Questions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toth said:
No one, no matter how low his grip strength is, needs a handle on the ligature to strangle a six year old girl.
How about a 10 year old?
Or how about a 10 year old that's playing a game, with a toy weapon, like the one he saw in a video game?

Right Maxi, there are so many coincidences in the case that nothing should be taken lightly. And symbolism is a prominent part also. Patsy said in DOI that she mixed Advent and Lent. And there on the body is a single star, a reference to the Herald Star of Christ's birth and she is tied to a stick that was apparently used to violate her. One of the interpretations of the Greek Scriptures for crucifixion is tied to a torture stake.

As far as the knot: I think a true garrote would be constructed like a lasso with a "running noose". This faux garrote was tied by first looping the neck and then looping one end of the cord around the major length of the cord then with two wrap around knots. Pulled tight these two knots would make pulling difficult but holding without slipping back more likely than a running noose lasso. The long length of the cord would make what I call a stop knot difficult to tie ( a knot like the one we accidentally tie with our shoelaces). Odds are it's a simple slip knot or loop knot as the dictionary describes. But the cord could have been pulled tight around the neck before the second knot was tied. I.e. the handle would be superfluous. How the garrote was constructed suggests how it was used and that suggests motive.

The fact that there is evidence of two strangulations suggests the final position of the faux garrote has a simple subtile purpose; tying the body to the handle. I'm backing off the hanging idea and never accepted the garrote idea so what purpose the handle? Is it symbolicly associated to the body, both being broken?

If that's a stretch, try this; the body was left with the arms raised and when the Paugh sisters got together that day they chanted Biblical verses of praise with their arms raised. It's a typical gesture in charasmatic Christianity worship. Was Patsy insensitive, just out of it or is there another identification there?

In the ancient esoteric symbology two parallel lines connected by a third line is the symbol for Union. Take a look at the letter U, the first letter in union: two parallel lines connected by a curved lower line.

Wrists tied together above the head is a typical bondage pose. It's not a practical way to tie someone's hands just to restrain her.

Some people think what appears to be a second ligature mark is actually just the marks left by the ligature as it moved across the skin. Masked Man said some think the large, triangular abrasion was formed by skin being pulled away during this process. My husband thinks it was caused by the stick being inserted under the ligature so it would press against JBR's throat.

Maxi said:
My husband thinks it was caused by the stick being inserted under the ligature so it would press against JBR's throat.
The paint brush handle was not inserted beneath the ligature or used to twist it in any way. The handle was used to apply pressure in a controlled manner while standing with one foot on her to hold her down so that the cord was pulled tighter, but with precise control and in a protracted manner.

I don't think it takes "inside" information to determine that mark on her back was from a foot holding her down. Do you have inside info Toth? Many fail to see the violence involved in this murder,they prefer to believe it was an accident followed by staging,however this was a very violent act,this child was brutalized!
IMO JMO

Sistersocks, it doesn't look like a lipstick kiss to me, but who knows? That's as good a guess as any.

BC, the photo you're going by does look somewhat different than the one at ACR's site, but it's the same photo, I think...just not as clear.

Why do you think the hand photo at ACR's site doesn't show a darkening in the center of the "heart" and why the shape appears to have been drawn in red ink?

Ivy said:
BC, the photo you're going by does look somewhat different than the one at ACR's site, but it's the same photo, I think...just not as clear.

Why do you think the hand photo at ACR's site doesn't show a darkening in the center of the "heart" and why the shape appears to have been drawn in red ink?

I don't know. It's hard to tell if the photo has been touched up or not. It's definitely the same photo.

At both Sundance's site and at Cyberzoom's site the skin is darker on the inside of the U-shape, as if it's a bruise. At AcandyRose's site the skin is not darker on the inside of the U-shape, and the outline appears it MAY have been filled in somewhat with a red pen.

There's one thing you can bet your bippy on though -- THAT'S NOT THE OUTLINE OF A HEART. It's either a U or a V (as in Victory). Take a look at where the lines on the right side of the U or V end up -- BETWEEN THE LITTLE FINGER AND THE RING FINGER. It's not a heart!

The more I look at it, I believe it's a "V", and made to perhaps correlate with the complimentary close in the ransom note -- VICTORY.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

I agree it might be a V. But it looks most like a G because it has the little "tail" thingy like a G. It certainly doesn't look like a heart IMO.

Britt said:
I agree it might be a V. But it looks most like a G because it has the little "tail" thingy like a G. It certainly doesn't look like a heart IMO.

Also, there appears to be a small "A" drawn by a ball point pen inside of the lines of the "V" pointing toward JonBenet's little finger.

"A" for Asian?

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

sissi said:
Many fail to see the violence involved in this murder,they prefer to believe it was an accident followed by staging,however this was a very violent act,this child was brutalized!
Depends what you mean by "brutal," sissi. The strangulation was "gentle" enough to avoid damaging the hyoid bone and strap muscles. How do you explain that if it were a violent, brutal strangulation?

I would think that even an untrained eye could discern an ink drawing as compared to something else. I just have to believe that Meyer was right about it being ink at least.

The only brutality in that crime was the head injury, which was a violent blow. The strangulation was "gentle" as there was absolutely NO internal neck injuries to a fragile child's neck. The neck swelled up around the cord which gave it the appearance of being imbedded into the neck, but the autopsy states no internal injury. Even the wrists were loosely tied.

Ivy said:
Not even the molestation can be described as brutal.
I've often felt the lack of extreme measures common in other such crimes against young girls indicates that the intruder merely wanted to 'add insult to injury' and give the police a red-herring by making it appear to be a molestation crime, rather than just murder.

His time and effort was in the garotte and its use. Thats what he enjoyed!

Nehemiah said:
I would think that even an untrained eye could discern an ink drawing as compared to something else. I just have to believe that Meyer was right about it being ink at least.

It could have been BOTH a contusion and red ink. If the "V", or whatever it was, was put on the palm to conyey a message and it didn't show up clear enough, the perp or even someone in the coroner's office could have touched up the outline of the V with a red ink pen.

In any event, it's not a heart. It appears to me to be a "V", and the color of it suggests the mark is a contusion (a bruise).

And yes, I question Meyer on what the mark looks like and what caused it. It looks NOTHING like a heart. If he thinks that mark is a heart then I question his perception of how the outline of the mark was created.

Does anyone see the "A" written on one leg of the V?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back