Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
M
I'd like to think there would be a protocol in place that they'd be required to follow. You know one that you'd would match up the case numbers when they received it, while looking at it, and before you return it. Kinda like the chain of command that the defense wants the state to bend over backwards for them. This , along with all the the other crap, make Nurmi and Wilmont look dishonest and inept.

Exactly. They're responsible for (the work of) the people they hire.

In a second motion filed yesterday, November 16, Martinez calls for the judge to sanction the defense team. Reportedly, a mirror image of a hard drive was turned over to the State on Friday, however it was to a Dell computer not a Compaq and the owner was some guy named Tony.

Juan Martinez accuses Kirk Nurmi of "stalling" and demands the correct mirror image no later than noon on Monday November 17.

SO DID NURMI TURN ANYTHING OVER YESTERDAY?
Wowza!

Can this false motion cause a mistrial? Nurmi off this case?

Wowza!

Can this false motion cause a mistrial? Nurmi off this case?

No. Nothing has happened in the trial as a result of the motion, and Nurmi appears to have just jumped to conclusions about what happened to the hard drive.

So JSS came back from lunch yesterday and shut the trial down, for a secret emergency. Interesting that JM had given Nurmi until NOON to turn over the correct HD. I think this flustercuck is the reason for the 2 day postponement. JSS would want to clear this mess up before finishing up with this witness. Ms. F, a Sexpert, was obviously brought on to talk about the pedo BS. I am sure NUrmi was pushing hard to allow her to speak on the computer 'discovery.' I just hope JSS can see through the krapp and move on to JM< soon.
Hey katydid23, where did you get the info that the hard drive was supposed to be turned over by noon yesterday? Odd timing.

I just don't get why they are trying so hard to paint Travis as a pedo and introduce "new evidence"of this claim. This has nothing to do with the sentencing! This is the part that irks me.

This trial will go on through January, one thing Nurmi has right.

Hey katydid23, where did you get the info that the hard drive was supposed to be turned over by noon yesterday? Odd timing.

I just don't get why they are trying so hard to paint Travis as a pedo and introduce "new evidence"of this claim. This has nothing to do with the sentencing! This is the part that irks me.

That's the deadline Juan set in his motion.

I'd like to think there would be a protocol in place that they'd be required to follow. You know one that you'd would match up the case numbers when they received it, while looking at it, and before you return it. Kinda like the chain of command that the defense wants the state to bend over backwards for them. This , along with all the the other crap, make Nurmi and Wilmont look dishonest and inept.

It certainly does! Going back to the previous motion of Nurmi's, the very fact that the *advertiser censored* sites were accessed on June 10th should have raised a red flag, to both their expert and themselves, that they might be looking at a virus. Nope! Let's just run with it and attack JM and Flores.

Then, in the latest motion, we had a downright vicious attack on Flores, insinuating that he had deleted other evidence (text, emails, you name it). Totally without foundation.

They do look dishonest, inept, and vindictive. They are responsible for what they put in their motions; they are responsible for protecting evidence in their possession; and they are responsible for any errors that their experts make. I am continually disgusted by them, their mitigation expert, and their client.
End of vent. LOL

I doubt it. Like AZL explained, he can say it was an innocent error, maybe done by the expert.
There seems to be a pattern of questionable experts the DT.

The whole HD kerfuffle is out the window. I hope its settled by Thursday, so this trial can move on.

Juan requested that deadline, but I don't think we've seen anything from the judge granting his request.

It certainly does! Going back to the previous motion of Nurmi's, the very fact that the *advertiser censored* sites were accessed on June 10th should have raised a red flag, to both their expert and themselves, that they might be looking at a virus. Nope! Let's just run with it and attack JM and Flores.

Then, in the latest motion, we had a downright vicious attack on Flores, insinuating that he had deleted other evidence (text, emails, you name it). Totally without foundation.

They do look dishonest, inept, and vindictive. They are responsible for what they put in their motions; they are responsible for protecting evidence in their possession; and they are responsible for any errors that their experts make. I am continually disgusted by them, their mitigation expert, and their client.
End of vent. LOL
You're absolutely right. We're rather beyond attacking the evidence and smearing the investigators - or at least should be. This is sentencing for death - many attorneys would be solely focused on making their client appear remorseful and highlighting reasons not to kill their client. This team goes on a rabid attack that only makes sense if Jodi Arias herself is dictating strategy.

I just don't get it. It's totally illogical to me. Unless there truly are no mitigating factors and they are indeed hoping to sway just one. Still completely repulsive, whatever the reason.

JMO

wow...BK is a disappointment. To me. And, why is there going to be a hearing on a motion about the *advertiser censored* and mistrial? They haven't even got the correct computer!

BK is a disappointment to me in that interview also. This woman (so-called doctor so and so) is a complete nut, IMO, but BK is complimentary of her. I am a BK fan, but not on the subject of this witness.

MOO

I'm confused. Why was this Tony's computer with the DT to begin with? How did the DT get their hands on it?

I'm sure the convicted murderers hands are all of this, but im just curious how it was in the possession of the DT to begin with.

***humor alert***

It's after 8pm, Nurmi is working late, all alone in the empty courtroom, save for the janitor, Tony, who's mopping the floor in the far corner of the room. Suddenly there's a knock at the door. Nurmi answers. It's a messenger with a certified letter, a motion from Prosecutor Martinez demanding a mirror image from the hard drive that is currently the focus of Nurmis latest defense strategy. Nurmi reads the message and let's out a loud, involuntary expression of angst; "&*&*!" Tony, startled, approaches. "Trouble, Mr. Nurmi?" "You might say, Tony, you might say." "Anything I can help you with?" Nurmi smiles softly, and let's out a poignant, defeated, laugh, "No, Tony, I don't think so, see, my computer expert..." Tony interrupts, "Computer expert! Gosh, you high-powered attorneys sure are lucky. Computer expert! Why, I've got an old laptop at home that's so overrun with viruses and *advertiser censored* that I..." Nurmi interrupts, "*advertiser censored*, you say?" "Why, yes sir, you see..." Nurmi interrupts again. "Maybe you can help me Tony. How would you like my computer expert to take a look at your laptop, for free? All I would need is to borrow it for few days, KN-time." "What's 'KN-time', Mr. Nurmi?"
"Oh, never mind, you just run home, get your computer, and meet me here in forty-five minutes, OK?" "Yes sir, Mr. Nurmi, I'm on my way!"

Here is a copy of the motion:

http://thetrialdiaries.com/bombshel...-by-juan-martinez-in-the-jodi-arias-re-trial/

Nevermind, I finally found and read the santions motion, and it makes sense now.

While we wait for more important info, I add this creepy thought of how Jodi's alleged new boyfriend has some physical resemblance to Travis--especially in the forehead, cheekbone, and chin areas. He talks about their visits --- "it's a lot joking, it's a lot of laughter, it's a lot of good times because that is what she needs right now." I wonder if they are still "together." (The link is dated Feb. 2014). Have any of the court tweeters seen him in the recent proceedings?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/jodi-arias-bryan-carr-_n_2638808.html

Can we afford to disregard the intrusion of Arias' sheathed black hand in this? What a push she made when granted in pro per status again, to gain immediate access to the police evidence room, so that her p.i. could examine every item, many of which she named. She suffered some legal defeats when representing herself and it seemed to outsiders that show closed before it opened. However, she did have access for some weeks before she relinquished her standing. Did she have some preconceived notions that she directed her p.i. to keep in mind and to look for? I think she did. Nor do I think she forfeited those ideas when she resorted to Nurmi & Willmott again. She turned her back on them October 20, wanting rescue from their representation. That failed, as we remember well. I think she aimed at wedging something into her penalty phase and created a time squeeze for her team that was most unwelcome. She may have insisted on some very unwise, misbegotten moves that led to the current disorder.

While we wait for more important info, I add this creepy thought of how Jodi's alleged new boyfriend has some physical resemblance to Travis--especially in the forehead, cheekbone, and chin areas. He talks about their visits --- "it's a lot joking, it's a lot of laughter, it's a lot of good times because that is what she needs right now." I wonder if they are still "together." (The link is dated Feb. 2014). Have any of the court tweeters seen him in the recent proceedings?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/jodi-arias-bryan-carr-_n_2638808.html
Oops, link is dated Feb. 2013. Sorry.

No, JM has not accused them of doing anything illegal. He also has not requested that kind of "sanctions." IIRC, his request was for the judge to deny the defense motion for sanctions, exclude the *advertiser censored* evidence, and move the heck on with the case.
If my memory serves me correctly, Juan asked for sanctions against the "defendant" in his latest motion. I wondered what more they could possibly due to defendant? (Well I could think of a few things but it may not be legal. :) I will go back and read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en