Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing - Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan, may even know a lot more about that subject than we are aware of....... I think he found out it was more than kicking a dog and that is why he wanted to ask AVL about JA torturing pets.

IMO

In one sidebar clips, he brings up JA squeezing a cat....squeezing too hard....out of anger. Judge wouldn't allow him to bring it up. :facepalm:

Motion for joinder.PNG

My best guess is that this new motion is courtesy of Jonathan Lee Riches, the prisoner who bombed Arias with the hep-c hoax and then the intervenor motion this summer.

Either that, or the clerk made an error on the entry to the docket.

I've tried search, but can't find what I'm looking for...IIRC not too long ago JSS replied to some comment or question saying that will be handled by another court. Anyone remember when that was, or what the comment or question was that brought this answer?

I've tried search, but can't find what I'm looking for...IIRC not too long ago JSS replied to some comment or question saying that will be handled by another court. Anyone remember when that was, or what the comment or question was that brought this answer?

This is ringing a bell and my hippocampus and JA trial PTSD are not letting me access that info in my brain properly. You don't mean the 10-24-14 settlement hearing before retired Maricopa County Superior Court Judge James Keppel, do you?

Motion to DISMISS DEATH PENALTY?!

What is that, about 29 such motions to dismiss the DP for a defendant convicted of especially cruel first degree [premeditated] murder?

JSKS is out of control.

When the judge is out of control, we should expect the Defense Team to be completely off the rails -- which is, of course, exactly what we have here.

Any one know what motion of jonder is?? At work and I can't look it up. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoinderThe union in one lawsuit of multiple parties who have the same rights or against whom rights are claimedas coplaintiffs or codefendants. The combination in one lawsuit of two or more causes of action, or groundsfor relief. At Common Law the acceptance by opposing parties that a particular issue is in dispute.

Source: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/joinder

I believe that it was during a hearing on 10/6 in front of the judge. Arias got up and tried to submit a written motion, but Martinez stopped it straight off the bat, saying she was no longer acting pro per, and thus not entitled to submit motions. Stephens agreed and it was determined that another judge would address the motion.

I have not been able to track this any further. I did not see it appear on the docket, as it should have if it was indeed filed.

On 10/20, there was an ex parte motion made by Arias to change counsel that was only recorded on the docket on 10/31.

This is ringing a bell and my hippocampus and JA trial PTSD are not letting me access that info in my brain properly. You don't mean the 10-24-14 settlement hearing before retired Maricopa County Superior Court Judge James Keppel, do you?
I'm not sure what it is dangling around in what's left of my brain. I remember a comment or two about it here, because we were questioning what other court? I'll check around that date though and see if that's what it was...

eta: Thank You, gcharlie! I think that's exactly it.

It was a motion Arias herself tried to present after she had relinquished self-representation. The judge told her that was out of order and referred it to an unnamed judge. I have never seen the content of the (probably hand written) motion.

??? That conference took place in 2013. Predated decision to retry.

View attachment 62926

My best guess is that this new motion is courtesy of Jonathan Lee Riches, the prisoner who bombed Arias with the hep-c hoax and then the intervenor motion this summer.

Either that, or the clerk made an error on the entry to the docket.

I sure hope the DT isn't forcing Mr. Martinez to join their cause due to Rule 19.

Gcharlie I would rather it be your best guess.

AZL....is it possible for CMJA to request a mistrial herself? If so,what would she have to demonstrate and how would she go about it?

Yes, Spycraft, we absolutely know that Kirk Nurmi is aware of his client as a liar. ​He was the one who finally convinced her to stop the masked intruder lying because no one would ever believe that and neither did he. It took many visits.

It's been on the Internet how JA's parents are seeking donations to have her conviction overturned. Does anyone hear with some legal knowledge know if this could be possible? Sorry, if this was already discussed.

It's been on the Internet how JA's parents are seeking donations to have her conviction overturned. Does anyone hear with some legal knowledge know if this could be possible? Sorry, if this was already discussed.

My guess is it falls under their right to free speech. Basically, a citizen can say pretty much whatever they want as long as they are not slandering anyone. They would have to be under oath to get away with slander.

That October 20 motion re: change of counsel has fascinated me, partly because it was so close to trial. Someone who was emotionally collected would not do that, so I sense we were mid-tantrum #98.

I sure hope the DT isn't forcing Mr. Martinez to join their cause due to Rule 19.

Gcharlie I would rather it be your best guess.

Rule 19 addressing joinder is part of the rules of civil procedure, not criminal procedure, so this would not apply. Rule 13.3 of addresses joinder under the Rules of Criminal Procedure.

BBM:

Snapped is a term I do not believe in. First of all; I believe those dark thoughts of killing had been building up over time. I just don't believe a person can 'snap' and brutally murder someone all of a sudden. They either have the propensity or capability toward murder or they don't.

There are untold numbers of women (and men) who are abused daily and they do not resort to murder. Besides, I do not believe CMJA was abused by Travis. SHE was the abuser. 'Snapped' is a misnomer and a made-up term for something a person was evil enough to do in the first place, IMO.

I'm sick and tired of mental illness being used in place of just plain evil.

*Not directed at you, ILikeToBendPages. I just wanted to say how I felt about 'snapped'.

:moo:

She 'snapped' and stole her grandfather's gun, staging that crime scene, borrowed gas cans, plotted a murder, tried to cover her tracks, etc.

Hers was a lengthy and meticulously premeditated 'snap' if ever there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons