Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe the defense thought they would get away with whatever it is they are up to. Isnt this like the 3rd or 4th time Juan has requested this? Can they get a mistrial on defense misconduct? (Maybe that is what they are going for)

No, please , no mistrial! :scared:

And we wonder why Travis could not get rid of Jodi....like a virus that kills.

I am really looking forward for Tuba to weigh in on the proceedings today.

14 witnesses, he only has problems with 3 and yet he made a motion to dismiss the DP because he couldn't put on a full mitigation case???

I thought the 14 witnesses were for this sub-trial. He's talking about that other trial?

It's just 14 more reasons for the jury to get angry. :)

Actually, that's not so uncommon. I frequently encrypt working papers, but his adamancy at not wanting to turn it over, as it's evidence in a DP sentencing, is troubling for me.

I understand encrypting hard drives for privacy and client confidentiality. But this is not his disk to encrypt. When you turn it over to the court, you give the key.

:Happybirthday: Happy Birthday Nali87 :balloons: We :heartbeat: you !!!!!! :party:

:cupcake: :partyguy:

Jeff Gold Esq. says the 14 are mitigation witnesses!

I find it hard to believe she even knew 14 people who are still living.

Okay, I'm getting punchdrunk on coffee, time to read and not post awhile.

I hope that the Defense does not call Brewer's son to testify about what a good auntie/friend/'step mother' Jodi was. I know she doesn't care about the well-being of others but I do hope that Brewer will protect and shield his son from this madness.

14 Witnesses?!!! We're really going down the slime highway now. . . :rollercoaster: . . . there is something inherently wrong here.

I just feel uncomfortable with beating up on the Judge. I know that I'm in the minority, but I trust her and understand that this is a DP case, so she wants to make sure that the Defense, no matter how goofy it seems, has a fair trial. She probably is disgusted as the rest of us. Just my Opinion
The problem is that for a trial to be fair, it should be fair to both sides. Handing the defense all, but muzzling/limiting the State is not by any means fair. Yes, it probably does cut down appeal issues if everything is handed to them on a platter, but it also interferes with justice for the victim. Truth and justice is what the goal is supposed to be, not a good appeals record for the judge.

does the state of AZ have no procedural rules parties are bound by? I don't even get this hearing today. It's supposed to be about misconduct-period. Yet the only allegation is incompetence (as if) of all computer experts expert for the new non-computer expert. Why are they getting into the contents on their own merits-that's an evidentiary issue that should be dealt with on appeal. I thought you had to accept the guilt phase during this phase?

And how can 14 witnesses be added now? That is a huge difference from what they were proceeding on when setting the matter for trial and during voir dire. Normally there are orders issued with mandatory states for disclosure of witnesses. You can't just get into the trial and keep adding witneses so thetrial doesn't ever end. I really think this is the plan. Just keep delaying until all the jurors flee or die.

Maybe AZL can explain these unique AZ processes.

14 witnesses???? And their names are sealed even though they are to testify in open court??

AZlawyer might be a better one to answer this. AFAIK, you are correct. Until sentenced, there is no conviction. Were the convicted killer to die prior to sentencing, the conviction would be expunged. I know this happened in another trial I watched or heard of. So... JMHO

Thats what Azlawyer said a few threads back. That's why JA doesn't weat her stripes in front of the jury. She has not been convicted, just found guilty. Who knew law could be so difficult?

I even gave her a pass on that one. But allowing a paid fool to accuse the State of misconduct and to refuse to turn over evidence is just way way too far into craycray to understand or defend.

I just read that he must turn it over on Monday. Hopefully that includes encryption password.

My god people, quit with the "she's going to get off Scott free" and the "the judge will let her off on a technicality" posts.

I agree, this is taking longer than we hoped. But let's use our common sense, JA isn't going anywhere.

She's also destroyed TA's hardrive killing any chance she could use it to prove anything on appeal.

does the state of AZ have no procedural rules parties are bound by? I don't even get this hearing today. It's supposed to be about misconduct-period. Yet the only allegation is incompetence (as if) of all computer experts expert for the new non-computer expert. Why are they getting into the contents on their own merits-that's an evidentiary issue that should be dealt with on appeal. I thought you had to accept the guilt phase during this phase?

And how can 14 witnesses be added now? That is a huge difference from what they were proceeding on when setting the matter for trial and during voir dire. Normally there are orders issued with mandatory states for disclosure of witnesses. You can't just get into the trial and keep adding witneses so thetrial doesn't ever end. IR eally think this is the plan. Just keep delaying until all the jurors flee or die.

Maybe AZL can explain these unique AZ processes.

Actually, with this trial it has been proven that anything goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member