Relationships with family after being released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Damien has made one phone call to his family, and then he changed his number. Though I believe they are guilty I felt sorry for Pam Sitting in a wheel chair waiting for her son to give her a hug. Which she did not get, she did not even get invited to the party.

About a year ago Pam and Michele started a blog, someone asked Michele when was the last time you seen Damien, Michele replied that the last time she went to the prison someone else's name was on the register as sister and she was not allowed to see Damien.

I have no respect for Damien Echols, Family should come first.

I've read Amanda Hobbs journal, and read about the things her father did to her, including beating her so hard when she was pregnant that she lost the baby. And, of course, we all know what he did to his brother in law. I have no respect for Terry Hobbs, because he is responsible for the death of an unborn child, beating up a 15 year old girl and shooting a man in the stomach, (who later died from his injuries).

From what Cappuccino posted, and I've read parts of Amanda's journals, too, and I know the criminal history of Terry Hobbs. I know what Joe and Bruce said about payments, and I know that TH is a consummate liar because he has been caught in so many lies. Even Pam has talked about how much he lies. Therefore, I don't believe anything he says.

Saddoll said that s/he is friends with him. Therefore, I must assume that his/her information comes from him. I guess it's all in who you believe. I don't believe Hobbs. I believe him to be manipulative, however, and a very convincing liar. Obviously Sadoll has bought into his lies.

From what Cappuccino posted, and I've read parts of Amanda's journals, too, and I know the criminal history of Terry Hobbs. I know what Joe and Bruce said about payments, and I know that TH is a consummate liar because he has been caught in so many lies. Even Pam has talked about how much he lies. Therefore, I don't believe anything he says.

Saddoll said that s/he is friends with him. Therefore, I must assume that his/her information comes from him. I guess it's all in who you believe. I don't believe Hobbs. I believe him to be manipulative, however, and a very convincing liar. Obviously Sadoll has bought into his lies.

I watched the 2007 police interview and then the Pasdar Dep.He was lying so much that I couldn't help but chuckle.Lying his drawers off!

I watched the 2007 police interview and then the Pasdar Dep.He was lying so much that I couldn't help but chuckle.Lying his drawers off!

I think that those two videos more than anything else prove to me that he is the most likely suspect in the murders. Since I wasn't there, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm at about the 98 - 99% level! Good enough, don't you think?

I think that those two videos more than anything else prove to me that he is the most likely suspect in the murders. Since I wasn't there, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm at about the 98 - 99% level! Good enough, don't you think?

It seems you are basing your belief in his guilt on things Damien also did. Lying constantly, for example. You constantly say we shouldn't use Damien's crazy behavior as an indicator of his guilt. Yet we should for Hobbs. Why the double standard?

It seems you are basing your belief in his guilt on things Damien also did. Lying constantly, for example. You constantly say we shouldn't use Damien's crazy behavior as an indicator of his guilt. Yet we should for Hobbs. Why the double standard?

First, Damien wasn't lying. Hobbs was. Jacoby has contradicted Hobbs' alibi for a critical time frame (6:30 - 7:00 pm on May 5, 1993). Hobbs tried to use Pam to support his statement about seeing a black bum (a statement made after his mtDNA was found under Michael Moore's ligature), but Pam didn't support his statement. Hobbs' timeline on May 5, 1993 is full of misinformation. There's the 6:30 - 7:00 time that Jacoby doesn't verify. He tries to say that he met JMB at 7 pm when JMB puts the meeting much later (about 8:00) and says that Hobbs left about a half hour later to pick up Pam. However, Hobbs didn't arrive at Catfish Island until 9:15 or so. That's a gap in his timeline, 8:30 - 9:15. And, he tries to maintain that he was with someone the entire time.

Second, Damien was a teenager at the time. Hobbs wasn't. As I have repeatedly pointed out, teenagers often say bizarre things that rational adults never would.

My problem is when people try to use Damien's juvenile mental health records (that were exaggerated by the doctor who testified during the penalty phase [Wells?] in an effort to reduce the sentence) to prove that he was a raving maniac, a psychotic killer who was responsible for three child murders. This simply isn't true. There is no other evidence against Damien, so people try to point to the mental health records which played no part in his conviction to justify their belief in his guilt. IMO, it is disingenuous to say the least and fear mongering at its worst.

I always wondered if Damien kept close to his stepfather or what his relationship was like with him before the arrests. In PL1 his stepfather seems to speak passionately of how he cares for Damien, and some of the footage of him at the trials does as well.

I think Echols has the same problem many deadbeat dads have, they need to learn how to be a man during the daytime and not just at night. Given his attitude that's something he will never take responsibility for. His son may not want to have anything to do with him either and I really can't blame him one single bit.

I thought I read somewhere that Baldwin's mother and siblings attended the 'after party'. Echols family were left sitting outside the courtroom waiting for him to just say hello, but he snuffed them. I really think they might be better off staying as far away from his as possible considering his past performances at their home and then the murdering and butchering of 3 cub scouts.

That's the kind of relative I'd really want to avoid, but I do find it odd that Echols thinks he's too good for them now.
I think Damien Echol's family didn't try to crash the star-studded after party because it was dark outside at that time. They were possibly too afraid to attend in the dark with Damien r/t his very serious diagnoses of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

I think it's dangerous to suggests family members of a mentally
disordered person (if ,in the case of Damien he was not misdiagnosed,which I believe he was) should be afraid of that person.

I think it's dangerous to suggests family members of a mentally
disordered person (if ,in the case of Damien he was not misdiagnosed,which I believe he was) should be afraid of that person.

I didn't find it dangerous.I thought the post was laughable.

As for relationships between the free three and the victims family Jason just posted a moving post on facebook that he met with Pam,Amanda and Byers.

if i were damien, i don't know that i could have much of a relationship with his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back