Questions you'd like Susan's friends and family members to answer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the floor plan. Does anyone know where the wet spot and fans were? And was it in route to the garage?

Is is possible to get from the basement to the garage without going outside?

Brought over from the general thread.

Have either of the boys asked what happened to their mom? If so, what answer was given to them? Did Josh volunteer any information to the boys when she went missing or did he wait until asked, thus forced to come up with some answer (truthful or not)?

Were both children planned pregnancies or unplanned?

What is Terrica's reasoning/excuse for not being more vocal about this case and feedback regarding Josh?

When did Josh become a Mormon? Was SP giving Josh anti-LDS material before he met and married Susan, or just after?

What happened between the Cox family and the SP family that the Cox's have said they do not feel comfortable around him?

What was removed from the shed that Josh felt the need to block the video news camera's from seeing? Or was it a ruse on his part?

Define the 'keys' that were found when police entered the house. Were they actual car and house keys or just house keys?

Were any lease agreements or other rental information found in the house when police searched? Bank records or checking acct information that was in her name only? (it was reported that Susan already had plans on where she was going to go when leaving Josh).

Is it true that Josh is taking the kids to church in Payullup?

Have the renters of the Powell house had any unusual experiences since moving in there? Have they found anything unusual?

Has the shrink wrap allegation been confirmed to be true or false?

Any confirmation if Josh did go to Susan's place of employment demanding the log she kept there that had incidents with him recorded in it?

What are Josh's brother's actual thoughts and reactions to this case? Is Josh even close to them, or the other sister for that matter?

When police entered the house and looked around, had the dinner dishes been cleaned and put away or in the sink/dishwasher unwashed?

Fall 2008 Department of Public Policy and Administration, Boise State University

Ralph Powell (2000) is Professor of Criminology at the University of Phoenix, Idaho Campus. He continues as Operations Commander over the Forensic Labs for the Idaho State Police. http://ppa.boisestate.edu/publications/_PAreport/v-alumni.html
Is Ralph Powell a brother of SP, and if so, do the two families still keep in touch? Would JP have visited or talked with this criminologist in recent years?

Is it true that Josh is taking the kids to church in Payullup?

I know for a fact that Josh took the boys to the Puyallup LDS church at least once because a woman sent me a Facebook message telling me he had attended and how creepy it was when he came very close to where she was. (I won't go into more details because doing so could reveal who she is.)

As discussed on the other thread--this law only applies to treating medical personnel--not the average Joe. We can discuss it all we want.

Yes, G-a-b. Thanked you on the other thread for posting the HIPAA info as a reminder to all. I didn't have time the night I posted to be more specific in my warning, and you did a great job following up.

Was the bed made? Did Susan regularly make her bed? I think if Susan took a nap that evening and then something happend to her that night- the bed would not be made. I doubt Josh would make the bed after allegedly killing her.

If Josh has OCD, I'm sure he would have made the bed afterwards. If she was "abducted" from a "deep sleep" then I would say no. You know if Susan was able, she would have been calling all over the place if he took those kids at that hour...especially if he did not return after awhile, I think she would have gone bullistic and called not only her relatives and friends, but possibly LE too.

Does anybody know what clothes of Susans are missing? Also, are any of her shoes and her coat missing?
It was a very cold night, she would not have left the house without a coat and winter shoes/boots etc IMO

If she was going to lay down I would imagine she may have changed into something other than the clothes she wore to church, is it possible the only thing missing is what she changed into and no shoes or coat?

VB

...to the investigation.

When they searched the home and grounds with cadaver dogs, what were the results?

I have not read all the threads here, so if its been asked i apologize for asking again.

...to the investigation.

When they searched the home and grounds with cadaver dogs, what were the results?

I have not read all the threads here, so if its been asked i apologize for asking again.

I don't know that they did search the home or area with cadaver dogs. I don't remember ever hearing that. Big mistake. Of course, they might have used dogs on the minivan when it was in their possession...

I don't know that they did search the home or area with cadaver dogs. I don't remember ever hearing that. Big mistake. Of course, they might have used dogs on the minivan when it was in their possession...

Something happened on that Saturday night, that forced him and the kids to have to leave the house.
with the fans running on the carpet, i wonder if they could tell me if any of the windows were opened that day, to air it out.

They need to go back to the house and property with the dogs, if it is not to late for that.

I have a question regarding Joshua's employment.

How long had he been employed at the Trucking Company working in IT?

And does Kirk Graves work for the same employer? Helped Josh get the job?

Thank you.

I don't know how long he had been with his previous employer, but I can answer some of this.

I have been self-employed for the last 7 years. The only help I gave Josh in a professional sense, was answering technical questions when Josh was first learning how to program.
Josh managed to get the job himself. I wouldn't have provided a recommendation for him. I value my professional relationships too much.

Is Ralph Powell a brother of SP, and if so, do the two families still keep in touch? Would JP have visited or talked with this criminologist in recent years?

SP's father was married 4 times. SP's mother was married 2 times. So I cannot speak with 100% certainty. Based on Jennifer's knowledge of the family, Ralph Powell is NOT related to SP. Neither of us have ever heard of him.

Something happened on that Saturday night, that forced him and the kids to have to leave the house.
with the fans running on the carpet, i wonder if they could tell me if any of the windows were opened that day, to air it out.

They need to go back to the house and property with the dogs, if it is not to late for that.

LE broke a window to gain entrance to the home. So it is safe to assume that no windows or doors were left open.

LE broke a window to gain entrance to the home. So it is safe to assume that no windows or doors were left open.

:Welcome-12-june: Glad to have you here.

Do you know who the mooner was at Susan's home?

Can't (ok, won't) answer all the questions, but here are the ones I will.

>Did Josh Powell go on spending sprees?
Josh liked to spend BIG money. His purchases tended to be expensive and "fancy". example: $700 for gas powered R/C cars (multiple), large power tools for wood working, computer equipment he didn't really need but was really "neat".

>Did Josh Powell spend a lot of time on the computer?
He fancied himself a programmer. That requires a lot of computer time.

>Did Susan and Josh go grocery shopping together?
Not to my knowledge.

>When out for dinner with others at a restaurant, did Josh leave a tip?
don't know. However I do know he was cheap, so likely not, or very little.

>What were Josh's hobbies? Did he ever go hunting or fishing by himself?
He wasn't a fisherman or hunter type. His hobbies changes often, and usually involved something expensive he could spend money on. Wood working is the only hobby I know he stuck with.

>What kind of relationship does Josh have with his mother?
He has a good relationship with his mom. They would talk on the phone regularly and still do occasionally.

>Has anybody ever been around him to watch HIM make s'mores?
No

>Would they have the things needed for them on hand in the house?
I help pack the kitchen up when they moved and didn't see any of the necessary items for S'mores.

>If there were issues about what kind of groceries could be bought, would it have been ok to buy junk food?
Funny enough, JSP complained when Susan bought healthy stuff, but I can imagine him purchasing junk food himself.

>Did he have other people he kept in close touch with besides his father?
I am not aware of anyone, other than his mom.

Kirk:

Thank you for coming here and answering questions for us. Really helps.

Did Josh tell you or anyone you know where he went to college and did he present himself as having a degree in Business? Did you ever see a diploma hanging up at his house?

Did Susan seem like the kind who would take abuse or did she stand up for herself?

Did Susan ever tell you or your wife that she was afraid Josh would hurt her?

Thanks!

>Have either of the boys asked what happened to their mom? If so, what answer was given to them? Did Josh volunteer any information to the boys when she went missing or did he wait until asked, thus forced to come up with some answer (truthful or not)?
I am aware of at least one occassion when the boys asked about their mom. As I heard it, JSP simply told them that she was gone. Nothing more.

>Were both children planned pregnancies or unplanned?
planned

>When did Josh become a Mormon? Was SP giving Josh anti-LDS material before he met and married Susan, or just after?
Josh was raised Mormon, baptised at 8. He was later raised by just SP after the divorce. SP was teaching anti-mormon material to all the kids from quite young (<10). JSP became active in the church again only after he was an adult (just before he met Susan).

>Define the 'keys' that were found when police entered the house. Were they actual car and house keys or just house keys?
Jennifer found Susan's "keys" in her purse after they entered the house. She wasn't paying attention at the time to see what keys were on the ring.

>Is it true that Josh is taking the kids to church in Payullup?
He took them to church for a couple weeks, but that was it.

>Has the shrink wrap allegation been confirmed to be true or false?
He did purchase some shrink wrap. If it is the roll I saw during the packing, it is a single roll, 3 inches wide.

>Did Josh tell you or anyone you know where he went to college and did he present himself as having a degree in Business?
Yes, in fact he told the family that he had graduated and just didn't want to walk. Additionally, he managed to build up a HUGE amount of debt in school loans. I don't know the actual amount, but it is in the range of $60K.

>Did you ever see a diploma hanging up at his house?
No

SP's father was married 4 times. SP's mother was married 2 times. So I cannot speak with 100% certainty. Based on Jennifer's knowledge of the family, Ralph Powell is NOT related to SP. Neither of us have ever heard of him.

I'm not doubting you Kirk, but that is just weird and creepy, considering how much they do look alike. Amazing. Thanks for the confirmation tho.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2
Back