Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, if juror 3's opinion is any indication, Fonseca probably did not come off well to the jury, at all. She said she thought maybe she started out good, but toward the middle (cross examination, of course, my words), she became disappointed in her and how her behavior devolved and just the sheer lack of professionalism.

Fantastic. Thank you. I feel better now, lol. I also am wondering how much Beth understand too. Just reading tweets from people who are there, no one really seems to understand. But I think her assessment makes sense, overall. The defense really has not proved intent, at all.

ETA: Glad it was just affidavits, lol. Those are probably the affidavits Juan was talking about. 14 new witnesses would have been ridiculous lol.
But from Flores's testimony today, I don't see how they mishandled evidence either. Did Beth further elaborate on that, or is she now taking a defense perspective???

I don't get it. Has JM had his computer forensics guys look at the 2008 image of the hard drive or not? Did they find this *advertiser censored* or not? Is it on the copy given to Dworkin or not? How is this difficult?

Today was all about BN and the DT accusing JM of misconduct and BN then went so far as to call him a liar straight to his face in court and called the PT computer experts idiots etc.... without any proof as yet. JM wants them to back up their words, then we can move on to the *advertiser censored* allegations I presume.

Is there a hearing tomorrow about anything?

OK, so maybe I was reading too fast. I understand the computer stuff. I even understand what BN was saying about Juan not getting the difference between a clone and an image, and Juan not understanding that he was asking for a picture of a picture. (Obviously I don't get why BN had to say those things like a petulant child and disrespect the court.)

But was there any testimony about anything important today? E.g.,

1. Was there child *advertiser censored* accessed on the laptop according to BN (not virus-*advertiser censored* but actually intentionally accessed *advertiser censored*)?

2. Was BN saying that the child *advertiser censored* or the evidence that it had been accessed was deleted? Or even that any *advertiser censored*/tracks of *advertiser censored* at all had been deleted?

Were the Twitterers just out to lunch or did no one ask any relevant questions?

BN said he deleted viruses from his mirror or clone or whichever he had but I didn't read any of the questions going to the heart of why they were there. BN did say that his file size was the same as the prosecutions so I was wondering why didn't JSS just end the hearing since defense's witness said they both had the same thing and the whole hearing was to determine if the prosecution deleted anything before handing it over to the defense.

But it just went on and on with none of the pertinent questions being asked/answered as to prosecutorial misconduct, which was why I thought they were there. And the court took an early 2 hour lunch with no explanation that any tweeter gave, right after the nudie pic timeline was threatened by Spybot activity at the time of one of the pic's timestamps. Courtus interruptus indeed.

Based on the tweets, the judge did order him to turn it over.

Yes, but he didn't comply, he consulted with Wilmott & Nurmi. I'd like to hear what AZLawyer thinks of that.

But from Flores's testimony today, I don't see how they mishandled evidence either. Did Beth further elaborate on that, or is she now taking a defense perspective???

I don't know, I don't subscribe to her. I guess my problem with the mishandling of evidence allegation is that it was the defense who requested to view the evidence. If they had said no, GP basically said he'd have gotten a court order. It would not have gone over. I can't see how that is truly the state's fault, but maybe it is.

Maybe she buys into the idea that a user initiated click downloaded QuickTime onto the computer on the day the computer was picked up or that. But it sounds like Juan has an expert who will say it might have been something else. We really need to hear what his expert has to say.

Yes, but he didn't comply, he consulted with Wilmott & Nurmi. I'd like to hear what AZLawyer thinks of that.

After he consulted with them, she ordered him to turn it over anyway. It was at the end of the day.

Sounds like she is very impressed with Bryan. And calling Juan a liar and all other computer experts idiots is understandable. :dunno:

Okay! Just listened to the juror's interview!

It was interesting but not super informative.

I now know why Nurmi added more witnesses. She learned it was going past Dec 18 and she couldn't do it anymore. Stuff came up. I do believe this is Nurmi's new goal

She was a very logical, focused person. Not a lot of emotion. She wasn't overtly pro state or defense. She did ask the "trigger" question. I think she would have been a leader and she would have made a good juror. But after listening to her, I'm still kind of glad she is off the jury lol. Something just rubs me the wrong way about her.

The BEST thing she said though is she is confident the jury will come to a unanimous verdict.

Having been on a jury, this makes perfect sense- the juror who feels inconvenienced. Buh- bye.

And how would she know how the rest of the jury is reacting?

I don't know, I don't subscribe to her. I guess my problem with the mishandling of evidence allegation is that it was the defense who requested to view the evidence. If they had said no, GP basically said he'd have gotten a court order. It would not have gone over. I can't see how that is truly the state's fault, but maybe it is.

Maybe she buys into the idea that a user initiated click downloaded QuickTime onto the computer on the day the computer was picked up or that. But it sounds like Juan has an expert who will say it might have been something else. We really need to hear what his expert has to say.

ETA: I don't think Beth is doing any such thing, though. She's one if the few level headed, sound people covering this trial. She's just going on the facts and being honest. There's nothing wrong with that. We can't just write people off every time they say something we don't like.

I'm not MeeBee but I didn't feel she was necessarily taking a defense perspective, but maybe they made a mistake by not leaving the computer on when they took it from the scene. I wonder if the protocol for handling computers has changed at all through the years. I don't even use a smart phone so I can't even venture a guess, LOL.

Like Flores said, he's not an expert and knew nothing about how to handle computers. If that's the case, it seems like there wasn't an SOP for that kind of thing at the time. JMO

If evidence is "mishandled" in any way...on any case..it will always have an impact on the side that relies on the strength (or weakness) of the evidence. In this case, the benefit on appeal will be in favor of the defense. Unfortunately. I don't think it will be a smoking gun that changes whether or not Jodi evades her conviction. It's just something that provides for an audience, an endless appeal budget, and ability to traumatize her perceived enemies. Which is why I think life in prison would ultimately be more healthy for everyone....especially his family...a greater chance at even a modicum of peace. :-(

Having been on a jury, this makes perfect sense- the juror who feels inconvenienced. Buh- bye.

And how would she know how the rest of the jury is reacting?

She wasn't inconvenienced. Something really did come up and she couldn't do it anymore. She was, quote, "pissed."

I thought she had a good reason for thinking this. She said the jury is already close and has good comradery and they are taking this very seriously. She was very confident about this and I believed her.

When was TA computer awaken from sleep mode? Is it possible to awaken from a sleep mode automatically, like I wake up at 7 computer awake at 7:25?

My desktop wakes itself at random times for no reason at all but I'm assuming TA's laptop was closed and then re-opened?? I think you can set an alarm to wake your computer up but I'm no expert.

Bombshell for me today - 14 DT witnesses? So, 14 men/woman who are idoling Jodi? That is the first thing that comes to my mind.

I'm not MeeBee but I didn't feel she was necessarily taking a defense perspective, but maybe they made a mistake by not leaving the computer on when they took it from the scene. I wonder if the protocol for handling computers has changed at all through the years. I don't even use a smart phone so I can't even venture a guess, LOL.

Like Flores said, he's not an expert and knew nothing about how to handle computers. If that's the case, it seems like there wasn't an SOP for that kind of thing at the time. JMO

That's what I got. She doesn't think they necessarily did anything deliberate, but that they made mistakes with the evidence. I also get the feeling she doesn't think it's a huge deal, it'll just be another appeal thing later on.

I'm wondering how they can get Matt M. on the stand without Juan ripping him a new one? Or Bobby J. and have Juan asked about his and Jodi's drug use and show the picture of him and Jodi and the lines of coke on the table, and Jodi in the spider man t shirt and braids, and get in to how kinky Jodi when they has sex

I hope that they're not going to call ALV or Samuels to beg for her life? And if Darryl B. gets up there I'd like to someone ask why he keeps calling Jodi a girl,she's a grown woman, she was a grown women when he met her (twenty two years older), and she was a grown woman when he had anal sex with her, she wasn't a girl.

A grown woman that was young enough to be his granddaughter and yet she's accusing TA's of having a problem, projecting much?!

Now this incest bs about her father, I hear her sister married their own nephew, is that where that idea came from?

Am I the only one who thinks something may be wrong with the judge's health? Fanning legal papers at the bench, she looks so frazzled, I am just worried about her health and making it to the end of this trial through hell.
She can be menopausal, and its humid because of the rain?

If evidence is "mishandled" in any way...on any case..it will always have an impact on the side that relies on the strength (or weakness) of the evidence. In this case, the benefit on appeal will be in favor of the defense. Unfortunately. I don't think it will be a smoking gun that changes whether or not Jodi evades her conviction. It's just something that provides for an audience, an endless appeal budget, and ability to traumatize her perceived enemies. Which is why I think life in prison would ultimately be more healthy for everyone....especially his family...a greater chance at even a modicum of peace. :-(

I thought the whole reason this went into second period was because JA refused the offer of LWOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukasmalachi