Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!

Sources: 'Bone Trail' Found Through Woods Near Anthony Home
Investigators Confirm Child's Body Wrapped Inside Plastic Bag
POSTED: 5:32 pm EST December 14, 2008
UPDATED: 5:44 pm EST December 14, 2008

<snipped>
ORLANDO, Fla. -- All weekend, two official sources who spoke to WESH 2 News on the condition of anonymity, said they have been recovering more human remains in the wooded area along Suburban Drive near the home of missing Caylee Anthony.

According to one investigator, at least two dozen bones have been discovered so far, in addition to a skull with light long hair consistent with a female child.

Investigators said they're still trying to determine why the child's mouth was taped shut with duct tape. At this point they said they do not believe this was meant to look like the child was killed by a kidnapper.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18276452/detail.html

This is on the WESH site with the update about a "bone trail".
"Investigators and Casey Anthony's defense team said they are operating under the assumption that the remains are those of the missing 2-year-old."

Well, well, well.....reckon they'll be changing their story shortly.

This was released also....:(

<snip>
For the first time, WESH 2 News has also confirmed that the child's body was wrapped in some sort of "covering" inside the bag.

According to sources, it was the covering -- along with the trash bag and duct tape -- that investigators said they believe are tied to the Anthony house nearby on Hopespring Drive.

UPDATE!

<snipped>
ORLANDO, Fla. -- All weekend, two official sources who spoke to WESH 2 News on the condition of anonymity, said they have been recovering more human remains in the wooded area along Suburban Drive near the home of missing Caylee Anthony.

According to one investigator, at least two dozen bones have been discovered so far, in addition to a skull with light long hair consistent with a female child.

Investigators said they're still trying to determine why the child's mouth was taped shut with duct tape. At this point they said they do not believe this was meant to look like the child was killed by a kidnapper.

Article:

(Bold by me)

Caylee's hair was dark. Would it have lightened up in death? What's going on here? What does this mean? :confused:

UPDATE!

<snipped>

Article:

Wow. Wonder if they're reading the discussion on the duct tape poll thread.

Since play sand is a different composition than the natural silt and sand in most yards, it is possible to say that if there is any sand associated with this find that it could be INFERRED to be similar in composition to the play sand in Caylee's sandbox. But thousands of bags of that sand are sold all over the place, so at the very least, it is something the defense would say could have come from some other sandbox.

ITA..with exception of, if there was some dna in sandbox...blood, urine...then she transferred some sand containing what matched in sandbox..then yea...but Im no forensics guy so Im not alledging this....just supposin'

Do we have any 'official' or even semi official statement about whether or not clothes were found at the site? Do we know anything more about the duct tape, if there was duct tape - where it was found, etc. So far I have read a number of conflicting reports from all sorts of different news media about each of these things. While I doubt anyone from LE will make an offical statement, is there any one source that seems more reliable than the others in regards to what turns out to be facts?

I have read so many different threads since Thursday, my head is spinning. I know at first media was saying 50 to 60 feet off the road and it's obvious from the footage that it is only about 25 to 30 feet off the road. Was Duct tape found around the skull, around the mouth, around the bag? Were Clothes found in the bag, near the bag, in the area, no clothes were found at all? Dr. G was there, Dr. G was on her way, etc. etc. News did report Dr. G was there today, and this time they had footage, so I guess I can count that as fact :)

Anyway, I guess I am really wondering what do we know for a fact that are facts. What has anyone else gleaned from reading the last 4 days - WOW, can you believe it has been 4 days already?

I agree that we are getting a lot of info which is unsubstantiated, in that it is not being spoken on video directly by LE or their reps, or the Prosecutors' office.

I have watched many reports about the existence of the clothing, the duct tape, etc, but the information is attributed to sources.
I'd raise another question though:
http://www.local6.com/video/18262788/index.html

Relative to the linked video which features the clothing and duct tape issues:

Several minutes into this recap of events and evidence the reporter starts talking about the clothing again and she states that we do know what Caylee was wearing when she went missing.

At that moment it flashed into my mind that we really do not know because we are taking the word of the father of the defendant. We have discussed this, of course.
But she then adds that we have pics of Caylee from the day Caylee disappeared and the male reporter with her agrees.

Am I forgetting something or do they just assume we should focus on clothing from the nursing home video. Are they treating that as the last day?
Any thoughts on this??? Are they just mistaken?

Sorry to answer a question with a question!:blowkiss:

(Bold by me)

Caylee's hair was dark. Would it have lightened up in death? What's going on here? What does this mean? :confused:
I have no idea what it means, but if I were the Anthony's I would be all over that.

(Bold by me)

Caylee's hair was 'light' brown as opposed to dark brown or black. Maybe that's what they mean.

(Bold by me)

On the flyer, created by the grandparents and featured on their Myspace page, they specify Caylee's hair as "light brown."

www.myspace.com/cayleeismissing

Unless I hear the remains feature blonde hair or the like, I think light is okay.

I have no idea what it means, but if I were the Anthony's I would be all over that.

I am sure they will be. I can hear it now, DNA results don't matter because the hair color is a shade off. :rolleyes:

http://www.wesh.com/video/18265363/index.html

The linked video is from the emergency hearing where Baden did alot of the talking. The video is entitled"
"Defense says OCSO says bones, hair color match Caylee."

Maybe the defense has access to things we don't and based on knowledge possessed by Casey's team, the Anthony's aren't all over it.
I am just guessing of course, but it's a thought.:)

And I realize the family doesn't have a perfect history of taking the advice of counsel to heart.

http://www.wesh.com/video/18265363/index.html

The linked video is from the emergency hearing where Baden did alot of the talking. The video is entitled"
"Defense says OCSO says bones, hair color match Caylee."

Maybe the defense has access to things we don't and based on knowledge possessed by Casey's team, the Anthony's aren't all over it.
I am just guessing of course, but it's a thought.:)

And I realize the family doesn't have a perfect history of taking the advice of counsel to heart.
thanks for that :)

okay we are moving to a new thread. The same discussion is going on in 3 or 4 threads so info is getting lost. Please use the linked thread for the latest information and discussion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3057750#post3057750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member