Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Problem continues. On another thread katydid23 also indicated she was having the same issue. Hints, tips, suggestions - all welcome.

Actually, the problem has gotten worse as it now includes threads I have not posted myself, just posted upon.

Yikes.

First thing I always click on is New Posts, and today it only showed a handful, when I went to Hot Cases / Lisa Irwin Missing, there were several pages of posts that didn't show up at all in the New Posts search.

It's a mystery, wfgodot . I'm going to reset your account. Please send me a Visitor Message to let me know if it worked or not since I don't check this thread all the time. It's Imamaze's territory. :kimsterwink:

If this works, I'll reset Katy's and Dewey's too.

Hi!
I have an online friend who thinks she is a missing child. Her life was full of mystery & abuse. She witnessed a murder her father was involved in etc. a pic of her at 3 shows a prominent mole left side of neck, however, she has no said mole ... Currently she is communicating with The Missing & Exploited. The cannot find a birth record on the man who raised her. Any suggestions
Thx, SK

Hi SideKick,

Contacting the Missing and Exploited is a great idea. Your friend may want to contact a detective from the area the alleged crime occurred too.
Maybe some of our other sleuthers will have some ideas for you as well.

I"m sorry your friend has been through so much, I hope things work out for her, will keep her in my prayers.

Kindest Regards,
Ima

Hi SideKick,

Contacting the Missing and Exploited is a great idea. Your friend may want to contact a detective from the area the alleged crime occurred too.
Maybe some of our other sleuthers will have some ideas for you as well.

I"m sorry your friend has been through so much, I hope things work out for her, will keep her in my prayers.

Kindest Regards,
Ima

...thankyou imamaze,
She said something about the Missing not doing DNA which I don't understand ... How would they match a person? Also Iam going to get her family info to see if anyone can do a genealogy search on her dad and his family as The Missing is unable to find anything. I will post in that forum once received.
All the best,
SK

Can anyone tell me where you can figure out if someone has been ruled out as a match for someone else? What sites tell that info?

The particular person I am wondering about is Amy Yachimec and this UID

http://doenetwork.org/cases/72uftx.html is there a way to see if they have already been considered as each other?

Can anyone tell me where you can figure out if someone has been ruled out as a match for someone else? What sites tell that info?

The particular person I am wondering about is Amy Yachimec and this UID

http://doenetwork.org/cases/72uftx.html is there a way to see if they have already been considered as each other?

Hi airplanelamp,

I don't know of any particular place that shows that info. NamUs is one place you may want to start looking. You might also want to check our UID forum to see if a case has been started on the UID case you posted.

Ima

I don't see a search icon anywhere at the top of the pages. I do see a search box on the left hand side but when I enter a name in there I get a message saying I don't have access to that????? Am I doing something wrong. (sorry I am brand new here)

I don't see a search icon anywhere at the top of the pages. I do see a search box on the left hand side but when I enter a name in there I get a message saying I don't have access to that????? Am I doing something wrong. (sorry I am brand new here)

Hi JoHypen :)

I'm pretty sure you need to get around 50 posts before you get to use the search option. It may not be exactly that much but its around that. It doesn't take to long for your posts to start adding up.

Jump into some of our missing cases or in the private area their is a game room that will help you get your post count up.

Welcome to Websleuths! Look forward to reading your thoughts on some of our cases!

:Welcome1::greetings::welcome4:

Not sure where the best place is for this- this seems closest.

There are a bunch of HUGE threads, or multi- thread cases. Off the top of my head I can use the Bob Harrod case as an example, but there are many more. It would be nice if there were summaries available somewhere in each thread or maybe in a sticky if the case has its own section.

In the beginning of each thread sometimes the poster will put relevant links to documents, etc. but it would so NICE and helpful if someone also wrote a paragraph or two summary of the case (facts only) and in the next post maybe another paragraph or two of what the contentious points are or what some of the general theories are.

There are many cases I would like to join in on, or at least learn about but staring down 15+ threads is pretty daunting. Sometimes I just want to know the bare bones and those bare bones of the case are hidden amongst quite a few thousand posts.

I would think that people who are dedicated to their "pet" cases would love to have more people join into the discussion and this could be a way to help that to happen.

Just my opinion, of course.:twocents:

I came upon a couple of messages written in code from a POI.How do I find someone to confidentially look at it? Thanks

I came upon a couple of messages written in code from a POI.How do I find someone to confidentially look at it? Thanks

Hi jillybean :)

Some of our other members may have a different suggestion but I would suggest you send the info to law enforcement.

Ima

I was wondering if there is a way to search specific threads for key words/phrases and/or tags?

TIA :)

This is sort of a general response. I've run into a case here in NC and I'm not sure how to proceed. Has anyone here accidentally uncovered a larger and potentially criminal issue while researching something simple?

I spend a lot more time lurking here than anything else and I post when I feel I have something to contribute.

If I had questions about stalking and how to proceed or what agencies to approach, is there anyone here verified I could sort of shoot a message or is there a place I could post to to get opinions?

What I've run across is very, very scary and I'm a little unsure of how to proceed.

I was wondering if there is a way to search specific threads for key words/phrases and/or tags?

TIA :)

I'm not sure fred&edna, I'll see if another Mod can answer your question.

Ima

At the top of the page on the first post you should see "Search this Thread" or "Search this Forum." You can put your search words in the window.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back