Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZL...

Does JM have any recourse - of any kind, anywhere, if it reaches the point where a mistrial is genuinely looming because of juror attrition due to DT's strategy of delay and obstruction?

Yes, he can take a special action to the Ct App. But he has to take a special action from a specific ruling made by JSS, like "OK, no trial this week." And the reason he doesn't do that is because scheduling is firmly within the discretion of the trial court, so there is a zero percent chance that the Ct App will overrule a ruling like that.

I'm sorry, but I think AZ is the laughing stock...
Because of the DT antics, people are noticing and people are talking about the way
this trial has become a circus...
Plus the amount of money that the AZ taxpayers
are required to pay for a muderess...
And right about now ole Stabby is laughing too...The attention this gives her can't get much better than this...MOO
SMDH

AZL...

Does JM have any recourse - of any kind, anywhere, if it reaches the point where a mistrial is genuinely looming because of juror attrition due to DT's strategy of delay and obstruction?

I hope so. I would sort of love to see a motion to that effect from the prosecution, if it's possible. However, I say "sort of" because we're kind of drowning in parallel, secondary and tertiary sub-trials already.

Has anyone been keeping track of how many "Orders" that JSS has issued in this case that the DT has not complied with? Orders for turning over (discovery, reports, HD's, pictures). Orders for witnesesses to show up and testify.

Court calendars are a waste of time anymore because she has to check with the DT to see if she has their permission or not to continue!

What blows my mind is that the Judge during the last penalty phase simply said 'Fine, your mitigation witnesses do not wish to testify, let's move on to the allocution' but this time around she is willing to risk a mistrial?? What happened to this Judge?

Well, to put a pollyanna spin on things. Jurors aren't actually missing a lot of work or whatever else they do. It's probably reached the point where they tell bosses and spouses or what not- " plan on my not having to be in court tomorrow or for the week. Actually, tell you what. Let's just assume I don't have court on any day, and we'll deal with my having to go in when thst issue actually comes up."

Nurmi's reply was sealed pending his motion to the COA to be heard on the narrower issue of whether or not he has the constitutional right to throw the media out just when he's examining a witness and entering/ or leaving the court room.

So even if it is done in secret and this trial ends (IF this trial is ever ends) surely somebody that's in that room will talk. The Alexander family, or the jurors??? It's not like they are witnesses for the mafia...
So eventually everyone will know who they are and what they said, right? So what good does it do to have them testify in "secret" ? Or will they ALL be gagged for life?

DGC :seeya:

I don't see how these poor jurors will be able to make it. We all know JA has no life but the rest of us do. The Judge says one thing but turns around and does the exact opposite in the next breath. Does she even care that we're inching towards a mistrial due to inadequate jurors? One more week of torturous waiting for the family.

I believe, truly, that JSS is hoping and praying for a mistrial. She's aiding and abetting JA so she can give her LWP....just to stick it to JM. It's all a big game of gotcha.

I'm not sure what you mean. Continuing it will likely CAUSE a mistrial due to loss of jurors. I mean, how long can we expect these people to stay off Facebook??

I know you answered one of my questions about a week ago, as to whether there is a supervising judge who oversees JSS, and could question some of this. You stated they wouldn't normally micro-manage the process.

Can I just say this is beyond the "micro-managing" stage, LOL! This is truly become a circus. Is there no judge that can tell her to get control of her court process again? I desperately want you to say yes, LOL! :)

This is infuriating, to say the least. I know the Alexander's believe she deserves the Death Penalty and most of us here do too, but with that being said after understanding what KCL and her family have been put through and what a death sentence means in terms of automatic appeals I can't help but feel maybe this ultimately will be the best way things can go- sentence her to LWOP, and be done with her. Give the stupid idiot what she thinks she wants.

I know it will feel like Arias "wins" but does she really? I think she is stupid enough to believe that but I think when the reality sets in, the joke will be on her. I don't care anymore if she becomes a "star" in prison and what exactly does that even mean? Do I care if she manipulates other, equally despicable, inmates? Um- no. Do I think Jodi will adapt to prison and have a good life... um- no- not.even.close.

She will NEVER set foot outside of prison- alive.

I believe 100% that after awhile she will commit suicide when the reality of her life sinks in, if she is given LWOP. I think she will commit suicide, eventually, if she is sentenced to death.

Either way she is never going to walk amongst innocent, vulnerable people- ever again.

I want this to be over for Travis' family and loved ones. I want her gone from the spotlight. I want her to FINALLY go to prison- ASAP. Whatever is meant to be- I want to happen... sooner rather then later. My only wish is that it could be on the Alexander family terms. That THEY would be the ones to say enough... we are done- sentence her to LWOP and then Jodi Ann Arias will get what she deserves. To go to prison and to finally be forgotten.

I hope the COA issues their opinion- immediately.

I believe, truly, that JSS is hoping and praying for a mistrial. She's aiding and abetting JA so she can give her LWP....just to stick it to JM. It's all a big game of gotcha.

I really doubt it. Or she must be committing career suicide. She's just being way too cautious and lenient.

I think it is time for Gorilla Media! Let the media put all of this on big display and start asking questions of the AZ public on how they feel about the delays, the taxes they have paid to keep this fiasco going, and the number of times that there was no follow through by the DT. Interview other judges, Atty's, and people on Death Row who didn't get the same treatment as Miss Jodi. Maybe if this is blasting on their nightly news for a week, the public pressure might sway the Judge to return this courtroom to normalcy.

At least JSS would know that people want to hold HER accountable for her own actions (let alone Nurmi & Wilmott).

Bombshell! New record set in CMJA trial for shortest court day! Began at 9:36 and ended at 9:54 and 9 of that handful of minutes were spent at sidebar.. 2 of those for the "day."

I know you answered one of my questions about a week ago, as to whether there is a supervising judge who oversees JSS, and could question some of this. You stated they wouldn't normally micro-manage the process.

Can I just say this is beyond the "micro-managing" stage, LOL! This is truly become a circus. Is there no judge that can tell her to get control of her court process again? I desperately want you to say yes, LOL! :)

Yes, but don't you think he would have done so by now if he wanted to get involved? There must be something in the super-secret hearings that makes even the presiding judge think this is at least borderline OK.

Not to mention JM...are we sure he's even objecting to the delay at this point? All we know is that he was laughing at the bench.

Yes, but don't you think he would have done so by now if he wanted to get involved? There must be something in the super-secret hearings that makes even the presiding judge think this is at least borderline OK.

But which the COA still disagreed with

Not to mention JM...are we sure he's even objecting to the delay at this point? All we know is that he was laughing at the bench.

The end result of the choice between laughing and crying

I really doubt it. Or she must be committing career suicide. She's just being way too cautious and lenient.

Sorry...agree to disagree....she is completely incompetent and totally biased. Her "career" should definitely be over! MOO

I think maybe the first trial took a lot out of her....it too went on and on, but was of a piece ...guilt, aggravating, sentencing, and she never had the opportunity to step back and find another perspective. Which was good.

Now, like the jury, she has only the single focus of helping to determine if a defendant in her court room will receive the DP. Its a huge burden to place on jurors, and its the first time she's carried that burden herself. Maybe she just isn't DP qualified judge in practice.

Truthfully, tho, I no longer care to try to figure her out either. What's the point.

Thanks for this post, AZlawyer. We have to remember that we do not know what's going on. We are impatient, but we can't see the whole picture here. Or any picture, which is part of our frustration.

Ugh, the laughing. I wish the Twitter reporters would leave that kind of thing out. Really unhelpful and content-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann