**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello .... I am new to the forum and would like to post a thread but it will not allow me to. Is there a probation period perhaps? I don't know if I am doing something incorrect or if its just my "newness", can any advise me or lend me some guidance? Thank you in advance...

T.

I don't have an edit key on my posts anymore. How do I get it back? I can't fix my posts or change them.

Now this one had an edit key.. what...?

Thanks

Always
Goz

I don't have an edit key on my posts anymore. How do I get it back? I can't fix my posts or change them.

Now this one had an edit key.. what...?

Thanks

Always
Goz

You now have an hour to edit your posts.

Thank you for your reply and for explaining this to me.

Have a great day.

Goz

Hello .... I am new to the forum and would like to post a thread but it will not allow me to. Is there a probation period perhaps? I don't know if I am doing something incorrect or if its just my "newness", can any advise me or lend me some guidance? Thank you in advance...

T.

Thanks for posting Portabella -- I was wondering this too.

I have been looking all day today on WS for a button that says ''start a new thread'' haven't found it ..... could someone advise on that? Thanks

I have seen threads started with ""low post count'''' not to be confused with low thread count

thanks

Hi - To start a new thread, go to the branch forum itself, i.e. Jury Room or Missing/Located (example: Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community), and then look at the top left hand corner of the threads list, and there should be a button "Start a New Thread."

Like this:
newthread.gif

Don't know anything about post requirements, etc, but just pointing out where the "new thread" button should normally be found.

HTH!

Hi - To start a new thread, go to the branch forum itself, i.e. Jury Room or Missing/Located (example: Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community), and then look at the top left hand corner of the threads list, and there should be a button "Start a New Thread."

Like this:
newthread.gif

Don't know anything about post requirements, etc, but just pointing out where the "new thread" button should normally be found.

HTH!

Thanks for your speedy response WhyADuck - maybe Friday the 13th is going to be a great day after all.

Thanks for your speedy response WhyADuck - maybe Friday the 13th is going to be a great day after all.

No problem. Wasn't sure if that's the info you needed, but I wanted to help if I could. Happy threading! :)

I need a little help if possible. I'm trying to get more into the forums, but apparently my account is pretty much restricted to just posting. I want to try and get into more stuff like reading my posts and responding or viewing other profiles, etc. but I get this message on pretty much everything:

starmushrooms, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get immediate access? I promise to be a great contributor, lol. I understand your rules and making sure people aren't trolls. Any help would be great. :dance:

I need a little help if possible. I'm trying to get more into the forums, but apparently my account is pretty much restricted to just posting. I want to try and get into more stuff like reading my posts and responding or viewing other profiles, etc. but I get this message on pretty much everything:

starmushrooms, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get immediate access? I promise to be a great contributor, lol. I understand your rules and making sure people aren't trolls. Any help would be great. :dance:

The easy way is to go to the games forum and rack up some quick posts to get past the restrictions sooner.

However, I don't recall being as restricted as you are describing when I first joined, so you may want to email or PM (if you can) a mod to see what's the haps. (Though, honestly, I don't remember much about those heady first days of WS life, and I racked up a lot of posts fairly quickly. Yes, I am a windbag.)

Once you get past 25 or 50 posts, though, you should see a lot of the restrictions drop.

Very observant Ducky. :)

The restrictions were increased due to general forum issues. Just keep posting and you'll have a new world opened to you before long. :)

Very observant Ducky. :)

The restrictions were increased due to general forum issues. Just keep posting and you'll have a new world opened to you before long. :)

Oh man - guess I'm no longer a newbie, then.

Thank you both very much, I will keep at it here in the forums. No worries, I can get winded too if I'm into a case :o

I must be a little slow, how do you post a poll?

When you go to "start a new thread", hit "add a poll" at the bottom of the "post new thread" page:

Post a Poll
Yes, post a poll with this thread
Number of poll options:

Thank you, Ducky, cuz I didn't know how to do that, either!! :blowkiss:

I'd like to know what the appropriate waiting time is when you send a PM to a Mod? I have waited from 1-3 days for replies.
There is one Mod that always answers me extremely quickly, but no one else does.

I'd like to know what the appropriate waiting time is when you send a PM to a Mod? I have waited from 1-3 days for replies.
There is one Mod that always answers me extremely quickly, but no one else does.

Hi whiteangora :)

We all try to answer pm's as soon as we can. Sometimes it can take a few days. You can always pm another Mod if you need an answer quicker, we are all happy to help out when we can. Take care.

Ima

I have a question. How do you add a saying or quote or whatever under your name next to your avatar? I cannot figure out how to do it. TIA.

I have a question. How do you add a saying or quote or whatever under your name next to your avatar? I cannot figure out how to do it. TIA.

Go to "User CP" and "Edit Details" - You can replace "Registered User" with whatever you want, as long as it is in good taste.

PS. JB Fletcher, eh? Do you find everyone in your small Maine town are still dying mysteriously whenever you interact with them? Must be a killer on the social life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member