Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not if one has established one's self as the "moral voice" of one's community, not to mention the "living proof" that anyone can make it with enough hard work and good moral choices. Mr. Cosby has become quite the scold of African Americans who do not measure up to his standards of behavior and self-reliance.

That's the part that I find ''crushing''-- I liked his ''common sense'' and now I am totally confused.

If these allegations are true, I think the victims would much rather have never encountered Mr. Cosby then to have "upsides" of publicity etc as you say, Tugela. Anyone who has ever been a rape victim either date rape or roofied, or has had a close friend/family who has knows that they wish it go away, and so don't necessarily talk to police, report it etc. Imagine being drugged and not fully aware of what actually happened, thrown off guard by some sicko who tells you that you better not talk. What would you tell the police anyway? It's easy for people who have never been around creeps to not fully appreciate their depravity. I don't know if Mr. Cosby committed these crimes, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss victims because they are talking now. Knowing that there are other victims stories, gives other victims the strength/courage to come out and talk about it. It's disturbing to me that there are "Hollywood" stories of supposed role models. If the allegations are true, then there are very bad people that are allowed to hurt many people. I have a problem with that, and it reinforces actors on tv are not who they are in real life. These "actors" are just as capable as others of being serial rapists, murderers and evil people.
BBM. Excellent post- applies to musicians like Michael Jackson too and athletes and coaches like the recent NFL scandals and Jerry Sandusky and OJ and writers like John Grisham who apologize for those people. :clap::clap::clap::goodpost:

And so, They have not case. And they don't have proof, and so because they waited so long, and now there is no proof or evidence we should just take their word for it with no proof??? I don't under stand that logic.

So basically now people can just accuse people without evidence and everyone believes it? Well not me. I won't believe the worst about anyone without proof.

But--- you do. You do believe the worst of these women without proof. If you're saying you won't believe the worst of Bill Cosby because these women said so you're also saying you believe they make up very bad stories about a well loved entertainer just because they're such evil liars. There is no evidence whatsoever that they're all lying and they haven't had their day in court either. Cosby could sue them for defamation and bring out all this documentary evidence that his lawyers say exists but we ain't seen nothing yet.

At this point there is no such choice as to not to believe the worst of somebody without proof. Either he is evil or she she she she she she she she she she she she she is. There is no way that everybody comes out of this smelling of roses.

Now former Playboy playmate accuses Bill Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting her in 1970 - as his lawyer brands mounting accusations 'increasingly ridiculous'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...describes-claims-increasingly-ridiculous.html

Oh another new name.

A former playmate has become the 16th woman to accuse Bill Cosby of sexual assault as the legendary actor's lawyers continue to rebuff the allegations as 'increasingly ridiculous'.

Victoria Valentino claims Cosby, a regular at Hugh Hefner's club on the Sunset Strip, drugged her and a friend at dinner in Hollywood before driving them to a nearby apartment.

According to Valentino, now aged 71, she pulled Cosby away from her unconscious friend as he tried to rape her - provoking the entertainer to launch an attack on her instead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-increasingly-ridiculous.html#ixzz3JsThbs00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cosby's lawyers slammed Valentino's account - and the 15 others - as 'increasingly ridiculous'.

Martin Singer, an attorney for Cosby, said in a statement on Friday: 'The new, never-before-heard claims from women who have come forward in the past two weeks with unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40, or even 50 years ago have escalated far past the point of absurdity.

'These brand new claims about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous, and it is completely illogical that so many people would have said nothing, done nothing, and made no reports to law enforcement or asserted civil claims if they thought they had been assaulted over a span of so many years.'

Well IDK i think the more women come out with similar stories it's increasingly ridiculous to think that all these ladies are making things up. Some of them are in their seventies, they're not looking for publicity to get film roles anymore, and they're not suing so it doesn't seem to be about money. The cat is well and truly out of the bag so it doesn't seem likely that Cosby would pay anyone anything to shut up any more. So what good does the publicity do them at this point if they're not standing up for what they believe is the right thing?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...074938-718e-11e4-8808-afaa1e3a33ef_story.html

This is long but well worth the read

Sixteen women have publicly stated that Cosby, now 77, sexually assaulted them, with 12 saying he drugged them first and another saying he tried to drug her. The Washington Post has interviewed five of those women, including a former Playboy Playmate who has never spoken publicly about her allegations. The women agreed to speak on the record and to have their identities revealed. The Post also has reviewed court records that shed light on the accusations of a former director of women’s basketball operations at Temple University who assembled 13 “Jane Doe” accusers in 2005 to testify on her behalf about their allegations against Cosby.

The accusations, some of which Cosby has denied and others he has declined to discuss, span the arc of the comedy legend’s career, from his pioneering years as the first black star of a network television drama in 1965 to the mid-2000s, when Cosby was firmly entrenched as an elder statesman of the entertainment industry, a scolding public conscience of the African American community and a philanthropist. They also span a monumental generational shift in perceptions — from the sexually unrestrained ’60s to an era when the idea of date rape is well understood.

Tarshis goes into detail and she didn't just come up with her story for the Constand case.

John Milward, a freelance reporter and author, confirmed that Tarshis told him about her Cosby allegations in the early 1980s, though he never wrote about them. And, Tarshis said, she never contacted the police.

“Who was going to believe me?” she said. “If he was a regular joe, I might have done something.”

One of Cosby’s attorneys, John Schmitt, issued a statement this past week saying that repeating old allegations “does not make them true.”

Also, Linda Traitz told people at the time.

In the midst of all that, Traitz said, Cosby chatted her up one day at his restaurant and offered a ride home. She could not have imagined saying anything but yes.

The minutiae of that day are carved into her mind. She even remembers what she was wearing: a long “hippie days” peasant skirt. She climbed into Cosby’s Rolls Royce and he suggested they drive out to the beach, Traitz recalled. Once they parked at the beach, he opened a briefcase, she said.

“It had assorted sections in it, with pills and tablets in it, different colors arranged and assorted into compartments,” she recalled. “He offered me pills and said it would help me to relax, and I kept refusing but he kept offering.”

Cosby “lunged” at her, she said, “grabbed my chest, grabbed me in the front all over.”

“I was crying and horrified,” she said. She broke free, she said, and tumbled out of the car. She ran down the beach with Cosby in pursuit, but she tripped on that long peasant skirt and fell onto the sand, she said.

Cosby agreed to take her home. Her skirt was torn. Walking back to the car, they passed a block filled with shops. Cosby bought her a new skirt, she said.

They rode in silence. “He froze me out,” she said. He never tried anything again, she said, but Traitz could not keep the incident to herself. She told her co-workers and her family what happened at the time. She decided not to go to the police.

“It was a different time,” her brother, Jim Traitz, told The Post. “We all also knew this was a really big guy with a big PR operation and lawyers, and that he could crush us — that he would crush us — and her.”

“I know there will be people who are going to say: ‘You have a drug problem. Why should we believe you?’ ” she said of her decision to go public now.

Just as the allegations against Cosby span generational shifts in attitudes about what constitutes out-of-bounds behavior, they also span historic shifts in how information is disseminated. At the time when Traitz alleges Cosby assaulted her, there was no such thing as social media.

But this month, two events compelled her to make a public statement. First, the comedian Hannibal Buress touched off a social-media frenzy by asking an audience at one of his shows to Google “Bill Cosby rapist.” Then, on Nov. 13, The Post published a first-person account by another accuser, Barbara Bowman. Traitz, furious about the attacks on Bowman and other Cosby accusers, posted her story on Facebook.

Victoria Valentino is on video recounting her experience and names the friend who was with her and who passed out, Meg Foster.

Valentino said she never called the police. “What kind of credibility did I have?” she said. “In those days, it was always the rape victim who wound up being victimized. You didn’t want to go to the police. That’s the last thing you wanted to do back then.”

She was too embarrassed to tell most of her friends, but she did tell Emerson — the woman who had introduced her to Cosby.

Emerson, who lives in Australia, confirmed Valentino’s recollection in an interview with The Post.

Foster, an actress known for roles in TV shows such as “Cagney and Lacey” and movies including “The Osterman Weekend,” declined an interview request.

In 1996, Valentino was contacted by another former Playboy Playmate, Charlotte Kemp, Miss December 1982, who said she was writing a book called “Centerfold Memories,” which is due out in February.

In an interview, Kemp — whose real last name is Helmkamp — said she videotaped an interview with Valentino during which she talked about her alleged encounter with Cosby. Helmkamp said the account she gave matches the account Valentino provided to The Post.

Tamara Green:

Cosby tossed down two $100 bills as he left, a gesture that Green took as a deep insult, she said. She did not think of herself as a girl who could be bought, but she felt helpless to do anything. She feared Cosby’s power. But there was another thing that she fretted about. Her young brother was dying from cystic fibrosis, and the day after the alleged incident, Cosby visited him at the children’s hospital where he was being treated, showing up with gifts and entertaining the other young patients, Green said. Her brother adored the star, and knowing Cosby gave him a certain cachet in the hospital ward and garnered him extra attention from nurses in his final days, she said. She worried about jeopardizing all that.

Cosby’s legal team has also questioned Green’s credibility because her law license was suspended in 2004. Green said that the suspension resulted from an overdraft related to her depositing a retainer check in the wrong account and that her license was reinstated.

Cosby’s team has also used legal-ethics issues to question the credibility of a more recent accuser who is now a lawyer — Louisa Moritz, an actress who appeared in the film “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.” On Thursday, Moritz told the Web site TMZ that Cosby forced her to have oral sex in a dressing room of “The Tonight Show” in 1971. Singer, Cosby’s attorney, questioned her credibility because she had been disciplined by the California State Bar last year in a dispute over a legal fee.

The article describes the home life a bit. The wife and children lived largely separately from him and he was estranged from one of his daughters.

The talent agency who referred Barbara Bowman and Beth Ferrier to Cosby for mentoring was run by Jo Farrell who suffers from dementia now.

At first, Bowman said she was in denial that the alleged assaults had taken place. She then convinced herself that she did what she needed to do to make it in the entertainment business. She said she also became financially dependent on Cosby and her agent.

“They were subsidizing me in New York until I started booking jobs,” she said.

When asked why she did not come forward sooner, Bowman said she did not think anyone would believe her.

Regarding Andrea Constand:

According to court records, Cosby said he and Constand spent time together, but his attorneys denied the claims that he drugged and assaulted her. He said he had merely given her 11/2 tablets of Benadryl, an over-the-counter antihistamine.

In Cosby’s account of his evening with Constand during the court case, he denied appearing in only his bathrobe and he said he gave her a “homemade blueberry muffin and a cup of hot tea,” according to court records.

Green, the onetime model who had said Cosby had drugged her in the early 1970s, had offered to testify without maintaining anonymity. All told, Green said she has spoken with 20 accusers; all of them, she said, asserted that they had been drugged by the comedian.

At Spelman College — where Cosby made history in 1988 with a $20 million donation, the largest by an African American to a historically black college — the president’s office would not say whether the endowed professorship named for Cosby and his wife would continue.

The educator who holds that endowed chair at Spelman predicted in an interview that the sexual-assault allegations ultimately would not define Cosby.

“I’m not worried about being the Cosby chair,” said Aku Kadogo, Spelman’s Cosby Endowed Professor in the Arts. “It’s not a worry to me. It’s a difficult time for him. But it ain’t the end of the world. If Hillary can run for president — she went through all that rigmarole. People forget easily.”

Hillary Clinton was never accused of drugging and raping lots of people though, so I'm not sure the analogy holds water. Anyway, I'm not sure people should forget this kind of thing.

[video=youtube;omb2bbHloU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omb2bbHloU8[/video]

I believe her. JMO.

"EXCLUSIVE: Ex-NBC employee Frank Scotti claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room as he stood guard"

"Veteran NBC employee Frank Scotti says he helped Bill Cosby deliver thousands of dollars to eight different women in 1989-90 - including Shawn Thompson, whose daughter Autumn Jackson claimed the actor was her dad. The ex-aide also tells the Daily News he stood guard whenever Cosby invited young models to his dressing room, which eventually led him to quitting after years on the job."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-paid-women-ex-nbc-employee-article-1.2020464

From above link

Back when Bill Cosby was the king of network television, veteran NBC employee Frank Scotti served as the royal fixer.

When Cosby invited young models into his Brooklyn dressing room, the megastar’s pal stood watch outside the door. When the married Cosby sought a Queens apartment for another pretty face, Scotti arranged the deal.

And when the man behind Fat Albert needed cash disbursed to his flock of single female friends — hey, hey, hey — Scotti became the conduit for payments of up to $2,000 a month.

“He had everybody fooled,” said Scotti in an exclusive interview with the Daily News. “Nobody suspected.”

Scotti came forward last week with his insider’s look at Cosby’s womanizing ways during the magical 1984-92 run of “The Cosby Show.”

Scotti said Cosby also had an arrangement with a Manhattan modeling agency in which the owner would deliver young women to his dressing room. Some of the aspiring models were as young as 16, Scotti said.

“‘I want you to keep that one girl here,’ ” Scotti quoted Cosby as telling him. “ ‘I want to interview her for a part in the show.’”

The other models and the agency’s owner would quickly disappear, leaving Cosby’s pick alone with the comedian.

“The owner just walked right out,” he recounted. “She knew exactly what was going to go on. Then he’d tell me, ‘Stand outside the door and don’t let anyone in.’ Now you put that together and figure (out) why.”

On another occasion, Cosby asked him to find a Queens apartment for another model from the same agency.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-paid-women-ex-nbc-employee-article-1.2020464

So now a man has weighed in... maybe some people will believe him :P

From my above link

COURTESY FRANK SCOTTI
Frank Scotti says he did "a lot of crazy things" for Bill Cosby, including being a coverup for the actor.
Cosby, while denying paternity, paid out more than $100,000 to Thompson over the years after their 1974 affair began. Scotti told The News that he believes Cosby was sleeping with all the women who received money.

“I was suspicious that something was going on,” said Scotti. “I suspected that he was having sex with them because the other person he was sending money to (Thompson) he was definitely having sex with.

“Why else would he be sending money?” Scotti asked. “He was sending these women $2,000 a month. What else could I think?”

Scotti, who lives in Lakewood, N.J., saved copies of money orders from the era detailing his payouts to four of the Cosby women.

He recalled Cosby presenting him with “a satchel of money, all $100 bills,” and pressing Scotti to distribute the payments using money orders in his own name.

“I did a lot of crazy things for him,” recalled Scotti. “He was covering himself by having my name on it. It was a coverup. I realized it later.”

'Late Show With David Letterman' staffers relieved they don't have to deal with upcoming Bill Cosby appearance

Female staffers at “The Late Show With David Letterman” are breathing a collective sigh of relief they don’t have to deal with an upcoming Bill Cosby appearance. A source close to the show tells Confidenti@l that the disgraced comic had some truly bizarre backstage requests.

“He’d include as a request, before he arrived, that the young girls, interns and assistants, all had to gather around in the green room backstage and sit down and watch him eat curry,” our stunned source explains. “No one would say anything, and he would sit silently eating and make us watch and want us to watch.”

In the wake of multiple women accusing Cosby of raping them, his latest visit to the CBS show has been canceled. But when the 77- year-old comic appeared multiple times over the years, he’d act alarmingly gross to the women employees.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/cbs-women-curry-favor-article-1.2020179

Let's all stop pretending we're shocked about Bill Cosby's bad behavior

Cosby's role as fatherly and lovable Dr. Huxtable on NBC hit sitcom is all one sick act

Bill Cosby seems to be the antithesis of Dr. Huxtable, the safe and loving father/husband/doctor of everyone’s fantasies.

Closeup: Comfortable examining room. Kindly doctor is administering to a weeping woman. The feeling is one of confidence and assurance. We are in good hands.

Cut to doctor: He looks into the camera, smiling with authority. That’s when the viewer sees that, why, it’s kindly Dr. Cliff Huxtable!

Doc Huxtable looks into the camera and says:

I play a doctor on TV, but in real life I’m a mad rapist.

What? You don’t think that commercial would fly?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...al/cosby-show-gross-tragedy-article-1.2020422

From Blondie in Spokane's link:
Why weren’t criminal charges pressed? Right. Do you remember the story of Jordan Chandler, the first child to come forward in the Michael Jackson case? I do because I was the first one to learn of the story from Jordie’s uncle. Jackson was to music what Cosby was to TV. It didn’t get bigger.

Despite a huge settlement, Chandler’s family was destroyed. His father Evan’s dental practice was ruined, they went into hiding, and eventually Evan killed himself. That’s what happened to people who reported abuse by powerful stars back then.

Jackson’s family stood by him — the gravy boat is a tough ride to jump from without drowning.

But--- you do. You do believe the worst of these women without proof. If you're saying you won't believe the worst of Bill Cosby because these women said so you're also saying you believe they make up very bad stories about a well loved entertainer just because they're such evil liars. There is no evidence whatsoever that they're all lying and they haven't had their day in court either. Cosby could sue them for defamation and bring out all this documentary evidence that his lawyers say exists but we ain't seen nothing yet.

At this point there is no such choice as to not to believe the worst of somebody without proof. Either he is evil or she she she she she she she she she she she she she is. There is no way that everybody comes out of this smelling of roses.

Not speaking for Scarlett, but for me it is not believing the worst of the women it is not believing either side without evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soundvisualproductions