Related Issues and Food for Thought

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they were placed in the same prisoner's box again and Millard repeatedly glared at Smich who stared straight ahead and "did not engage" Millard. This is ALSO what happened in the in-camera sessions. Smich glared back at Millard near the end of this particular session.

in the video at link: http://www.chch.com/bosma-accused-millard-smich-in-court/

So they were placed in the same prisoner's box again and Millard repeatedly glared at Smich who stared straight ahead and "did not engage" Millard. This is what happened in the in-camera sessions. Smich glared back at Millard near the end of this particular session.

good catch!

In their April 7 report, CHCH said DM looked "emaciated" http://www.chch.com/judge-quashes-ban-on-media-public-at-bosma-pre-trial-proceeding/

June 11 they wrote DM "was noticeably thinner then his last court appearance." http://www.chch.com/bosma-accused-millard-smich-in-court/

Noticeably thinner than emaciated? That doesn't sound good.

The trial date for the two men accused in the murder of Ancaster’s Tim Bosma has been pushed back again.

http://www.900chml.com/2015/06/12/bosma-murder-trial-pushed-back/

Bosma murder trial pushed back again

The judge in the case has now set the trial for Dellen Millard and Mark Smich to start January 18.

That’s a week later than the previous date.

Millard and Smich are also scheduled in court for more pretrial discussions on September 3.

So they were placed in the same prisoner's box again and Millard repeatedly glared at Smich who stared straight ahead and "did not engage" Millard. This is what happened in the in-camera sessions. Smich glared back at Millard near the end of this particular session.

What do you mean this is what happened in the in-camera sessions? No one knows what happened in that session once everyone was told to leave the court room. Prior to everyone leaving...

Millard and Smich appeared in person in the Hamilton court on Monday. Millard wore a grey suit jacket and shoulder-length hair. Smich wore a dark dress shirt with white stripes. Both stared straight ahead.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-judge-bans-public-and-media-from-pre-trial-hearing-1.2968659

Have I misunderstood what you're trying to say?

JMO

What do you mean this is what happened in the in-camera sessions? No one knows what happened in that session once everyone was told to leave the court room. Prior to everyone leaving...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-judge-bans-public-and-media-from-pre-trial-hearing-1.2968659

Have I misunderstood what you're trying to say?

JMO

In the video on the CHCH page, at about 0:44, the reporter says:

Throughout the 2 hour court appearance, M repeatedly glared at his co-accused, who refused to engage him.

It wasn't until late in the hearing that S turned and looked directly at M.

ABro:

Millard and Smich are pleading not guilty to all the charges against them.

CBC News also reported that "Ravin Pillay is on record as Millard's lawyer" in the Bosma case, which is being heard in Hamilton while the other two matters are being dealt with in Toronto. Pillay previously took over the Babcock and Wayne Millard cases from Millard's original lawyer, Deepak Paradkar.

The shift in dates may have been made to accommodate a preliminary inquiry on the Wayne Millard matter, which is scheduled for January 4, 2016. Dates have also been reserved in September 2015 for a preliminary inquiry on the Laura Babcock murder although they will be lost if they conflict with the pre-trial motions in Hamilton.

While there was a direct indictment -- meaning no preliminary inquiry in the Bosma murder -- there have been no direct indictments granted in either the Babcock or Millard murders.

Meanwhile, in other related matters, the case of the three men charged with selling Millard the illegal gun used to kill his father, continues to wind its way through the system at a glacial pace.

It's strange how everything is subject to interpretation.

For me, DM glaring at MS could suggest that DM is wondering why his 'friend' did what he did !! DM has already said that he felt used !! He says the truth is right infront of our faces, maybe its right in front of his too when he is in court. I highly doubt that someone who is guilty and annoyed at someone ratting them out would be glaring at the rat in court !! It is far more likely in my opinion that DM would stare at the one who is responsible for the deed. JMO MOO

Or maybe he feels that they are both taking the rap for others as yet unaccounted for, and was simply hoping to send a knowing glance, but MS was unaware. Again MOO

Anyone ever wonder if those two guys maybe had a bit of a Bromance ??

good catch!

In their April 7 report, CHCH said DM looked "emaciated" http://www.chch.com/judge-quashes-ban-on-media-public-at-bosma-pre-trial-proceeding/

June 11 they wrote DM "was noticeably thinner then his last court appearance." http://www.chch.com/bosma-accused-millard-smich-in-court/

Noticeably thinner than emaciated? That doesn't sound good.

No it doesn't does it? Sounds like someone who is not adjusting well to his living arrangements. Apparently DM is not hopeful of his future. If he saw hope for his future, he would be taking better care of himself, looking forward to three verdicts of not guilty, getting out of jail, picking up the pieces and moving on with his life. When someone doesn't eat well, it affects their overall and future health. Could he be hoping he gets sick enough to be hospitalized, thinking/hoping he can make an escape or being hospitalized for change of scenery? Desperate people do desperate things.

Has DM been banned from having shaving razors in his cell? If DM was banned from having razors, he would then have to go to the jail barber for a haircut and shave but I see it as a protest much like not eating. In his one letter titled The Argument, was he writing about himself? Does he have a death wish, on a suicide mission? Whatever his reasons are, doesn't make him look good in the eyes of the public, nor will it look good to jurors. No sympathy for DM. It's highly unlikely the weight lose is due to illness. He was fine before his incarceration and being young with no human contact other then guards, unlikely he contracted something. It's all his own doing. ALL MOO.

How did he know one guy was a police informant? How did he manage to get a look at that fellow's cell when he's in lock up for 23 hours a day? Coincidentally that just happened to be the hour in which he was let out of his cell? Hmm. :thinking:

Some guys were having an argument. They were yelling at each other at the top of their lungs, from under their doors. They got into revealing each other’s dirty secrets. One guy had been a police informant. The other had shoved twelve travel sized deodorant sticks up his butt for ‘the experience.’ In another letter I wrote about an imparticularly [sic] disturbed fellow they brought in kicking and screaming. He had been cut off of his medications, and thought that if he hurt himself enough, they would be given back. He smashed his face and head against the concrete cell walls. He tried cutting his wrists on the food slot in the door. He demanded to be sent to the hospital, as he stabbed himself repeatedly with a pencil. They didn’t send him. It was a disturbing night of screams and howls, as he inflicted one hurt after another on himself. The next day they moved him to a video observation cell. I had a look at the cell he had been in. It wasn’t pretty. It looked like a B horror movie director had gone ridiculously overboard.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...rn-to-world-of-fast-cars-and-exotic-adventure

In the video on the CHCH page, at about 0:44, the reporter says:

I know what it says in the video, but that is about the session on Thursday, not the in-camera session. Matou indicated that "This is what happened in the in-camera sessions." There is nothing in the video about the in-camera session that was held back in February. This is why I was asking for clarification of what she meant. It also doesn't say that Smich glared back at Millard at the end of this session. It simply says that it wasn't until late in the hearing that he turned and looked directly at DM.

JMO

[/B]
Has DM been banned from having shaving razors in his cell?

I wouldn't think that any inmates would be allowed to keep razors in their cells. JMO

[/B]How did he know one guy was a police informant? How did he manage to get a look at that fellow's cell when he's in lock up for 23 hours a day?

As he said, they were yelling at each other from under their doors. Solitary cells aren't sound proof. They can hear the yelling and screaming.

Maybe the cell was across the hall from his. The door would be open while they were cleaning the cell out.

JMO

ABro:

Millard and Smich are pleading not guilty to all the charges against them.

CBC News also reported that "Ravin Pillay is on record as Millard's lawyer" in the Bosma case, which is being heard in Hamilton while the other two matters are being dealt with in Toronto. Pillay previously took over the Babcock and Wayne Millard cases from Millard's original lawyer, Deepak Paradkar.

The shift in dates may have been made to accommodate a preliminary inquiry on the Wayne Millard matter, which is scheduled for January 4, 2016. Dates have also been reserved in September 2015 for a preliminary inquiry on the Laura Babcock murder although they will be lost if they conflict with the pre-trial motions in Hamilton.

While there was a direct indictment -- meaning no preliminary inquiry in the Bosma murder -- there have been no direct indictments granted in either the Babcock or Millard murders.

Meanwhile, in other related matters, the case of the three men charged with selling Millard the illegal gun used to kill his father, continues to wind its way through the system at a glacial pace.

Here's the link to FromGermany's post.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...nd-wayne-millard-murder-trials-an-update.html

I wouldn't think that any inmates would be allowed to keep razors in their cells. JMO

As he said, they were yelling at each other from under their doors. Solitary cells aren't sound proof. They can hear the yelling and screaming.

Maybe the cell was across the hall from his. The door would be open while they were cleaning the cell out.

JMO

As Tamarind said above: It's strange how everything is subject to interpretation.
I interpreted what I read and your response is just your interpretation. :) And coincidentally DM's cell may have been right across the hall...hmm. And everything said between the other inmates DM's was able to hear it all? Do you know if DM is in a cell with cells across from this fellow's cell or anyone else's cell? Do all hallways have cells across from them?

BTW yes some inmates are allowed razors for shaving in their cells. That is how they turn their cells into a bloody mess and try and commit suicide or use it as a way to get out of jail earning them a visit to the hospital if their attempt is serious enough. Incidentally picture three (Barton Street Jail) shows a shaving razor on the barred window ledge of an inmates cell. HTH. MOO.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4413905-barton-jail-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence/

Correctional Service Canada
See: PERSONAL PROPERTY OF OFFENDERS

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/plcy/cdshtm/566-12-cd-eng.shtml

Reading through this CSC site, sounds like some inmates are lucky to have all the things they are allowed in their cells. Very interesting information here. Some things made me :scared: while others made me :laughing: Is DM allowed to have a computer?

d. a maximum of twenty (20) computer floppy diskettes (1.4 MB – 3.5 in/90 mm) for inmates who possess approved computers and five (5) computer floppy diskettes for inmates accessing institutional supplied computers; and

e. cross-gender apparel or related items (if these items are authorized following consultations with a Psychologist or Physician, on a case by case basis).

Oh bother, did DM break a rule? Oh bother, I’ve forgotten who I lent my February Rolling Stones [sic] magazine to. If I ask without knowing, no one around here will speak up… I figured out who has my magazine. But, I won’t be getting it back just yet, as the range is flooded.

23. Inmates are not permitted to give, trade, loan, rent or sell personal or other property to other inmates directly or indirectly. Unauthorized exchange of property between inmates may result in a disciplinary charge.

Surely someone much be topping up his account for canteen purchases. Wouldn't you think DM would be enjoying some yummy snacks from the canteen if he doesn't like jail food?

35. The total value of canteen items allowed in an inmate's cell is limited to $90 including $20 worth of stamps. This includes canteen-like items purchased through groups approved by the Institutional Head.

Hobby Craft
44. Raw materials and tools for hobby craft items will be registered on the hobby craft permit. A monetary value will be assigned to the raw materials and tools. This value will not be included in the $1500 limit for cell effects.

From the list of miscellaneous items. Wonder if DM is allowed his man purse or if he may have switched to a fanny pack? Wonder what he use to carry in his purse? Coaxial cable? Now that could pose a serious risk IMO.

1 - Waist pouch
1 - coaxial cable (10’ maximum)

I think that subject has been touched on in the past Arnie. If they did, they don't any more. Could those glares have been mistaken for something else? ;) JMO.

Maybe I have missed something, but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to suspect that DM and MS had some feelings in that regard.

I have a feeling respective girlfriends will be quashing that unfounded rumour at the first opportunity ... :hand: MOO

It's strange how everything is subject to interpretation.

For me, DM glaring at MS could suggest that DM is wondering why his 'friend' did what he did !! DM has already said that he felt used !! He says the truth is right infront of our faces, maybe its right in front of his too when he is in court. I highly doubt that someone who is guilty and annoyed at someone ratting them out would be glaring at the rat in court !! It is far more likely in my opinion that DM would stare at the one who is responsible for the deed. JMO MOO

Or maybe he feels that they are both taking the rap for others as yet unaccounted for, and was simply hoping to send a knowing glance, but MS was unaware. Again MOO

Honestly, can we really trust DM to tell the truth?

If it was in front of everyone's face, people would have certainly figured it out by now. I suggest it has been figured out already, we're just not certain what specifically is the obvious because so much is so obvious. MOO. For heaven’s sake, it’s right in front of everyone’s faces, and no one seems to be able to figure it all out!?

Reading through this CSC site, sounds like some inmates are lucky to have all the things they are allowed in their cells. Very interesting information here. Some things made me :scared: while others made me :laughing: Is DM allowed to have a computer?

d. a maximum of twenty (20) computer floppy diskettes (1.4 MB – 3.5 in/90 mm) for inmates who possess approved computers and five (5) computer floppy diskettes for inmates accessing institutional supplied computers; and

e. cross-gender apparel or related items (if these items are authorized following consultations with a Psychologist or Physician, on a case by case basis).

Oh bother, did DM break a rule? Oh bother, I’ve forgotten who I lent my February Rolling Stones [sic] magazine to. If I ask without knowing, no one around here will speak up… I figured out who has my magazine. But, I won’t be getting it back just yet, as the range is flooded.

23. Inmates are not permitted to give, trade, loan, rent or sell personal or other property to other inmates directly or indirectly. Unauthorized exchange of property between inmates may result in a disciplinary charge.

Surely someone much be topping up his account for canteen purchases. Wouldn't you think DM would be enjoying some yummy snacks from the canteen if he doesn't like jail food?

35. The total value of canteen items allowed in an inmate's cell is limited to $90 including $20 worth of stamps. This includes canteen-like items purchased through groups approved by the Institutional Head.

Hobby Craft
44. Raw materials and tools for hobby craft items will be registered on the hobby craft permit. A monetary value will be assigned to the raw materials and tools. This value will not be included in the $1500 limit for cell effects.

From the list of miscellaneous items. Wonder if DM is allowed his man purse or if he may have switched to a fanny pack? Wonder what he use to carry in his purse? Coaxial cable? Now that could pose a serious risk IMO.

1 - Waist pouch
1 - coaxial cable (10’ maximum)

Why would someone need a purse/fanny pack or similar in jail? People use purses to carry money/passports and such items. I doubt those are needed in jail.

The canteen is not like a cafeteria where they can order a la carte. It is where they can buy requisites ie. toiletries etc, they can also buy some food but much of it is junk food. I believe DM does not like to eat junk according to earlier posts.

I am just wondering what is a risk? I doubt the jail would allow a 10' cable in a cell, is there some reason for suspecting a cable may have passed security?

Yes , I think we can trust whoever we choose, when it comes to truth.

Nothing is obvious in media reports in my opinion, as we have seen in recent posts many media articles are contradictory and others are repeats of other articles that have been changed somewhat like Chinese Whispers along the way. I find the whole case to be quite the mystery. I think DM means that most people are coming up with too much of the hype fuelled obviouses and not any right there in your face obviouses. But for some, the most obvious is not too obvious to others and I think thats why the actual true obvious is not coming across as obvious.

As Tamarind said above: It's strange how everything is subject to interpretation.
I interpreted what I read and your response is just your interpretation. :) And coincidentally DM's cell may have been right across the hall...hmm. And everything said between the other inmates DM's was able to hear it all? Do you know if DM is in a cell with cells across from this fellow's cell or anyone else's cell? Do all hallways have cells across from them?

BTW yes some inmates are allowed razors for shaving in their cells. That is how they turn their cells into a bloody mess and try and commit suicide or use it as a way to get out of jail earning them a visit to the hospital if their attempt is serious enough. Incidentally picture three (Barton Street Jail) shows a shaving razor on the barred window ledge of an inmates cell. HTH. MOO.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4413905-barton-jail-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence/

Correctional Service Canada
See: PERSONAL PROPERTY OF OFFENDERS

What's subject to interpretation? It says right in the letter "They were yelling at each other at the top of their lungs, from under their doors. They got into revealing each other’s dirty secrets."

I don't know if there were cells across from him or if all hallways have cells on both sides. That's why I said "maybe".

Respectfully, most inmates commit suicide by asphyxiation (usually hanging).

http://www.oci-bec.gc.ca/cnt/rpt/oth-aut/oth-aut20140910-eng.aspx

Your link regarding razors refers to federal correctional centres, not provincial detention centres where over-crowding is such a problem. If they do allow them to keep the razors in their cells, no wonder there are so many assaults and the lawsuits are growing. But I have to wonder, if they are allowed to keep them, why a prison would go on lock-down to search for razors that are reported missing. Maybe, the one in the picture is waiting to be collected by the guards?

http://www.ombudsman.on.ca/Investigations/SORT-Investigations/Completed/The-Code.aspx?lang=en-CA

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member