Remains found in Big Spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the locals mentioned there is a prison nearby and the lights from it almost make it to that location, but not quite.

Two correctional institutions here. A & B on the map:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS313US313&q=Federal+Correction+Institute%2c+Big+Springs%2c+TX"]Federal Correction Institute, Big Springs, TX - Google Maps[/ame]

if this is her, it's almost like hailey has had her eye on the prison for some time... probably saying "that's right, HE will be in there one day!"

From that same Midland news report (video), the person who found the remains speculated it was a child between the ages of 4 and 10. Talked about decomposition. If, so, not so sure this could be Hailey. ?

If you are on google maps and go west on Warehouse rd. with the warehouses on the right, you can see the prison on the left with all of the barbed wire fences.

On Tuesday, workers at the Big Spring airport discovered human remains laying in an open field. The man who found the remains declined to speak on camera but did tell reporters he thought the remains belonged to a child.

A source tells KAMC the remains were found inside a trash bag.

On Tuesday, KAMC called Hailey Dunn's mom, Billie Dunn, but got her boyfriend, Shawn Atkins, instead.

Atkins is the only named suspect in Dunn's disappearance.

When we told him about Tuesday's discover, Atkins acted surprised and only said he did not have a comment.

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=102062

On Tuesday, workers at the Big Spring airport discovered human remains laying in an open field. The man who found the remains declined to speak on camera but did tell reporters he thought the remains belonged to a child.

On Tuesday, KAMC called Hailey Dunn's mom, Billie Dunn, but got her boyfriend, Shawn Atkins, instead.

When we told him about Tuesday's discover, Atkins acted surprised and only said he did not have a comment.

bbm
Good. They are still together making it easier for LE to find them (if needed of course. ;) )

You know darn well BD will stand by her man even if this turns out to be Hailey, imo. If it is her, I pray there is something still left for a strong conviction of "whoever". A finger print on the inside of the bag ...just something....

If true(it being the FIRST NEWS Shawn had learned these remains had been found) what a priceless moment I would have given alot to see for myself..too bad to learn it was merely via telephone and not live or video.. and we hear he "acted" surprised and had zero comment..Arrrrggghhh!

If I even thought there was a chance those remains were my daughter. I'd be parked outside that crime scene tape, waiting with her, wanting to be close to her. Where do you think BD is tonight? At home hiding with SA? Practicing looks of surprise, shock and grief in the mirror? Ugghh, signing off now, night all.

Sweet Hailey Bug, I wanted so badly for you to be alive.

If I even thought there was a chance those remains were my daughter. I'd be parked outside that crime scene tape, waiting with her, wanting to be close to her. Where do you think BD is tonight? At home hiding with SA? Practicing looks of surprise, shock and grief in the mirror? Ugghh, signing off now, night all.

Sweet Hailey Bug, I wanted so badly for you to be alive.

Oh Knox, this brought tears to my eyes because I know how deeply your feelings ran in this case. I hope you rest well, my friend.
(((Hugs Hugs))))

So Hailey was walking to her fathers house? did he live in Colorado City also? and what about the friend?

I assume her father/friends house was not that far for her to walk.

OMG ... I just saw this thread tonight about this possibly being Hailey. !

I just did a search to see if there was any news this late and found this -- sorry if it has been posted as I have not had time to read this entire thread :

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hailey-dunn-missing-remains-texas-teen-cheerleader-found/story?id=15967361

March 21, 2012

Human remains have been discovered in a pasture 40 miles from Colorado City, Texas, where 13–year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared over one year ago.

Authorities in Big Spring, Texas confirmed that human remains were found near the McMahon Wrinkle Airpark Tuesday afternoon. The airpark is approximately one mile from the home of the mother of Shawn Adkins, Hailey Dunn's mother's boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, and the only named person of interest in the case.

So Hailey was walking to her fathers house? did he live in Colorado City also? and what about the friend?

Her father's house was just across the street. Well, kind of, but I think there was a small field in the way. But it was very close.

But, imo, she never made it to her fathers/ I don't think she made it out of the house alive. imo

Im not on the time to read through this thread, but I've got all of my days to pray they have found Hailey!!!

So good to know that the remains were in a trash bag, and therefore not scattered. That also means there could be clothing and jewelry inside as well.

So good to know that the remains were in a trash bag, and therefore not scattered. That also means there could be clothing and jewelry inside as well.

I wonder if they ever took any trash bags from any of the areas they had warrants for? Sometimes they take them in case they need to check them later on.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

GRACE: Mr. Dunn, did you know that Hailey was on her way over?

CLINT DUNN: No, I didn`t.

GRACE: How often did she come visit you? You live right across the street, correct?

CLINT DUNN: Yes. She comes over every day.

GRACE: At what time?

CLINT DUNN: At all times. She might come over for five minutes, she might come over and spend all day. She comes over every day.

GRACE: Does she let you know she`s coming or does she just show up?

CLINT DUNN: She just shows up.

GRACE: Well, you know what?

CLINT DUNN: She just walks across the field most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb