Real Reason for Search Stopping?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in the Orlando area and there is still standing water all over the place! It's possible the water had receded where the poster had been walking (can't remember the post or exact words, sorry) but was still ankle deep or higher in other areas. Driving up 417 the other day, water on both sides of the road was still within 3 feet of the roadway. I think the seach was called off for the reasons TM stated. Also, IIRC from the press conference, he said other avenues of searching, perhaps the drone planes, would still be going on. So the search for Casey has not been stopped, just one aspect of the search has been put on hold.
Landfill: One one of these threads a poster described how a landfill works, as to when something is dumped etc. It was a great post, talked about how they could tell exactly WHERE a particular dumpster had been dumped, etc. I think the problem is that no one is SURE that Caylee was put in the dumpster at Amscott, that is just where her car ran out of gas. If it was another dumpster, then it might be a completely different area of the landfill that has to be searched, trying to search an entire landfill would be, in my opinion, impossible.

Does anyone reading know how to go about hiding a body in water? When does it come up? When does it go back down? What and how much weight has to be added? Should you wrap it or not? How far out into the water do you go before you drop it? Was there a bridge she could have used? Have rivers been searched? I'm totally unfamiliar with Orlando.

I just reread this and it sounds like I'm asking advise from those of you who have done this before! I'm sorry. In my mind, the question when I wrote this is, I think it would be a lot of trouble, more than Casey would go to, to put her in water. Throwing off a bridge is something she could have done. But I don't know if Orlando has bridges over big rivers.

Okay...I must be having a slow work day because I'm thinking too much.

Let's suppose that TES did find something of 'interest' in a particular area. In order to process that scene or do some further investigating would it be possible that LE told Tim to suspend the search for now and give the conditions as a reason so they could do what they had to do in peace and without the media hanging about? I think that if Tim knew there was evidence out there he'd comply with LE's request.

Here's the dumb one - let's also suppose that maybe the poster from last night was right in saying that in the area that they may have found evidence there's a few gators hanging about. Now, I'm from the Midwest and have had no encounters with gators except at the zoo - I realize you can't hold a bowl of gator chow in front of the beasties and they'll move for you...but how on earth do you get them out of a search area?

Agreed, I take anything Padilla says with 20 grains of salt-- one grain is not enough.

If the car was so permeated with the decomp odor that it still smelled days later, then I would expect that when Casey got out of it and into Tony's car, the smell would be on her clothing and person. Maybe not strong but certainly noticeable. It would be very interesting to know if he told police that she smelled odd when he picked her up.

Does anyone know off hand when Casey took the shower?

I live in the Orlando area and there is still standing water all over the place! It's possible the water had receded where the poster had been walking (can't remember the post or exact words, sorry) but was still ankle deep or higher in other areas. Driving up 417 the other day, water on both sides of the road was still within 3 feet of the roadway. I think the seach was called off for the reasons TM stated. Also, IIRC from the press conference, he said other avenues of searching, perhaps the drone planes, would still be going on. So the search for Casey has not been stopped, just one aspect of the search has been put on hold.
Landfill: One one of these threads a poster described how a landfill works, as to when something is dumped etc. It was a great post, talked about how they could tell exactly WHERE a particular dumpster had been dumped, etc. I think the problem is that no one is SURE that Caylee was put in the dumpster at Amscott, that is just where her car ran out of gas. If it was another dumpster, then it might be a completely different area of the landfill that has to be searched, trying to search an entire landfill would be, in my opinion, impossible.

Also keep in mind that an individual dumpster does not get dumped in the landfill. It is all of the dumpsters that that company picked up that day in that truck, which might help if it wasn't the amscott dumpster, if it was another by this company, but that is still a lot of trash to go through.

Here's the dumb one - let's also suppose that maybe the poster from last night was right in saying that in the area that they may have found evidence there's a few gators hanging about. Now, I'm from the Midwest and have had no encounters with gators except at the zoo - I realize you can't hold a bowl of gator chow in front of the beasties and they'll move for you...but how on earth do you get them out of a search area?

Animal Control

Thats why LE should have searched the landfill right away. BEFORE months of trash was heaped on top. Oh well...too late now.

Also keep in mind that an individual dumpster does not get dumped in the landfill. It is all of the dumpsters that that company picked up that day in that truck, which might help if it wasn't the amscott dumpster, if it was another by this company, but that is still a lot of trash to go through.

Okay...I must be having a slow work day because I'm thinking too much.

Let's suppose that TES did find something of 'interest' in a particular area. In order to process that scene or do some further investigating would it be possible that LE told Tim to suspend the search for now and give the conditions as a reason so they could do what they had to do in peace and without the media hanging about? I think that if Tim knew there was evidence out there he'd comply with LE's request.

can they just move gators for being, well gators? This is there home and I thought unless they are over x feet long and showing aggression they aren't to be trapped. And I certainly hope if they do trap them, they are moving them and not destroying them.

Agreed, I take anything Padilla says with 20 grains of salt-- one grain is not enough.

If the car was so permeated with the decomp odor that it still smelled days later, then I would expect that when Casey got out of it and into Tony's car, the smell would be on her clothing and person. Maybe not strong but certainly noticeable. It would be very interesting to know if he told police that she smelled odd when he picked her up.

Not only that, but if the car smelled that bad once the body was removed, imagine how bad the dumpster would have reeked with a body in it.
And if a body had been in the dumpster, wouldn't there have been more evidence to point towards that?

Does anyone reading know how to go about hiding a body in water? When does it come up? When does it go back down? What and how much weight has to be added? Should you wrap it or not? How far out into the water do you go before you drop it? Was there a bridge she could have used? Have rivers been searched? I'm totally unfamiliar with Orlando.

How long did it take Laci to pop up from the SF Bay . . . a few months: end of Dec to mid-April?

Thats why LE should have searched the landfill right away. BEFORE months of trash was heaped on top. Oh well...too late now.
I don't think it's too late, but rather, a question of resources/money. As someone who witnessed 9-11 up close and personal (and who lives less than 1/2 from the unfortunately named "Fresh Kills Landfill" in Staten Island where 1 million tons of debris and human remains were dumped from the World Trade Center) I know it can be done. Orlando LE is going to need sifting and other type equipment and people willing to go through the entire landfill. Over here, you had men and women working 24-7 as volunteers but for all of them it was a life-altering event and most everyone knew at least SOMEONE who had died in the towers. Plus many of the sifters were cops or firefighters who lost their brethren and wanted to be involved. And...the City had a lot of money to spend towards sifting. I don't know how many volunteers would be willing to go into the landfill or if LE would even want them in there. And you certainly don't have family pushing for a search of little Caylee (in fact you have the opposite). In the high heat, I'd be concerned about the poor thing having composted by now (though her bones would remain). Over here the weather is much different and after 9-11 it got colder and there wasn't a lot of composting going on. (I am sorry to use the word "compost", I don't mean any disrespect). But if Caylee ended up in the landfill, her bones and DNA are in there and with the right equipment, LE could find her in there.

Not only that, but if the car smelled that bad once the body was removed, imagine how bad the dumpster would have reeked with a body in it.
And if a body had been in the dumpster, wouldn't there have been more evidence to point towards that?
I think Casey had no idea how badly things would be in terms of smell and after realizing it, she made sure to do things differently before putting Caylee in a dumpster (if that's where she put her). She would have placed her in a bag, put that bag in another, and then added so many closed bag layers that until the bags disintegrated and each of them had been pieced, the smell would not have escaped.

I don't think it's too late, but rather, a question of resources/money. As someone who witnessed 9-11 up close and personal (and who lives less than 1/2 from the unfortunately named "Fresh Kills Landfill" in Staten Island where 1 million tons of debris and human remains were dumped from the World Trade Center) I know it can be done. Orlando LE is going to need sifting and other type equipment and people willing to go through the entire landfill. Over here, you had men and women working 24-7 as volunteers but for all of them it was a life-altering event and most everyone knew at least SOMEONE who had died in the towers. Plus many of the sifters were cops or firefighters who lost their brethren and wanted to be involved. And...the City had a lot of money to spend towards sifting. I don't know how many volunteers would be willing to go into the landfill or if LE would even want them in there. And you certainly don't have family pushing for a search of little Caylee (in fact you have the opposite). In the high heat, I'd be concerned about the poor thing having composted by now (though her bones would remain). Over here the weather is much different and after 9-11 it got colder and there wasn't a lot of composting going on. (I am sorry to use the word "compost", I don't mean any disrespect). But if Caylee ended up in the landfill, her bones and DNA are in there and with the right equipment, LE could find her in there.

I agree. I remember the Lori Hacking case. They isolated the area in the landfill where that dumpster was dumped, got an order to prevent more trash from being dumped there, and looked down far enough to find newspapers from the date of her death.

It took a few weeks, I remember...but they found her and her husband Mark is in prison.

Laci was found after a fairly large storm untangled (she was stuck/attached to something) and her body washed ashore.

Could she have gone to target to buy a change of clothes before calling TonE? Any local motels or truck stops with showers nearby? :waitasec:

Could she have gone to target to buy a change of clothes before calling TonE? Any local motels or truck stops with showers nearby? :waitasec:

She prob just went to her parents house showered and changed. Maybe that is why the LE had a search warrent that included her clothes...????
just a thought:crazy:

Didn't Casey go to Ricardo's and use the shower? Does anyone remember what date that was?

Let's just completely throw out the statement about what the cop friend said and just go by what the searcher said. The searcher says, the ground is DRY (searcher makes a POINT to let us know this two or three times that the grounds are dry), the searcher says they pondered and re-wrote their statement over again to make sure they didn't "say too much, if you KNOW what I mean". The searcher says, they "will be watching the news VERY CLOSELY the next few days (they are trying to tell us to do the same). Now, why would this searcher even think they would be jeapardizing the case IF something wasn't found, WHY would they worry about "saying to much". HELLO???? This is such a big dead give away. Also, the searcher, says, Tim says it's enviornmental reasonas and I'm sure he has his reasons for this, he's a stand up guy. Here again, the searcher is saying that they don't understand why he said the search was called off for THIS reason, but he's a stand up guy and he trusts him.

It's so very obvious to me they found something. They are not risking "leaking" the info yet, because Casey is out, also the chance of fouling up the retrieval efforts and investingation with all the media circus.

I think you're right!

I wondered this myself. I asked last night because I didn't follow the Duckett case, but I read somewhere that it was close. I was wondering if this was true. If so, no matter what/who they found, after this long and that heat, they will have to do testing. Like I said last night, even if they found a body wearing Caylee clothes, with her name on them and a birth certificate tucked in her pocket, the family and attorney would say it wasn't her without testing. And even then maybe not. Remember, Casey is being railroaded.

They were searching in a lot of areas and the media may not know if they did find something. LE has private channels for ongoing investigations and they have cell phones too. I am the first to admit that I am guilty of wanting to know now, now, now what is going on but we are going to have to just be patient. The media may even be cooperating with them because everyone knows how airtight this case is going to have to be. Baez is shifty. Having volunteered on a couple of Innocence project cases, I can assure you, Baez appears to be a VERY GOOD attorney and his team isn't going to miss anything. There was something that I saw that possibly violates Casey's constitutional rights and as sick as that makes me, rights are rights and if you chip away at hers, you are chipping away at your own. I haven't mentioned it specifically because I am sure they have people reading here and I don't want to give them any ideas.

The live chat thing I did see last night. They said that the area was taped off and being guarded. They said that they found something, but the area was wet and hard to get to and they taped it off and send in the mounted police and then called the special recovery unit asap.

If they found something, they are going to have to photograph and document everything, they are going to have to remove it and that is going to take time, so that they are able to get every bit of available evidence, and all of that is going to take a while and then there is the DNA tests. This could go quickly and we could know in a matter of a day or two or even hours...or the body could have been out there in conditions that make that harder and it could take weeks to confirm by DNA.

When I was doing innocence case work, I was contacted by dozens of people every month asking me to help them because I helped with a couple of cases where we actually got people out and off of death row. When someone would ask for help, I would request they send the case info and trial transcripts and then I would read them over, sometimes for weeks getting through the trial transcripts. Out of all of the innocence cases that I was asked to help on, MAYBE 10 percent of them I believed to be actually innocent and needless to say, if I didn't believe you, I did NOT help. It is sad for those that are actually innocent, but so many claim to be that it often hurts those that actually are. Everyone is innocent...even when they are not. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen both from those claiming innocence that I didn't believe and on the other side of the coin when they were innocent and things got messed up by the state. And there are deadlines on everything.

This guy is going to try to prove her innocent any way he can and that is his job. It is also his job to try to get her freed on technicalities. He will invoke speedy trial as well. Giving LE less time to get more info once she is charged. IT is not his responsibility to prove her innocent as much as it is the states responsibility to prove her guilty. I hate being patient, but I know from things I have done before that is the only thing we can do for the sake of Caylee and making sure she gets justice. When she gets charged, we will know EVERYTHING they do, because LE has to hand it over in discovery. Baez has to hand over nothing but Casey.

Thank-you for all this information!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back