Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have thought that for a long time. I can't imagine he would do that without signing it over to her. It could be she never asked to use the BMW to go get the Uhaul since I think Travis would have dropped her off if she had asked. jmo

I thought JA rented the car-toting trailer for the UHaul for the purpose of towing the car to Yreka? Perhaps she was in the process of stealing it when she destroyed it? If she was just using the trailer to take the car back to Travis', this seems very unlikely, and that kind of rental would surely be indicated on the invoice? Trailer to Yreka=one way. Trailer to Travis' and return=roundtrip, with delivery back to same rental agency. The charges for one way are different from the charges for roundtrip.

Yes, it seems likely that Travis would have dropped her off at the UHaul place. Somehow or other, she decided the BMW was "hers" and was driving it away. I'll bet he wasn't even at home when all this transpired, and she was headed off into the sunset with it. And then when she messed it up, it became his liability.

I thought JA rented the car-toting trailer for the UHaul for the purpose of towing the car to Yreka? Perhaps she was in the process of stealing it when she destroyed it? If she was just using the trailer to take the car back to Travis', this seems very unlikely, and that kind of rental would surely be indicated on the invoice? Trailer to Yreka=one way. Trailer to Travis' and return=roundtrip, with delivery back to same rental agency. The charges for one way are different from the charges for roundtrip.

Yes, it seems likely that Travis would have dropped her off at the UHaul place. Somehow or other, she decided the BMW was "hers" and was driving it away. I'll bet he wasn't even at home when all this transpired, and she was headed off into the sunset with it. And then when she messed it up, it became his liability.

Picking it up the Uhaul would have been empty. She had to go back to the house to get her boxes stored in his garage and her belongings that were wherever she had been staying. Plus she still had her car there. Seems strange that she would drive his car when she had to load her's onto the trailer. Why not just do it once?

Jodi testified (day 17) that she kept "hitting save" every few minutes so the conversation could be replayed later.

That would be really hard to do exactly every 3 minutes. She's having an orgasm and hitting save at the same time? Her sentences are even longer than 3 minutes, doncha think? I'll bet Travis' are, 'cos he was falling asleep.

I believe he knew she was coming over, especially if it was 4 am. I think there is more here than has been let out about why she was coming over. I think it had to do with that last blow up they had, I still have a hard time believing after that blow up between TA and JA that they had sex or took nude pictures that day. I think TA thought JA had left by the time he went to take a shower, and from the shower pics on those were the whole, "If I can't have him, no one else will" because I believe that is exactly why she killed him. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think I am far off base here.

To Me,

There are pictures in that shower when Travis is ALONE with his thoughts, if not his God.

Then there is a picture of utter surprise and dismay. MOO

BBM - Re the:

"RECORD CALL
Records the conversation for up to three minutes during a call.
DO NOT record any calls unless you have informed all the parties in
the call that you are recording the conversation. Not informing all
the parties that a call is being recorded may be illegal.
"

I recall that tape being way longer than 3 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNFSY5x-3w&feature=youtu.be&t=32m17s

And there aren't breaks every 3 minutes for her to restart the recording - I still think that phone recording is a bunch of clips strung together from different conversations, and probably recorded on something else.

Imo she took his car out, pulled either the engine or transmission plug and ruined his car

Why would she or he think it was a good idea for her to drive the dang car to uhual and tow the bmw back to his house??? Makes no sense imo

Also makes no sense she is going to drive the uhual towing 2 cars 1000 miles...nah never in the plans IMO...especially after she had previously sliced the tires two times on this vehicle..

Anyway just my opinion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think she rented the dolly to take her own car back. She was going to drive the UHaul and needed to tow her Infiniti.

Picking it up the Uhaul would have been empty. She had to go back to the house to get her boxes stored in his garage and her belongings that were wherever she had been staying. Plus she still had her car there. Seems strange that she would drive his car when she had to load her's onto the trailer. Why not just do it once?

You are correct.

Get the UHaul, load it...without having to jump the dolly at every turn. Then go get the dolly and go pick up the car.

Hey, It's Jodi's story.

FYI.

Beth Karas will have video of the entire trial as soon as it's made available. If sidebars were videotaped she'll post those too, if not she'll post the transcripts.

She put in a request to the PIO on Thursday for transcripts of the in chambers meeting about JA's secret testimony. JSS said it would be unsealed some days ago, but Beth seemed to think JSS hasn't yet ordered them unsealed. :( Sounds like it'll be coming later rather than sooner.

It'll probably take a few motions by media and a hearing or two (and maybe a lightning strike) before we ever see it.

Imo she took his car out, pulled either the engine or transmission plug and ruined his car

Why would she or he think it was a good idea for her to drive the dang car to uhual and tow the bmw back to his house??? Makes no sense imo

Also makes no sense she is going to drive the uhual towing 2 cars 1000 miles...nah never in the plans IMO...especially after she had previously sliced the tires two times on this vehicle..

Anyway just my opinion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No telling what she did, BUT, she would have done ANYTHING to stay in Mesa. MOO

There is one thing that has bothered me about the evidence. It’s a minor thing, and it doesn’t diminish the guilty verdict, but I know it to be incorrect. The evidence was about the credit card charges when Jodi rented the car. She said her reason for changing her mind on something was due to what Priceline offered on the rental car. Juan said she didn’t go to Priceline to rent the car. His proof was credit card charges were shown that the rental car agency was the vendor on her credit card receipt. He said if she had rented the car through Priceline, then Priceline would be shown as the vendor on her credit card receipt. That’s not correct. His proof was her credit card receipt showing the rental car agency as vendor as opposed to an airline ticket she purchased – Priceline was shown as the vendor for the plane fare purchase.

I’m not sure as to their current policy, but during the timeframe when Jodi rented the car, when a car was rented through Priceline, it was just a reservation. Priceline held the reservation, but no charges were made. The rental car company *would* charge credit cards directly. When the person picked up the car, that was the only time credit card information was exchanged. Priceline’s name would not appear anywhere on the credit card receipt.

For air fares, it was different. The moment the reservation was made, the ticket was purchased by Priceline, and Priceline would show up on credit card statements.

I know this to be a fact because I handled travel arrangements where I worked, and that’s just the way it transpired.

It doesn’t change anything, and that one data point is insignificant in the whole scheme of things, however.

Signed – new member anxiously awaiting transcript from testimony given chambers due to be released.

Great observation and great first post!!! :welcome6:

From my feeble memory :eek:ddsmiley: Travis sold the BMW to Jodi.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/11/ijvm.01.html
Ironically, even though Travis Alexander was born to drug addicted parents, he was a self-made success story. He lived in a beautiful new home in Mesa, Arizona, with a sprawling master suite. And after getting a Toyota Prius, he sold his other car, a BMW, to Jodi.

Same is said in Hogan's book :
https://books.google.com/books?id=iVRuAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=Travis+sold+Jodi+the+BMW&source=bl&ots=k29PtD5waW&sig=UeZiJSHoPVgTKcRNtJZuFvu_s8c&hl=en&sa=X&ei=pu7fVI3HFueIsQS5tILQBQ&ved=0CB0Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=Travis%20sold%20Jodi%20the%20BMW&f=false

sold the car for $6000 with the agreement of payments $100 per month or more once settled and a better job. (paraphrased)

But that's per Jodi that he sold her the car. $6,000 would have been a ridiculous price to ask for a Beemer, and Travis was having financial difficulties.

I think she was stealing the car while he was out. IMO, She was going to load up the UHaul when he wasn't home and take off, BMW in tow.

I think she rented the dolly to take her own car back. She was going to drive the UHaul and needed to tow her Infiniti.

Her Mom flew down to Mesa to help her move back, right? Could her Mom have driven the Infiniti back, seems like that would have been the original plan rather than try to tow it 1000 miles. Otherwise what would she have needed her Mom for, she had few possessions to return with.

But she says the Beemer was going to be hers (whether she was paying for it or he gave it to her). She couldn't put the Infiniti and the Beemer on the dolly. When was the Infiniti repossessed?

Don't mind me, I was just using the same word used by the evil JA.

But she says the Beemer was going to be hers (whether she was paying for it or he gave it to her). She couldn't put the Infiniti and the Beemer on the dolly. When was the Infiniti repossessed?

She told Flores she had recently 'given it back to the bank' during Interrogation Day 1 but I don't recall any date being stated, at least not that I've seen.

And there aren't breaks every 3 minutes for her to restart the recording - I still think that phone recording is a bunch of clips strung together from different conversations, and probably recorded on something else.

I have always wondered if the phone conversation she recorded was a script they were both reading.
I haven't posted much on this case, but have been following it.

May 19th? I think it was 10 days after the sex tape.

"You’ll be able to listen. You’ve listened to that recording. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether or not you believe he knew, or believed that this is something that was being recorded. She says oh no, I kept hitting the save button, I was the one that did it. And she kept it, and she kept it all the way from May 10th of 2008. But things were not going so well at that point, and in fact, by May 19th of 2008, just nine days after that, Mr. Alexander is on the computer, this instant messaging service, with somebody named Regan Housley. And he’s talking to her and he says I’m extremely afraid of Ms. Arias because of her stalking behaviour. How prophetic of him, back on May 19th."

https://jodi-arias.wikispaces.com/Martinez+Closing+1

the link you have provided is George Barwood's and he lives in England and is a trial watcher. Not reliable in my book.

Her Mom flew down to Mesa to help her move back, right? Could her Mom have driven the Infiniti back, seems like that would have been the original plan rather than try to tow it 1000 miles. Otherwise what would she have needed her Mom for, she had few possessions to return with.

But she got rid of her mother before the loading of the UHaul, etc.? She didn't want her mother around, since mom might notice what was actually transpiring? And it was her mother's idea to come down and help, right? I'm sure Jodi didn't like this at all, even more than usual, because she was "up to something".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966