Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per BK. One of the 3 witnesses refused to write an affadavit. One hasn't responded. All 3 "refuse to participate." And one will only testify if the media is kicked out.

What a joke.

So did Nurmi say what happened with the subpoenas I assume he sent out?

jk

I LOVE Wild About Trials tweets...they make me laugh out loud!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:seeya: Me too ... and we need some levity having to deal with this

th
COURT !

Can't he appeal to the Supreme Court with the option to submit his arguments later? :thinking:

From what AZLawyer has said, he can. But that would be moving things along to quickly, wouldn't it? ugh

Per BK. One of the 3 witnesses refused to write an affadavit. One hasn't responded. All 3 "refuse to participate." And one will only testify if the media is kicked out.

What a joke.

Well, JA's available to continue....

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 15s 16 seconds ago

We will not be able to continue the hearing about the computer until Thursday at 9:30.

No testimony for jury this week. #JodiArias

What a total crock! I have never in my life heard anything like this farce of a trial, and I am almost 70 years old. What a slap in the face of Lady Justice.

So did Nurmi say what happened with the subpoenas I assume he sent out?

jk

Nurmi's reply was sealed pending his motion to the COA to be heard on the narrower issue of whether or not he has the constitutional right to throw the media out just when he's examining a witness and entering/ or leaving the court room.

What a joke.

Do all these witnesses have attorneys? Wonder who is advising them. While most people would fear contempt of Court these folks are beyond believable.

DGC :seeya:

I don't see how these poor jurors will be able to make it.

We all know JA has no life but the rest of us do. The Judge says one thing but turns around and does the exact opposite in the next breath. Does she even care that we're inching towards a mistrial due to inadequate jurors? One more week of torturous waiting for the family.

RBBM: BINGO ! Exactly, JMO but I think the jurors will start dropping like flies soon !

I am sorry to the poster, but I forgot who posted this last week : And Then There Were None !!!

So what will happen then ?

Will they be able to do the Penalty Phase again -- which would be for a third time ?

OR --

Does JSS sentence CMJA ?

And God forbid if JSS sentences CMJA because she will NOT give her LWOP IMO !

:moo:

RBBM: BINGO ! Exactly, JMO but I think the jurors will start dropping like flies soon !

I am sorry to the poster, but I forgot who posted this last week : And Then There Were None !!!

So what will happen then ?

Will they be able to do the Penalty Phase again -- which would be the third one ?

OR --

Does JSS sentence CMJA ?

And God forbid if JSS sentences CMJA because she will NOT give her LWOP IMO !

:moo:

I think they can redo the penalty phase again as long as the mistrial is not the prosecution's fault. But there might be a public outcry against spending another X million dollars on this nonsense.

What a joke.

"Refuse to participate eh?" No respect what so ever for the justice system. Either subpoena them (and lock them up) or go on without them Nurmi. You know what's even more insane? Even us, who only know about this stuff due to AzLawyer pro bono work and you know, COMMON SENSE, know that the Supreme Court will not grant his motion. Nurmi knows this won't fly. Still, he chooses to pursue this and waste everybody's time.

I think they can redo the penalty phase again as long as the mistrial is not the prosecution's fault. But there might be a public outcry against spending another X million dollars on this nonsense.
Can they continue the trial until next year in lieu of declaring a mis-trial?

How about a re-do with a different judge, one with DP experience who is known for being no-nonsense.

Can they continue the trial until next year in lieu of declaring a mis-trial?

I'm not sure what you mean. Continuing it will likely CAUSE a mistrial due to loss of jurors. I mean, how long can we expect these people to stay off Facebook??

I think Arizona should put this one to bed....AND install a NEW SEASONED judge for the next trial. Else, Arizona will be the laughing stock. imo

SMH. The Alexanders and Arizona won't try Arias again. If this is not Nurmi's strategy, it certainly is Jodi Arias'.:gaah:

AZL...

Does JM have any recourse - of any kind, anywhere, if it reaches the point where a mistrial is genuinely looming because of juror attrition due to DT's strategy of delay and obstruction?

I'm not sure what you mean. Continuing it will likely CAUSE a mistrial due to loss of jurors. I mean, how long can we expect these people to stay off Facebook??

Not just that AzLawyer.. They were chosen because they were available until around December 18th. What if more than the 3 alternates have other commitments they cannot get out of and need to be excused? Like juror 3 was just excused?

My son is at jury duty today. He didn't want to go, had to miss work, and has college finals next week. But, he is there because he has to be there and it's his civic duty. Later this week, he MUST appear in court, he was a victim of a crime months and months ago. He doesn't want to go, would like the case to go away, but the DA has issued a subpoena every singe time the case comes close to being heard. The guy who threw stuff at moving cars, my son and others car from a bridge, keeps postponing the case. Yet, our DA makes sure my son receives a subpoena every time it is postponed, and my son is the VICTIM! Nurmi needs to get his chit together, it really isn't difficult to get a witness to appear. JMO

(BTW - the thought did cross my mind that my son was brought into jury duty for his own case that will be later in this week, wouldn't that be something?)

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3s 4 seconds ago

Even over the sizzle noise I can hear Judge and counsel all laughing out loud. Happy Murderer Monday everyone! #JodiArias

I wonder if the Alexanders sitting there watching this even enters their minds? Note to self.....never, ever follow any court case out of Az., again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind