DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
11/21/2014 8:00 AM

11/19/2014

MINUTE ENTRY

IT IS ORDERED that Court Reporter Mike Babicky shall prepare a transcript of the
sealed proceeding that occurred on 10/4/13 and provide a copy, as requested, to defense counsel
Kirk Nurmi. A copy may also be provided to the State upon request....

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6583284.pdf
------------------------------------------

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
11/21/2014 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 11/21/2014
11/20/2014 RES - Response - Party (001) 11/20/2014
NOTE: TO STATE'S MOTION FOR SANCTIONS AND STATE'S MOTION TO STRIKE

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...=CR2008-031021

I was thinking that "FTK" software was the name of a company. It is only the software. So where does Tony work? And is he qualified to work with this software? It reads as if anybody can use this software. This is OT but I remember when Wilmott had the "water" "burp" expert on and he slipped up and said one of the reasons he was testifying was because Wilmott had told him Dr. DeMarte did not know what she was talking about and he was there to set the record straight. Paraphrasing. So I guess in a sense with the three experts from this ???? institute now testifying we have another three whole wonder.

Thank you to LinTex, Always Shocked and MeeBee for trying to make the computer fracas understandable.

Shocked- thanks for making the standard initial forensics process so clear! LinTex- Your summary of it all is awesome...so succinct, thorough, and best of all, comprehendible. MeeBee- Reading your DH's explanation, I think I understand why damaged pins somewhere might make reading the HD impossible without repairs.

I hope JSS doesnt rule today. She doesn't have the expertise with computers to sort it out. I agree with Shocked (?)that she should have an independent forensics expert sort the technicals out and rule after that.

If the DT screwed up I want details, including if and how CMJA and her PI are involved.

So it looked like at some point juan questioned Jodi's brother. That's where Juan got the FU Bill from. Wonder what else came from that interview. Is this the same brother who said on his FB page his sister was going to use the sex tape to show to TA's past or future girlfriend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ricki,
I am just now reading all these posts from last night. So if this has already been answered I apologize in advance ~

This NOT the same brother. The one on FB is her youngest brother, Joey.
She has a brother named Carl who lives in Redding California. He is the guy that was with Jodi when she rented the White Ford Focus (NOT RED) at Budget Rent-a-Car in Redding Ca., about 100 miles from Yreka.

Remember this is the brother that Jodi hit over the head with a baseball bat when she was young.

I wonder if Tony has ever done work for Nurmi in the past, considering who Nurmi usually defends?

I'm re reading Wilmonts motion and I see something I posted yesterday evening, and what do I see, but Wilmont going over and over the evidence number.

ILikeToBendPages
ILikeToBendPages is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
Is there any chance that the defence team examined the wrong hard drive? Tony's harddrive.

I'd like to think there would be a protocol in place that they'd be required to follow. You know one that you'd would match up the case numbers when they received it, while looking at it, and before you return it. Kinda like the chain of command that the defense wants the state to bend over backwards for them. This , along with all the the other crap, make Nurmi and Wilmont look dishonest and inept.

Egads, someone tell me this cannot lead to ineffective counsel?

Uh.... embarrassed to say that I am just finding out at this moment that the retrial had started. Seeing as I had watched probably every minute of the original trial, I am aghast at myself. But this one's not being televised, correct? Twitter only? Ugh. Can anybody tell me where I can find a good summary of what's happened so far? Who has the best coverage? Is Beth Karas anywhere? Any new details we hadn't seen before? TIA.

:help:

BBM

Sidebar thread! (and here, of course)

Beth is very good on her new site KarasOnCrime.com good running commentary when I court and a video summary on court days. But it is a $6 per month paid site.

Yes she has.

No she's not. She's saying the state destroyed evidence so they could claim she was lying.

ETA: but this is a complicated issue. She probably won't rule right away.

I don't believe this is a complicated issue at all, but then again I'm a normal person and the judge is the judge.

To believe JW's story, you have to believe that ALL of the following are true:
- The state damaged the computer before turning it over.
- The defense expert fixed the damage without mentioning anything at the time.
- The state damaged the repaired computer again (in the exact same place apparently) after it was returned
- Whatever the defense offered as a substitute for a copy of the disk is good enough.

It's a giant pile of carp and it should take the judge like 5 seconds to throw it out.

snip

It's not just you. For a "sexpert" she has an astonishingly (though conveniently) narrow view of human sexuality. Seriously. The "three holes" have been pretty standard equipment since basically forever. Fonseca should maybe check out some ancient Greek pottery. Or on second thought maybe not -- she might pass out. Maybe for her first walk on the wild side she should just take a stroll down the "sexual wellness" aisle at her local Kmart.

I'm guessing some of these younger people on the jury will find her "expertise" a bit outdated. The worry would be the older woman in this regard. (Apologies for being stereotypical, but since we're all guessing....)

I'm Jealous too MeeBee...with a capital J

Count me in as well. :tantrum: I'd like to meet you guys and talk about this case over food and drinks. And I'd also like us to spend a day or two in court watching Juan make magic. I'm normally very quiet and reserved in person but I might just get a little too excited seeing Juan do his 'YES or NO?' thing. :happydance:

BK did a great job in note-taking today, as usual.

Didn't realize before today that the May 26 rant was such a 2way exchange.

Best shot across the bow for the day, imo, was the Valentine Day text, in which she says she already owns the spider man underwear. The ones he supposedly sent her that very day, in that imaginary package with pretend melted chocolates.

Hope I was gone most of the day yesterday and had to check in last night and read partial posts. I read that tweet and it was totally lost on me until this morning! Thanks so much. In my mind I was asking why this would be brought up when maybe Nurmi could use it to say how much she wanted to please him. It never occurred to me that she already owned the spiderman undies. Juan is so smart. The jury may have missed it also but he will let them know when he sums up all her lies. What I did notice and I thought was brilliant was the Juan switched questions from one topic to another. That will catch someone in their lies very fast.

I don't believe this is a complicated issue at all, but then again I'm a normal person and the judge is the judge.

To believe JW's story, you have to believe that ALL of the following are true:
- The state damaged the computer before turning it over.
- The defense expert fixed the damage without mentioning anything at the time.
- The state damaged the repaired computer again (in the exact same place apparently) after it was returned
- Whatever the defense offered as a substitute for a copy of the disk is good enough.

It's a giant pile of carp and it should take the judge like 5 seconds to throw it out.

JSS has two separate issues to sort out-

1. Sanctions-related. Did either the State or the DT damage or alter evidence (the HD), and if so, was it deliberate or accidental?

2. Admissibility of evidence related. Did Travis have and access actual *advertiser censored* files on his computer, or popup files caused by a virus, or nothing at all that is actual *advertiser censored*.

Even if there was *advertiser censored* on the computer, the DT is going to have to prove that Travis was responsible for it being there and that he accessed it. The computer was often in a common area shared by guy roommates. Beyond that JSS has to assess whether or not any files found are relevant...

Seems to me a long process, especially given JSS .

Scanning through the previous thread since I was out yesterday, it seems like the way to sum up Fonseca's testimony is:
1) "Whatever evidence the defense gave me is relevant and my findings are based on it."
2) "Whatever other evidence you may give me now will not cause me to change my findings."

Okay. Just got through reading everything you all posted through the night. Don't any of you know that social media like texting, emails, and websleuth posts aren't done after 11 P.M.? Isn't that what the good doctor said? Boy, she is really is need of a good shrink! ;)

Dont worry. Juan is brilliant. He has all this covered. :)

Count me in as well. :tantrum: I'd like to meet you guys and talk about this case over food and drinks. And I'd also like us to spend a day or two in court watching Juan make magic. I'm normally very quiet and reserved in person but I might just get a little too excited seeing Juan do his 'YES or NO?' thing. :happydance:

Fill in the blank

And his famous question "Did I ask you ______________ma'am?

These are two "Did I ask you's" that I can remember. There were lots more!

Did I ask you whether or not you called her stupid, ma`am?
Did I ask you for how long, ma`am?

I'd be all capital letters jealous to hear one of us spent an evening with Juan Martinez. Or even had a 5 minute chat with him in an elevator. ::confetti::balloons::Banane08:

:juanettes:

The hearing should have began ten minutes ago and I thought reporters said they would be there tweeting. Anyone have tweets?

Fill in the blank

And his famous question "Did I ask you ______________ma'am?

These are two "Did I ask you's" that I can remember. There were lots more!

Did I ask you whether or not you called her stupid, ma`am?
Did I ask you for how long, ma`am?

"Ma'am, would it affect your answer if you thought the prosecutor was or was not angry?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen