Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she did know, that's just it, at the very least because Juan told her. I happen to think it was a brilliant strategy. Give 'em what they want knowing full well it will be overturned and they can't complain any further!

Linas, I must respectfully disagree. JSS' decision wasted the entire court's valuable time, money, and other resources. She wasted the CoA's and SC's time. That is not brilliance, it's either incompetence or judicial cowardice, or both, imo.

Thanks! I also will not be buying their book. JMO of Chris Hughes is that he is an opportunistic, <modsnip> businessman and the PPL (Legal Shield) is nothing more than a polished pyramid scheme. The Hughes were so naive to believe that a female could not be the sexual aggressor, could not lie and manipulate, and could not be emotionally and mentally abusive (:( as well as physically abusive which sealed Travis' fate).

And yet it was the Hughes, more than anyone else, who were trying desperately to warn Travis about Jodi's true nature for months and months before his death.

I truly don't understand all the negativity about the Hughes. I think you should keep in mind that when Jodi inserted herself into Travis', and the Hughes' life, she likely hit the ground running with her lies and manipulation to cause a rift in their friendship, simply because a close trusting friendship between the Hughes and Travis would have made manipulating Travis in isolation more difficult.

The judgmental emails from the Hughes that are so frequently pointed out in order to write them off as true friends, and that were fully exploited by the defense team, very likely had Jodi's lies and manipulations as first causes.

I think they have every right to write their book about their friend in order to present Travis the way they want him seen after the trashing and sliming he took in this trial. That not every family member feels the same way is interesting but irrelevant to the relationship he had with them, and that they wish to tell. Chris also said that some family members are delighted with the prospect, fully support it, and can't wait to read it.

As far as PPL or Legal Shield, It is not a Ponzi scheme, it is MLM (multi-level marketing). MLM is not the equivalent of a Ponzi scheme. It is an alternate, legitimate business model that can work just fine for those willing to participate.

I plan to buy and read the book, and I don't think the Hughes have any questionable motives in writing it. I think it's their answer to what Travis' reputation was put through in this trial and I think it will be a sane counterpoint to the disgusting lies of a sociopath who cares not who she destroys in her effort to not have to answer for her crimes.

Originally Posted by josie1986
just read the sealed chamber transcripts and her bs reasons for not wanting to testify in public courtroom.

basically,she didn't want anyone to hear more lies come out her mouth so they couldn't be proven wrong and come back and bite her on the azz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't read the double-secret, in-chambers, sealed transcript yet, but, yes, it was plainly obvious (to me anyway) that the reason Jodi Ann first wanted no cameras in court, and then the public and media out of the courtroom during her testimony, was so she could continue to lie to this new jury and not be taken to task by the general public in real time. Well, thanks to Trial-by-Tweet we're able to follow along (with a slight delay) and, true to form, Jodi and her thieving, witless witnesses didn't disappoint.

What's ironic to me, though, is she had to know that all of the lies she and her witnesses were planning to tell the jury would be shot down by Juan either through direct or cross-examination, yet she seemed more concerned about what the general public thought about her testimony than what the prosecutor himself thought. She knows the defense's case is nothing but horseshoot, she just didn't want anyone else to know it. Or at least know about it until after the verdict was read. If ever!

One way or another she'll have the rest of her life to ponder her many blunders (both in court and beforehand), but hopefully that will be in isolation until the day she stops breathing -- by natural means or other.

But she did know, that's just it, at the very least because Juan told her. I happen to think it was a brilliant strategy. Give 'em what they want knowing full well it will be overturned and they can't complain any further!

He told her, yes. But why are you so sure that she agreed with him on that?

I'm still trying to catch up, so forgive me of this has already been asked and answered... but how did he react when he found out Travis was dead?

He got the call in the airport, and did not rush home. He also did not get too concerned when TA didn't show up in Cancun.
This may be incorrect, but it seems like he just cared about the business more than TAs well-being. JMO

Question:
Does anyone know who "SAM" is that Jodi refers to?
Yes, I'm very aware that "Sam" may just be a figment of Jodi's ever evolving imagination.

She does, however, refer to a "Sam" twice in her journals.

She says that when she lost her Helio phone on 5/18, she notified Ryan, Steve, "SAM" and "Gus."

On 5/24 she makes a journal entry that "Sam" has been texting her almost every day as of late...

Thoughts

I'm a day late and a dollar short. Would anyone be able to be so kind as to point me in the direction of ALL of JA's journals?

Thanks in advance!

Let's get back on topic. This thread is for discussions about the retrial.

I'm a day light and a dollar short....Where can i view all of JA's journals? Thanks in advance
It would help if they were posted somewhere other than the BK site. I only have a smartphone but no computer. I could barely read the print and couldn't enlarge the page.

And yet it was the Hughes, more than anyone else, who were trying desperately to warn Travis about Jodi's true nature for months and months before his death.

I truly don't understand all the negativity about the Hughes. I think you should keep in mind that when Jodi inserted herself into Travis', and the Hughes' life, she likely hit the ground running with her lies and manipulation to cause a rift in their friendship, simply because a close trusting friendship between the Hughes and Travis would have made manipulating Travis in isolation more difficult.

The judgmental emails from the Hughes that are so frequently pointed out in order to write them off as true friends, and that were fully exploited by the defense team, very likely had Jodi's lies and manipulations as first causes.

I think they have every right to write their book about their friend in order to present Travis the way they want him seen after the trashing and sliming he took in this trial. That not every family member feels the same way is interesting but irrelevant to the relationship he had with them, and that they wish to tell. Chris also said that some family members are delighted with the prospect, fully support it, and can't wait to read it.

As far as PPL or Legal Shield, It is not a Ponzi scheme, it is MLM (multi-level marketing). MLM is not the equivalent of a Ponzi scheme. It is an alternate, legitimate business model that can work just fine for those willing to participate.

I plan to buy and read the book, and I don't think the Hughes have any questionable motives in writing it. I think it's their answer to what Travis' reputation was put through in this trial and I think it will be a sane counterpoint to the disgusting lies of a sociopath who cares not who she destroys in her effort to not have to answer for her crimes.

I&#8217;ve gone back and forth numerous times about my feelings toward Chris and Sky Hughes; especially the insane fiasco the defense made with those emails! I&#8217;ve been angry, disappointed, and I&#8217;ve also felt their real friendship and loyalty toward their friend. Whatever their intentions, whether completely pure or not, in writing this book, I personally will only purchase it if it is endorsed as a whole by Travis&#8217; family. I&#8217;m not saying they wrote anything negative or overstepped boundaries in writing their book. But as has been discussed here before, since Travis&#8217; death in 2008 there have been hearings, motions, trials, media reports, interviews, TV shows, documentaries, books, TV movies, &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.all dissecting the relationship between Arias and Travis, and by doing so defining the man Travis was. Defining their brother.

There will be people who will always believe all or part of Arias&#8217; story, despite any number of books written to contradict her lies, and despite any books that portray Travis realistically. And I can't help but wonder about the privacy the Alexander family MAY be longing for, to finally have this trial over and their brother&#8217;s name no longer a subject of tweets, interviews, commentaries, articles, blogs, evening news recaps, even when it&#8217;s positive and painting the truth about their brother.

Could it be possible they just want silence for awhile? To have time, finally, to grieve their brother alone as a family. To remember him privately, carry on his traditions and legacy quietly, and have the luxury after all these years to decide when and if they want to publicly speak about him, and what they want to say, and to choose which memories to share and those memories they want to keep private.

For a family who has withstood years of torture, I have to wonder how many, if any, of them just want to quietly return to their lives, their families, friends, their jobs and do normal things that don&#8217;t have to be scheduled around trial dates. I guess I would just like to see them have the choice. They have had all control taken away from them when it comes to the murder of their brother and this despicable trial. When Arias is sentenced, I hope for them to find peace and do whatever they need to do in order to move toward health and healing. Give them their privacy and the control to share what they want, when they want, if they want. MOO of course.

TxJan:

Here is the link to the story about CMJA and the man with kids who was going to leave his wife and kids to be with her. It starts about half way down the page.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

GRACE: All right. Right there I have a problem. But so after two hours with her, what does this guy say?

SIMKO: Well, he texts, you know, other friend in the business, Chris Hughes aside, and right out, you know, goes into a private room with him and he says, Chris, when I get home from this trip, I`m going to divorce my wife. I want to be with Jodi.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_fwNmdEZY

I’ve gone back and forth numerous times about my feelings toward Chris and Sky Hughes; especially the insane fiasco the defense made with those emails! I’ve been angry, disappointed, and I’ve also felt their real friendship and loyalty toward their friend. Whatever their intentions, whether completely pure or not, in writing this book, I personally will only purchase it if it is endorsed as a whole by Travis’ family. I’m not saying they wrote anything negative or overstepped boundaries in writing their book. But as has been discussed here before, since Travis’ death in 2008 there have been hearings, motions, trials, media reports, interviews, TV shows, documentaries, books, TV movies, ……….all dissecting the relationship between Arias and Travis, and by doing so defining the man Travis was. Defining their brother.

There will be people who will always believe all or part of Arias’ story, despite any number of books written to contradict her lies, and despite any books that portray Travis realistically. And I can't help but wonder about the privacy the Alexander family MAY be longing for, to finally have this trial over and their brother’s name no longer a subject of tweets, interviews, commentaries, articles, blogs, evening news recaps, even when it’s positive and painting the truth about their brother.

Could it be possible they just want silence for awhile? To have time, finally, to grieve their brother alone as a family. To remember him privately, carry on his traditions and legacy quietly, and have the luxury after all these years to decide when and if they want to publicly speak about him, and what they want to say, and to choose which memories to share and those memories they want to keep private.

For a family who has withstood years of torture, I have to wonder how many, if any, of them just want to quietly return to their lives, their families, friends, their jobs and do normal things that don’t have to be scheduled around trial dates. I guess I would just like to see them have the choice. They have had all control taken away from them when it comes to the murder of their brother and this despicable trial. When Arias is sentenced, I hope for them to find peace and do whatever they need to do in order to move toward health and healing. Give them their privacy and the control to share what they want, when they want, if they want. MOO of course.

Thank you Spycraft. I completely agree with you. I don't like to criticize the Hughes since they meant a great deal to Travis. They certainly have the right to tell their side of the story. However, having the right to do something does not mean that it is the right thing to do. Respecting the wishes of the family at least until the verdict is out is the proper thing to do. IMO.

Iris are also the flowers that are planted by the day parolees at the jail where she spent the first month or so of her incarceration...
http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/content/sheriffs-office-custody-division
SO-20140501_JailFlowers_0.jpg

Hinckley I believe was a reference to "the president and prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who led Mormonism through a period of global expansion" who died in January 2008 and according to JA, was a reason why TA had called her that month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/28/us/28hinckley.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I believe Reagan was another name Jodi said she considered for a child? This made me not believe anything related to any conversation she had with Travis about children! There is a mind-association of Hinckley and Reagan, which is why I believe she blithely lumped them together. Hinckley tried to assassinate Reagan.

For a good laugh (well, not really), consider that Hinckley had a fixation on someone (namely Jodi Foster), was nuts, and attempted a very splashy murder.

TxJan:

Here is the link to the story about CMJA and the man with kids who was going to leave his wife and kids to be with her. It starts about half way down the page.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

GRACE: All right. Right there I have a problem. But so after two hours with her, what does this guy say?

SIMKO: Well, he texts, you know, other friend in the business, Chris Hughes aside, and right out, you know, goes into a private room with him and he says, Chris, when I get home from this trip, I`m going to divorce my wife. I want to be with Jodi.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_fwNmdEZY

This whole thing about another man wanting to leave his wife and kids for Jodi after spending a few hours in the car with her. WHA? I can't understand how this story line went nowhere. So many innocent people (Deanna, the Bishop, etc.) were thrown under the bus for this defendant. Why wasn't this guy brought in at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734