**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of people on every thread that I've ever been on that post something to the effect of "...I have a busy life so, I have not read through all the previous posts..." and then proceeds to post something that has been discussed to the hilt!
Any suggestions what to do in this case?:thinking:

Scroll n roll?

I don't know if this is the right spot for this question, but when I press thanks after a post it tells me to remove it.

It's not telling you to remove it; it's providing something like a button to press if you wish to remove it.

I want to edit a post I made to fix up the clarity of the writing and fix a broken link, but I don't see the "edit" button anywhere, can someone please advise how I can do this? Thank you!

Or can you only edit a post once?
Because I see the "edit" button on the post I just did, but on my other post which I have edited before to add a link, there is no "edit" button.

Thanks!

Not sure if this helps, but there is a limited window of time in which you can edit a post. I'm pretty sure that a post can be edited more than once, but only in that window of time, which begins when the message is first posted.

I have read posts where people remark about a "basement" or "down below" in reference to information like scanners. What are those/is it?
Those are references to the members only areas, such as the Parking Lot and Jury Room.

I have only pm'd a couple of times. When I go to my pm box I can only find incoming pm's-any way to see my outgoing responses?
Look on the left hand side of the page. You should see "Sent Items".

Thanks Bessie, but I'm still at a loss. When I click "sent items" all I get is a message "Sent Items contains 0 messages. You have 10 messages stored, of a total 200 allowed." I try to click on everything else in the screen to no avail. I'm pretty sure I've never deleted any sent items. I'm seriously technically challenged though. I'm gonna feel pretty stupid if you can show me how to see them.

There is no other way to see them, I'm afraid. I think you might have inadvertently deleted them. Why don't you send me a test pm, and then see if it shows up in "sent items".

If memory serves, you have to select the option of keeping a copy of your sent messages kept in your 'sent' folder, otherwise the messages are never saved.

I think I found the problem under the general settings option. This one has been driving me crazy, now I get it. There's an option to save sent messages. I can fix that one going forward (I think). So even weirder question, what if you receive a strange pm, one that causes a "whaaaat you talkin about moment"?
If it's an abusive or harassing pm, you can alert on it just as you would an offensive post. You also have the option of reporting it directly to a mod/admin in a pm.

No, the jpegs you attach to a post. How do I empty that?

Tracker, do you mean the ones when we "go advanced" on a post and use the "manage attachments" to add a pic? I would like to know how to delete those, too.

If its a pic you've put in your post I don't think it can be edited unless a Mod does it for you.

I have been a member for about 3-4 months and although I have started to post, most of the time I just read. I have been pretty interested in some of the threads but when I come back a few days later I can't find the thread and of course I can't remember the name. I've lost track of several threads this way. Is there a way to go back and do some sort of advanced search that will let me use keywords? Oh maybe there's a better way to keep up and I just haven't heard of it yet.

TIA

You can mark the threads you like for easy access. It is called "subscribe to thread"

above the first post on the page you want to find again, click "Thread Tools"
click on "subscribe (or is it subscribe to thread?)
a pop up to confirm this appears. click that, and it will return you to the forum page you started at.

Next time you open Websleuths and are signed in, just click the Quick Links tab (just below the big Websleuth header), choose subscribed threads, and you have a page of the ones you have subscribed to

Hope that helps! I may not be exact, so this is just a guide. I think you will do OK. If not, come on back.

good luck!

also, not a mod here, but you can select the feature in your general settings that automatically subscribes you to any thread you post on. I would be completely LOST without my subscription list! Good luck and happy sleuthing.

also, not a mod here, but you can select the feature in your general settings that automatically subscribes you to any thread you post on. I would be completely LOST without my subscription list! Good luck and happy sleuthing.

ahahahahaaa..... and I have been going at it the hard way! Much easier.... thanks tlcya!!

your way will work for those threads members wish to follow but may not wish to post on and the general settings way is a great shortcut to get to all those that members do opt to participate and post on :) All good tips to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143