Remains found in Big Spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas Gigi, do you know if the Corrections Canteen Warehouse there 1st, east from the Apron location, if they service the 2 jails in Ccty, by chance?
and is there a manned police station and fire Dept there at the airport, on Apron? And do you know if the Hangar 25 Air museum is still open for biz?

I am not certain just how close the Cauble rd fire got to the area where the remains were located- this article isn't specific
http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/fires-rage-across-howard-county
snipped-
The fires were concentrated in an area roughly stretching from Cauble Road to an area adjacent to McMahon-Wrinkle Airpark.

From that article:

"Several structures were threatened, as was the far western portion of the airpark, but crews had the west side fires contained as of 7 p.m., said Carl Condray, Big Spring Fire Marshal. Condray had not received any reports of either injuries or damaged homes as a result of those blazes."

Maybe the body was mummified due to the fire?

I haven't been out there in months. There's the business my husband and son work for, the airstrip, the prison, some abandoned buildings, the old tower for the airport. It's not a busy place. There isn't a lot of traffic.

Do you think it has been searched before?

My son said he doesn't know when the last time he was there was but that it's been a while, last year some time.

Last year means no fence. Easy access. Not a lot of people go out there.

Sounds to me like it's possible that remains could have been there for a couple of years undetected.

Just wanted to jump in and thank you all for your amazing sleuthing.

Keep it up. I know I speak for many when I say I am extremely impressed by your hard work.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Do you think it has been searched before?

Even if the immediate area was searched I'll bet they didn't go to the trouble of contacting the company to get someone to open it up so they could search within the fenced area. Probably figured if they couldn't get in, neither could the perp. MOO

Even if the immediate area was searched I'll bet they didn't go to the trouble of contacting the company to get someone to open it up so they could search within the fenced area. Probably figured if they couldn't get in, neither could the perp. MOO

From what TexasGiGi posted, it might not have been fenced in then though.

Does your son know if it was a permanent fence or temporary? They may have just put it up? Temperary fencing goes up fast from what I've seen.

BUT - they would have to get permission to search it or they'd be trespassing.

So many questions!!!

I don't know about the canteen. There is a fire station nearby but I can't think exactly where. I've never noticed the tanks before. My husband knows the owner of the tank business as well as some of the employees. He's out of town though and I can't ask him anything until tomorrow. I haven't heard anything about searching out there.

Knox, thanks VERY helpful.....
( i have so many windows open , those links helped a lot)

Was this one of the areas land owners refused to allow searchers?

Sad that she hasn't heard from either Billie or Clint- does he know yet I wonder? Even more interesting that Billie won't answer her lawyer's attempts to communicate with her.

Clint knows yes. As for Billie ..i wouldnt worry too much about her not answering the lawyers calls..there is most probably a reason for that.

Its just too close to SA's moms house to be a coincidence. Big Spring got severe thurnderstorms and about 6 inches rain last night which may have revealed these remains.

Perhaps she was concealed under stuff left there to be burnt? Gradually getting through it they've come across her?

Perhaps because they seemed to take narcotics vs stimulants, I always assumed he would not have taken a lot of effort to dispose of her, laziness, but I didn't think he'd be so lazy to just take her to the nearest dumping point :( :( :( I imagined he'd driven her somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterfliesfly777