Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about his reputation among judges.

Yes. It's extremely normal for an expert to shake hands with the client. From all appearances, the sheriff's deputy and bailiff don't think JA is a security risk to the extent that they need to prevent witness contact.

But, but, but......he's a computer expert who is supposed to be objective. What am I missing here?

He shook JA's hand!? What is he a bleeping fan!? And JSS allows this crap?

IIRC, after his testimony, the state's forensic expert shook OJ's hand. Everyone was flabbergasted like us now, but nothing was ever made of it being contempt of court, etc. Of course, that was in California and they sometimes seem to have different rules.

This just blows my mind. Computer experts are supposed to be UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE and simply there to gather factual evidence. How can any unbiased forensics expert leave the witness box and walk over to the KILLER for a buddy/buddy handshake? I cannot believe it. I hope the cameras were still on.

It blows my mind too. Does anyone else think his actions were a Big FU to JM?

I don't like the "can't control a courtroom" phrase because it sounds too much like a grade school teacher who "can't control a classroom." In my opinion, the failure has been in what has gone on outside of the court room (in chambers or muffled bench conferences) or inside when the judge denied public access.

That was extreme.

ETA: Thank goodness for Bodney.

As a former grade school teacher and later a college instructor for future elementary teachers, I have found a huge distinction between "can't control a classroom" and "won't control a classroom." As teachers we are given tools, and as human beings we are given common sense (hopefully). What we choose to do with those tools, and common sense, distinguishes great teachers from ineffective teachers.

Hopefully, if we fail to or choose not to use those tools and then find our classrooms in chaos and the learning process corrupted, we buck up, get tough, change course, risk the inevitable ire of students and restore a healthy environment. It's never too late, and I would love to see this judge use some careful introspection, examine the weaknesses, the behaviors, the level of professionalism so often missing, and put that gavel to some good use, restoring order and justice to the courtroom.

This entire case has me baffled. I am aware that even criminals have rights but Jodi and the DT are turning into divas. So no stripes in court, no phots in court ..Suddenly Jodi doesn't want her paparazzi ? Could Jodi walk over a computer debacle ?

Oh, I never thought of it that way but I think you are spot on! Yeah, Divas. Whom the court indulges. Thanks!

Speaking of slimy cartoons, it turns out that Fonseca studies and works with sex offenders (Nurmi's speciality). Coincidence? I think not. She also:

... would like to reintegrate the molesters and pedophiles into our society but under strict supervision....Their sexual proclivity, while destructive, is neither evil nor diseased in ways those words are understood. To call it “satanic” is to misrepresent it “terribly,” she says. What pedophiles and molesters and rapists do is awful and wrong. But, she says, “these are our brothers,” part of “our human family” and she wants to carefully bring them back into the fold at a time when very few would agree with or allow her her wish.
http://www.thomaslarson.com/publicat...y-the-man.html

============================================================================

Now I can't find the original post that I copied this from. But THANK YOU for finding this drivel. WOW. She is :nuts:

AZlawyer, is it extremely normal for an expert to shake the hand of a CONVICTED MURDERER? That's the part I don't understand.

Expert witness Brian Neumeister holds up print-out of 70,000 deleted *advertiser censored* files.
b1S0huL.jpg

I am laughing so hard!

I know. I'm used to more formal courtroom protocol, and very strict judges when it comes to enforcing it.

You would love Canadian courts. I was on a jury for felony assault. The judge ruled that courtroom in a fair and just manner. The gravitas was palpable. It was also all, 'just the facts, ma'am'. There was a sense of decorum and ultimate respect for the process in the courtroom even though there were a couple of jurors who could care less behind the scenes.

ETA: oops, I see now you're in Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member