**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble including a Word doc in my post as an attachment. I went to Advanced, the upload image section but that takes me to pictures. I tried going to my Word doc on my PC and included it in images. When I clicked upload the Word icon was there but it says This is not valid.

Could someone please give me a step by step on how to do this. Thank you in advance.

When I try to alert on posts that violate TOS, I'm taken to a page that states it is an invalid link. The post is still there, so it's not as if it's been removed. Any idea what the problem is?

Are you clicking on the little black triangle on the same line as Thanks, Reply etc but on the left-hand side of the page?

I've asked several people for help, and just now saw this thread, so I will ask again. Since yesterday the format has changed for me on the site. I've spent hours trying to see what I may have done for this to happen. I noticed HTML is on off, don't know if that has something to do with it, and would have no idea how to put it on. Honestly don't know what that is. It is so hard to follow the site now, I'm so mixed up. Is there anyone that can help, thank-you. As you can see I'm not computer literate, just want the format like it was.

I'M WIN7, IE, w/DIAL-UP INTERNET.########like the poster above, "HTML" is turned off and I can't turn it on.#####I'm set to the V-Bulletin style#######When I try to post, there are no options showing for bolding, Italics, etc.##########Smilies show up as available but can't post them#######I write my post/reply using paragraphs. However, when my reply is posted to the thread the "blank spaces between paragraphs" have disappeared##########I try to Edit Post by placing paragraphs back in and saving changes. Post then reappears on thread, but sans the "paragraphing."##########WS is the only website I'm having problems with##########If anybody can help me it will be ever so appreciated!!##########Thank you. fox

Hi there,
I'm new to the site and I hope I'm posting in the correct space.
I understand that we are not supposed to contact family members of crime victims for obvious reasons -- however are we able to direct family members of missing persons who are looking for help to this site?

For some reason lately threads keep showing up as having unread posts even after I've scrolled completely through every page of the thread. Refreshing the page doesn't seem to help. Eventually either the bold-"unread" thing goes away on its own (sometimes, and I can't figure out what triggers it) or I just get annoyed and click "mark forum as read" to make it easier to see which threads have posts that are actually new. Help?

For the last few days everytime I use websleuths I keep being redirected to a mob free.click website on my iPad it happens every time I look on threads and it only happens when I log into websleuths and not on any other websites on the Internet - it keeps popping up and is very annoying as I do not want to download and free apps and does not give you an option to close the page why is it doing this?

For the last few days everytime I use websleuths I keep being redirected to a mob free.click website on my iPad it happens every time I look on threads and it only happens when I log into websleuths and not on any other websites on the Internet - it keeps popping up and is very annoying as I do not want to download and free apps and does not give you an option to close the page why is it doing this?

Hi Magneto, here's the discussion for this issue.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267311-Warning-ad-site-redirect/page16

For some reason lately threads keep showing up as having unread posts even after I've scrolled completely through every page of the thread. Refreshing the page doesn't seem to help. Eventually either the bold-"unread" thing goes away on its own (sometimes, and I can't figure out what triggers it) or I just get annoyed and click "mark forum as read" to make it easier to see which threads have posts that are actually new. Help?

I'm not sure why it's happening but I noticed the same happening for me the past few days. It cramps my style too, in a big way! lol Every so often vbulletin performs their automated updates. I have a feeling this started occurring after one of those. I will contact our tech guy and see if he can tweak the settings.

Hi there,
I'm new to the site and I hope I'm posting in the correct space.
I understand that we are not supposed to contact family members of crime victims for obvious reasons -- however are we able to direct family members of missing persons who are looking for help to this site?

Absolutely! Please do. :)

I'm having trouble including a Word doc in my post as an attachment. I went to Advanced, the upload image section but that takes me to pictures. I tried going to my Word doc on my PC and included it in images. When I clicked upload the Word icon was there but it says This is not valid.

Could someone please give me a step by step on how to do this. Thank you in advance.

In the Advanced mode, click on the paperclip icon (right above the image icon). On the page that pops up, look at the top far right and you will see "+ Add Files". Click on that and it will allow you to add a word doc, pdf, etc..

Hope that helps. :)

I also get this.....

attachment.php
The image looks like a message from Internet Explorer. If so, that's the problem. Some scripts take a very long time to run in IE. You can google script errors for the versions of Windows and IE you are using, and you might find a fix. You should also make sure all Windows updates are installed, and you're running the latest version of IE. The simplest remedy is to use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.

WS usually takes about 8 minutes to load a page when using my computer. I've done work arounds, as I find this time to load is unacceptable for a forum... and downloaded and use Tapatalk... but sometimes I really want to use my computer and go though the internet and suffer through the 8 minutes to load a page. In the last month, I'm now getting this and it freezes / shuts down the entire browser. I'm just getting around to asking what ...what is the problem?

View attachment 86072

I would recommend using a different browser. I never use Explorer because of this.

Try using Mozilla Firefox and I think you will find WS loads in seconds.

Is there anyway to change / edit your USERNAME on here ? I 'm looking at settings and about me, and etc etc and c annot see any such thing. Is it better to make a new acct ? TIA
USER ACCOUNTS
A maximum of ONE account is allowed per person. If you are found to be using two or more accounts, one or more of them will be deleted and you may be banned from WS all together depending on the situation.

The bottom line here is to register one account and stick with it. If you have account problems, contact a WS Admin and state the problem you are having. We may recommend that you re-register if the problem cannot be solved but in most all cases a problem with an account can be corrected by an Admin.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

I am trying to post a thread in unidentified via mobile and I am getting an error message saying "must choose thread prefix" however there is no drop down or option or even anything that says what a thread prefix even is? In simple terms a five year old can understand, HOW do you make a post in mobile?

The thread prefix you need is the two letter state abbreviation. Others are "found safe", "identified", "found deceased", and the like. Prefixes are found in a dropdown menu that is not available in Tapatalk. It went away after one of the Tapatalk updates awhile back.

Unfortunately, a state prefix is required to start an UID thread. So you won't be able to in Tapatalk. Sorry. You can pm a link to me, and I'll be glad to get one started for you.

The image looks like a message from Internet Explorer. If so, that's the problem. Some scripts take a very long time to run in IE. You can google script errors for the versions of Windows and IE you are using, and you might find a fix. You should also make sure all Windows updates are installed, and you're running the latest version of IE. The simplest remedy is to use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.

I recently switched to Edge (from IE) and have not had problems on Websleuths or any other site. Edge is recommended for newer versions of Windows.

What's become of the was-standard 10 minutes allowed for editing one's post without being branded with the 'Last edited by xxxx; Today at xx:xx xx' iron? Down at least to two minutes now and I suspect completely gone.

Oh yes, I really miss this feature. I loved those 10 mins to fix grammar and spelling and pretend like I had just got it right the first time around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3