Related Issues and Food for Thought

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think him stopping deliveries to the hangar is telling as well. He didn't want people showing up there.

Wonder what DM was hiding in the hangar he didn't want the delivery person/people to see. The alleged chop shop had been there for a while so I doubt that was it. MOO.

Wonder what DM was hiding in the hangar he didn't want the delivery person/people to see. The alleged chop shop had been there for a while so I doubt that was it. MOO.

Ironically he claimed to have plans for the hangar but 6 months after the death of his father, it doesn't appear that any of those plans were being worked on. From what I understand, he had one employee? Who was a car mechanic? Were there any other people working at the hangar as of May 2013?

He planned to turn the company’s new hangar into a “fixed base of operations” — a kind of hotel for airplanes offering parking space, fuel services and car rentals.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

Was he planning on renting out the cars that were in pieces in the hangar? Did he hire a consultant to try to get the new idea off the ground? I thought I recalled an ad for renting out the hangar? Was that ad placed before or after DM was arrested?

MOO

Youtube is full of videos of kids even younger than 14 flying solo. And a lot of them probably had to help earn the money for their flying lessons so they probably couldn't get all those hours in over a summer to set a record. I don't think most pilots of either type of aircraft would consider themselves "gifted". And apparently he needed some off road lessons since he couldn't keep his vehicle in the Baja race for more than 4km without flipping it so he wasn't proficient with the complex theories of all vehicles it seems.

DM "employed" one or two mechanics (not sure if AM was ever employed by DM but he certainly did a lot of work on cars for him). For what I'm not sure considering he didn't own a car repair business that I'm aware of. So I'd say he wasn't very mechanically inclined and needed a lot of help to get those cars the way he wanted them.

Just pointing out that the grammar and spelling errors that DM displayed do not appear to make him "gifted", nor someone who needed to be advanced in school. That has nothing to do with the intelligence level of WS posters.

Doesn't appear that he made many friends in school so what difference would it have made if he was advanced because he was "gifted"? It seems that not only was he not advanced to finish school ahead of his peer group, he dropped out and left his peer group to graduate without him. If his parents were concerned about him making friends in his age group, they should have sent him to his local public school so he would be amongst the peers who lived in his neighbourhood.

Other than the flying, which was probably his grandfather's dream, what engaging subjects were his parent's teaching him outside of school?

MOO

Great post Kamille :) You're right Kamille, Youtube is full of kids who fly and so is Google. Some articles I found of interest. In DM's case it was perhaps more about the urging and convenience of being in the thick of planes and helicopters. Flying was in WM and CM's blood and DM was urged into flying, perhaps with the suggestion DM was going to be rich and famous one day, not because DM had a gift for flying. I'm not denying it's not tricky to fly such machines, but keep in mind it is easier to learn things when you're young. MOO.

Young pilot has high hopes for record. Ontario teen prepares for solo flight across country in amphibious plane

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/110996-young-pilot-has-high-hopes-for-record

Taking flight! Teen becomes youngest licensed plane and copter pilot

http://www.today.com/news/taking-flight-teen-becomes-youngest-licensed-plane-copter-pilot-6C10536931

So the training worked! Chinese boy forced to play in snow by 'Eagle Dad' becomes youngest person to fly a plane unassisted at the age of 5

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-5-youngest-person-fly-plane-unassisted.html

YOUNG EAGLES flight training for ages 8-17

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation.../eaa-youth-education/eaa-young-eagles-program

Ironically he claimed to have plans for the hangar but 6 months after the death of his father, it doesn't appear that any of those plans were being worked on. From what I understand, he had one employee? Who was a car mechanic? Were there any other people working at the hangar as of May 2013?

He planned to turn the company’s new hangar into a “fixed base of operations” — a kind of hotel for airplanes offering parking space, fuel services and car rentals.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

Was he planning on renting out the cars that were in pieces in the hangar? Did he hire a consultant to try to get the new idea off the ground? I thought I recalled an ad for renting out the hangar? Was that ad placed before or after DM was arrested?

MOO

AFAIK you can't sign a lease for land for your MRO and then unilaterally turn around and tell the Region that you're aiming for an FBO. I think as soon as WM died and the MRO shut down the Region saw him as a problem and wanted him outta there because there was no way DM was going to fulfill the original promise to the Region of an MRO bringing 40 jobs.

When the M's ran the FBO at Toronto they only had 5 employees and that would be a deal breaker to the Region, who expected more economic activity for their investments.

I think this is why DM was forced to sell the hangar. He may have wanted to turn it into an FBO but if the Region did not accept this DM would be SOL.

I don't know how interesting the first 14 years of DM's life are but the second 14 years included killing three times in the space of 10 months from the ages of 26-27. World record at 14, 14 years later he's setting records of another kind.

I've seen no indication that DM was a "gifted" student who was bored in school because he learned things quicker than his peers. In fact, he seems to be lacking in the basic skills of spelling and grammar based on some of his writings that we've been privy to. He does not appear to be artistic, musically nor mechanically inclined either.

I also do not think that parents who were okay with allowing their 14yr old child to fast track flying lessons to set a record would have a problem with the same child advancing grades to keep him from being bored in school.

Of course this is just my opinion only.

FWIW, many schools no longer advance children to higher grades. They leave them to wallow in boredom. Which seems to be why Gabby changed schools. Having known a gifted student, I can understand the frustrations these children face and the problems it can cause.

I personally don't find DM's spelling and grammar nearly as bad as most his age these days. And certainly no reflection of his intelligence.

JMO

MOO

Well, he made it as far as meeting with the airport manager to discuss those plans.

Wood says he last met with Dellen Millard in March, three months after he had taken over the company following the death of his father, Wayne Millard.
They talked about Millard’s plans for the future of the company, which Wood recalls as potentially including a new tenant or different commercial business within the confines of the 50-year lease.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/activity-at-millard-air-hangar-not-what-airport-boss-expected-1.1302652

Youtube is full of videos of kids even younger than 14 flying solo. And a lot of them probably had to help earn the money for their flying lessons so they probably couldn't get all those hours in over a summer to set a record. I don't think most pilots of either type of aircraft would consider themselves "gifted". And apparently he needed some off road lessons since he couldn't keep his vehicle in the Baja race for more than 4km without flipping it so he wasn't proficient with the complex theories of all vehicles it seems.

DM "employed" one or two mechanics (not sure if AM was ever employed by DM but he certainly did a lot of work on cars for him). For what I'm not sure considering he didn't own a car repair business that I'm aware of. So I'd say he wasn't very mechanically inclined and needed a lot of help to get those cars the way he wanted them.

Just pointing out that the grammar and spelling errors that DM displayed do not appear to make him "gifted", nor someone who needed to be advanced in school. That has nothing to do with the intelligence level of WS posters.

Doesn't appear that he made many friends in school so what difference would it have made if he was advanced because he was "gifted"? It seems that not only was he not advanced to finish school ahead of his peer group, he dropped out and left his peer group to graduate without him. If his parents were concerned about him making friends in his age group, they should have sent him to his local public school so he would be amongst the peers who lived in his neighbourhood.

Other than the flying, which was probably his grandfather's dream and something that he appeared to stop doing as soon as he set that record, what engaging subjects were his parent's teaching him outside of school?

MOO

I managed to find a couple that were under 14, but neither were solo flights.

It's apparent that he continued to fly helicopters, which was more his interest anyway.

