Remains found in Big Spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I read that the remains were small,the hand was that of a child. Was I dreaming? I am sleep deprived this week.

Read post #354 above. It says "child". I would consider 13 years old a child but I suppose a child can also be a baby or toddler.

We'll just have to wait. :(

Question for those that have been here since the beginning of Hailey's case.....wasn't it stated by searchers that Shawn sat on his mom's porch for DAYS watching the searchers and glaring at them????

He so did.

I really expect some type of drastic,desperate act by Shawn shortly.

How many other missing persons are there in the area?

Read post #354 above. It says "child". I would consider 13 years old a child but I suppose a child can also be a baby or toddler.

If I had time I would look. I swear I saw it. Maybe it was Fox overreporting.Again.

How many other missing persons are there in the area?

Kimster posted some upthread. Let me look.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7702686&postcount=189"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bones found in Big Spring[/ame]

says the others were all adult men

Hailey is nearly my size, and I'm within normal adult limits...
I don't know how easy/hard it is for the untrained eye to judge if remains are skeletal, though.

I swear I read that the remains were small,the hand was that of a child. Was I dreaming? I am sleep deprived this week.

One of the men that found her made that comment you are remembering correctly.

First of all I'll say this. The man had just found human remains. If you have never seen human remains in a severe state of decomposition it is shocking. Secondly, as a layperson, how would he even be able to give such an opinion? Based on what is he making that guess? Only a qualified ME can place an age guess or identity on the remains with any certainty.

Look at the hands of those you are around today. I am 5' 4" and have long thin fingers. I work with a woman who is almost 6' tall and her hands are smaller than mine and her feet much smaller also.

He is not trained to make this guess. I'm not knocking him, I just don't put much faith in his guess.

One of the men that found her made that comment you are remembering correctly.

First of all I'll say this. The man had just found human remains. If you have never seen human remains in a severe state of decomposition it is shocking. Secondly, as a layperson, how would he even be able to give such an opinion? Based on what is he making that guess? Only a qualified ME can place an age guess or identity on the remains with any certainty.

Look at the hands of those you are around today. I am 5' 4" and have long thin fingers. I work with a woman who is almost 6' tall and her hands are smaller than mine and her feet much smaller also.

He is not trained to make this guess. I'm not knocking him, I just don't put much faith in his guess.

Thanks was no enough! Thanks so much for that.:heartluv:

on GMA the bottom scroller is saying the body is Haley.

YaY for whoever was moving their arses on this to confirm that it is indeed Hailey. I wonder if there was jewelry or clothing that helped to confirm or if dental records were used. I'd think DNA would take a lil' longer than a few hours and it has literally been just a few hours since the remains were discovered.

:seeya: Hi katydid23 -- just saw your post and remembered your siggy !

katy's siggy :

“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Well ... this day has FINALLY come -- the day Billie has been dreading for a long time now ...

And JMO ... but Billie will stand by Shawn ...

:praying: I hope there will be Justice for Hailey !

That quote is just chilling to me today. I thought she just said that as kind of a random thing like anything not found was good for her. But no, I think she was actually talking about Hailey's body not being found! It sends shivers down my spine right now to think of that quote...

This newsletter talks about an expansion at Desert Tanks-

http://www.mybigspring.com/files/Airport_Newsletter_November_2011.pdf

Thanks, Knox, for that link.

I am more than a little worried about the fact that these aircraft were dumping substances of this nature, possibly over the area of the remains. :eek:

McMahon-Wrinkle Airport & Industrial Park
November 2011
Volume 1, Issue 4
In This Issue:
[FONT=Georgia,Georgia][FONT=Georgia,Georgia]Recent Airport Activity [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Georgia]Recent Landings & Aircraft Photos [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Georgia]Pilot’s Briefing [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Georgia]Pilot Safety Meeting Info [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Georgia]Airport Director’s Update [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Georgia]Instructor’s Corner [/FONT]
[/FONT]KBPG
AWOS: 118.025
UNICOM: 122.8
[FONT=Old English Text MT,Old English Text][FONT=Old English Text MT,Old English Text]Terminal Times [/FONT]
[/FONT]
Recent Landings and Aircraft Photos:

As many of you know, we are quickly becoming the preferred thoroughfare for transitioning military crews.

attachment.php

We have also gained a couple of new industrial tenants, including an ex-pansion of Desert Tanks, Cross Plains Chemical, and Tri-formance. Our rental properties are highly sought after, and we like to keep them full to generate revenue for the airport improvement funds!

http://www.mybigspring.com/files/Airport_Newsletter_November_2011.pdf

The Big Spring McMahon-Wrinkle Airport, owned and operated by the City of Big Spring, is a general aviation airport. The airport, which occupies approximately 2,200 acres of land, operates two runways: Runway 17/35, which measures 8,802 feet in length and 100 feet in width; and Runway 06/24, measur-ing 4,601 feet in length and 75 feet in width. Aviation activities that occur at the airport on a regular ba-sis include agricultural spraying, corporate use, flight instruction, and recreational flying. The airport has hosted annual fly-ins and air shows, and maintains the Hangar 25 Air Museum. In 2007, the airport hosted the Hang Gliding World Championships. The Big Spring Air Terminal is over 4,000 sq. ft. with a conference room, passenger waiting area, courtesy car and airpark office. The Pilot's Lounge includes weather monitoring and flight planning capability, wireless internet connection and concessions.

Attachments

• planes.JPG
    planes.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 198
Last night the media was on Hailey. For some reason, someone leaked something that made them go straight for the interviews with family, Colorado City etc.
Maybe something was found with the body that tipped them off on this case.
Haileys team of Searchers even came to look around before dark.............

If I had time I would look. I swear I saw it. Maybe it was Fox overreporting.Again.

The only over-reporting I've seen is the ABC claim that it is her body. There is no official confirmation, they are waiting for the FBI team.

Personally, I am convinced it is Hailey. The only other missing female has been gone since 1979. Not even a Hefty bag will keep bones together that long in the harsh weather and wind of West Texas, and this body was not buried.

Locals know the place this body was found as an un-official dumping area. It has only recently been developed with the tanks and fencing. Shawn grew up right there in this area. IMO, it is the equivilant of Casey A's pet cemetary down the street from her parents' home, where she dumped Caylee!

ABC is making a logical conclusion, but I believe they considered the risk of trying to scoop the others and put it out there without official confirmation. MOO

who would know that stuff was dumped in that area?
knew the area?
could get into that area?
who lived in that area?
Cocky enough to leave a deceased out in the open?
hmmmmmmmm

The only over-reporting I've seen is the ABC claim that it is her body. There is no official confirmation, they are waiting for the FBI team.

Personally, I am convinced it is Hailey. The only other missing female has been gone since 1979. Not even a Hefty bag will keep bones together that long in the harsh weather and wind of West Texas, and this body was not buried.

Locals know the place this body was found as an un-official dumping area. It has only recently been developed with the tanks and fencing. Shawn grew up right there in this area. IMO, it is the equivilant of Casey A's pet cemetary down the street from her parents' home, where she dumped Caylee!

ABC is making a logical conclusion, but I believe they considered the risk of trying to scoop the others and put it out there without official confirmation. MOO

I totally agree. I would think someone would have to know where that spot is to put her there. It's just too close to his mom's house. Everything just keeps pointing to poor Hailey. And in a trashbag!!!! :banghead::banghead: It just rips my heart out that yet another innocent, sweet girl was thrown away in a trashbag!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb