Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beware of who might be reading Lezah and not give away anything that could be crafted into his closings tomorrow. I'm sure Lucas was withdrawn because of our questions being fed back to the defense team, not that it did them any favors mind you.

Just beware of who might be reading Lezah and not give away anything that could be crafted into his closings tomorrow. I'm sure Lucas was withdrawn because of our questions being fed back to the defense team, not that it did them any favors mind you.

I was just thinking the same think and I have to say I was a little disappointed in Webb today...... I mean we gave him so much to work with!

I was just thinking the same think and I have to say I was a little disappointed in Webb today...... I mean we gave him so much to work with!

:silly: :floorlaugh:

Ok, my trial watcher gave me the update!

Here we go...

After lunch Mr Greer introduced the life like mannequin. It was wearing a long dark wig, and a long sleeved T-shirt dress.

The jury were shown again the hog tie, how the rope exactly matches the distance between hand and foot, and th position of her body on the grass...and it was very impactful.

But then, Mr Greer HUNG the mannequin, as was described by AS, but using the actual lengths of the rope.

There were many objections, and arguments - however, Mr Greer demonstrated the the height of the body from the ground and the length of the rope were accurate to the forensic and police measurements.

My trial watcher said everyone’s jaw hit the floor when they saw her hanging...as it was so very obvious she could be cut down by standing next to her body. The table story looked like...a complete fabrication....

I will post more....shortly just want you to get the basics..

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here we go...

After lunch Mr Greer introduced the life like mannequin. It was wearing a long dark wig, and a long sleeved T-shirt dress.

The jury were shown again the hog tie, how the rope exactly matches the distance between hand and foot, and th position of her body on the grass...and it was very impactful.

But then, Mr Greer HUNG the mannequin, as was described by AS, but using the actual lengths of the rope.

There were many objections, and arguments - however, Mr Greer demonstrated the the height of the body from the ground and the length of the rope were accurate to the forensic and police measurements.

My trial watcher said everyone’s jaw hit the floor when they saw her hanging...as it was so very obvious she could be cut down by standing next to her body. The table story looked like...a complete fabrication....

Just my opinion....

Thank you! I'm

He keeps bringing up Max dying and how sad it is. Going for sympathy?

Speaking to it as an excuse for Adam being there. He doesn't seem to be talking about it being suicide at all. All he is doing is trying to say that Adam didn't do "it".

His point is that Plaintiff knew the grieving mother had nothing to do with RZ's death yet they continued publicly accusing her for more than a year before removing her from the lawsuit. He also showed Mary's transcript testimony where she admitted they had no evidence against Dina.

The Defense isn't there to prove suicide because it is not part of the lawsuit. The lawsuit is focused on Adam's liability. The full burden is on the Plaintiff is to prove AS' liability for RZ's death. To do that, there must be evidence that places AS inside the house where the alleged murder took place. Not one of the 29 witnesses or exhibits placed AS inside the house's crime scene. JMO

Here we go...

Just my opinion....

Wow, I’m even more impressed with Mr. Greer! He is brilliant!

Here we go...

Just my opinion....

WOW!
I am actually a combination of speechless and impressed! I have goose bumps reading this! I didn't see this on the stream....maybe they weren't allowed to show it?

Here we go...

Just my opinion....

Thank you Lezah. For some reason that really choked me up. It brought it to life.

Truly amazing work by Mr Greer by the sounds of it. I wonder if it wasn't filmed deliberately because of sensitive material?

His point is that Plaintiff knew the grieving mother had nothing to do with RZ's death yet they continued publicly accusing her for more than a year before removing her from the lawsuit. He also showed Mary's transcript testimony where she admitted they had no evidence against Dina.

The Defense isn't there to prove suicide because it is not part of the lawsuit. The lawsuit is focused on Adam's liability. The full burden is on the Plaintiff is to prove AS' liability for RZ's death. To do that, there must be evidence that places AS inside the house where the alleged murder took place. Not one of the 29 witnesses or exhibits placed AS inside the house's crime scene. JMO

Actually, the Zahau family was not given evidence to prove DS was not involved until they received the videos from LE to prove her whereabouts, once they received the evidence they have been begging for years for, they did the honest thing and dropped her from the lawsuit. It proves that they aren't on a witch hunt to blame innocent people, they want the truth, and to prosecute the person who was involved. MOO

Thank you Lezah. For some reason that really choked me up. It brought it to life.

Truly amazing work by Mr Greer by the sounds of it. I wonder if it wasn't filmed deliberately because of sensitive material?

Hopefully, we all learned something from the first time Rebecca was broadcast - like never to do it again.

Actually, the Zahau family was not given evidence to prove DS was not involved until they received the videos from LE to prove her whereabouts, once they received the evidence they have been begging for years for, they did the honest thing and dropped her from the lawsuit. It proves that they aren't on a witch hunt to blame innocent people, they want the truth, and to prosecute the person who was involved. MOO

I can only go by Webb's closing and he said they were given the proof more than a year before they dropped Dina from the lawsuit.

I can only go by Webb's closing and he said they were given the proof more than a year before they dropped Dina from the lawsuit.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...knai-in-Death-of-Rebecca-Zahau-419896223.html

NBC 7 Investigates obtained video from Attorney Keith Greer, who got it from the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department after several years of trying he says. It shows Dina Shacknai was inside Rady Children's Hospital when Zahau died.

Attorney Greer says the video changed his mind about the death of Rebecca Zahau.

A Timeline of the Deaths at Spreckels Mansion
"Previously we had an eye witness who was adamant putting Dina at the scene of the murder,” Greer said.

Greer said it took him years to get the security camera footage from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, which investigated Zahau's death, and called it a suicide.

Agree, and what I am a bit concerned with to be honest.

That said, I am a bit surprised that the defense didn’t try the “it was definitely murder, but couldn’t have been AS because...and XYZ had much more motive because...”.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...knai-in-Death-of-Rebecca-Zahau-419896223.html

NBC 7 Investigates obtained video from Attorney Keith Greer, who got it from the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department after several years of trying he says. It shows Dina Shacknai was inside Rady Children's Hospital when Zahau died.

Attorney Greer says the video changed his mind about the death of Rebecca Zahau.

A Timeline of the Deaths at Spreckels Mansion
"Previously we had an eye witness who was adamant putting Dina at the scene of the murder,” Greer said.

Greer said it took him years to get the security camera footage from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, which investigated Zahau's death, and called it a suicide.

Webb gave the specific dates they were given the security video and when they dropped Dina from the lawsuit over a year later.

Why did Adam bring the 3-legged table over at all?

Agree, and what I am a bit concerned with to be honest.

That said, I am a bit surprised that the defense didn’t try the “it was definitely murder, but couldn’t have been AS because...and XYZ had much more motive because...”.

It isn't the Defense's job to convince the jury it was suicide or murder because that isn't part of the lawsuit. The jury will have clear instructions to focus only on the evidence they heard through testimony or from exhibits and determine whether AS has liability for RZ's death.

Was Jonah in court? Did Adam have any support from his brother, Dina or Nina today?

Don't know about those folks, but Mary was there. Again. She must be really digging San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova