Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Because she's very very good. She held her own. And years of experience sometimes mean you are out-of-date in your field. Just look at ALV's outdated beliefs for example. As for me personally, I'd rather go to a brand new grad out of medical school, current on the latest knowledge, than some old coot who started practicing in the days of Louis Pasteur. Juan knew to expect this.

Yet again... I should read before I post! Just said much the same thing, but a good sign that jurors may indeed be thinking this too!

Interesting. Could this be why the jurors were being questioned yesterday.?
https://twitter.com/BAtlinburg/statu...18805027086336

And it went Poof within seconds. Sorry. It was a video of the juror that was dimised. I believe the last name is Garcia. The clip said something about how the jurors were stunned that Arias was on the stand and something about it being discussed.
Then there was a tweet to SW about it and she said she sent the clip to the defense. This is the clip https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153610411514546&set=vb.537149545&type=2&theater

The tweet or message can be seen on the JA hashtag. It was still there the last time I looked.

This does not sound good at all. If I'm understanding correctly it seems she was interviewed after beng dismissed, and made "we" type comments?

Not good. What happens if jurors are dismissed? Would the situation be treated as a mistrial like what would happen if the jury hangs again? Meaning would sentencing be up to JSS?

And also, very interesting write up from yesterday.

Eta: grrrr, can't c&p link. PS made a Facebook post about yesterday's testimony.

Is there court today? 10FEB2015? Who is expected to testify if so?

But the problem is what she is saying. She is making it sound like the jurors DISCUSSED the testimony of JA. And that would be a big NO NO--possibly resulting in a mistrial.

I didn't get that at all from what she says- she uses that horrible slang ... like we all... it was to me that she was saying when they came back in and looked around- and nobody was there but Jodi was on the stand they all looked at each other (confused- obviously- and with GOOD reason) and they looked at each other like what? I think she was saying you could tell everyone was confused- that is NOT discussing the case. I'm sure the jurors are very good by now at reading one another's faces and reactions- they don't have to completely hide their feelings like a poker game from each other- that would be ridiculous and impossible- IMHOO.

The computer experts would certainly be able to tell if a keystroke logger had been there. Most likely, TA was choosing weak passwords.

I've been thinking about how JA had forwarded all of TA's Gmail. It could have been something like this (which was definitely possible even in 2007 and 2008.) ~snipped by me~

Kind of fuzzy on this, but IIRC Travis knew JA was breaking into his computer. So did some of his PPL friends because she was redirecting some of his new PPL signups to her own account to receive the commission.

So, how can Jodi have PTSD if she lied about the murder and the events surrounding it? Also, if someone has PTSD they would not want back to the trigger. Jodi did want to go to Travis' house during the memorial. That is not PTSD, IMO.

For example, I was a in bad motorbike accident overseas and to this I despise motorbikes and actually got all shaky and nervous the other day when a friend was talking about buying one in the Spring.

I avoid Irving Texas as much as I can. My heart pounds in my chest, I hyperventilate (I guess I could be having a nervous breakdown according to Dr. Jodi), my hands shake, and I remember every detail of what happened to me. That to me is PTSD. Not Oh can we drive by Travis's after she killed him.

The trigger question gave me pause because of Candy Montgomery. She killed Betty Gore by whacking her with an axe forty times. Candy said her trigger was Betty (the victim fault of course) said shhhh and Candy remember her mother telling her to shhhh in the ER when was little and getting stitches, so she went nuts. I think this jury will be like Darryl B. He said he doesn't like state killings - but that Jodi needed help and should never be let out of prison.

Just watched the video with the dismissed juror. THIS is a potential problem. She said something like " we came in from lunch and everyone was gone but the defendant was on the stand...AND WE WERE ALL LIKE 'WHAT HAPPENED HERE..." :doh:

Ummmm...Nurmi is going to be all over this and scream for a mistrial

:seeya: I totally agree with you, katydid !

I am surprised, however, that Nurmi has not screamed for a mistrial on this when it happened because no doubt, the defense and their minions monitor social media. JMO but this dismissed juror wanted her "15 minutes" ... MOO !

Now, as to yesterday, I think something big time happened, but of course, it could be another attempt by the defense to get a mistrial as they are "sneaky" and "conniving" !

But JSS called in each juror to speak with them individually ... then nothing ... no news, no updates, nada, zippo !

So what REALLY happened, or is it a dt tactic ?

:gaah:

Yet another delay today...
From reviewing the juror questions for Dr D, I am now more than ever convinced they will not sentence the murderer to death. I believe Nurmi has indeed been successful in saving his client's life. My guess is the jury will come to a consensus that CMJA suffers from agency form of mental illness and will spare her.
The thing that breaks my heart is that Travis will never get the justice he deserves. The killer's defense is based on her lies. There is no way to disprove them. He cannot defend himself. And I am upset that this killer may win again...in the sense that she continues to attack Travis' character and she makes up more lies as she goes. I am disgusted with this farce of a trial. This "retrial" is now longer than the guilt phase, for crying out loud. I have tried to avoid judge bashing, but it is clear JSS is in way over her head, justice is not prevailing here, the trial has gone awry because this judge is not a manager of anything - no time management, no limits on sidebars, allowing frivolous motions, affidavits from anonymous people, weeks of inactivity, secret testimony, etc. Total disregard for the jury, no boundaries. No order.
Wasted resources. How can JSS expect 16 people to put their lives on hold for so long? This retrial was supposed to end December 18.

I am beginning to think it is JSS strategy to lose jurors and JSS will sentence her to LWOP.

Everyone wins, except Travis and the Alexander family. It saddens me that justice will not be served, for the victim.
Yep, I am bummed. I check twitter at the end of the day only to find much of the same nonsense. No progress. One step forward, two steps back.

:goodpost: :goodpost:

I totally agree, with the exception of one point:

BBM: I believe that JSS will sentence JA to "life" not LWOP.

JMO and a big fat MOO !

Kind of fuzzy on this, but IIRC Travis knew JA was breaking into his computer. So did some of his PPL friends because she was redirecting some of his new PPL signups to her own account to receive the commission.

Do you have a link for info about her redirecting PPL signups? I've never heard that.

No, the dismissed juror was being interviewed by a tv reporter. And she said on tv, that ' We were surprised to see her on the stand in an empty courtroom, and WE THOUGHT ' WHAT HAPPENED?'

The tweet was from a JA supporter, who sent the video to Nurmi, saying it would be helpful because it seemed to show that the jury was discussing the case...

And it does seem to show that, but who knows if she is telling an accurate story?

That is probably why they went in one by one---to be asked if they discussed the super secret testimony with each other.

Well then, this could be serious. Or it could be much ado about nothing.

The jurors thinking "WTH" is a far cry from them "discussing her testimony." IMO

V
:seeya: I totally agree with you, katydid !

I am surprised, however, that Nurmi has not screamed for a mistrial on this when it happened because no doubt, the defense and their minions monitor social media. JMO but this dismissed juror wanted her "15 minutes" ... MOO !

Now, as to yesterday, I think something big time happened, but of course, it could be another attempt by the defense to get a mistrial as they are "sneaky" and "conniving" !

But JSS called in each juror to speak with them individually ... then nothing ... no news, no updates, nada, zippo !

So what REALLY happened, or is it a dt tactic ?

:gaah:

Doggone,do you think we'll find out today what JSS was discussing with each juror?

Awesome post OBE! The thanks button was not enough.
At the end of the original trial I thought Travis may have been a victim of DV, this re-trial has brought out more information and has left me with absolutely no doubt that Travis was a victim. Travis' family has known all these facts and much much more all these years and they are still waiting for justice. So very very sad.

In JM closing he needs to put up on screen all the evidence that pointed to CMJA and DV and turn it around and say it was not CMJA that was the victim of DV it was TA.

I read the entire Sechrest opinion that Nurmi cited to JSS yesterday.

Sechrest was a DP case; he kidnapped, harmed, then murdered two children.

His entire trial lasted 9 days. The jury returned a guilty verdict on day 7. The sentencing phase followed immediately, and within 2 days the jury had sentenced him to death.

Nine days.

In a hearing before the district court, Sechrest sought to establish that he was denied his sixth amendment right to effective counsel because of his attorney's failure to prevent Gerow from testifying for the State. The district court determined that defense counsel's performance was substandard in that he failed to interview Gerow before the penalty phase in order to evaluate the possibly damaging effect of Gerow's testimony (defense counsel did communicate with Gerow several times before the State indicated its desire to use Gerow as a witness). Despite its determination that defense counsel's representation was deficient, the district court denied relief because Sechrest had failed to demonstrate that he had been prejudiced by his attorney's performance. This appeal followed.

Taken from:
http://law.justia.com/cases/nevada/supreme-court/1992/21827-1.html

His entire trial lasted 9 days. The jury returned a guilty verdict on day 7. The sentencing phase followed immediately, and within 2 days the jury had sentenced him to death.

Nine days.

Ok. I have BPD. I was diagnosed in my early 20s. BPD people aren't manipulative on purpose not in the regular understanding of manipulating. What happens is that a BPD person is terrified, absolutely terrified about being abandoned, even if there is no abandonment taking place, it can be the perception of being abandoned that causes fear. A BPD person then goes into a type of panic mode, that they can't exist without that person in their life and that is why they do things to try and keep that person in their life, like self-harming to get the care and attention, splurging money to give treats to people, being reckless with money so the other person has to manage their money for them. It's not conscious manipulation, it's a primal fear. BPD people have an emotionally unstable personality (and in fact in the UK many psychiatrists now call BPD Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder). The best way to explain it is that we don't have the tools to deal with handling emotions that a "normal" developed adult has. We are kind of stuck in that awkward adolescent stage where everything is a complete drama. Having BPD doesn't excuse soneone's actions. I know right from wrong. It doesn't mean that someone cannot control what they do. Typically a BPD person is aware of what they are doing, they may not be consciously aware that it is manipulative though.

I have the added difficulties of experiencing psychosis when extremely stressed or depressed. That is completely different to BPD. Having BPD does not mean you WILL be psychotic at any time. I also have a diagnosis of PTSD. Jodi does not at all present as having PTSD. She has no heightened startle reflex and doesn't go out of her way to avoid the alleged cause of the PTSD.

Nine days.

I have always believed that if TA had killed JA, his trial would have been over that quick and he would be waiting on Death Row today--even if it began with her attacking him with a knife that she brought with her after days, if not weeks, of premediation, and he was somehow able to get control of her weapon and it then became a true self defense scenario. There would have been no 6+ years awaiting trial and no multi-million-dollar trial dragged out for months, delayed, dragged out some more, etc. There would have been no hung jury. TA would have been convicted and sent to Death Row very quickly.

IMO

The book I'm reading on BPD says Princess Diana had BPD.

Exactly, and I am almost sure 99% someone on that jury know someone with BPD or they themselves have been Dx as BPD. If any of the jurors know someone with an eating disorder than the juror know someone with BPD.

Just my 2 cents...I've "watched" this re-sentencing trial by Twitter since October, and all I really can say about the proceedings is what a colossal waste of time!!! There is nothing in JA's life that could be deemed "mitigating" and in all the blah, blah, blahing of the DT's witnesses- not one ounce of defense for her actions!!! This shouldn't have taken more than a couple of weeks. All of the other stuff thrown in by JA, et al, was just a really bad attempt at burying the truth in a bunch of garbage. All the layers need to be stripped back to what this resentencig trial is all about- do the actions of the defendant warrant the DP. Yes or no??!! I know the DT is hoping that this will get lost in the months of BS, but I'm praying that it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela