Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can send it to me for safe keeping. Airmail, snail mail, email, PM, I'm not choosy. ;)

Hmmm but how do I know you're not Nurmi in disguise? ;)

ETA: Also, I just realized my plan requires acting abilities on the part of JA. That's the only snag.

If there is evidence that is the subject of a motion to exclude/redact, or that has been attached to some other pretrial brief, the judge will see it before trial. Otherwise, the documentary evidence is filed with the clerk a few days before trial, but there would be no reason for the judge to page through it.

The monitor system in the courtroom allows the judge to see what's on the screen before pressing a button to allow the jury to see it.

I don't know about the letter. JSS wouldn't have seen it, though, unless Juan was trying to admit it, and I don't remember any motions about that. It's not like she can go down to the evidence room or the prosecutor's office and just look through things.

Um, was that the DA's first trial??? lol

No. I can't wrap my head around the ethical issues. I can hear and understand when my defense attorney friends explain these things, but the explanation doesn't quiet the little moral voice in my brain. So I can handle criminal defense work on appeal, because to me that just consists of making sure the system is dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's, but pretending someone is actually innocent when they aren't is not a thing I could do.

BUT I have to say I did come up with an absolutely freaking brilliant defense strategy for this case last night. Unfortunately a version of it could still work as a "Hail Mary pass" even now, so I don't want to say it here. Is there a "sealed envelope" on WS in which I could place my suggestion, to be opened only after the final verdict? :)

Save that thought! (Or you can PM me and I promise not to tell anyone :winkkiss: )

Thank you for adhering to decent standards!

Thank you so much!
Can you tell me why it wasn't a good moment for her? Because she detailed a slaying that she herself did, to the victim's family? And how did the jury seem to react? Or people in the audience?

Oh gag. So horrible.

Thank you and thank you to everyone who responded to me. You all are gems. I really appreciate it. I don;t have the time to really delve into this case these days so when I come on websleuths, I tend not to venture over here much because there is too much to catch up on! So I am very grateful to everyone who helps me out with info!!!!!!

I may not be involved in really monitoring the retrial but man, justice for Travis remains so crucial to me.

Yes, exactly. Pretty much. She writes it in vivid and graphic detail how Travis died, what he said, what he was doing, all while lying about the ninjas. It just shows the manipulative depths she went to and to his family!

It was a powerful moment. It was a shocking thing to read. Jen say the jury was just looking at it like "whoa." She just knows this one will stay with them. I asked her if it she thinks it resonated with them. She said yes.

They said Jodi got this super sad look on her face like she was trying hard to cry. It apparently didn't work.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/23/2015 8:00 AM

01/21/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY THIRTY

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/20/15 Exhibits 391-395, 397, 399-406, 408-
410, 420, 431-440, 463, 481, 506, 507, 559-561, 563, 568, 572, 600, 623, 624, 633, 645, 646,
648-652, 655, 680, 687-704, 706-709, 731-733, 736, 738, 740, 741, 758, 761-786, 786.001, 787-
801, 242, 242.001, 242.002 and 233 were temporarily released to Defense and returned this date.
Prior to commencement Defense Exhibit 820 is marked for identification...

Dr. Robert Geffner, having previously been sworn, testifies further.
Defense offers Defense Exhibit 820 and it is admitted in evidence...

State’s Exhibit 821 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 821 and it is admitted in evidence...

State’s Exhibit 823 is marked for identification.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT that page two of Exhibit 821 is copied and replaced with
the redacted version of page two...

State’s Exhibit 824 is marked for identification.
State’s Exhibit 825 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 825 and it is admitted in evidence...

State’s Exhibit 826 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 826 and it is admitted in evidence.
State’s Exhibit 827 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 827 and it is admitted in evidence.
State’s Exhibit 828 is marked for identification.
State’s Exhibit 829 is marked for identification.
5:03 p.m. Court stands at recess until 1/22/15 at 9:15 a.m. in this division.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6664211.pdf-
------------------------

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
1/23/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 1/23/2015
1/22/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 1/22/2015
1/21/2015 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 1/22/2015
NOTE: EMAIL FROM DEFENSE AND PHOTO FROM TWITTER

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Thanks, I wonder if anyone has submitted this as evidence?

https://nzfvc.org.nz/?q=node/1644

"Learning Objectives

Participants will:

Be able differentiate between abuse, high conflict, alienation, estrangement, and rejection
Be able to identify two common mistakes made by custody evaluators in the context of intimate partner violence and child abuse
Better understand the dynamics of domestic violence and child abuse as they occur in child custody cases
Be able to list three procedures that should be followed in investigating child abuse or intimate partner violence in child custody cases"

It shows that Dr.G just happened to be in MM's area last April. In fact, this free seminar that he put on(wonder who paid for him to participate, perhaps AZ residents?) had been submitted according to that article, March 5, 2014. Anyone know how that lines up with MM coming forward with all his "evidence" for JA?

Not that it really matters as far as his evidence goes:
http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01/jodi-arias-breaking-down-mitigation.html?showComment=1422049015015#c1341802967987989403

but I think it does go towards showing how this doctor likely got his information in such a way that the PT was not privy to.

DGC have you read Paul Sanders (the 13th jurors) account of this letter being read in court? It is available at 'Justice for Travis Alexander'. (I have to remember how to link again LOL) It was chilling.

:gaah: I'm on that FB site but I can't find a link to Paul Sanders. I went looking this AM for it, too. He does a great job catching the nuances and jury reactions.

DGC have you read Paul Sanders (the 13th jurors) account of this letter being read in court? It is available at 'Justice for Travis Alexander'. (I have to remember how to link again LOL) It was chilling.

I cant find it. Do you have a link?

Eta: never mind missed the part about forgetting how to link. Lol. Thanks.

Coulda swore I saw a black bra line under her arm yesterday but it's white, my mistake. She sure is chameleon-like in her facial appearance though.
Even the highly visible grey hair in the Jan 20/15 photo (with the purple sweater) is gone in the Jan 22/15 photo (yucky tank top). It could be the lighting, but she looked way less haggard in the tank top photo than she did even earlier in the week. It even looks like she had her hair touched up or something and Oh well, her own words came back to bite her big time and quickly wiped that smug look off her face. :happydance:

I found it on the JM Prosecutor Support FB page. Not sure if we are allowed to link that? I just googled 13th Juror and Day 26 and it came up. HTH

I cant find it. Do you have a link?

Eta: never mind missed the part about forgetting how to link. Lol. Thanks.

By the time I had figured out how to link MeeBee had thoughtfully supplied one. :blushing:

No, the letter has not been posted anywhere.

:seeya: Thank You !

:seeya: Thank You ! I keep forgetting to read the 13th Juror's blog, but I do check in at the FB site for Travis.

:) Wow ... this is Post #12,001 !

:fireworks:

:( Post #12,000 was Prayers for Kyron Horman and that he will be found soon :(

Look at the comments on Court Chatter for yesterday's day in court. Seems Geff presented at a seminar in New Zealand in April. Wonder if he met with any expats while there?

I find this very interesting. Similar to my thoughts on Wilmott speaking at a seminar. Possibly traveling using defense funds (taxpayer dollars) to interview MM, and then collecting a large speaking fee? Conflict, possibly? Just my opinion. My hinky meter is on high alert re these speaking engagements for any of the defense team.

Is there a juror list anywhere, like last time? I really want to know which juror she is targeting with that come hither look. She is targeting someone, I have no doubt.

Hmmm but how do I know you're not Nurmi in disguise? ;)

ETA: Also, I just realized my plan requires acting abilities on the part of JA. That's the only snag.

Please keep it in your safe house or destroy it. They need no ideas! 😆

Notice the Date and Time: Court was in session !

:gaah: The things Cougarlicious gets away with is just unbelievable !

I want to go through the tweets and see if I can figure out what was being discussed at that particular time. BRB.

ETA: yesterday's thread, starting around post #551 is a few minutes before 11:45 local time. It seems the conversation was around alternating dates for the broken finger (not in diary, other stuff noted, did this really happen?), inconsistencies between seeing him with kiddie *advertiser censored* and then having sex (who would do that), and generally discrediting the "dating" timeline. Gee. You would think it would be important for her to be paying attention, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow