Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only place to watch this live is 10 News - Abc San Diego KGTV right?

My summary and opinion so far...

Webb was better than yesterday in his presentation. For me, he has an irritating delivery style and voice, but he was definitely less flustered and much more systematic.

Yesterday the mannequin was stuck in my head and the table evidence, and I was waiting anxiously for rebuttal, but it never came. This was important for me and the fact it wasn’t covered spoke volumes.

I felt there was a very condescending, dismissive tone running through the whole statement, IMO it was not helpful to AS. Particularly the attack on Mary almost immediately followed by the request to jury consider AS pain and suffering. Attack Greer ok, he’s presenting the case ..but attack Mary?

I also noticed a distinctive drop in tone of voice and level and pitch of volume when discussing RZ apparent reason for suicide. It was not natural IMO, as as soon as the next topic came up he did not dwell a pause before returning to the voluminous levels prior.

Any call to the "pain and suffering" of Adam, much less one juxtaposed with a callous disregard (distain?) for Mary, is not a particularly good line for the defense. There is waaaaaayyyyy too much deep pain and suffering in what has happened here. But Webb wants our deep sympathy for the guy who last saw victim alive, first found her dead, and LIED about it, because people think he might have something to do with it? I'm guessing there will be few tears for Adam in this regard.

It’s insulting to the jurors’s intelligence.

Agree. It's the same as expecting the jurors to reject the idea that criminals use gloves and clean up crime scenes to remove traces of their fingerprints, DNA, etc. Very condescending to them.

Also similar was trying to get them to feel sympathy for AS, that his life has been ruined by these accusations. To the contrary, I doubt he's lost a minute of sleep over this until the last couple of weeks. He had a multi-million dollar PR campaign working on his behalf for several years to keep the focus away from him while disparaging his victim. To coin a Memphis phrase, AS has been living in tall cotton the last several years.

JMO

Any call to the "pain and suffering" of Adam, much less one juxtaposed with a callous disregard (distain?) for Mary, is not a particularly good line for the defense. There is waaaaaayyyyy too much deep pain and suffering in what has happened here. But Webb wants our deep sympathy for the guy who last saw victim alive, first found her dead, and LIED about it, because people think he might have something to do with it? I'm guessing there will be few tears for Adam in this regard.
Absolutely Verboten. You've hit the nail on the head.

My summary and opinion so far...

Webb was better than yesterday in his presentation. For me, he has an irritating delivery style and voice, but he was definitely less flustered and much more systematic.

Yesterday the mannequin was stuck in my head and the table evidence, and I was waiting anxiously for rebuttal, but it never came. This was important for me and the fact it wasn’t covered spoke volumes.

I felt there was a very condescending, dismissive tone running through the whole statement, IMO it was not helpful to AS. Particularly the attack on Mary almost immediately followed by the request to the jury consider AS pain and suffering. Attack Greer ok, he’s presenting the case ..but attack Mary?

I also noticed a distinctive drop in tone of voice and level and pitch of volume when discussing RZ apparent reason for suicide. It was not natural IMO, as as soon as the next topic came up he did not dwell a pause before returning to the voluminous levels prior.

Overall, I felt like I was being ‘talked down too’ if that makes sense. As though by choosing the plaintiffs version I was stupid as it’s SO obvious that there is no evidence...

I genuinely tried to remain open during the trial, and I did during Webb’s argument, but for me he was unpersuasive and not very likable.

This is just me, and my opinion, but I would decide for the plaintiff.

BPBM - 100% agree. I do not think he wanted the jury to be reminded of the mannequin from yesterday at ALL...

You’re a gem with your reporting :goldcrown: Thank you!

Dear fellow posters
I apologize for typos etc in my posts when I was relaying / reporting quick fire snippets from the trial for those who couldn’t watch.

To be clear, I don’t agree with the statements and inferences made by Webb, I was just relaying them.

Thanks

I have known the Alison's for many years. To suggest that Mrs. Alison should be a murder suspect is preposterous! I also find it interesting that LE tried to keep it quiet that she had come forward. I was having coffee with the Alison's one Sunday shortly after Rebecca was murdered, and they brought up the fact that Mrs. Alison heard screams that night, and that LE didn't seem to be interested..............

:pullhair:

Shades of the Oscar Pistorius trial.

Greer is up..

How RZ actually died the process, we don’t know and it doesn’t matter. She was murdered. We have Motive, opportunity, placement , he was there.

Mr Greer is emotional.

What would be RZ’s last words.

He has closed!

OMG! He’s finished. Short and to the point.

:pullhair:

Shades of the Oscar Pistorius trial.

Oh, really? Thanks for that info, I didn't follow his trial, so that is good to know. There have been a few comments here in recent weeks comparing the defense tactics to the Pistorius trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova