Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought.
If it ever were to happen and Casey some day walks free, do you think she would actually live a life with no crime? She has years of lying and stealing behind her, this is her character! Someone who stealing from her grandparents, friends and parents, not to mention stealing from her own daughters piggy bank will NOT Imo go on to lead an honest life. Casey would still believe she is smarter than anyone else and since she got away with murder, her wheels would be spinning on what she could get away with again. I'm thinking she would be busy getting in contact with anyone who has sent her money or letters while in jail and soon she would spend her days sending texts and making phone calls to see what she can skim from them all, she would have more victims!
She would still have all the problems she had before this all happened, deep issues with her family, only now a bright light has been turned on it all. Would you be comfortable being her friend? Would you turn your back on her if your purse or wallet was in the room? Would you take a sip from a drink she brought to you? Would you allow her to be around your child? Would you hire her for your business? Would you want her in your neighborhood? Would you even want her to walk your dog?

VB

In the unlikely event that Casey if found not guilty. She still has the bad check writing trial that she has to face. She won't just walk.

These must be the "forces out to get her" that JB talked about......:eek:

From what I read, this Simon is not saying that PB is involved, just a hunch or something he is trying to connect. I don't think KC is that important in my mind, but who knows, maybe someone who makes $380 mil has a beef with KC, but I think it is one more distraction. JMO

In my opinion this case & trial will come to down to the following facts

1) Caylee was Murdered. Somebody killed her & dumped her body a few blocks from the Anthony home.

2) The Murderer had to have had unrestricted access to the Anthony Household, Garage, Yard, Casey's Computer, Casey's Car and Caylee's belongings.

3) There are 4 People that fit that criteria....Casey, George, Cindy & Lee

4) There is no evidence that supports either Cindy, George or Lee as being responsible for this murder,

5) That leaves Casey & the mountain of circumstantial evidence against her

Guilty

Judge Strickland summed the case up very nicely at the Bond hearing, "The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers" take it from there.

1) Caylee was Murdered. Somebody killed her & dumped her body a few blocks from the Anthony home.

2) The Murderer had to have had unrestricted access to the Anthony Household, Garage, Yard, Casey's Computer, Casey's Car and Caylee's belongings.

4) There is no evidence that supports either Cindy, George or Lee as being responsible for this murder,

Guilty

Nicely summarized, Boston. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

In addition, during the time when KC said Caylee was "taken," CA and GA were working.

Personally, I think Casey will be found guilty. This is the unique situation of:

a mother "losing" her previously well-cared-for child, [no evidence of abuse by anyone else that could possibly explain something happening to the child]
not reporting her missing or doing anything to find her for a month, [...compared to the "reasonable" reaction of calling 911 immediately. also, pre-arrest silence is probative of guilt.]
lying to investigators, [again, why would you disrupt an investigation if you had nothing to hide? if you are afraid of retribution from kidnappers, you'd say that to LE - "they said they'd kill me if I talked."]
LE discovering the child has been murdered and left in a garbage bag on the side of the road, [and left for MONTHS... does not point to accidental death]
and the non-existence of any positive evidence that anyone else was involved. [there is no evidence that anyone else did this, or had a reason to do this]

HOWEVER- that being said, I think regardless of the outcome, the media is going to get a tail-whipping over this case. I truly believe that if Casey is found not-guilty, it will be because the media has sensationalized everything in this case to such an extreme that jurors will look at the evidence and say, "Wait a second, I thought this was a slam-dunk? Where the F is the DNA/eyewitness/fingerprints?" Personally I have been underwhelmed by the direct evidence. I really was expecting Caylee's DNA/hair all over the trunk, an exact match to the soil on KCs clothes/shoes, KCs fingerprints on the duct tape, and high levels of some sort of drug in Caylee's hair. Maybe some of the most damning evidence hasn't been released yet - that would make sense as a trial strategy; you'd want the defense to waste months trying to explain away inconsequential evidence and save the strongest evidence for last.

But I think the lesson here is about expectations. I think the state has a solid circumstantial case, and if this case just randomly came up in court I think most jurors would feel comfortable saying there's no reasonable doubt that KC did it. But going into THIS trial, the constant media attention and declarations of "bombshells" raises the stakes and almost the burden of proof. If the evidence at trial doesn't live up to what the media was reporting, jurors are going to take a second look- and maybe doubt the evidence much more than they would in a normal case. "Where's the smoking gun?" instead of "okay the only person who could reasonably have done this is.."

Its like say, you love hot dogs. But your husband tells you you're going out for steak - and you're so excited about it. If you get to dinner and its just hotdogs, you're probably not going to like them as much as if no one ever mentioned anything about steak.

I'm sort of rambling, but I do think this case is going to have huge ramifications, and I think judges - especially in Florida - are going to be much, much more lenient in granting motions to seal records and issue gag orders. Its one thing to have open government, its another to make the prosecution prove a case beyond the required legal standard because of media hype. I hate saying that, because I LOVE reading the evidence documents, the reports, the interviews. But I just don't think you can get a fair trial with that kind of publicity.

Add (because this post wasn't long enough): I also think there may be huge Constitutional issues. I've been reading up on evidence law, and I'm worried that LKB et. al. are staying on this case in the "hope" KCs found guilty, so they can appeal on "bigger" issues. The rules of evidence are very complicated- some statements will be inadmissible unless the person who made them testifies at trial. Here, we - the state of florida, everyone in the country really - are hearing tons of possibly inadmissible statements. The Supreme Court has ruled many times that sometimes an instruction to the jury "just ignore that" isn't good enough- like if a statement that is technically inadmissible is brought up in court, often the court will give a "limiting instruction" telling the jury they aren't allowed to consider that statement in making its decision. The SC has said you can't erase a jurors mind, and sometimes things are so prejudicial that it calls for a mistrial, or severing defendants. I'm worried that if the defense gets evidence thrown out, if they lose, they'll argue the jury was already tainted and the media has made it constitutionally impossible for KC to get a fair trial. :mad:

I have thought about this possibility from time to time.
Even if Casey were to be found not guilty, there are still charges that can put her away for a long time because of the check stealing and forgeries she has done, since she was caught on camera there should be no doubt of her guilt there!
"The Beautiful Life" that Casey envisioned will never be Imo and the life of her parents will never be the same either. If she was some day able to walk our free and clear, where will she go? Can you imagine the "drama" if she is under the same roof as C&G again? There is no Caylee for them to consider to stop them from kicking her out now. What man would ever be interested in her now? Sure there might be a few who want to use her, but she'll be used and then tossed out. There will be no Happily Ever After!
We are not at the end of this saga yet, but I do picture that she'll be found guilty, every fiber of common sense screams for it, and one day the house on Hopespring will be empty. The day Caylee was murdered was also the day life as they knew it was killed for her entire family, it will haunt all of them and I'm sorry but they are just not well enough to recover.

VB

What happens if Casey gets off?

Possible reality show...The House on Hopespring.
I bet she would get an offer to pose for Playboy or Hustler.
or
She could move back in with George and Cindy, and they would never again mention this ugly incident. :eek:

In the unlikely event that Casey if found not guilty. She still has the bad check writing trial that she has to face. She won't just walk.

I think this one will depend on if they press charges.
I do not think the family will do that but maybe Amy will.
Then it will be a question of is it grand larceny or not.
But I think if she is not going down for Caylee's demise then
she will still get jail time for Negligence of a minor child. :confused:
I think that lies she told o investigators interfere with the investigation.
I think there are reasons for jail time, for all the "A"s.
Not sure she did the deed - not sure she is not involved with whomever may have done it.
I am sure the "A"s are involved on some level with cover up.

What happens if Casey gets off?

Possible reality show...The House on Hopespring.
I bet she would get an offer to pose for Playboy or Hustler.
or
She could move back in with George and Cindy, and they would never again mention this ugly incident. :eek:

I'd predict there would be more ugly incidents to follow and 911 would continue to get phone calls from that house!

VB

I haven't read the previous 4 pages so sorry if this has been brought up.......

I would like to see something done regarding the press in connection with our courts. I don't know that I'd like to go to a complete blackout of info until after a trial but something needs to be done. There is a lot of erroneous info printed that is never corrected. There is a lot of innuendo printed with little or no basis. Many innocent, truly innocent people have been destroyed and convicted by sensational journalism. It is not the case with KC as I believe her to be 100% guilty, but her case does highlight the many problems with the press and our justice system. A citizens right to a fair trial should trump any newspapers freedom of speech/freedom of the press rights, IMO. Let them print anything they want once a trial has concluded, or let them report on the days events at any trial as it's happening but what we have now, IMO, does impact a person's right to a fair trial. JMO

As far as KC goes, if she walks(no way IMO) she will have no shortage of people to victimize. There are all kinds of people walking around in this world and she'll find the ones who will embrace her. I don't see her living with G and C for any length of time if she gets out. She has experienced how life can be without C and G in it and she's "seen the light" as far as that goes. She won't need them for financial support as she will just sell her "story". Will she commit more crimes? Oh yeah, in my opinion, her whole way of life will revolve around victimizing others. Sucking the life and finances out of whoever will have her, psychologically torturing whoever she can. Going from one victim, using them for all she can get, then moving on to the next one. On and On. If she kills again, I see her doing it in a sneakier way......she'll do her homework on it. IMO she is a sick sick girl, warped and delusional. Some poor sap will find that "fascinating". MOO

Personally, I think Casey will be found guilty. This is the unique situation of:

a mother "losing" her previously well-cared-for child, [no evidence of abuse by anyone else that could possibly explain something happening to the child]
not reporting her missing or doing anything to find her for a month, [...compared to the "reasonable" reaction of calling 911 immediately. also, pre-arrest silence is probative of guilt.]
lying to investigators, [again, why would you disrupt an investigation if you had nothing to hide? if you are afraid of retribution from kidnappers, you'd say that to LE - "they said they'd kill me if I talked."]
LE discovering the child has been murdered and left in a garbage bag on the side of the road, [and left for MONTHS... does not point to accidental death]
and the non-existence of any positive evidence that anyone else was involved. [there is no evidence that anyone else did this, or had a reason to do this]

HOWEVER- that being said, I think regardless of the outcome, the media is going to get a tail-whipping over this case. I truly believe that if Casey is found not-guilty, it will be because the media has sensationalized everything in this case to such an extreme that jurors will look at the evidence and say, "Wait a second, I thought this was a slam-dunk? Where the F is the DNA/eyewitness/fingerprints?" Personally I have been underwhelmed by the direct evidence. I really was expecting Caylee's DNA/hair all over the trunk, an exact match to the soil on KCs clothes/shoes, KCs fingerprints on the duct tape, and high levels of some sort of drug in Caylee's hair. Maybe some of the most damning evidence hasn't been released yet - that would make sense as a trial strategy; you'd want the defense to waste months trying to explain away inconsequential evidence and save the strongest evidence for last.

But I think the lesson here is about expectations. I think the state has a solid circumstantial case, and if this case just randomly came up in court I think most jurors would feel comfortable saying there's no reasonable doubt that KC did it. But going into THIS trial, the constant media attention and declarations of "bombshells" raises the stakes and almost the burden of proof. If the evidence at trial doesn't live up to what the media was reporting, jurors are going to take a second look- and maybe doubt the evidence much more than they would in a normal case. "Where's the smoking gun?" instead of "okay the only person who could reasonably have done this is.."

Its like say, you love hot dogs. But your husband tells you you're going out for steak - and you're so excited about it. If you get to dinner and its just hotdogs, you're probably not going to like them as much as if no one ever mentioned anything about steak.

I'm sort of rambling, but I do think this case is going to have huge ramifications, and I think judges - especially in Florida - are going to be much, much more lenient in granting motions to seal records and issue gag orders. Its one thing to have open government, its another to make the prosecution prove a case beyond the required legal standard because of media hype. I hate saying that, because I LOVE reading the evidence documents, the reports, the interviews. But I just don't think you can get a fair trial with that kind of publicity.

Add (because this post wasn't long enough): I also think there may be huge Constitutional issues. I've been reading up on evidence law, and I'm worried that LKB et. al. are staying on this case in the "hope" KCs found guilty, so they can appeal on "bigger" issues. The rules of evidence are very complicated- some statements will be inadmissible unless the person who made them testifies at trial. Here, we - the state of florida, everyone in the country really - are hearing tons of possibly inadmissible statements. The Supreme Court has ruled many times that sometimes an instruction to the jury "just ignore that" isn't good enough- like if a statement that is technically inadmissible is brought up in court, often the court will give a "limiting instruction" telling the jury they aren't allowed to consider that statement in making its decision. The SC has said you can't erase a jurors mind, and sometimes things are so prejudicial that it calls for a mistrial, or severing defendants. I'm worried that if the defense gets evidence thrown out, if they lose, they'll argue the jury was already tainted and the media has made it constitutionally impossible for KC to get a fair trial. :mad:

What's in it for the defense team to get a guilty person off? Is it just money and notariety?

What's in it for the defense team to get a guilty person off? Is it just money and notariety?
The defense serves a crucial role in the justice system: every defendant is entitled counsel. Ideally, that's their motivation--to provide competent counsel to their defendant.

I believe that this particular team has dollar signs in their eyes--JB seems to think the case will be a springboard for his career.

But in general, what's "in it" for the defense is protection of the Constitution. Requiring the prosecution to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is critical.

Even when we're dealing with heinous monsters like Casey Anthony. Really, if they do their job well and she's convicted, she'll stand a far better chance of staying put in prison (or six feet under).

Guilty

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

There has to be something else? When you gather a group of people together who believe that because you CAN do something, you SHOULD, any hope of "justice" is out the window.

However, should a jury buy into trickery and defense grandstanding which shows gaps in the State's case against Casey Marie Anthony, it is nothing short of the State's fault to have not anticipated where these gaps were and fill them up. I don't like it either, but frankly it calls for the State to be more prepared and smarter.

The defense serves a crucial role in the justice system: every defendant is entitled counsel. Ideally, that's their motivation--to provide competent counsel to their defendant.

I believe that this particular team has dollar signs in their eyes--JB seems to think the case will be a springboard for his career.

But in general, what's "in it" for the defense is protection of the Constitution. Requiring the prosecution to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is critical.

Even when we're dealing with heinous monsters like Casey Anthony. Really, if they do their job well and she's convicted, she'll stand a far better chance of staying put in prison (or six feet under).

Yep, JB wanted to make a name for himself, in the legal arena.

And, he has. :eek::rolleyes:

yayy our momtective is famous! :biglaugh:

:woohoo:
:Banane04:
cheerleader.gif
:clap: !! GO MOMTECTIVE !! :clap:
cheerleader.gif
:Banane04:
:woohoo:​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online