Not open for further replies.
From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 9m 9 minutes ago

#JodiArias said her Mom would dig her acrylic nails into her skin #ouch

B7Qlof1IcAIaq6a.jpg:large

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7m 7 minutes ago

#JodiArias #ThingsIRememberWhenIWas4

:hilarious::hilarious:
Now everybody is going to be staring at her mother's hands the next time she's in court. Darryl Brewer must be relieved. :dance:

Sorry, I know the current topic is the transcript, but I waited to read those until I got caught up here. Have a couple comments about the computer/misconduct stuff, and didn't want to forget to post them:

What Beth said last night was that the prosecution not handing the 2008 hard drive over to the defense, whether they asked for it or not, was a HUGE deal and that Nurmi was right when he said JA "would never be executed". She said that is because this is a very good appeal issue. She didn't quibble about it, nor did she say "in my opinion". That is why I went to AZlawyer. I get the feeling Beth is on the side of the defense team, even though she likes Jodi less than we do probably.
Yes, understood. But what makes the difference, is that she doesn't understand what actually happened, the tricks BN was pulling, and what this so called "*advertiser censored*" really is. She thinks it's exculpatory evidence and trusts what the defense team is saying. Those things are what are forming her opinion that it's an appeal issue, maybe?

Totally interesting, thanks. But....doesn't say which image. This hearing took place in 2010. Could MM's image have been a 2009 image? Or no?
MM left that dept in Nov 2008 and said he didn't do any work on it after that date, so his was the 2008 image. It would have been for that one that he wrote his report. What we don't know is when that report was turned over to the defense, and who was on the DT at that time, etc. I'm guessing they did have the report early on though, or they would be whining about that not being turned over.

In the November 3rd transcript, so far she has implied that Travis is lascivious and a show-off in the way she describes his behaviour.

Didn't Jodi say Travis told her the night he took her to the PPL dinner that in PPL you had to show your money to make it?

How is it that she can't remember what year or even general time frame it is in certain photos but she remembers seeing cocaine in her parent's room when she was 4? :waitasec:

I've started off by reading the November 3rd transcript first. The most interesting thing is the sidebars. The murderer also asserts that "I don't cheat on my boyfriends".

Yes...the skirting around the dating Bobby and Victor at the same time is interesting. As well as the Daryl and Travis overlap.

I think I found out why Oct 20/21/22 is significant to Jodi- it is Matt McCartney's birthday (Oct 20th) and the Date she was hired at Ventana.

Let me try an analogy. Suppose the defense came by to view the evidence and while they were looking at some documents someone set a coffee cup on one page and obscured some words. The defense then asked for a copy of that page, which turned out not to be very important. The defense then found out the state had a copy from before the coffee cup incident and asked for a copy of that copy. When they got it, they saw that the obscured words weren't important either. You think anyone's going to overturn a first-degree murder conviction for that?

AZL, you know I value your knowledge. And it is entirely possible that I am lost in a deep deep rabbit hole on this point.

No, in that analogy, of course not. And most likely not in real life either. But the analogy doesn't seem quite on point because it again focuses on the significance of what is on the paper (mirror drive) instead of the technicalities about turning it over to the DT.

The fact that MM must have presented the 2008 image to the presiding judge at the 2010 hearing is most salient. I don't understand why JM didn't bring that fact up. Maybe he was too occupied demolishing the other lies and distortions bring spewed by the DT.

AZL, you know I value your knowledge. And it is entirely possible that I am lost in a deep deep rabbit hole on this point.

No, in that analogy, of course not. And most likely not in real life either. But the analogy doesn't seem quite on point because it again focuses on the significance of what is on the paper (mirror drive) instead of the technicalities about turning it over to the DT.

The fact that MM must have presented the 2008 image to the presiding judge at the 2010 hearing is most salient. I don't understand why JM didn't bring that fact up. Maybe he was too occupied demolishing the other lies and distortions bring spewed by the DT.

BBM

This is what I've been saying. The technicalities do not matter if the substance is the same.

The COA need to send an interpreter if any more rulings are sent to JSS.....

When the COA granted the stay, didn't they name JA as the witness?

Such lies.

Frigga and All..
I am trying to read the transcripts. I think I am passed the point of believing anything JA. says. I find myself reading and I'm thinking just the opposite. I hope the jury feels the same way. I don't believe a word she says about her parents. IMO they were and are afraid of her. IMO her memory at 4~ some yes , I have some from 3 yrs. but not detailed! spoon , powder , give it up J..:loveyou:

She said her mom became mean around age 7. Started carrying a wooden spoon around and beat her. Dad did it with a belt.

Hmm, isn't that around the age JA would have been when it was told by a former babysitter of hers that she had whacked Carl over the head with a baseball bat?

The COA need to send an interpreter if any more rulings are sent to JSS.....

When the COA granted the stay, didn't they name JA as the witness?

I think they did in the decision, not in the stay.

I do... but I don't really like to admit it. I don't want to have anything in common with her. Oh, and they are traumatic memories, not random.

Same here. My early memories are traumatic as well--mostly because they were life altering, not random at all.

So, what has this unsealing 'damaged'? The judge was quite worried about it causing damage of some sort.

So, what has this unsealing 'damaged'? The judge was quite worried about it causing damage of some sort.

The only damage I can see is that the last bit of testimony had JA claim that the penis pics had been sent to her from TA on Nov.11, 2006 without JM being able to cross her on it. Other than that, simply JA revealing that it was her choice to let herself become nothing more than a sexual plaything from the very beginning of her and TA's relationship, as in within a week or so of first meeting him for the very first time, and how stupid it made her feel.... duh.

Okay, this are my notes on their budding relationship:
First PPL convention JA went to was in Sept/2006 with the people that signed her up.
Convention was from Wednesday evening(check in) to Sunday.

Met TA on Wednesday evening, chatted for 1-2 hrs, TA invited her to executive dinner
for the next evening, even arranged for his bf's wife to loan her a dress for it.
Dinner was 1-2 hrs, hung out for maybe 10-15 mins. TA invited her to sit with the
executives close to the stage the next day for the convention, didn't even have lunch
or dinner with him. Sat with TA again for Saturday's convention, lunch on her own then
socialized with TA and his friends in the evening at a food court. Finally told
him she had a bf(DB), he responded by saying he wished she didn't. Sunday minimal
contact, TA invited her to sit with him and friends for the buffet breakfast then
TA left after giving her a hug. She had lunch again with her friends and then they
all drove home.

TA and her exchanged texts/phonecalls every night that week...
TA invited her to join him and his friends for church the weekend following the convention.

She "broke up" with DB that Thursday.

Drove to the Hughes a couple of days later on the Saturday after arrangements had
been made for her to spend the night there then go to church the next day all together.

TA arrived late. He barely spoke to her, they all watched one of TA's motivation
dvd's(Eddie Snell) then they all went off to their separate bedrooms to sleep.

TA came to her room and they started making out pretty much immediately and they
ended up allegedly having oral sex(mutual) then fell asleep. TA was gone when she
woke up and they all got up and went to church and JA went home after with just a
good bye kiss after TA walked her to her car. No discussion of what had happened.

Next "date" was the Starbucks parking lot(allegedly while he left his car running),
then he left without even a kiss because he thought that was "gross"...

Then JA can't remember if she saw TA again in Sept(during the period where her roommate said
JA had male visitors at all hours of the night) but then talks about a two day date at a motel
room in Ehrenberg where TA arrived first and after she arrived they started making out right
away again. Not full intercourse but grinding to climax etc. The good bye was brief again.

Ugh.. and she wonders why he didn't consider her marriageable...

What happened to the story about how she skipped school and when she got caught she got grounded by her parents so that was the catalyst to moving into Bobby's house? Didn't want her parents to sound like normal, concerned, discipline type folks? Maybe the jury would wonder why she got grounded instead of beat up and thrown against a wall for skipping school?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member