Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My view is that when the burden of proof was only "a preponderance of the evidence” and you still lost three jurors -- how much more likely that when the burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt" that there might even be a worse split?

Don't get me wrong. I am all for a trial. But it may not ever happen.

They also didn’t take long for the verdict though. I’m sure as soon as they had the 9 “yes” votes, that was it. In a criminal trial, they would probably take longer and have the opportunity to discuss and change the “no” voter’s opinions. Plus all of what Tortoise said above!

Just heard the news. I'm beyond happy for Rebecca's family and also for Mr. Greer who worked so hard.

Did this then prove him to be a liar? Or did it prove something else took place to cut her down? How did the Z's lawyers explain it then, how Rebecca was cut down?

Greer demonstrated the most likely way AS cut RZ down based on these measurements, and it didn't require use of a table since he could already reach above the noose. He showed the claim of needing a table was just part of the continued staging of AS, so yes, a lie.

Oh Hinky Day! Clearly this has been too long in coming. I am am overjoyed for the Zahau family! (and those that stuck by them)

HinkySD

[FONT=&quot]After 7 heartbreaking years since Rebecca [/FONT]#Zahau[FONT=&quot]'s death, finally, justice and answers for her family! Jurors just found Adam Shacknai guilty of murdering Rebecca!
https://twitter.com/GreerLawyer[/FONT]

cache.php

I haven' posted but have followed.

Brilliant news !!!!
Long time coming. Finally... may Rebecca's family move forward knowing justice has been served after this horrible lengthy ordeal.
Rest in peace now Rebecca.....

I actually think the authorities whoever they are should be made to reimburse the plaintiff's costs of trial.

I'd already been following Dave Myers for a while, so I tweeted him and he replied instantly. Yaay!

Screenshot_2018-04-04-13-32-41.jpg

Anyone think AS older brother was aware he'd commit this crime? or do you think AS acted alone? revenge/lust or both?

My view is that when the burden of proof was only "a preponderance of the evidence” and you still lost three jurors -- how much more likely that when the burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt" that there might even be a worse split?

I seriously doubt that happens.This case is far from over, imo. I was on a wrongful death jury. After three weeks of trial and a week deliberation the final vote was split. My home phone was ringing when I walked in the door later that afternoon. It was the defendant's attorney's office. I was asked a million questions about what went on in the jury deliberations and went in to his office next day to sign an affidavit.

The judge later declared a mistrial for juror misconduct.

I seriously doubt that happens.This case is far from over, imo. I was on a wrongful death jury. After three weeks of trial and a week deliberation the final vote was split. My home phone was ringing when I walked in the door later that afternoon. It was the defendant's attorney's office. I was asked a million questions about what went on in the jury deliberations and went in to his office next day to sign an affidavit.

I sure hope that it is far from over. Let the criminal trial begin!!

And for years you said it would never get to trial.

Just remembered this from Greer's interview with Tricia. It looks like the jury thought it was more than just a preponderance of the evidence. I hope I've understood it correctly, that the $5 mill was punitive damages:

KG: When it comes to punitive damages those have to be proven by clear and convincing evidence so it’s more of a challenge obviously to meet the clear and convincing standard.

TG: So if they come back with $100 punitive that would give you an indication that maybe they weren’t quite sure about Adam.

KG: Well they’d probably come back with zero, it would either be something substantial or zero, they have to find that it’s clear and convincing first and if they do find that then they can come back with the larger number, but they may put a very large value on the damages caused by her mother losing her 32-year old daughter who was definitely a very important part of her life, taking care of her, consoling her, taking care of her financially, emotionally, it was a very strong relationship, so they could put a big number on that.

I see your point, but perhaps you are not considering that a criminal investigation may reveal new and more incriminating evidence? A criminal trial would not necessarily rely on the same evidence.

There were a number of issues revealed during the civil trial proceedings that indicated a ‘lack of depth’ and attention to detail for the investigations. Who knows what a fresh investigation would reveal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone think AS older brother was aware he'd commit this crime? or do you think AS acted alone? revenge/lust or both?

Aware of it beforehand? Not sure. Aware of it during and afterwards, yes. How else would he have known when to send the voice mail message?

Considering the manner in which SDSO handled the (non) retrieval of the message and JS's description of it, it seems very likely it was staged in a way to provide "proof" of Rebecca's "suicide". Too much of a coincidence otherwise. JMO

I see your point, but perhaps you are not considering that a criminal investigation may reveal new and more incriminating evidence? A criminal trial would not necessarily rely on the same evidence.

There were a number of issues revealed during the civil trial proceedings that indicated a ‘lack of depth’ and attention to detail for the investigations. Who knows what a fresh investigation would reveal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A criminal investigation and trial will also require more people involved in the investigation to testify under oath, possibly revealing more information. In a criminal trial it might be more difficult for a ME and other investigators to simply refuse to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova