Raven's Website and Online Activity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SouthEastSleuth said:
It starts with Raven panning around the living room and talking about some of HIS presents. And the he goes into the kitchen where Janet is standing at the stove making scrambled eggs. He tries to focus in on the clock on the stove (as he has just, rhetorically, "and what time did we get up this Christmas morning Janet?")...she replies 11:00am, as we tries to focus in on the clock. Then the video just ends....

ohhhh what presents did he buy for himself for Christmas (besides the knife)?

golfmom said:
ohhhh what presents did he buy for himself for Christmas (besides the knife)?

He points out some sort of jersey that says "San Diego" on the front (he actually says something about the jersey, but I couldn't understand him). Then he points the camera and says something like "and some underwear and socks....from REI" (always likes the brand name things I guess)... That's all he talks about as far as gifts, before panning to the kitchen..

SouthEastSleuth said:
He points out some sort of jersey that says "San Diego" on the front (he actually says something about the jersey, but I couldn't understand him). Then he points the camera and says something like "and some underwear and socks....from REI" (always likes the brand name things I guess)... That's all he talks about as far as gifts, before panning to the kitchen..
I haven't seen the video in a while but I thought I remembered him saying something about it being a "throw back" jersey? I know that the throw backs were very popular for a while - they were the older styled jerseys of various teams. They were also VERY expensive if you got an authentic one, (although I'm sure that knock-offs were available somewhere - I've never seen any but knock-offs always seem to be around somewhere).

IMO, I didn't see anything strange or selfish about Raven mentioning his presents in the video. It seemed like a typical "Here it is, Christmas morning, and these are the presents I got - aren't they great?" If anything, I thought of it almost like a video "thank you" card - like - I'm so happy with my gifts; look at this cool stuff my wife got me. We saw another video where Janet models her new clothes as well as photos of Christmas where Janet is showing what she got as well. Just my :twocents: .

JerseyGirl said:
We saw another video where Janet models her new clothes as well as photos of Christmas where Janet is showing what she got as well. Just my :twocents: .

Jerseygirl, one of the things that bugs me in that particular video is the statement about how he bought the knife as a Christmas gift for himself. It just bugs me because Christmas is about giving to others, not yourself.

JerseyGirl said:
I haven't seen the video in a while but I thought I remembered him saying something about it being a "throw back" jersey? I know that the throw backs were very popular for a while - they were the older styled jerseys of various teams. They were also VERY expensive if you got an authentic one, (although I'm sure that knock-offs were available somewhere - I've never seen any but knock-offs always seem to be around somewhere).

IMO, I didn't see anything strange or selfish about Raven mentioning his presents in the video. It seemed like a typical "Here it is, Christmas morning, and these are the presents I got - aren't they great?" If anything, I thought of it almost like a video "thank you" card - like - I'm so happy with my gifts; look at this cool stuff my wife got me. We saw another video where Janet models her new clothes as well as photos of Christmas where Janet is showing what she got as well. Just my :twocents: .
YEs, that is exactly what he called it, a throwback jersey.

Oh, I wasn't really implying anything about him having made the video. I just had never seen it before. I you're absolutely right, Lord knows, we have gazillions of pictures over the years with every relative in the world holding up this gift and that gift... LOL

The ONLY two things that really struck me about the video, and this is just observations, but, they weren't ones to exchange inexpensive gifts I don't think. I mean boxers from REI are anywhere from $18-25 a pop! Not the end of the world maybe to some, but still, not your average 3 pack of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom either! LOL

And secondly, granted they apparantly had just gotten up, but Janet doesn't particularly thrilled in the video. He asks if she's having a good C'mas or something to that effect, and still looking at the scrambled eggs, she says in a sort of monotone, "sure." No big deal. Just an observation on my part....

golfmom said:
Jerseygirl, one of the things that bugs me in that particular video is the statement about how he bought the knife as a Christmas gift for himself. It just bugs me because Christmas is about giving to others, not yourself.
I agree but at the same time, my husband and I often joke about buying something for ourselves at gift-giving times. In fact, he once jokingly put a DVD of Tomb Raider in my stocking, and when I looked at it kind of sideways, he said "Well, since you don't like it, do you mind if I keep it?" So I got back at him for his birthday by giving him a new toaster oven, (among other things that he really DID want).

SouthEastSleuth said:
Oh, I wasn't really implying anything about him having made the video. I just had never seen it before. I you're absolutely right, Lord knows, we have gazillions of pictures over the years with every relative in the world holding up this gift and that gift... LOL
Oh geez, how I know that to be true! My husband used to photograph every single present that the kids got, and he's not even all that sentimental. I'm the sappy, sentimental one, and I finally had to beg him to knock it off! LOL ... there are only so many pages I want in my photo albums of present after present after present ... !

Jenifred said:
No. It's got block letters (nice ones) that just say San Diego on the front. It looks like a heather gray. I'm going to listen to it again to see if he mentions a number.

Nope no number.

Thanks Jen! I was just hoping to get an idea what it looked like and price. :bang:

golfmom said:
Thanks Jen! I was just hoping to get an idea what it looked like and price. :bang:
Yeah, I was curious once about it once you posted that site that sold them. $300 for a jersey? It better have some kind of gold thread running through it for that price.

Anyway, I was looking around and I couldn't find a picture like it. Are some throwback jerseys limited editions? Since he seem to have a flare for those types of things.

There are numerous posts by NC_VX.....most of them having comments or questions about repairs. It seems NC_VX joined the site in 2003, stating he had the VX for three years already. I'm guessing he bought a new 1999 VX in the year 2000 (the year he was married, correct?). Most auto loans are 5 years, meaning the VX would have been paid off sometime in 2005.

Here are some interestings partial posts from NC_VX:

06/08/2003, 08:58 AM

Thanks for ALL THE GREAT REPLY's
I can't thank you all enough for the pic's, details, etc. I have always heard that the VX Owners are like family. Although I have been riding my VX for 3 years, I have not taken the time to become part of the family and meet many of you at future Isuzu outings...(ramblings about parts here)...LAST NOTE: I live in NC and would love to follow someone wheelin' sometime. I have taken a jeep and truck through pretty narly trails, and have taken the Isuzu on small little test runs (like bouldering, for any rockclimbers out there). I can learn fast! IN ADDITION TO THAT< I will soon be moving to Utah> I hope to interact with you VX lovers in Moab or something. My wife and I are looking forward to all the fun.

TONKA, where did you put your CD Changer? __________________
-The Rave-
North Carolina

06/24/2003, 01:24 PM
I DID IT THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE, FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK

Dude, I just picked up the VX. I don't have my camera with me (wife took it out of town) and so I Can't show you, but man it looks good. So, I have the O.M.E 912's, RS9000 shocks, and BFGoodRich 285/75R/16 A/T. I went with the All Terrains because of the high-miles I put on it in the city and travelign to fun places....

The shocks are so sweet. I feel like I am hovering, not driving.... I did have to shave a tiny corner inside the wheel well of the front, but that was it. I will post pictures soon.

Thanks everyone. I still have a lot of work to do, I can only wihs I would have done this years ago!!! My VX IS ALIVE AGAIN!!!! __________________
-The Rave-
North Carolina
09/05/2003, 10:36 PM Getting Pissed Alright, I haven't been on here since my last post on this section. I sent Allen a private message and got nothing back from him. Where the freak are my brackets. How can all of you back him in this state...

ALLEN, ARE YOU OUT THERE> I NEED YOUR HELP BUDDY> NO OFFENSE OR NOTHING< BUT YOU'VE GOT MY MONEY AND I've GOT NOTHING...

I have a baby on the way and it would be nice if my wife and i didn't have to go buy a 4 door...

12/14/2003, 02:37 PM
As a new member to the site... I ahve to say Ed, I would also like this on DVD or Window's Media. I would pay. This is an amazing video and really shed's light to the history of the VX. I have heard from many people on the site what the VX is and have also heard from the Isuzu sales guy when I saw it in a 1997 car show, but to have this factual, documented, and entertaining video gives me goose-bumps, their talking about my VX... that is awesome!!!

I am part of something unique, we are part of a one of a kind vehicle. After 6 years this vehicle is still not matched in its futuristic and functional use!!!! And with the knowledge, ideas, and solutions that have been created and shared by the users of this site, the VX will continue to be #1... Funny thing, I almost sold it cause I thought I made a bad purchase decision....!!!! __________________
-The Rave-
North Carolina

12/27/2003, 08:40 PM
More then 84,000 miles? Alright, who's got the record miles here? I've used my VX for an everyday vehicle, although I have 3 others, since 2000... I bought a brand new 99 VX with only 1,000 miles on it a year old, so since sep of 2000 I have put 83,000 miles on it and it runs great. I am thinking of getting a new engine, full block in the next 25,000 miles or when it dies... from other threads I have already realized I need to save up my money cause this VX will be in my family for the rest of my life, and as its life ends, I will build another (pay someone to do it of course) for it!!! 9 lives baby!!!
Anyway, anyone clocked more miles then that? If I drive to the Moab meet, thats 5,000 round trip .... and I have made the trip to utah in 29 hours both times in December.... so it rocks cross country, minus the 10-13 mpg it gets __________________
-The Rave-
North Carolina

golfmom said:
BTW, throwback jerseys can also be custom-made. So if you can't find something similar online, it could be that it was custom-made to represent a favorite player of Raven's that wasn't available.

ETA: If that was an authentic throw-back (are they also called replica jerseys?), $300 is right. More if it's custom.

NC_VX
03/18/2004, 08:22 AM
I'm in, arriving Friday day with a tent for two and my dog. I'll be staying through Sunday.

Attending:
me and a guest
Dog

Look forward to seeing you all there!

NC_VX
03/24/2004, 03:19 PM
Billy, I'm saying the same thing as the others... However, someone who hasn't done their homework might think they are getting a great buy.

You may owe some on it and are hoping to get that back, but unfortunatly for all of us that got loans for the full value when buying new really didn't come out being able to sell. I was in your position until I found this site.... Decided I wanted to keep it and live with what I got!!! I fell in love with my VX after that!

Anyway, best of luck

ewwwinteresting said:
I have heard from many people on the site what the VX is and have also heard from the Isuzu sales guy when I saw it in a 1997 car show, but to have this factual, documented, and entertaining video gives me goose-bumps, their talking about my VX... that is awesome!!!

I am part of something unique, we are part of a one of a kind vehicle. After 6 years this vehicle is still not matched in its futuristic and functional use!!!! And with the knowledge, ideas, and solutions that have been created and shared by the users of this site, the VX will continue to be #1... Funny thing, I almost sold it cause I thought I made a bad purchase decision....!!!!

Wow, he's very excited by this vehicle. Notice the part about being part of something unique. Again, that looking for someplace to belong comes to mind. Reaching out to become a part of anonymous groups on the Internet bothers me. I'm not sure what it is or how to phrase it but this is really bothering me. People are supposed to bond with other people, not with cars or with strangers online. When they bond with objects rather than real people to whom they have responsibilities ... I just don't know what it is.

ewwwinteresting said:
12/27/2003, 08:40 PM
More then 84,000 miles? Alright, who's got the record miles here? ... Anyway, anyone clocked more miles then that?__________________
-The Rave-
North Carolina
I'm not sure I'm getting it. Is he asking if his VX is going to make the trip or is he trying to find out if he's racked up the most miles? Is there some kind of pride in that? ETA: Is this an example of Raven's alleged tendency to "one-up" people?

ewwwinteresting said:
NC_VX
03/18/2004, 08:22 AM
I'm in, arriving Friday day with a tent for two and my dog. I'll be staying through Sunday.

Attending:
me and a guest
Dog

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Again, Janet was pregnant at this time and she and Raven were separated. So either the guest is a buddy or the guest is a girlfriend.

golfmom said:
Again, Janet was pregnant at this time and she and Raven were separated. So either the guest is a buddy or the guest is a girlfriend.
Maybe Rooster or some other member can shed some light on this if she/he knew Raven in March 2004. Were they still separated? When did they reconcile?

He is mentioning his wife on April 13, 2004 so he most likely wasn't talking about her in March as the "guest."

NC_VX

04/13/2004, 06:44 PM
Those images and short movie are amazing. Technology facsinates me. I also downloaded the image of the girl with red streaks as my desktop background! Hope the wife doens't get jealous of a computer image!!!

Playboy? Maybe, the short wasn't anything sexy, just realistic... Too cool how the facial features look so natural and the texture of the skin so real...

HOWEVER, I clicked on this thread from the main page and thought is was a 3D rendering of the VX....bummer!

NC_VX

04/13/2004, 10:03 AM
A Very Long Drive

So, I'm in Chicago next week for business, flying in Sunday and then staying through Wednesday afternoon.... Sounds fun, will enjoy the site seeing... Then I am turning around and driving to Indiana from North Carolina! I am crazy!!!!

I am leaving Thursday morning to arrive in Attica Thursday night I guess. Is anyone planning on being up there sooner or camping or anything? Just wondering cause my wife and I and my dog will probably be there (not sure about the wife, but for sure me and the dog!)

I need to read our 6 pages of thread to figure out the details again, I am getting excited!

ewwwinteresting said:
09/05/2003, 10:36 PM Getting Pissed Alright, I haven't been on here since my last post on this section. I sent Allen a private message and got nothing back from him. Where the freak are my brackets. How can all of you back him in this state...

ALLEN, ARE YOU OUT THERE> I NEED YOUR HELP BUDDY> NO OFFENSE OR NOTHING< BUT YOU'VE GOT MY MONEY AND I've GOT NOTHING...

I have a baby on the way and it would be nice if my wife and i didn't have to go buy a 4 door...

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but is this portion from Raven and he's saying he has a baby on the way? If it's him writing it, this would have been about 4 mos before Kaiden would have been conceived!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael
Back