Questions you'd like answers to...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Agree, not only that, but there is absolutely zero evidence he took his gaming system with him -- I've heard this a lot by now, and I have no idea how it got started.

It came from JR. Here's one example.:

The officer reads the ransom note, asks more questions, and sequesters us in the sunroom. Our baby girl- kidnapped. We become concerned for Burke. He shouldn't wake up to all this confusion. We wake him and explain that JonBenét is missing and he'll be going to his friend's house for a little while.

"Will she come back?"
"Of course. Yes. We'll find her."
"And then we'll go on the plane?"
"Yes, then we'll go on the plane." He leaves with tears in his eyes and his new Nintendo 64 game under his arm. I want to run after him, hold him in my arms, not let him out of my sight.

By "Nintendo 64 game", I assume JR meant the actual game cartridge (for example, Mario Kart 64), not the game system, or got it all wrong and meant a GameBoy, since I believe FW reported BR playing a handheld game in the car to the White residence.

^ Right, I just assume he means game, as in the cartridge. There's no way he can "tuck" an entire gaming system, adapter, power cord, and 1-2 controllers all "under his arm." It's impossible. It would have to be in a backpack of some sort, at the very least.

Of course, with JR's account and all the usual lies, who the heck even knows if he had anything with him "under his arm" at all.

^ Right, I just assume he means game, as in the cartridge. There's no way he can "tuck" an entire gaming system, adapter, power cord, and 1-2 controllers all "under his arm." It's impossible. It would have to be in a backpack of some sort, at the very least.

Of course, with JR's account and all the usual lies, who the heck even knows if he had anything with him "under his arm" at all.

Oh I suspect he had the entire console with him when he left. They knew they were never coming back to that house so why wouldn't he take it? Was it on the list of things that LP picked up from the house? If not, I'd bet he took it.

Oh I suspect he had the entire console with him when he left. They knew they were never coming back to that house so why wouldn't he take it? Was it on the list of things that LP picked up from the house? If not, I'd bet he took it.
According to the acandyrose.com Fleet White segment, Burke "grabbed his Nintendo and a couple of Christmas toys to take on his visit to his friend's". Fleet Sr. allegedly reported that Burke asked no questions about what was going on at the house and only talked about the Nintendo he got for Christmas and had brought with him. http://www.acandyrose.com/s-fleet-priscilla-white.htm

^ Hmm, plot thickens then. I still don't get it though. If he brought his Nintendo, he would have brought it in some sort of back-pack -- unless he still had the box it came in? Anyways, seems like a miniscule thing to dissect (i.e. whether he brought it or not).

According to the acandyrose.com Fleet White segment, Burke "grabbed his Nintendo and a couple of Christmas toys to take on his visit to his friend's". Fleet Sr. allegedly reported that Burke asked no questions about what was going on at the house and only talked about the Nintendo he got for Christmas and had brought with him. http://www.acandyrose.com/s-fleet-priscilla-white.htm

HarmonyE,
Typical obsessive behavior, he knew he wasn't coming back, so took his latest toy with him.

^ I'm not so sure. What if JBR had never been discovered? What if the police and everyone left the residence? I wonder if it's possible that JR/PR wanted more time to stage this crime. They wanted to tie up some more loose ends, and were hoping they could return to the body after police had left? They sent BR away regardless that morning, because they didn't want him (or anyone) around when they finished the staging and/or left the house to dispose.

The Nintendo doesn't necessarily imply anything, to me anyway. It could simply be a matter of a kid wanting to play with his new toy.

^ I'm not so sure. What if JBR had never been discovered? What if the police and everyone left the residence? I wonder if it's possible that JR/PR wanted more time to stage this crime. They wanted to tie up some more loose ends, and were hoping they could return to the body after police had left? They sent BR away regardless that morning, because they didn't want him (or anyone) around when they finished the staging and/or left the house to dispose.

The Nintendo doesn't necessarily imply anything, to me anyway. It could simply be a matter of a kid wanting to play with his new toy.

That was along the lines of my theory. I think it's a real possibility.

Userid,
It should tell you how obsessive BR was, since he could simply play with his new shiny box, on returning later.

Consider the case is BDI, so BR knows he is not coming back, hence he takes something he values the most, i.e. in his world of childish values.

JR sent BR away because he knows the case is BDI, and wants BR out of the house, and hopefully beyond the reach of inquisitive detectives?

JR had already planned to fly interstate out of Colorado leaving JonBenet behind, that's assuming he would detour on route to the airport to pickup BR?

Why is a man who is ignorant regarding who killed JonBenet want to flee the scene of a crime?

^ Hmm, plot thickens then. I still don't get it though. If he brought his Nintendo, he would have brought it in some sort of back-pack -- unless he still had the box it came in? Anyways, seems like a miniscule thing to dissect (i.e. whether he brought it or not).
I would suspect it was either still in the box or already packed up and ready for him to take to Michigan. But either way it sounds like he brought the entire unit with him when he left with Fleet.

Something I've wondered recently, it may sound silly, but why wasn't Burke 'ransomed' too? I mean, we all know the ransom note is bogus. But if I were part of a 'foreign faction' and I really wanted to hurt JR I could imagine I would kidnap both children and ask for more ransom, especially seeing as their bedrooms are on the same floor. IDK. Seems like a wasted opportunity (from a kidnappers perspective).

And in the Dr Phil interview the way Burke spoke about how Patsy came into his room on the morning of frantically saying "Wheres my baby?! Wheres my baby?!" hell, if I just discovered that my baby was missing you'd bet your *advertiser censored* i'd be running into my other childs room to make sure THEY were there and OK, then waking them up and asking them if they have seen their sibling/heard anything ect. No way I would walk in and walk out.

This makes it even more clear to me that the 'kidnapping' was all staged. I was on the fence for a while but I am definitely BDI now.

Userid,
Why is a man who is ignorant regarding who killed JonBenet want to flee the scene of a crime?.

There seemed a real effort to keep Burke out of the picture and not speak to anyone. He exhibited no inquisitiveness as to his sister's whereabouts. You would think he'd be asked if there were any good hiding places in the home and be asked to show them.

Patsy, who despite being able to make the 911 call and the call to her friends, devolved into a blubbering, vomiting mess once everyone arrived- certainly she was distraught, but some found the severity of her grief as more of a performance that kept her evasive and through her fingers covering her face, watchful of the police. She did no searching of her own- even by her own accounts, she did not look into the basement after finding the ransom note and checked only JonBenet's room and (possibly) Burke's.

John while unnaturally calm, was seen as somewhat helpful that morning, and also seemed inquisitive about what had happened. The desire to leave, not answering questions, etc. that all happened once the body was found.

I think a lot of this case is who knew what and when. I'm leaning more towards the idea that no Ramsey knew everything and still does not. Even in the interviews that took place years later, John and Patsy had conflicting accounts, and Burke's were even more different. As they years continued to pass, their stories became self-conflicting. Even by the Dr Phil interview, John and Burke didn't seem to have all their ducks in a row. I think the individual lawyers helped each person structure a story that served them best though they had to evolve as more evidence was found. The lawyers themselves probably don't know what happened- their only concern was maintaining their client's innocence.

At first it seems absurd when the Ramsey's themselves claim to have not spoken about the case, never read the whole ransom note, never read the autopsy, hardly ever read the reports either from the detectives, their own investigators, or the news in general. By now, their lack of clarity both individually and as a group seems to convey a sense that they knew something bad happened, they each played a part, but it was best to leave it at that and stand together- unwilling to further their losses or lose faith in their family.

So, is it possible the family never spoke among themselves in detail? Burke may have had knowledge about the initial incident, but not the staging/ransom. Patsy seems most closely linked to the ransom note and staging, but if BDI, may not have known what actually occurred. John may have been involved in the staging or may have known nothing until his lost time the next morning. He may have pieced enough together on his own to decide to get Burke out, keep Patsy at a distance, and go explore the basement on his own. Once the body was brought up, he decided to circle the wagons and retreat. I also get the sense that the extended family was told nothing more than to support the family and avoid speaking about it.

Again, while most seem to believe that when the police showed up at their door on the 26th that the Ramsey's were all in collusion, I think what it was more a group that stuck together no matter what and didn't ask about what they didn't want to know.

Userid,
It should tell you how obsessive BR was, since he could simply play with his new shiny box, on returning later.

Consider the case is BDI, so BR knows he is not coming back, hence he takes something he values the most, i.e. in his world of childish values.

JR sent BR away because he knows the case is BDI, and wants BR out of the house, and hopefully beyond the reach of inquisitive detectives?

JR had already planned to fly interstate out of Colorado leaving JonBenet behind, that's assuming he would detour on route to the airport to pickup BR?

Why is a man who is ignorant regarding who killed JonBenet want to flee the scene of a crime?

You've never been obsessed with a game? You want to play it over and over again. There's always some new level to beat. A 9 year old boy also wants to show-off his new toy.

I got bored easily when I was a child. Visiting was sometimes a pain because there was nothing to do. I don't see anything suspect with him taking his game. There's also another side of this. If he was worried about the consequences of his actions, games wouldn't be on his mind. Even if Burke was a psychopath, he'd still be dealing with the consequences of his actions.

sedndun - they all 3 know who hit her on the head and who sexually assaulted her on prior occasions. The parents know who strangled her and who wrote the RN and staged the scene. BR may not know these details, having been forced to stay in his room as the nightmare unfolded and which is why he responded 'what are the chances?' when told that JBR had been kidnapped. 'What are the chances that someone kidnapped her after I bludgeoned her? Wow! Am I lucky or what? I'm not in trouble anymore.'

JR may not have been involved with any of the staging and strangulation but once he saw the note, he knew that PR was involved. One can only imagine the thoughts going through his brain as he processed this fact with police staring at him and both LE and friends not giving him one second alone with PR to get to the bottom of it.

He was cordial.

"It's an inside job."

"HE didn't mean to kill her, he wrapped her in a blanket." Who says this when they find their child murdered? NO ONE. Absolutely no one, unless they know the killer is their own precious 9 year old son.

sedndun,

I'm leaning more towards the idea that no Ramsey knew everything and still does not.

I reckon you are right on the money here. If all three R's were not present when JonBenet was killed, then ditto an ignorant R.

Similarly if the case is either JDI, PDI, or BDI, we have two ignorant R's.

To back this up I would suggest Patsy not cleaning away the pineapple leftovers means she was ignorant about it, corroboration is she did offer an explanation for JonBenet wearing Burke's long johns but she fell down on the size-12's, why because she is ignorant about the removal of the remaining five size-12 pairs?

Same with JR he is offering explanations for Burke being in the basement, i.e. covers any forensic evidence, the broken window, the suitcase, and all the other stuff he comments on.

So its likely that the parents know enough, i.e. BDI, yet not enough to fill in all the gaps.

Which as you suggest results in the separate legal narratives, particularly the one on the Dr Phil show.

This is instructive since it tells us what Burke does not want to be linked to, e.g. flashlight but will admit to being downstairs and maybe snacking pineapple.

If pushed in a court BR would present a different story one that has him playing with his toy then having a pineapple snack, and minimally returning to bed?

TeaTime,

JR has to be involved prior to writing the RN. He has to know how to behave post 911 call, i.e. what say, respond, what his role is, otherwise the R's run the risk of JR inadvertently giving the game away.

Consider JR's explanations for various objects in the basement, how does he know which are relevant and which are not?

Consider BR's knife found in the basement, accident or a parent wishing to frame BR, or is it parental ignorance, I reckon the latter, i.e. that is both parents!

The case is BDI all day long, Kolar has helped me think it might actually be BDI All, this explains the parents ignorance and that they likely arrived at the crime-scene late in the morning and decided it needed changing, hence the wine-cellar staging?

JR gets most of his explanations to fly whereas Patsy does not, so I might suggest it's Patsy who knows little and JR knowing more?

Something I've wondered recently, it may sound silly, but why wasn't Burke 'ransomed' too? I mean, we all know the ransom note is bogus. But if I were part of a 'foreign faction' and I really wanted to hurt JR I could imagine I would kidnap both children and ask for more ransom, especially seeing as their bedrooms are on the same floor. IDK. Seems like a wasted opportunity (from a kidnappers perspective).

I doubt if any kidnapper would attempt to abduct two kids at the same time, and the Ramseys would have known this. One struggling child would be enough for any small foreign faction!

sedndun - they all 3 know who hit her on the head and who sexually assaulted her on prior occasions. The parents know who strangled her and who wrote the RN and staged the scene. BR may not know these details, having been forced to stay in his room as the nightmare unfolded and which is why he responded 'what are the chances?' when told that JBR had been kidnapped. 'What are the chances that someone kidnapped her after I bludgeoned her? Wow! Am I lucky or what? I'm not in trouble anymore.'

JR may not have been involved with any of the staging and strangulation but once he saw the note, he knew that PR was involved. One can only imagine the thoughts going through his brain as he processed this fact with police staring at him and both LE and friends not giving him one second alone with PR to get to the bottom of it.

He was cordial.

"It's an inside job."

"HE didn't mean to kill her, he wrapped her in a blanket." Who says this when they find their child murdered? NO ONE. Absolutely no one, unless they know the killer is their own precious 9 year old son.
BBM

I agree with this part. I think this is a very good possibility. His behavior that morning seems to support this.

He was cordial.

"It's an inside job."

Where is the quote of "he didn't mean to kill her" from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff