Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the Hughes would not have written a book about Travis without asking for and receiving the blessings of every single Alexander family member.

If that's not the case, and it's true that some of the Alexanders are unhappy the book was written, there's no way I'll either buy or read their book.

The Alexanders have already suffered too much and too long having to listen to others defining who Travis was and what his life meant.

Tricia herself asked him about it last night...he refused to say which family members did not support this book but was clear that some do not..no question on that. People will not know that and so he may do very well with the book. I have just never quite trusted them and much less so after that interview last night. I wonder how much, if any, interaction they have with Travis' family.

so let's think about this a minute...a postcard...with the writing clearly visible and intimating a threat is sent to a jail. Would that piece of threatening mail even get to her? I don't have any jail visiting experience but my expectation would be that someone screens mail. If a threat is coming in, would it be delivered to her? Second, she says that some of the people that are sending the threatening mail are the same people who come to court. If she knows that, why not identify them and let the authorities handle them?

According to the Maricopa County Jail website, inmates are only allowed to receive postcards - the only letters that they are allowed to get are from their legal team. So JA and MDLR are, once again, lying.

Just read 25 pages of the 34 pages of closed in chambers meeting regarding secret JA testimony. On page 26 computer shut down, twice, and I gave up. Hope is correct regarding the gist of the whole thing. Any of us could have written it. Typical JA whining. Typical defense conning judge. Typical JSS bending over backward to do all she can to help Jodi. Juan doesn't have a friend in those chambers meetings. The Alexander family must feel crushed.

<modsnip> JSS had no idea what the court proceedings were, and never a mention of breaking the US Constitution, just giving in so that the little whiner could have her sealed testimony. It was just ...oh, well if Jodi wants this, let's give it to her. And this judge knows what a cold blooded killer this woman is!!

I predict if jury hangs, JSS will give JA LWP. IMO, JSS is aching to be promoted to the 9th Circuit.

Juan Martinez, and a clear thinking jury is the only hope Travis Alexander has.

She has also pulled this "I'm receiving death threats by mail" before, way back when the ninjas were still in the picture and she said they mailed her and told her not to talk or her family would be killed. (It didn't occur to her that she was on national television doing just that). She told quite a riveting story of the inmates sharing the mail they'd received and when they came to her she quickly hid it and said, "nothing."

I tell ya, girl has quite a small bag of tricks.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

And ...

TGIF.jpg

Link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...923689ACB6DA8C4449D1F00CAFE&selectedIndex=117

:what: BBM. What Chutzpah! :pullhair:(Excuse my Yiddish) Especially when the Alexanders can be asked directly if they felt threatened.:thud: She has NEVER had any right to speak for them. :gaah:Makes me feel like slapping her!!!:cursing:

Me too. She uses anything and anybody to try and get her way, it seems she threw that in to manipulate the process to her advantage. It was so very obvious and transparent what she was doing when she started to back-pedal, changing her tune after JM made it clear that the Alexander family had no concerns whatsoever.

Tricia herself asked him about it last night...he refused to say which family members did not support this book but was clear that some do not..no question on that. People will not know that and so he may do very well with the book. I have just never quite trusted them and much less so after that interview last night. I wonder how much, if any, interaction they have with Travis' family.

I have said all along I won't buy it or read it because I do not believe they have ever had Travis's true interest at heart. From the emails to getting a book published and released at the same time the jury reaches their decision is obviously for the money. If I were a relative of Travis, I would be heartbroken that people who say they are friends of Travis have used his death for financial gain. The fact that Juan cannot even bring them in to testify, knowing the defense would shred them, speaks volumes to me. The Hughes have obviously conned one of the sisters, for Sky to be sitting beside her in the courtroom. What a shame. The real friends of Travis are the ones we likely won't hear from until all of this is over. Maybe Deanna and Lisa and Taylor. Maybe.

Just read 25 pages of the 34 pages of closed in chambers meeting regarding secret JA testimony. On page 26 computer shut down, twice, and I gave up. Hope is correct regarding the gist of the whole thing. Any of us could have written it. Typical JA whining. Typical defense conning judge. Typical JSS bending over backward to do all she can to help Jodi. Juan doesn't have a friend in those chambers meetings. The Alexander family must feel crushed.

LinasK, this is for you. All along you have stood up for JSS. You need to read this document. JSS had no idea what the court proceedings were, and never a mention of breaking the US Constitution, just giving in so that the little whiner could have her sealed testimony. It was just ...oh, well if Jodi wants this, let's give it to her. And this judge knows what a cold blooded killer this woman is!!

I predict if jury hangs, JSS will give JA LWP. IMO, JSS is aching to be promoted to the 9th Circuit.

Juan Martinez, and a clear thinking jury is the only hope Travis Alexander has.

Curious, if you hit refresh, it usually correctly repopulates the pages. From the last pages it becomes clear what will come down the line...Arias says she is being threatened in these letters/postcards about what she is to say in her testimony. She is threatened with "if you say this..." type of things. That's why she doesn't want anyone to hear her. Juan calls her on it asking her if she is planning to lie on the stand or make her testimony fit others expectations. It would not surprise me a bit to hear that allowing the media to hear the testimony is a cause for her to request a reversal on appeal. Further, the final pages are where the MDLR/Keifer connection is made.

#3 Ms.Arias is remorseful for her conduct.
#5. Ms.Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Mr.Alexander.
#6.The abusive nature of the relationship caused Ms. Arias severe emotional stress at the time of the incident.
#9.Ms.Arias' psychological makeup impaired her to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Mr.Alexander.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was just going by what I'd read online, I couldn't find the DT's proper list.:/

Interesting tidbit from BK video last night: She mentioned that the "vast majority" of retrials of the penalty phase in Arizona where death is an option end with a DEATH verdict. She then said she would have to clarify the percentage but said it was well over 50%. I'm guessing the murderess cannot like this statistic. I hope she knows this little factoid. Maybe someone sent her a postcard to let her know.

Interesting tidbit from BK video last night: She mentioned that the "vast majority" of retrials of the penalty phase in Arizona where death is an option end with a DEATH verdict. She then said she would have to clarify the percentage but said it was well over 50%. I'm guessing the murderess cannot like this statistic. I hope she knows this little factoid. Maybe someone sent her a postcard to let her know.

:welcome6:

CMJA's manipulation didn't get past JSS according to the Court testimony; the transcripts are a good read concerning the closed court ruling.

How very odd though, that a judge would recognise, on record, that the defendant was being manipulative and then proceed to overturn the Constitution on their behalf. It will never make sense to me - fear of appeal or not.

Also, I now have a better understanding (not that I agree) as to why it was such a big ordeal about a trial watcher singing outside the courtroom. JA and her team, specifically JW, basically told the Judge at the onset of the hearing (as to the whole threatening/harassing JA) thing that there are court watchers that do this--the Judge to her credit told JW to identify the person doing this and they can have them removed from the court rather than closing down the entire courtroom. At which point JW, despite implying otherwise, said their wasn't anyone they knew specifically.

This may be perceived as "off topic" but just curious if anyone has an opinion on The Hughes and their writing a book to be released soon after the end of the "retrial"?? I heard Chris Hughes last night on Tricia's True Crime and he said that clearly not all of Travis' family members were happy with the book. I know he has a right to publish this but without full family support not so sure I see it as appropriate . Chris also mentioned that he and his family (kids) are living in the Scottsdale area during this entire trial. why? I understand they were friends but this seems like too much and frankly unfair to his kids. The Hughes seem to always be available to media and may I ask ///all books make money...who is getting the profits from this book? I know they are highly regarded by many but frankly I can't help but think they are now exploiting the death of Travis.

I hope that the Hughes would not have written a book about Travis without asking for and receiving the blessings of every single Alexander family member.

If that's not the case, and it's true that some of the Alexanders are unhappy the book was written, there's no way I'll either buy or read their book.

The Alexanders have already suffered too much and too long having to listen to others defining who Travis was and what his life meant.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm not going to buy it either. Why write a book if some family members do not approve? If the Hughes cared so much about Travis then they would now do only what his family wants. At least wait till the trial is over. I don't care if they give all the money to charity. Money isn't everything. Silence, respect and grace go a long way in honouring the departed. I do not understand the Hughes.

How very odd though, that a judge would recognise, on record, that the defendant was being manipulative and then proceed to overturn the Constitution on their behalf. It will never make sense to me - fear of appeal or not.

Exactly. It sounds like bad farce to read that JA complained in that hearing that one of TA's friends had threatened online to shoot her between her eyes ... to JSS, who should be very familiar with the grisly autopsy pic of the bullet hole in TA's forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth