Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/26 -12/02/14 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See my post above with links, her sister did go to rehab, but it doesn't say out of the country I think the way it was posted was maybe just a typo??????

Again ... Jodi LIES. I don't believe anything she has/had to say. JMO and all that. Never seen anything to corroborate what Jodi "said" about her younger sister. Another country .... pfft. IMO. No typo ...my left foot.

BBM. You know, I think you're right, you're onto something... OT, but the example fits- when I had to take my proficiency test in French in college, we were assigned an article to discuss with our professor. If you could discuss the article fluently, you would gain your proficiency. I was advised by someone and it worked, to take the professor off-topic from the article. (I probably didn't know the article well-enough anyhow), but I demonstrated comfortability with the language and distracted him and proficiency in conversation.

I'm not sure I understand the correlation. You mean by taking the conversation in a different direction you satisfied what he meant by wanting to keep it in the original? I'm not sure that's the same. He didn't want her to go deeper into that territory. He wanted her to extricate herself from it by confessing and explaining. She did the opposite, and by that showed him he was not having the desired effect on her.

I'm not sure I understand the correlation. You mean by taking the conversation in a different direction you satisfied what he meant by wanting to keep it in the original? I'm not sure that's the same. He didn't want her to go deeper into that territory. He wanted her to extricate herself from it by confessing and explaining. She did the opposite, and by that showed him he was not having the desired effect on her.
No I mean she kept in control and manipulated him by distracting the conversation by bringing in the topic of guns. The technique worked for me in convincing my professor that I was fluent in French. Didn't say that it worked for Jodi, only that she tried.

No I mean she kept in control and manipulated him by distracting the conversation by bringing in the topic of guns. The technique worked for me in convincing my professor that I was fluent in French. Didn't say that it worked for Jodi, only that she tried.

But my theory has nothing to do with distraction. It was a very focused and deliberate message she was sending and very much on topic.

Flores is asking Jodi what was the purpose of the visit

02:40
JA: I’m just starting to remember. I’m just trying to remember that week, that whole week, and the week prior had a lot to do with it… the weekend or Friday night prior, I think
. - ( Travis telling her off and the gun was stolen.)

No. He was supposed to come twice. He was gonna’ maybe come up as… and I kinda’ like was hoping he would come by March, I’m sorry, May 24th, because I was singing the National Anthem at the races and I thought… I just... it’s part of one of my goals for this year was one of my fears to overcome was being in front of large crowds or public speaking, um…so - (Travis didn't go up there for that weekend, but Jodi did something that caused the rant because he didn't go?)
and

JA: Yes, we had sex a couple of times. Once was in his bed and once was again downstairs in his office. He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him, but he has a virus on his computer, so when he clicked the Start menu on Windows XP or Windows 2000 or whatever, you have like My Pictures, My Music, My Computer. You can usually click on My Computer and then go into the disc drive and open that. He clicked the Windows and it come up and none of that My Pictures, My Music, none of that would come up, so he had some kind of virus he was dealing with. His screensaver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen. It was just weird, and he said that is from the virus, too. I said, “That’s a cute screensaver,” and he said, “Yeah, it’s my stupid virus.” For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures, and they were from a lot of our church history trips which are on my other external drive which I haven’t been able to access for a long time, since after Christmas, because it just quit, and I just haven’t had the money to spend to get all that stuff back. - ( the hard drive that had the two penis photos )

Not all the photos had time stamps. Some were retrieved from unallocated clusters, and the time/date info was severed from the photos.

BBM I don't have the actual transcript but this is one account of what the expert said, which is/was what I'm questioning.

http://************.com/2013/04/22/jodi-arias-trial-rebuttal-winds-down-fog-fugue-freed-or-fraud-are-the-sex-pics-from-months-before-travis-alexanders-murder-do-they-show-arias-broke-in/

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why the link isn't being allowed.

"In testimony from Detective Michael Melendez where the images allegedly taken by Travis’s camera were recovered from the deleted or unallocated portions of the memory stick via Encase software we learned that the infamous afternoon of highly graphic sex images of both Travis and Jodi that were dated and time-stamped on June 4th took place that afternoon prior to Travis’s murder."

to deal with somone like JA. Not that anyone would be, but TA less than most. Although he had suffered abuse as a child, as an adult he seems to have been surrounded by wonderful, caring, morally "straight" people. I think of his friends who have testified and been interviewed. All of the women seem like terrific, honest, forthcoming people who address issues head on and not through manipulation, subterfuge etc. IMO, JA intentionally infiltrated this LDS community. TA was used to believing people were who they said they were and that his circle had shared values. I'm not sure he even knew people like JA existed. I mean, compare JA to the other women in his life who have come forward.

I don't think we can even imagine what she had put him through by the end. And he knew he had done things with her he wouldn't normally have done. And I'm sure she tortured him with it. And she has continued to do it all these years after she physically killed him. Torturing his family and friends. Broadcasting to the world horrible lies about pedophila and abuse and deviant behavior.

My husband & I have rather eclectic taste in movies and often use movie quotes (which the other person must identify by movie and character) with each other. JA always reminds me of this quote from the Terminator:

Only JA is worse as she doesn't even stop when her victim is dead.

I love your posts boytwnmom. And your wisdom. I hope you come around more often.

Jodi started write the letter when she was first arrested

FO , umm…they ran across the street to get you something to eat. You’re probably hungry by now. So I figured, in the meantime, while we’re waiting, and you’re just kind of sitting here and hanging out, if you want to draft the rough draft to Travis’ grandmother and family, this would be a good chance for you to do that (FO hands JA paper and pen).

15:14
JA: Well, it will just be just a rough draft.

15:16
FO: That’s fine.

15:17
JA: Can I take it back with me?

15:18
FO: Umm…

15:19
JA: So I can use it to work on the final draft?

Flores is asking Jodi what was the purpose of the visit

02:40
JA: I’m just starting to remember. I’m just trying to remember that week, that whole week, and the week prior had a lot to do with it… the weekend or Friday night prior, I think
. - ( Travis telling her off and the gun was stolen.)

No. He was supposed to come twice. He was gonna’ maybe come up as… and I kinda’ like was hoping he would come by March, I’m sorry, May 24th, because I was singing the National Anthem at the races and I thought… I just... it’s part of one of my goals for this year was one of my fears to overcome was being in front of large crowds or public speaking, um…so - (Travis didn't go up there for that weekend, but Jodi did something that caused the rant because he didn't go?)
and

JA: Yes, we had sex a couple of times. Once was in his bed and once was again downstairs in his office. He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him, but he has a virus on his computer, so when he clicked the Start menu on Windows XP or Windows 2000 or whatever, you have like My Pictures, My Music, My Computer. You can usually click on My Computer and then go into the disc drive and open that. He clicked the Windows and it come up and none of that My Pictures, My Music, none of that would come up, so he had some kind of virus he was dealing with. His screensaver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen. It was just weird, and he said that is from the virus, too. I said, “That’s a cute screensaver,” and he said, “Yeah, it’s my stupid virus.” For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures, and they were from a lot of our church history trips which are on my other external drive which I haven’t been able to access for a long time, since after Christmas, because it just quit, and I just haven’t had the money to spend to get all that stuff back. - ( the hard drive that had the two penis photos )

Sorry, I just came across this transcript, Page 6 of 24 and it claims:

http://archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/0607arias-sex-tape-proceeding.pdf

"And he can't lay the foundation for them other than that they came from the telephone."

Isn't that the phone that the old guy had given JA and then was subsequently lost for quite some time after the murder, only to miraculously reappear with the sex tape on it?

Nothing was naively assumed. Flores stated during the interrogation that they had forensically investigated the photos and confirmed that the date/time stamps were accurate.

Just so we don't assume anything, thereby avoiding naïveté, describe "forensically investigated" in that context.

What, specifically, was done to confirm that the date/timestamps were accurate?

Who proved the authorship of the thousands of electronic communications between the killer, her victim, Lisa Andrews, Chris and Sky Hughes, and Abe Abdelhadi -- for example -- and how was it done?

At that point into the interrogation, I don't even think it was known the camera has been found. The LE did not tell anyone about that critical piece of evidence.

I like to believe Jodi knew about cameras, since she was photographer extrodinaire, and was trying to pull off the naive, sweet girl act with Flores.

Sony has their own SD cards. You cannot buy a standard SD card with a Sony camera. JMO

The add-on option not supplied (bundled) with the camera:

pSNYNA-MSMT4G~TQMN_main_v500.png

BBM - I suspect the camera's memory wouldn't hold anything other than the general camera settings. On my old Nikon from a similar timeframe you can't take a picture without a memory card loaded AFAIK.

I recall researching this during the original trial.

You can indeed save images to the internal memory of the Sony Cybershot DSC-H9:

Sonycapacity_zps03513fc5.jpg

Sorry, I just came across this transcript, Page 6 of 24 and it claims:

http://archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/0607arias-sex-tape-proceeding.pdf

"And he can't lay the foundation for them other than that they came from the telephone."

Isn't that the phone that the old guy had given JA and then was subsequently lost for quite some time after the murder, only to miraculously reappear with the sex tape on it?

The Helio showed up two years later when Jodi didn't get her way in the plea deal she wanted, and that she'd smear Travis's good name.. It was found under the seat of her grandpa's truck by Aunt Sue when she went for Chinese takeout.

In the police interviews Jodi tells Det. Flores that she had ran out of gas and that is when she found her phone charger, under the seat on the passengers side.

She also says Darryl was the one that helped with costco (the 24 pack of water?), and that she'd brought a lot of books to Matt M. I guess he'd really had packed for her trip.

But my theory has nothing to do with distraction. It was a very focused and deliberate message she was sending and very much on topic.

She brought the subject of the gun up partly to look like she was being helpful. To appear she was offering information in advance. Detective Flores knew she had purchased a gun but it hasn't entered the conversation up until that point. There was an additional chilling element in the manner which she pointed it out. A cool, brazen casual reference. I agree with your observation regarding her showing no fear. She was entirely in control throughout, seeking to use whatever information she could to embroider her lies.

I'm sorry, I just do not remember her saying they did have vaginal sex, but if they did - I am sure JA would think that was a "red letter day". Anybody able to provide a link to when she said this? TIA!!!

ETA: maybe highlighting this event in her journal?

It's whens Jodi recorded the phone call. She was fishing for compliments, and stroking Travis's ego.

Just so we don't assume anything, thereby avoiding naïveté, describe "forensically investigated" in that context.

What, specifically, was done to confirm that the date/timestamps were accurate?

Who proved the authorship of the thousands of electronic communications between the killer, her victim, Lisa Andrews, Chris and Sky Hughes, and Abe Abdelhadi -- for example -- and how was it done?

You would have to ask Det. Flores and Maricopa LE that directly. Personally I have no reason to doubt his word. This trial may be rife with untrustworthy characters, but he is not one of them, imo.

Re: final usage of Travis' computer, that was at 4:54 pm. The last email axn had been at 4:19 pm. Ref. June 4, 2008.

Superb, Tuba thanks. Did they find any record of CDs being copied or viewed? I couldn't remember any points on that at all. This site is such a great source of information. If you can't remember a detail, someone else does. What a crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi