Q & A ABOUT THE CASE**ask a question, leave an answer**NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am really getting confused. So RJ was out in the living room and Haleigh was in the bedroom. Gotcha, but I thought she said she was in the bed with RJ? In the master bedroom? Maybe this is what LE means when they said physical evidence doesn't match her statements. If RJ was in the living room and Haleigh was in the bedroom, she couldn't be in bed at 10 with RJ.

Now I am really getting confused. So RJ was out in the living room and Haleigh was in the bedroom. Gotcha, but I thought she said she was in the bed with RJ? In the master bedroom? Maybe this is what LE means when they said physical evidence doesn't match her statements. If RJ was in the living room and Haleigh was in the bedroom, she couldn't be in bed at 10 with RJ.

A lot of hoopty was going on with this story, wasn't there! First, they were all in one bed. Then they were NOT in one bed, she and Jr were in the master bed and Haleigh was in her own room. THEN, Jr was on the couch, Haleigh was in the master bedroom on her mattress, and each were watching their own movies. THEN! Jr was in the master bed, Haleigh was on her mattress on the floor, and when Misty went to bed, she crawled in with Jr.

I don't think Misty got a movie. :(

I guess the key here is when did Misty go to bed. She told the 911 operator that she was cleaning, and the kids were in their beds. She left out the movie story when talking to the 911 operator, so we are left not knowing when RJ got into bed because according to her he was watching tv in the livingroom, did I get that right? So at some point....RJ went into the bed with Misty and Haleigh got up and changed her shirt and put it in the dirty laundry. But she didn't know this because? Didn't someone once say that the truth never changes and would never be confusing?

Has anyone heard anything more on the sighting at Carrabba's in Knoxville?

Has this been dimissed as a mistake or is it still viable?

I only found this single story from a local news website in knoxville.
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/39896977.html

Does anyone know if a police report was made that can be accessed?

hup1lc.jpg

TIA :cool:

If there was a police report I have no knowledge of it. The tip came in as a 911 call according to a Nancy grace transcript from her show on February 20, 2009. Here is a bit of the transcript that talks about the sighting:

snipped-Back to T.J. Hart, standing by outside the family tent. What can you tell me about this cousin? He has not been named a suspect. We know he`s in Tennessee. We also know that there has been an alleged sighting of her at a Carrabba`s restaurant in Knoxville.

HART: So far, we`ve been chasing the same trail probably for a couple of days now about this mysterious cousin. Now today, of course, he`s been identified as only Joe. His placement has been here in the area. Also, there have been reports of sightings in Tennessee, where a 911 call was made stating that -- a witness stating that they saw a girl who matched the youngster`s description. They also say she was accompanied by a white male, who tried to shield or to hide her face. It`s also been said by witnesses, too, that they left in a red Rav-4, which is the Toyota vehicle, if I`m not mistaken.

And so far, we were not able to get a confirmation or validation on that yesterday, but we have heard confirmation today at the 3:00 o`clock presser that this Joe fellow has been spoken to by the FBI. -Snip So it seems as though there is a call to 911, but I don't know if that in itself would generate a police report. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable sleuths might know.

Here is a bit of info on the sighting as well:http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18757357/detail.html

And here:http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ble-sighting-of-Haleigh-Cummings-in-Tennessee

I had asked a question a while ago about the shirt that was found at the bottom of the laundry pile, and if it had been taken into evidence. I found that the sheriff's office does have it. just thought i would post the info. (i pulled this article from the media/ links)

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Missing Girl Case
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

<snipped>
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News discovered that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is investigating Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, who claimed that she was at home and sleeping when Haleigh Cummings was taken. But a tip puts the spot light on the 17-year-old girlfriend. The most recent information investigators got was that Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home when Haleigh disappeared from her Satusum house early last week.

On CNN, Tuesday night, Haleighs paternal grandmother, Terese Neves, spoke out in support of the 17-year-old's story.
"I believe someone went into the house and took her. I believe they either know my grandchildren and my family or Haleigh's mother's family," said Neves.
Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared.
Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html

To add to what you found about the shirt I wanted to add a but of an interview with Misty about the shirt that I had come across recently.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/20/ng.01.html

LAUER: Apparently, when Haleigh was first reported missing, you said she was wearing a pink shirt and you have now said that, no, in fact, she was not wearing that pink shirt, and I believe that pink shirt was actually found at your home. Can you explain that discrepancy for me?

CROSLIN: I was in the house with the detectives. They were showing me -- I had to back in the house to show them some stuff. And I was looking by the dirty clothes for the clothes that she was wearing earlier the other day for school, and I found that shirt and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?

Another interesting tidbit, police seemed interested in "the clothes that she was wearing earlier the other day for school". Am I to understand that police took Misty back into the trailer to have her show them what she wore to school?

Has anyone been able to find out what type of vehicles the family members (both sides and including grandparents, uncles, aunts...) have?

Is it possible to lift any type of finger prints or DNA from the cinder block/brick that was used to prop open the back door?

Also, do we know if LE kept this as evidence?

Please and Thank You...:blowkiss:

Is it possible to lift any type of finger prints or DNA from the cinder block/brick that was used to prop open the back door?

Also, do we know if LE kept this as evidence?

Please and Thank You...:blowkiss:

I would have to go back to the cinder block thread to link you up but this questioned was raised by yours truly and others here as well. There was a talking head on NG back in the beginning that stated the cinder block was a porous surface and epithelial( don't know if that is the right word or not) or skin cells could be collected from the block. Fibers as well. Prints would be more difficult. I will go look for the link to post.

And yes, LE did take the cinder block. I have not heard if they still have it but why would they give it back? I think it will prove to be important. :)

Does anyone know if there are any female cousins in the family Haleigh's age or close to it? Either side of the family or extended family, as in Croslins, Sheffields, Cummings anywhere?

Does anyone know if there are any female cousins in the family Haleigh's age or close to it? Either side of the family or extended family, as in Croslins, Sheffields, Cummings anywhere?

IIRC, Ron's sister, Crystal, has a daughter not far in age from Haleigh. I remember seeing a studio photo of TN with Haleigh, Jr and Crystal's children. The little boy is from a prior relationship Crystal's husband had. The baby girl was a little butterball - cute as could be. I'll try to find the pic for you.

ETA: I didn't find the pic, but here's an article stating that Crystal Cumming's daughter and Haleigh were both flower girls at a wedding last Dec.

Haleigh's aunt, Crystal Cummings said, "As my daughter and Haleigh were dropping the flowers, Haleigh would pick the petals up! She thought she needed to pick them up. My daughter said 'No. You have to drop them.' It was really cute."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131857&catid=295

Tommy and Lindsy have 3 children, Dustin, Austin, and Destiny. I couldn't find their children's exact ages, but on Tommy's myspace page there are photos of their children. Dustin and Austin appear to be around 5 and 6 y.o. and Destiny looks around 1 y o. Destiny is a female cousin of Haleigh's.

Two questions please?

1. Was the pond that the search dogs hit on during one of the ground searches ever drained in order to be searched?

2. What was the outbuilding that was hit on by the search dogs after the pond? Do we have a picture of it here? TIA!

Do we know for certain Ron Cummings answered his cell phone while he was at work? MC said she called Ron when the A/C repairman arrived and Ron talked to him. Are crane operators allowed to answer their cell phones while operating equipment? If Ron shut his phone off when he was working, then Misty knew it was pointless to call him and she lied. The A/C service report should indicate if whether he spoke directly with Ron and what time he arrived and departed from the MH. Misty said she intended to call Ron on his cell just before he turned into the driveway. Did Ron call home during his breaks the night HaLeigh disappeared?

Still wondering about the Corabbas sighting. There seems to be a few somewhat different versions of this story. I know a few different people in Florida from Tennesee and when they travel there they always take Interstate 75 because its shorter.
Also Corrabbas is located just off the Interstate. Maybe this was just a pitstop to a further destination. I quess it was Sunday Feb 15 2:00 pm.

29f9s08.jpg

http://www.cbs12.com/news/haleigh-4714751-cummings-cousin.html
February 19, 2009 9:17 PM

Someone spotted a girl they thought was Haleigh in Croslin's cousin's home state- Tennessee. The spotting was in a Knoxville Carrabba's Restaurant parking lot Sunday at 2 p.m. The Knoxville Police department said that person called them and said they spotted Haleigh in a red, Toyota RAV4. The caller said she was with a white man and white woman and they looked like they were trying to shield the girl's face.
Knoxville police responded, but never found anyone matching the description.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=17
Updated: 2/18/2009 8:31:02 PM

Capt. Dick Schauland said the tip is one of 1,200 under investigation.
Also, the Tennessee Highway Patrol confirms a witness claimed to have seen a man with a girl matching Haleigh's description at a Carrabba's in Knoxville Sunday afternoon.
There was a brief search which resulted in nothing.
Marie Griffis says the family is taking the tips with a grain of salt until detectives can say whether it's valid.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html
Sunday, February 22, 2009

The family's plea for the child's return came as news emerged about a tip from Tennessee called in by a woman claiming to have seen a man in a restaurant with a little girl resembling Haleigh, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.
The tipster, who reportedly phoned Knoxville detectives Sunday, said the man she saw was in a red Toyota RAV4 and appeared to be trying to shield the little girl with him.
Knoxville police said they didn't locate the car but turned the information over to Florida authorities on the case, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

Does any one know for sure where JO went when he left Putnam Co.?
The story below says police from Knoxville interviewed him?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298349/
Updated 9:46 a.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 20, 2009

Among the 1,300 tips collected by investigators was one possible sighting of Haleigh in a car with an adult male and female in Knoxville, Tenn. Police in Knoxville have interviewed the relative Croslin spoke of, but on Friday she told TODAY’s Matt Lauer that she was not convinced the man was not involved in Haleigh’s disappearance.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html
POSTED: 4:36 pm EST February 18, 2009
UPDATED: 12:01 am EST February 20, 2009

Haleigh, 5, was reported missing during the early morning hours of Feb. 10. Investigators have suspended their ground search and are now conducting a tip-based search for the missing girl.
A tipster said Haleigh was seen at a Carrabas restaurant in Knoxville, Tenn., with several people acting suspiciously and trying to hide their faces.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18757357/detail.html
POSTED: Friday, February 20, 2009
UPDATED: 7:24 am EST February 20, 2009

A woman reported to authorities on Sunday that she saw a girl resembling Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing for more than a week, at a Carrabba's restaurant in Knoxville, Tenn. The woman said a man was attempting to shield the girl's face and they drove off in a red Toyota Rav4 with Florida tags.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18764083/detail.html
POSTED: Friday, February 20, 2009
UPDATED: 10:59 pm EST February 20, 2009

In Tennessee last Sunday, a woman called 911 saying she saw a little girl who looked like Haleigh getting into a red Toyota Rav4 in the parking lot of a Carabba's restaurant.
The woman said it appeared that the man was attempting to shield the girl's face.
Knoxville police and the Florida Highway Patrol searched the area, but they could not find the vehicle.
"I don't believe that she would go into a restaurant and not cry for somebody," said Neves. "I can only pray it was her because that means she's alive and eating well."

Does anyone know if there is anything more on this story , such as an Interview with the manager at Corrabbas or a police report?

Thanks..:confused:

Two questions:

1. During all the family court matters, were either of the parents instructed to attend parenting courses, anger management, or anything else along those lines?

2. Has the 3 day bender by misty been confirmed? If so, by who? And any details on this would be appreciated.

TIA

Two questions:

1. During all the family court matters, were either of the parents instructed to attend parenting courses, anger management, or anything else along those lines?

2. Has the 3 day bender by misty been confirmed? If so, by who? And any details on this would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi butwhatif,

1. IIRC, Crystal had already completed a course prior to the Custody Hearing. Ron was ordered to complete one at the hearing and I believe he did so. That was in 2005-6. In Spring/Summer of 2009, DCF also recommended that he take the course again, with Misty, following the closing of the abuse allegegations investigation.

2. Not sure. It was reported on AH's web site.

When the dogs hit on the dumpster that was between Ron's home and family...3 different cadaver dogs hit on it. Yet nothing was discovered in the dumpster. It was said that the dumpster hadn't been emptied, but had it been? Did the police ever try to search where this dumpster was dumped previously to find out if there were clues to Haleigh's disappearance?

Thank you in advance!

Is there a timeline calendar created for this case like the one done in the Anthony case? If so, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme