Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the August night when Jodi went over to get her SS card

Jodi had just got there. She was in Mesa on August first. Why would Travis let Jodi store her things in his garage if he begged and guilted her to move to Mesa because he loved her so much that she had to lay low and be hidden from DeAnna?

I've looking for this off and on for 2 weeks! During Wilmot's cross with Dr. DeMarte look how shocked JM looks while DM talks about JA having at a MINIMUM of at least 10 different waitressing jobs, as well as many other jobs. Jenny makes the big mistake of challenging DM by having her confirm that with her notes. DeMarte does, and then adds on a couple of more :lol: JA has also worked as a receptionist at a spa and was a childcare giver??? She took care of a little boy from Nov.2007-Jan.2008 ?
I would wonder if that last one is a lie. Nothing in her journals about that. In fact, to the best of my knowledge we have never discussed that at all. I could be wrong on that. But I certainly have no knowledge of it. We know she was in Mesa at that time, I'll let you much better sleuther's find out what was really going on during this month. (Wilma thought it was year) :smile:

right around 51:06
[video=youtube;FzdHQpWlL3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzdHQpWlL3o[/video]

Jodi writes in her journal about the Varney's; how much she dislikes the job she has with them and is going to quit. I think that is what she is deferring to. IIRC she didn't like the treatment she was given.

I just find it hard to believe Jodi was ever a foreign exchange student. You have to be good in school to do that don't you? Victor Arias was probably a cousin or something if he exists.

She and Carl were exchange students two years in a row? This has to be documented somewhere.

Found it! May 26, 2008 G-chat (all or most of electronic chats between them are here)
http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2014/12/timeline-of-journal-and-messages.html

TA- "You stole my journals, you slashed my tires, and I know it. You can never tell the truth"
JA - "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires

The timeline is really informative! I was one of the "there's no way he let her in, those photos were from another time" but now I feel like he would have let her in. He is very quick to forgive after being really frustrated and angry with her.

Can anyone point me to a timeline of events that is verified? It would be interesting to line them up and see if JA could have sent some of the texts to herself?

I bet they tried like crazy to get the bishop precluded.

Question: I do not know where I picked up this notion but for some reason it is in the back of my mind that the DT originally wanted to call the bishop as their witness. Then they didn't want him but the state did. Again, not sure where I picked that tidbit up...unless I dreamed it, LOL. Anyone else recall anything like this?

I assume that they were so vested in Fibber McGee's testiphony, they were assuming they could corroborate it with the bishop.

When they learned otherwise, they dropped him like the clichéd hyperthermal spud.

the August night when Jodi went over to get her SS card

Jodi had just got there. She was in Mesa on August first. Why would Travis let Jodi store her things in his garage if he begged and guilted her to move to Mesa because he loved her so much that she had to lay low and be hidden from DeAnna?

Ah, but was anything of hers ever stored in the garage - or were they really in the attic with the Christmas decorations? ;)

I don't believe a word she says.

Regarding the quotes from the trial that this comment reflects..... JW doesn't get her tenses correct! It's maddening. How is anyone to interpret what she's asking if she doesn't use standard English? JW doesn't know what her own question says. I don't even think she's doing this deliberately: I just think her training was poor, she was lazy and didn't buckle down, and she doesn't know any better. During the time JW was talking about, DR was not having sex with TA.

He wasn't having sex with a bunch of other girls, either, but that's a whole 'nother story.

I don't care if he was having sex with strange women on a daily basis. Nobody deserves to be slaughtered like he was by a jealous, vengeful maniac. JMO. Hope the jury agrees.

Thank you for posting this, I haven't seen this before. As hearsay is allowed in the mitigation phase I hope JM gets this information in before this jury either through Janeen DeMarte or Taylor Searle himself.

"On Monday, May 26, Jodi and Travis got into a nasty fight. The following day, Travis called Taylor to tell him about the confrontation. He had been on Facebook and had gotten bounced off, a sign that someone else had logged on with his name. He was livid. He logged back on, and there was Jodi. She had hacked in again, but this time he caught her red-handed.
“Did you just log in?” he wanted to know. Travis got her to admit it and started unloading on her. “You are the worst thing that ever happened to me,” he wrote."

http://nypost.com/2013/08/18/exclus...-arias-sexual-obsession-led-to-tragic-climax/

Also in her response she says "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires" but no mention of no I did not delete the email from Lisa and no I did not steal your journals, so that IMO is saying that she DID do those two things.

Yeah. My cousin got married in a Temple here in Netherlands and I wasn't allowed in. It's all very secret and mysterious.

I live about a block from a Temple and I'm always intrigued by the beautiful looking building. I was so excited when I found out that was where I was voting this year...only to be disappointed to find out that it was at the LDS Church, but in an average side building not the beautiful building I'm always admiring. :(

Ah, but was anything of hers ever stored in the garage - or were they really in the attic with the Christmas decorations? ;)

I don't believe a word she says.

I'll go a step further and say that I am inclined to believe the opposite of what she says.

I have low self-esteem
The men in my life took advantage of me because I was too trusting
Travis was possessive of me
Travis asked me to marry him
Travis begged me to move to Mesa
Travis begged me to go see him on June 4, 2008
I heard a loud pop in the shower (gun shot was probably last)
I love animals
If I did this to Travis then I'd beg for the death penalty

I'm sure we could provide hundreds of such examples. She's a real piece of work.

I've seen multiple posters say that Juan has convinced them that Jodi and Travis were never officially dating ("boyfriend/girlfriend"). I was totally part of this school of thought until this afternoon.
I was listening to the original trial while doing chores, and the day of the sex tape starting playing. :shame: Before I could fast forward through it, I heard an exchange that gave me pause.

JA and TA are having a conversation about Abe and how TA did not care for him. The relevant exchange goes like this:

Jodi: "He's like [referring to Abe] . . . 'I don't understand, ya know. I see him in the bathroom, and I'm a ghost to him. He looks right through me . . .'"

(side conversation)

Travis: "He's a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say? You kissed my girlfriend."

Jodi: "That was before I was your girlfriend."

Like many (ok, ALL) of you, I know JA is beyond capable of fabricating a relationship. But after hearing Travis call JA his girlfriend and hearing JA refer to herself as his girlfriend (at least at one point in time) without Travis refuting it, now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

*To hear the portion of the trial to which I am referring, skip to 8:16

[video=youtube;3uZTXKLqoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE[/video]

It seems to me that by keeping the prosecution witnesses (e.g. Deanna) under subpoena, he is purposely trying to reduce the ranks of family supporters in the Alexander side of the courtroom. In obvious contrast to the sparse and motley crew over with DT, the Alexander side radiates closeness, grief, and love. And there are a lot of them. Deanna, Abe, Parker and whoever else would be eliminated from the court through JA's allocution, right? JA doesn't want Deanna sitting right there when she's talking to the jury, IMO: she is desperately afraid of DR's wonderfulness. Vile. Good thing the Hughes' won't be called; they are central in the family benches as well.

Don't beleive they are under subpoena. Tha is why Juan told Nurmi to to do it himself.

It seems to me that by keeping the prosecution witnesses (e.g. Deanna) under subpoena, he is purposely trying to reduce the ranks of family supporters in the Alexander side of the courtroom. In obvious contrast to the sparse and motley crew over with DT, the Alexander side radiates closeness, grief, and love. And there are a lot of them. Deanna, Abe, Parker and whoever else would be eliminated from the court through JA's allocution, right? JA doesn't want Deanna sitting right there when she's talking to the jury, IMO: she is desperately afraid of DR's wonderfulness. Vile. Good thing the Hughes' won't be called; they are central in the family benches as well.

I thought they were doing it so that they cannot talk to anyone about their testimony in the HOPES that they WILL talk so Nurmi can ask for mistrial number 666

In the Dr. Demarte video above JA is very interested in what she's saying ... her head is up and she's not scribbling. This may be the first time she's heard the truth about herself. DrD mentions that borderlines make frantic efforts to remain "attached", noting JA's move to Mesa as an example. JW makes a series of statements like "But they still talked, right?" "And TA sometimes said nice things about JA, right? But she went a question too far with: "And he continued inviting her over to his house"... to which DrD responded, "I saw a couple of instances where he invited her, yes." Oops.

I have a question if you don't mind. I know you say you take the Temple recommend very seriously, so my question is does someone verify your worthiness before allowing you in the Temple? Do you have a card to carry or? I mean this as a serious question because I don't know what the answer is. Like could someone enter the Temple even if they don't have a recommend if it's on the honor system?

Your Bishop or one of his counselors will interview you. You are always asked the same questions every time. If you pass, which you will or you wouldn't have arranged an interview in the 1st place, you are then interviewed by your Stake President or one of his counselors. You will pass that as well and then you are given a small piece of paper that is your recommend. It is good for 2 years and at any LDS temple.

Here is a list of all the temples around the world.
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/temples/

The whole "exchange" student thing strikes me as very unlikely, but it probably wasn't important to the prosecution's case. First, it costs money. Second, no recommendations have ever been produced; these might support mitigation, so if there were any, the DT would have them. Third, there doesn't seem to have been an "exchange." When did Costa Rican Arias come to Yreka? Fourth, young people didn't travel as much when Jodi was in her teens as they do now. Costa Rica was hardly on the radar for Americans: it's popular now and when Jodi invented the lie. Did JA even have a passport when she was in high school?
And if she DID have a passport it would have the date stamped in it of when she was there. I personally would love to see her passport if she has one. Maybe she can show HER immigration paperwork?

I've read multiple posters say that Juan has convinced them that Jodi and Travis were never officially dating ("boyfriend/girlfriend"). I was totally part of this school of thought until this afternoon.
I was listening to the original trial while doing chores, and the day of the sex tape starting playing. :shame: Before I could fast forward through it, I heard an exchange that gave me pause.

JA and TA are having a conversation about Abe and how TA did not care for him. The relevant exchange goes like this:

Jodi: "He's like [referring to Abe] . . . 'I don't understand, ya know. I see him in the bathroom, and I'm a ghost to him. He looks right through me . . .'"

(side conversation)

Travis: He's a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say? You kissed my girlfriend.

Jodi: That was before I was your girlfriend.

Like many (ok, ALL) of you, I know JA is beyond capable of fabricating a relationship. But after hearing Travis call JA his girlfriend and hearing JA refer to herself as his girlfriend (at least at one point in time) without Travis refuting, now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

*To hear the portion of the trial to which I am referring, skip to 8:16

[video=youtube;3uZTXKLqoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE[/video]

Great sleuthing but very unwelcome discovery.
gru-ballon-pop-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member