Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit behind, but I'm not sure why the legal drinking age at the time is relevant.

Ms. Huth says she was 15 at the time. Well under legal drinking age.

True that she was underage no matter what. But I think it's being discussed because Cosby allegedly told her to lie and say she was 19. That would only make sense if the legal drinking age was 18, which it wasn't. Maybe Cosby thought 18 was the legal age. Just a discrepancy that doesn't make sense that we are puzzling.

The legal drinking age in California has been 21 since 1933.
With certain exceptions for instance young adults may possess alcohol if they are in the company of their parents, or a spouse.
Furnishing alcohol to minors is prohibited. No exceptions. (https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/APIS_State_Profile.html?state=CA)

The age of consent in California has been 18 since 1913. There is no mistake of age defense for crimes involving a minor. (http://www.ageofconsent.us/)

I came across the WS thread from 2005 allegations against Cosby. Apparently there was/is some physical evidence after all:

Bill Cosby accused; will charges be filed?

Sat, Feb. 05, 2005
Female accuser said to have tapes of conversations with Cosby
BY NICOLE WEISENSEE EGAN
Knight Ridder Newspapers

PHILADELPHIA - (KRT) - The Canadian woman who has accused Bill Cosby of drugging and groping her has taped conversations with him that occurred after she reported the offense to authorities, sources have told the Philadelphia Daily News.

The conversations were initiated by Cosby and support her allegations, sources said

(BBM)

Here's the link to the post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?19157-Bill-Cosby-accused-will-charges-be-filed&p=521956#post521956

Who is Lena Dunham, is she one of BC's alleged victims? What are her claims in this case, her story is her story alone. Please cite link to her story. B/c if you are trying to point out that there are individuals in the world that make false accusations, it does happen, not as frequently as some might think. But it doesn't take away from other alleged victims stories; it needs to be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Under-reporting such cases is more likely in sexual assault/rape/date rape drugging imo. ETA-There are some statistics earlier in thread that show how under-reported sexual assault is and how few cases are actually "false claims".

Lena Dunham is the writer and star of the HBO series, GIRLS. In a book she published earlier this year, she wrote of being raped while a student at Oberlin College. To identify the rapist in the text, Dunham and her publisher (Random House) say she used a pseudonym, "Barry".

But an actual guy named Barry who was an Oberlin student at the time claims that the description of the rapist is close enough to him that his reputation has been damaged. He sued Dunham and Random House, and the latter have agreed to pay non-rapist-Barry's legal fees.

In other words, it has nothing to do with the BC claims. Nor can I find any claim that Dunham's account is untrue, except for the pseudonym.

True that she was underage no matter what. But I think it's being discussed because Cosby allegedly told her to lie and say she was 19. That would only make sense if the legal drinking age was 18, which it wasn't. Maybe Cosby thought 18 was the legal age. Just a discrepancy that doesn't make sense that we are puzzling.

Actually, it would make sense because of laws regarding Statutory rape, not drinking. As stated, the drinking age in CA has always been 21.

If not specifically concerned about Statutory "charges" he may have just realized that his being with a 15 year old would be considered pretty skeevy even by the types that were hanging out at the mansion.

From what I understand even criminals look down on child molestors. It's not a stretch to think that Hefner and his other friends would look at it the same way.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...es-defamation-suit-says-publicly-branded-her/
A woman who has accused Bill Cosby of raping her in the 1970s has filed a defamation lawsuit in Massachusetts against the comedian, alleging he "publicly branded" her a liar when his lawyer called her claims "absolutely false."

Tamara Green says in a lawsuit filed in federal court in Springfield on Wednesday that Cosby drugged and raped her when she was an aspiring model. Green first spoke publicly about the alleged rape in 2005.

Is Bill Cosby a somnophiliac?
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/12/10/is-bill-cosby-somnophiliac/

According to Dr. Judy Kuriansky, a clinical psychologist and sex therapist who has not treated Cosby, if the women’s accounts of their interactions with Cosby are true, he is a somnophiliac who also suffers from a serious need to dominate and control other people.
Dr. Mark Griffiths, of Nottingham Trent University, however, countered that from the extensive research he’s done on somnophilia he believes the paraphilia – another term for sexual deviation -- is very rare and is probably not a factor in the alleged Cosby rapes.

“I think [allegedly] using roofies to drug people is definitely one step removed from being a direct somnophiliac,” he said. “The date rape is just about having total power over somebody but not about being asleep as much.”

Vanessa Williams on Bill Cosby's accusers: 'It comes down to betrayal'
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ill-cosby-accusers-it-comes-down-to-betrayal/
“The stories are certainly consistent. It’s really unfortunate the tales that were told that are varied but similar, but it’s the abuse of power," she said. "If these allegations are true, these women were trusting, and hoping that someone can be a mentor. It’s shocking.”

“It’s part of these women’s journey," Williams added. "It comes down to betrayal. Besides the physical act, it’s a betrayal. It’s one of the things that would make you act out.”

EXCLUSIVE! INSIDERS: NBC KNEW ABOUT BILL COSBY SEX SCANDALS

While his sitcom was raking in millions for NBC, sources claim network execs looked the other way in Bill Cosby’s “sexual molestation” scandal, The ENQUIRER has learned.

In the 1980s, television executives at the Peacock network were aware secret payoffs were going to some Cosby victims to protect his image as America’s quintessential dad on “The Cosby Show,” sources claim.

...But an insider claimed to The ENQUIRER: “NBC knew! They said nothing and let Cosby ‘cover up.’

“Network bosses knew about Bill’s double life, but they looked the other way out of greed and their desire to protect Bill as a symbol of family values.

“Behind the scenes, it was well known that payoffs were being made to some women to keep them from exposing the scandal,” claimed the insider.

What’s more, a former producer has divulged how one actress on the show “complained that Bill was sexually inappropriate.”

Read more: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-insiders-nbc-knew-about-bill-cosby-sex-scandals

EXCLUSIVE: 'It was a candy store for men.' Playmate Barbi Benton, Hugh Hefner's ex-squeeze, reveals that married Bill Cosby was a regular Playboy Mansion party boy who had a steady bunny girlfriend

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oy-steady-bunny-girlfriend.html#ixzz3LXdX4u3R

Wow, I wonder what year that is - the photo of the Annual Midsummer Night's Dream party. –Looks like it could have been taken yesterday. -It’s the current pop star outfit in today’s culture.

-Sounds like Benton is vouching for HH’s good reputation. Things are starting to get very media circus. (imo)

What Vanessa Williams talks about is so true – it is about betrayal, big time; shock, horror, disbelief, and betrayal.

Hummm...
How many of us suffered in silence because of the "shame" that we had because some older male or female molested us? People are still being suppressed by a world who refuses to accept that it happens still to this very day, every day. With "he/she did what?", "what were you doing?", "he/she did no such thing and you know it." need I go on? No, I don't cuz if its happened to you you know what I'm saying.

Lets remember Jerry Sanduski. No one believed it at first either and his victims suffered in horrible silence even when Sanduski was caught. Not one person spoke up.
NO ONE STEPPED UP FOR THOSE BOYS.
To the naysayers on this thread, and they know who they are: I was 13 at the time, 13, not 15, nor was I at the Playboy mansion. I was in my own backyard when I was ambushed. Just because I didn't take him to court doesn't mean it didn't happen!!!

What Cops Are Really Thinking When a Woman Claims She Was Raped

Victims who failed to strike the correct emotional balance also risked not being believed. “Everybody’s gonna be different,” one officer said, and not “everybody’s gonna be distraught,” but if a woman reports a rape and is “very matter of fact about it,” she seems less credible. Incidents in which a victim has been drinking “are darn near impossible” to pursue, one said. In those cases, “You know the bad guy’s getting away with it.”

Without signs of physical violence, “you gotta think about the burden of proof we have which is beyond a reasonable doubt. It’s not gonna be there,” one officer said. Another was more blunt: “If there is no physical evidence and you said you got raped, did you get raped? … No.”

In theory, there’s a big difference between a rape report that’s simply not true and one that’s unlikely to lead to an arrest and conviction. But at least in this police department, the distinction can be lost on officers—from their perspective, they’re both a waste of time.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...at_one_police_department.html?wpisrc=obinsite

I don't ever want to be a juror on a rape trial.

Your chances are slim. Despite claims that "men are convicted of rape every day," many cases never make it to the courtroom:

The Criminal Justice Response. Despite the prevalence of rape and sexual assault, many offenders are neither arrested nor prosecuted. A number of factors may contribute to low arrest rates – but police biases (e.g., believing that many victims falsely claim rape to get
attention, or that only those who’ve been physically injured are telling the truth) persist, and may account for some officers’ unwillingness to make an arrest. Also, the trauma that often accompanies a sexual assault can leave a victim’s memory and verbal skills impaired – and without trauma-sensitive interviewing techniques, a women’s initial account can sometimes seem fragmented.

Even when arrests are made, prosecutors are often reluctant to take on rape and sexual assault cases – and, in some jurisdictions, the backlog of untested rape kits can also be a factor in low prosecution rates.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/sexual_assault_report_1-21-14.pdf

What Vanessa Williams talks about is so true – it is about betrayal, big time; shock, horror, disbelief, and betrayal.

It is.

I remember years ago going to the apartment of a man I had recently befriended; he was supposed to help me prepare my taxes. Seemed like the nicest guy one could possibly hope to meet. Even claimed to attend church regularly. I think we might have gone out for a meal or two before this night. Maybe even a movie.

My taxes were much more complicated than he expected so he gave up. It was decades ago so I can't remember exactly what happened, and I suspect I've blocked out a lot (and if I consumed any alcohol that night it was minimal) but at one point he was suggesting more than I was willing to engage in. At this stage I wasn't even considering him potential boyfriend material, I was still in wait-and-see mode, not that it matters. I tried to laugh it off but he responded by "jokingly" picking me up and throwing me onto the bed (it was a studio apartment).

This guy was easily twice my size and I was terrified. Thank goodness I managed to make my escape without him harming me. He called me the next day and apologized but I told him I never wanted to speak to or see him again and that was the end of that.

This is long-winded but my point is I completely trusted the guy who seemed like the nicest guy in the world. Even him doing as "little" as picking me up and throwing me on the bed against my will elicited shock, horror, and disbelief. Not to mention terror for what he might do next. Even after all this time if I think about that night--and I try not to--the main thing I remember is the fear.

I can vividly imagine how all of these emotions would have been intensified had he gone through with what he easily could have, given his size and strength advantage over me.

But I don't think I can imagine how much more these emotions would have been exponentially intensified had he been an extremely influential person with whom I believed I was in a mentor-student relationship with.

Wow, this is weird. I don't mean to derail the thread, but after I posted that, I realized I couldn't even remember the guy's first name. I remembered his brother's name though, and it's an unusual last name, so my BFF google helped me out.

Wow. Otherwise I am not sure I would have ever come up with his name in my brain.

And "all" he did was throw me on the bed.

EXCLUSIVE! INSIDERS: NBC KNEW ABOUT BILL COSBY SEX SCANDALS

While his sitcom was raking in millions for NBC, sources claim network execs looked the other way in Bill Cosby’s “sexual molestation” scandal, The ENQUIRER has learned.

In the 1980s, television executives at the Peacock network were aware secret payoffs were going to some Cosby victims to protect his image as America’s quintessential dad on “The Cosby Show,” sources claim.

...But an insider claimed to The ENQUIRER: “NBC knew! They said nothing and let Cosby ‘cover up.’

“Network bosses knew about Bill’s double life, but they looked the other way out of greed and their desire to protect Bill as a symbol of family values.

“Behind the scenes, it was well known that payoffs were being made to some women to keep them from exposing the scandal,” claimed the insider.

What’s more, a former producer has divulged how one actress on the show “complained that Bill was sexually inappropriate.”

Read more: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-insiders-nbc-knew-about-bill-cosby-sex-scandals

So, why not sue the network, since Cosby was employed by them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe