Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were an attorney, I would hesitate to hire someone who made such an overt and enthusiastic display of their personal allegiance to the hiring party. It would make me question the extent to which they could be impartial while looking at the evidence, and therefore the reliability of their findings. Or rather, whether their inevitably biased (paid for) opinion might too biased - tenuous and easily refuted. There would also be the risk of seepage on the stand, jeopardizing the credibility of their testimony. For instance, as in Laviolette's constant unspoken communication with the defense table.

This would be a concern regardless of their field of expertise.

I would rather play safe - or as safe as possible - and opt for an expert who appeared, at least, to be objective, in the hope that they'd be adequately impartial in their analyses as well, resulting in more reliable testimony.

So, at the very least, displaying his feelings doesn't seem like the wisest move on Neumeister's part, professionally speaking.

So true, but for some reason the DT don't seem to be going for unbiased and professional; more like combat in the trenches. Is this their game plan? Did they actually coach their witnesses to attempt to incense JM, because the gloves were off the minute JM began his cross. Apollies for mixed metaphors.

OH MY. I’ve been out looking at computer forensic sites, reading ***** I can’t pretend to understand. It appears that Autopsy and its various plug-ins … BTW free (for the most part) … might not be as “rock solid” in terms of making mirror images of drives. That said, it also appears there are ways of making mirror-image drives, using Encase, that “ignore” certain ‘deep registry’ information.

I will absolutely NOT entertain anyone who questions me about this … because I don’t know what the EFF I’m talking about.

Here’s the deal: The real issue here is: If A + B, then C

A) The Prosecution knowingly and willingly deleted files/Internet history? {T/F}
B) The Prosecution witnesses lied under oath? {T/F}

If A+B {False}, then C: The case, as it stands, is true.

If A+B {True}, then C: The entire case, as presented by the Prosecution, is (potentially) false.

Obviously, linear logic has its limits in a court of law.

Just bringing this entire pimple to a point: Truth, at this unfortunate juncture, doesn’t matter. We know the Truth. But the upshot of this sentencing phase will be a combination of Logic and Law. And computer forensics.

Reminds me of a computer language course I took 100 yrs ago. Sadly, there's no linear logic in this trial.

Can Juan ask BN how much he's being paid since it's seperate sort of (legal term, lol) from JA's trial? That is an interesting answer I'd like to hear as an AZ taxpayer. Not sure if he asked that yesterday. tia
I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure Juan doesn't ask because the hearing is in front of the judge only. I would think she already knows how much he is paid.

I have been thinking about the handshake. I wonder what JSS thinks of it. Does she think it is business as usual or is she wondering hey what's that all about?

Both ALV and Samuels were paid by the defense and Juan nailed them on being biased. Why is this expert allowed to be biased?

You can't order someone to be non-biased. Juan can make their bias obvious to the jury, with all that implies to the reliability of their testimony. The bias of the latest witness is immaterial to the jury, because they weren't there. It was only an issue of the atmosphere JSS allows in her courtroom, and that's not something she should be proud of, or that I understand.

I just read that Jodi's trying to appeal her conviction already. Does she know she can't do this until she is sentenced????:doh:

She needs a cause to cling to, and an indignant attitude of eagerness stirs up her supporters, such that they are.

So true, but for some reason the DT don't seem to be going for unbiased and professional; more like combat in the trenches. Is this their game plan? Did they actually coach their witnesses to attempt to incense JM, because the gloves were off the minute JM began his cross. Apollies for mixed metaphors.

"When the facts are on your side, you argue the facts.
When the facts aren't on your side, you just argue."

--
"She kind of revels in the media attention," Bond admits. Arias lined up media outlets for interviews as the first jury was deciding on her conviction.

But if turning on the media means freedom, Bond says they're prepared to bring up the issues.
---

Not surprising, the same way she 'loved' Travis but is now trying to turn him into a deserving-of-death monster to save her own skin, she'll turn on the media if she can find any benefit for herself. Sorry if it's against tos to say but what an abhorrent person she is.

I am convinced she had his passwords till the end. She was too quick to admit it to Flores. And yes, her computer was fine then. I too think she knows someone with computer hacking skills.
Since TA used Windows XP and JA more than likely did also circa: 2008, there is a program called Remote Desktop. Perhaps TA allowed Jodi to remote in to help him with his blog. She may been more computer savvy then him. IDK

How many lonnie dwarkins can there be in the world? JA testified she missed his baptism, and he is the one who checked out TA's computer?

--
"She kind of revels in the media attention," Bond admits. Arias lined up media outlets for interviews as the first jury was deciding on her conviction.

But if turning on the media means freedom, Bond says they're prepared to bring up the issues. snipped

What issues? That no one believed her off-the-wall lies?

Welcome Colie ! Looks like you're rather new here. :) And, thanks much for your input. Wondering how he could buy a house with no job. :waitasec:
Remember, this is pre 2008. Before the big bust, pratically anyone can walk in and get a mortgage. Which is probably what JA and DB, then couldn't keep up with the variable interest rates.

Thats a good question. I have not seen a clear concise answer yet, at least not one that is verifiable and believable.

I know there is a date and an amount of *advertiser censored* hits. But I cannot quite believe that TA suddenly began looking at *advertiser censored* one day, and did so 188,000 times or whatever fantastic number he came up with, in the next week or so, or whatever.

I can't help but wonder what Dr. F would call a person who continued to look at *advertiser censored* after their death.

I spent a good part of yesterday just thinking about "B's" testiphony.

This is a hearing about the computers. It is not for the jury to decide the outcome. The "trier of fact" here is JSS.

Knowing this, how can the defense set up this clown show? They are there to convince JSS that the computer was knowingly and maliciously tampered with.

What do they do? They take this B person and coach him to be extremely obnoxious and antagonistic (or it's just the way he is). He says he didn't bother to investigate the prosecution's drive since he "knew," without even looking at it, that it was knowingly and maliciously tampered with. He just uses his own "professionals" to make a copy of some copy with freeware. He comes up with hundreds of thousands of *advertiser censored* hits.

When asked to provide the evidence of it, he insists he's slammed with work and can't do so until next Wednesday.

My questions for all you who know so much more than I is this: Do you believe that JSS is buying into this garbage? Why is she allowing this witness to behave so outrageously on the stand? Does the defense believe they have the judge in their pocket because she's not reined them in during this interminable trial? Or, is it that JA has instructed this "expert" to behave in this way?
I think the only way she will believe this and make a ruling will be based on facts, hence why JM wants the copies to review for himself.
I read on BK site that BN had to go to Dallas for a trial.
We just have to be patient because this *advertiser censored* thing will continue on for awhile.

I have been thinking about the handshake. I wonder what JSS thinks of it. Does she think it is business as usual or is she wondering hey what's that all about?

"I run such a friendly courtroom!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member