JMO

Well, he made it as far as meeting with the airport manager to discuss those plans.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/activity-at-millard-air-hangar-not-what-airport-boss-expected-1.1302652

Clearly the Region saw the failure of MA as a problem:

Wayne Millard died on Nov. 29, 2012. Chris Wood announced it by email on Dec. 4, 2012: "Wayne Millard passed away on Thursday last week, and his son Dellan (sic) has decided to shut down the business. All employees were laid off as of today. Jeff (Schelling, regional government lawyer) will be discussing the next steps with the bank and Millard's legal council. There is never a dull moment around here, that's for sure."

http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story...aster-inside-the-secret-millard-negotiations/

The sale of the lease of the former Millard Air hangar to Chartright brings to an end a nearly two-year search for a new tenant for the building.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...akes-over-former-millard-air-hangar-1.3019314

It sounds like the Region knew they wanted MA out as soon as WM died.

Well, yes, it's called Search Engine Optimization, but it's still based on the use of meta tags and keywords.

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Yes, 25 years ago it was based on keywords and meta tags, but if you read the link I provided (which apparently you did not) now metrics such as the number of times people choose to click through on your link instead of others counts in the page ranking of your website.

Keep thinking like it's 1990!

Yes, 25 years ago it was based on keywords and meta tags, but if you read the link I provided (which apparently you did not) now metrics such as the number of times people choose to click through on your link instead of others counts in the page ranking of your website.

Keep thinking like it's 1990!

Your link was about SEO reports that will show you how your site is doing for position and click through rates. It can help you to improve your site to raise your position and get more hits.

My link (from 2010 BTW) was how to use SEO to attain the position and get more hits. If you hire a professional website designer to build your website, they will provide you with a list of keywords to use in your content that will help your site attain that.

Just look through a content list page of this site and it will show you the number of keywords used in the tags on various threads. Or do a search of "AB tags" and you will see how often she uses a title tag in her urls.

Totally agree. Regardless of DM's plans, they wanted him out.

One question canceled. :)

Next question: Why couldn't it be framing to have DM entangled in a spectacular murder case (or even 2 more cases) with the evidence 100% clear: HIS tattoo, HIS Yukon, HIS phone, HIS hangar, HIS dream house land, HIS mother's driveway, HIS trailer, HIS incinerator, HIS barn, HIS friend MS, HIS ex-girlfriend LB, HIS father, ... and so on.
Did "they" perhaps already want Wayne out including his heir and son?

I don't know how interesting the first 14 years of DM's life are but the second 14 years included killing three times in the space of 10 months from the ages of 26-27. World record at 14, 14 years later he's setting records of another kind.

IF he is the murderer, then you are so right.

MOO
http://globalnews.ca/news/561827/who-is-dellen-millard/

Who is Dellen Millard?

The company was originally an airline, but has since become an airline services company, specializing in airplane maintenance.

It appears the legendary aviation services business recently fell on hard times: In a March 23 post on a blog for the Canadian Owners and Pilots Association in Ottawa, a man writing under the name Robert Kozlowski was looking for renters.

“I’m trying to get the word out about the availability of our hangar at Kitchener/Waterloo Airport,” he wrote. “You might know the history behind the Millard family and how they have contributed to Canadian aviation.”

Kozlowski added that just as the company’s latest venture was getting started, “the president Wayne Millard passed away and the family decided to shut down the MRO.

“That has left the family with a very large hangar and we are looking for tenants.”

The contact information identified Kozlowski as vice-president of operations for MillardAir, and is identical to that on the MillardAir website.

"The Koz" is a Management Consultant, if I'm right.

FWIW, many schools no longer advance children to higher grades. They leave them to wallow in boredom. Which seems to be why Gabby changed schools. Having known a gifted student, I can understand the frustrations these children face and the problems it can cause.

I personally don't find DM's spelling and grammar nearly as bad as most his age these days. And certainly no reflection of his intelligence.

JMO

Those who change schools to move into a more advanced programs to prevent boredom usually move TO private schools, not drop out of them just as the final grades start getting more difficult.

He was relegated to getting a high school diploma, at his parents insistence, from an "alternative" high school.

I stand by my original opinion that nothing I've seen so far on this forum indicates that Dellen Millard was a "gifted" individual.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member