Related Issues and Food for Thought

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and everywhere one says something negative about him for alleged arrogance and alleged wealth and is just jealous of him. Rarely have I read something nice about DM, I have noticed only just hateful envy. I don't mean WS but social network and comments to newspaper articles.

Wealth - the lottery here is advertised with the tag line "imagine the freedom"...it's horrifying to think that if someone could do anything they wanted, that they would kill.

Duty - the wealth didn't come for free: his family members expected that DM uphold the family name and achieve. He didn't.

I think most parents have high expectations for their children , I would consider that normal , prompting kids to do more and more is also typical parenting.

Dellen eating dog biscuits while walking the school hallways was likely a prank , all you have to do is bake some milkbone shaped cookies , put them in a milkbone box and freak your friends out.

Google "moose turds" for another cookie popular with kids.

I refuse to try moose turds, but I did eat Dr. Ballards coloured dog biscuits when I was a kid. Pretty rainbow colours they were, and didn't taste all that bad either ;)

Well there ya have it folks ... that explains a lot about me.

Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post

Alethea Dice:
If that's the case, that's a very ambitious undertaking for a boy of 14 just to get attention. JMO

If you look at the photo of CM and DM with the insignia in grandpa's hands, then you see a joyously beaming Carl and a skeptical-friendly Dellen. Seemingly it was grandpa Carl's success more than Dellen's. IMO

This photo?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QKSlXW04JuY/UZDSrfCZ7JI/AAAAAAAAm2U/FwfiBz1G59A/s1600/8e3e84d24747aac726d62a78ad57.jpg

He doesn't appear skeptical to me. And he seems quite happy in the video.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/13/video-accused-dellen-millard-flying-helicopter-at-age-14/

JMO

If that's the case, that's a very ambitious undertaking for a boy of 14 just to get attention. JMO

The "dynasty" apparently could still afford lots of high priced things after DM left school - things like a $6 hangar for instance. JMO

I've seen no evidence anywhere that money was made from any parties. Nor that he bought the toys "for" people - only that he bought things that were available for his friends to enjoy. JMO

I thought it was a common belief here that DM never saw dollar signs in the MRO and never wanted it. I would hope he would be paid for attending meetings, whether on his own or on behalf of his father. What's the point in having a business if you pay everyone but yourself? JMO

From the pictures I've seen, I'm not convinced it was DM who took the puppy or kept the puppy. JMO

You're suggesting he was going to marry her for her house? When he already had property worth that and more? The one she listed for sale during the time of their break-up? That's odd timing. DM seemed to have some money to travel with as well. How do you know she didn't travel for her career? Why is it an issue that people like to, and can, travel? JMO

His friend did have a licence. Not sure why you would think he didn't. He wasn't charged with driving without a licence, he was charged with driving under the influence. Perhaps the friend didn't drive because he had other things planned for the the test drive that would be easier for him if he wasn't driving. Perhaps that's also why his friend kept his hoodie up. JMO

Perhaps there's nothing in the MSM because LE quit releasing information after MS was arrested. There is nothing in MSM about the evidence collected for the other two murders either, yet many are convinced that they were both murders and that DM committed them both. Lots of people with petty crimes have committed murders and been convicted for them. I have a feeling that Tori Stafford's family and possibly even Jeremy Cook's family might disagree with you on that one. JMO

Why would DM lose out financially by leaving the family home? Surely you don't think WM was so controlling that he wouldn't even let his son move out without cutting him out of the will. If things were that bad at home, I would think WM would have rewarded him for leaving, rather than penalizing him. JMO

Ambition on his grandfather and father's part. They encouraged him and perhaps gave him a big head by telling DM how famous he would become. He would make the world record books, people would idolize him. At 14 kids can be pretty naive and many do things to seek attention. Eating dog biscuits, and making silly faces in school photos comes to mind.

That six million dollar hangar was in 2011, long after DM left school, five years after CM passed away, HTH. I have to assume a huge chunk of the hangar funding came from CM's estate. TWT.

Politicians spent part of the money to support Millardair, which proposed storing and repairing jetliners inside a hangar it built for $6.4 million in 2011.

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/688568/waterloo-region-spent-5-4m-on-millardair/

Either have I but doesn't mean it didn't happen or was not a possibly the parties were money makers. Ticket sales, drug sales, maybe alcohol sales ;)

He spread his wealth around freely with his friends, said Benoît Ménardo, a friend of Mr. Millard who lives in France.

“He didn’t count money or anything, when he was at a restaurant, he was always paying, always organizing things,”

He bought his friends Seadoos and traveled with them widely in Greece, Alaska and France, he said.

But Mr. Millard never mentioned how he was affording it or what he did for a job, he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says

Common belief he saw no more in it and therefore had no interest in it. He wanted money here and now and didn't want to wait to see if the hangar would succeed, nor did he want to work, nor was he happy WM took the risk. That's why he folded MA so quickly after he murdered his father. DM hoped to salvage some money.

Why should DM have been paid for the meeting when it was only a potential at that particular meeting. I doubt any of the other interested parties got paid.

In the summer of 2010, Millard, then 24, attended a business meeting at the local airport, east of Kitchener. There he represented his father Wayne and their family aviation business Millardair, founded by his grandfather Carl.

Eight others joined Dellen Millard in the boardroom on the second floor of the passenger terminal, according to an account of the meeting obtained by The Record.

Airport manager Chris Wood was negotiating with Millardair at the time. Both parties had reason to strike a deal.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4486045-bosma-case-big-hangar-bold-plan-total-disaster-/

He also misses his dog, a Mexican street hound he picked up on his travels. HTH AD.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

Nope necessarily her house, but money period. Maybe she did travel for her career, quite likely. Did I say it was an issue about people travelling? I love to travel myself and have done so quite extensively. Just pointing out indications his ex had some wealth, something DM wanted also. IMO DM was money hungry and not willing to work for financial gain. HTH and MOO.

His friend? Are you referring to MS? I know what MS was charged with and all the charges against him. Charges of impaired also include losing your driver's license for a term. Perhaps the friend wasn't driving because it wasn't him who wanted to steal TB's truck and murder him. IIRC LE have suggested it may have been MS who exited TB's truck and got into DM's Yukon which followed TB's truck with DM driving. MS may not even been present shortly after they drove away and TB was murdered. BTW it's not uncommon for a wannabe ganster to go around with their hoods up. Maybe MS was suffering from drug withdrawal and was chilly therefore he put his hood up. OR DM told him they were going to steal a truck and he was ok with theft but did not know the truck's owner was going to be murdered. Perhaps DM told him to put his hood up because he knew if MS could be identified and captured, MS would cooperate with LE and give up DM's identity. Seems MS is a follower where DM is a leader type IMO.

He was convicted of drug possession in 2005 and 2006, for failing to comply twice in 2006 and impaired driving in 2009.

He is also facing a charge of mischief for allegedly spray-painting a highway overpass.

http://globalnews.ca/news/585372/who-is-mark-smich/

What is impaired driving?
Impaired driving means operating a vehicle (including cars, trucks, boats, snowmobiles and off-road vehicles) while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
It is a crime under the Criminal Code of Canada and the consequences are serious. You may:
lose your licence
have your vehicle impounded
need to pay an administrative monetary penalty
need to attend an education or treatment program
be fined upon conviction
be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle
spend time in jail

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired-driving.shtml

And rightfully justified MSM stopped releasing information to do with this case, in case you forgot, there was a publication ban put into effect and everyone wants to see justice for TB, LB and WM. LE quit releasing info also because they believed they had their POI and murderer in custody. I have a feeling that Tori and Jeremy's families would frown upon and be heartbroken over people who vigorously defend murderers.

DM would lose out financially by leaving his father's house because his father's money wouldn't be readily available to him. Perhaps DM feared his father may changed his will and leave his alleged fiancée beneficiary. Paranoia ;) No I don't think it was a case of WM was controlling DM wanting him to stay. DM knew where the money was and leaving posed a potential threat of losing out on what he stood to inherit. Could it be WM tried to get DM to leave his house but DM refused only to drag more squatters into WM's home? WM would not stock his fridge and cupboards for good reason. ;) Keep this in mind, it's appearing pretty obvious DM murdered his father for financial gain. ALL MOO.

In the past, Dellen had had other friends live in the basement, and although his father was not happy with this communal living situation, he never kicked anyone out. Instead, Wayne used tactics like not stocking the fridge in the hopes that this would make the basement a less attractive crash pad.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/dellen-millard/page/2

I refuse to try moose turds, but I did eat Dr. Ballards coloured dog biscuits when I was a kid. Pretty rainbow colours they were, and didn't taste all that bad either ;)

Well there ya have it folks ... that explains a lot about me.

The ones I found sound quite tasty - chocolate, molasses, Grand Marnier, banana, currents or raisins - mmmm. Put red and green sprinkles on them and they become reindeer turds. :)

I think most parents have high expectations for their children , I would consider that normal , prompting kids to do more and more is also typical parenting.

Dellen eating dog biscuits while walking the school hallways was likely a prank , all you have to do is bake some milkbone shaped cookies , put them in a milkbone box and freak your friends out.

Google "moose turds" for another cookie popular with kids.

Most loving, nurturing and caring parents have expectation of their children. Unfortunately there are some parents who leave their children to fend for themselves because they are too focused on their own lives. I think it becomes a bit more of a struggle and challenge for parents who have high needs children, where they really have to guide their children more so then parents of average/normal child. MOO.

Hahaha Arnie, moose turd cookies. Were you planning on making some ;) If so, let me know how they turn out. :D Perhaps DM was pranking his school mates by baking dog biscuit cookie but somehow I doubt it. Attention seeking at its finest IMO.

I didn't think he looked skeptical so much as maybe shy or embarrassed for the attention.

Hmm fair skinned, red headed people tend to turn red in the face when embarrassed. Certainly not embarrassed for the attention. MOO.

Wealth - the lottery here is advertised with the tag line "imagine the freedom"...it's horrifying to think that if someone could do anything they wanted, that they would kill.

Duty - the wealth didn't come for free: his family members expected that DM uphold the family name and achieve. He didn't.

BBM And it wasn't even his wealth. No indication DM even attempted to earn a portion of CM and WM's monies. Unless of course having a name plate on an office door or desk with his name followed by CEO qualifies. Or being a thorn in the side of MA employees. :D
MOO.

Ambition on his grandfather and father's part. They encouraged him and perhaps gave him a big head by telling DM how famous he would become. He would make the world record books, people would idolize him. At 14 kids can be pretty naive and many do things to seek attention. Eating dog biscuits, and making silly faces in school photos comes to mind.

Silly faces and dog biscuits doesn't really take the effort that was involved in the solo flights.

That six million dollar hangar was in 2011, long after DM left school, five years after CM passed away, HTH.

Yes, that's what I said. It was you who said:

He finished school, apparently because he believed and was told the Millard dynasty was coming to an end and his parents told him without an education there's not much in the way of a fulfilling career without at least a grade 12 education.
HTH

He bought his friends Seadoos and traveled with them widely in Greece, Alaska and France, he said.

Interesting. Do you suppose that friend who was talking just packed the Seadoo up on the plane and took it back to France with him?

DM hoped to salvage some money.

Can't blame him for that.

Why should DM have been paid for the meeting when it was only a potential at that particular meeting. I doubt any of the other interested parties got paid.

You can bet your booty they were. I get paid for meetings I attend. Our clients get paid when they attend meetings. If we have a meeting with a service provider (such as a designer or an IT company), we pay them for their time in the meeting. I'm pretty confident the airport manager and government representatives were paid as well.

Nope necessarily her house, but money period. Maybe she did travel for her career, quite likely. Did I say it was an issue about people travelling? I love to travel myself and have done so quite extensively. Just pointing out indications his ex had some wealth, something DM wanted also.

I can't see that being much of a concern to him at the time they were dating. We'll have to agree to disagree.

His friend? Are you referring to MS? I know what MS was charged with and all the charges against him. Charges of impaired also include losing your driver's license for a term.

I assumed you were referring to MS, since you said why didn't he drive it himself. You don't lose your licence for 4 years on a first time offence. The charge was in 2009. HTH

IIRC LE have suggested it may have been MS who exited TB's truck and got into DM's Yukon which followed TB's truck with DM driving.

Actually, no. What LE said was:

“As an investigator, you always talk about tunnel vision and I think it’d be tunnel vision for me to say that I definitely believe there’s a third person or to say there wasn’t,” Staff Sergeant Matt Kavanagh said Wednesday. “It’s possible that there’s only two involved and it’s also possible that there may have been a third. And so we’re looking into that and we still have some doors to shut, some avenues of investigation.”

HTH

And rightfully justified MSM stopped releasing information to do with this case, in case you forgot, there was a publication ban put into effect and everyone wants to see justice for TB, LB and WM. LE quit releasing info also because they believed they had their POI and murderer in custody.

I know there is a publication ban, but thanks anyway. However, the ban started when the court dates started. LE quit releasing information prior to that, when they arrested MS. That's perfectly normal. And that's why you've heard nothing further about the evidence in regards to MS's involvement. HTH

I have a feeling that Tori and Jeremy's families would frown upon and be heartbroken over people who vigorously defend murderers.

Perhaps they would be. But that hasn't stopped you from coming up with lots of excuses for MS. Not too sure how that's any less or different than anything that's been said in defense of DM.

DM would lose out financially by leaving his father's house because his father's money wouldn't be readily available to him. Perhaps DM feared his father may changed his will and leave his alleged fiancée beneficiary.

DM's name was already on the house three years before WM died. That would be the first time that I've ever heard of a family leaving their estate to an ex-fiance. Again, if his father wanted him out of the house, why would he cut him off if he left? There should have been no fear of that. It might work better the other way around.

All JMO

Do you think the "why" will be answered at trial or will we have to wait for ABro's book for that insight or...?

Silly faces and dog biscuits doesn't really take the effort that was involved in the solo flights.

Yes, that's what I said. It was you who said:

HTH

Interesting. Do you suppose that friend who was talking just packed the Seadoo up on the plane and took it back to France with him?

Can't blame him for that.

You can bet your booty they were. I get paid for meetings I attend. Our clients get paid when they attend meetings. If we have a meeting with a service provider (such as a designer or an IT company), we pay them for their time in the meeting. I'm pretty confident the airport manager and government representatives were paid as well.

I can't see that being much of a concern to him at the time they were dating. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I assumed you were referring to MS, since you said why didn't he drive it himself. You don't lose your licence for 4 years on a first time offence. The charge was in 2009. HTH

Actually, no. What LE said was:

HTH

I know there is a publication ban, but thanks anyway. However, the ban started when the court dates started. LE quit releasing information prior to that, when they arrested MS. That's perfectly normal. And that's why you've heard nothing further about the evidence in regards to MS's involvement. HTH

Perhaps they would be. But that hasn't stopped you from coming up with lots of excuses for MS. Not too sure how that's any less or different than anything that's been said in defense of DM.

DM's name was already on the house three years before WM died. That would be the first time that I've ever heard of a family leaving their estate to an ex-fiance. Again, if his father wanted him out of the house, why would he cut him off if he left? There should have been no fear of that. It might work better the other way around.

All JMO

In case you missed the ultimate word AD the article says friendS. Seems DM boosted to his France buddy about buying his friends. I have no doubt the France buddy acquired one from DM while DM vaycaed in his country ;)

Can't blame DM for salvaging someone else's money. Then he wouldn't have to look for and find a really job for a while...if at all. Just murder people and take their belongings.

No doubt DM was paid by MA, money being a big incentive. WM probably paid him handsomely, otherwise DM may not have attended.

They were no longer dating, they were engaged. I'm sure the choice in partner and money played a very big role, disagree if you like.

If MS had his license he would have been the one to test drive the truck not DM. IF he didn't have his license why would what a truck? Deny if you like, but I will go on the theory DM wanted the truck and it was all his idea.

Something to really consider, after MS was arrested he spoke to LE giving them the information they needed to put to rest there was no third suspect. And so we’re looking into that and we still have some doors to shut, some avenues of investigation.” LE were able to shut that door. That is why we have never heard of the third suspect....until CN was charged. Of course not for that night, but on other charges.

While I may post theories MS might be an innocent dupe, I've also made many comments that if he was involved, I hope he pays for his involvement. <modsnip>

ALL MOO.

I personally think that neither will tell us anything until the publications bans are lifted. Then I'll trust the official source, the trial itself.

Red headed? I do believe that's the sun. JMO

DM had red hair in his younger years, and yes fair skin people typically turns red in the face when embarrassed. HTH.

Google red hair and see images. Quite the assortment of shades of red/auburn. MOO.

Do you think the "why" will be answered at trial or will we have to wait for ABro's book for that insight or...?

Snooper do you think the "why will be answered at trial? I'm interested in hearing your logical and well thought out answer. TIA.

Snooper do you think the "why" will be answered at trial? I'm interested in hearing your logical and well thought out answer. TIA.

You mean my regular stupid answers won't do?

I don't think any trial has ever determined the entire story. I think the trial is going to take 4-5 months to answer the who-what-where-when-how, but there is no obligation for the court to show why, and it may even be out of the scope of a trial.

Lots of interesting bits are out of the scope of the trial, like all the court dates in the past couple years that have been under publication ban, the debate over what is admissible at trial, the story of the police investigation which may have been botched. (Both TB and DM had LE relatives so you wonder about that there too.)

I suppose we will meet all the people currently made anonymous by publication ban at trial.

I'm excited about ABro's book simply to see the story and the case laid out in chronological order. She also has access to people and the courts and other journalists that no one else here has. Even after the trial, I am sure ABro will have new-to-me info because of this.

You mean my regular stupid answers won't do?

I don't think any trial has ever determined the entire story. I think the trial is going to take 4-5 months to answer the who-what-where-when-how, but there is no obligation for the court to show why, and it may even be out of the scope of a trial.

Lots of interesting bits are out of the scope of the trial, like all the court dates in the past couple years that have been under publication ban, the debate over what is admissible at trial, the story of the police investigation which may have been botched. (Both TB and DM had LE relatives so you wonder about that there too.)

I suppose we will meet all the people currently made anonymous by publication ban at trial.

I'm excited about ABro's book simply to see the story and the case laid out in chronological order. She also has access to people and the courts and other journalists that no one else here has. Even after the trial, I am sure ABro will have new-to-me info because of this.

:silly: I've read some stupid answers but cannot remember where they came from, was that you Snooper? :laughing: JK hahaha.

I agree, the trial(s) won't giving us the entire story and understandably so. As for the why...I think that will come from one of the accused on the witness stand. As long as we get the facts of who was the driving force behind the murders that's important. IMO I believe many of us know that answer already. They are going to be quite the trials, lots of twists and turns and finger pointing. MR's trial took two and a half months, but this one is more in depth, involving many more people, so you're probably correct, four or five months for one trial.

I don't know, I have faith LE didn't botch TB's murder investigation. Or are you meaning LB and WM's murder investigation? It certainly will be interesting to find out how LE mistook WM's murder for suicide. But it's not surprising that happened. WM's is not the only one this has happened to. Hmmm LB, the system failed her early on. Let's hope they can make up for it and to her loved ones by bring about justice and finding her killer(s) guilty. I have faith it will happen.

I am also excited for ABro's book when it comes out after the trial(s). She will do a fantastic job writing it no doubt. Look at the information she discovered and shared with us in the past. Her information has shed a bit of clearer light on who DM is and we'll have a true picture via her book. What DM's childhood was like, what WM and MB were like as parents and people in general, what made DM turn into the alleged serial killer, the financial clarification of MA, the chop shop, how DM and MS became known to each other, MS's background, LB's background and how she got tangled up with DM, all the women in DM's life, the ex fiancée, his cheating ways, Josie's story, his photography interest and who else he may have photographed....and certainly much more.

The trial(s) are coming up fast and justice is just around the corner. :great:
ALL MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members