Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can link but no screen shots of other websites are permitted.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Vampire Bobby lives on in as an extra in movies etc . Google his name and Jodi's and you can see some photo's of them together with big smiles, look above Bobby's right shoulder there on the table are three lines of coke.

Thanks, ILikeToBendPages. I remember the photos you highlight. Out of interest I did as you suggested and googled Bobby Juarez and Arias:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mqvwpf.png

I'm confident the photo above will have been highlighted on WebSleuths.com before, even as a newbie. The information and knowledge of contributors is impressive. What struck me was the Superman top she was wearing next to Bobby. Given her patterns of behaviour, it struck me that this memory could have been used to fabricate the 'Spidies' nonsense. Superman versus Spider-man. Bobby versus Travis. Arias versus both 'betrayers'. A lot of her stalking, crazed behaviour appears to stem back to her obsession with bobby. She still talks about him in a creepy way. He had a lucky escape.

You know...I am not really convinced they believe her. Her family, I mean.

Agreed. I think they know exactly what kind of monster she is, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're afraid of her. And saying that, their behavior was still reprehensible in court and in SM, imo.

Ah, ok yes, it was granted. Thanks.

But it still sounds like the defense withdrew the letters. The withdrew their objection to Juan's motion. Why would they do that unless they withdrew the letters? And it was widely reported that the defense withdrew the letters because they knew they were forged and didn't want to risk their jobs. It still sounds like the motion was granted because the defense stopped fighting it. And the judge was simply left with granting the motion.
Here's an expanded upwards snip from the minutes. As you can see, just before defense withdraws its objection and the motion is denied, Arias requests to have her counsel reinstated - she no longer wants to represent herself. She'd only been representing herself for a week. My guess would be that she was adamant about getting these letters admitted, thought she could make it happen by representing herself, realized it was a lost cause, and wanted her lawyers back.

IT IS ORDERED granting the Defendant’s request to have her advisory counsel
reinstated as counsel of record.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing Kirk Nurmi and Victoria Washington to
represent the Defendant for all further proceedings.

Counsel for the Defense withdraws their objection to the State’s Motion to Preclude.

IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion to Preclude the Letters.

Thanks, ILikeToBendPages. I remember the photos you highlight. Out of interest I did as you suggested and googled Bobby Juarez and Arias:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mqvwpf.png

I'm confident the photo above will have been highlighted on WebSleuths.com before, even as a newbie. The information and knowledge of contributors is impressive. What struck me was the Superman top she was wearing next to Bobby. Given her patterns of behaviour, it struck me that this memory could have been used to fabricate the 'Spidies' nonsense. Superman versus Spider-man. Bobby versus Travis. Arias versus both 'betrayers'. A lot of her stalking, crazed behaviour appears to stem back to her obsession with bobby. She still talks about him in a creepy way. He had a lucky escape.
BBM

I've always felt that Darryl had a lucky escape. Or at the very least, that she formulated the idea of a shower murder - and how easy it would be - when she was taking pics of Darryl in the shower, mentioned in testimony. They were in financial difficulties thanks to their large house payments - about $2,800 per month - made worse by the fact that Arias wasn't paying her share. I'd be curious to know if there were insurance policies in place, and if Arias would have been a beneficiary in any way. If there were, I find it very easy to imagine her realizing that it would be easy to kill Darryl in the shower, blame it on an intruder, and end up with a paid for house and/or nice sum of cash. Then too, her forgery skills might have come in handy, just to make sure there was in fact a big pay out. Possibly just the product of my over-active imagination, but then with Arias, just about anything seems possible.

Here's an expanded upwards snip from the minutes. As you can see, just before defense withdraws its objection and the motion is denied, Arias requests to have her counsel reinstated - she no longer wants to represent herself. She'd only been representing herself for a week. My guess would be that she was adamant about getting these letters admitted, thought she could make it happen by representing herself, realized it was a lost cause, and wanted her lawyers back.

IT IS ORDERED granting the Defendant’s request to have her advisory counsel
reinstated as counsel of record.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing Kirk Nurmi and Victoria Washington to
represent the Defendant for all further proceedings.

Counsel for the Defense withdraws their objection to the State’s Motion to Preclude.

IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion to Preclude the Letters.

Right. This is exactly how it was reported. Jodi represented herself so she could get them in. When it failed, she re-instated her lawyers because she was "overwhelmed" and their first order of business was withdrawing the letters. That's certainly what the minute entries also seem to show.

Right. This is exactly how it was reported. Jodi represented herself so she could get them in. When it failed, she re-instated her lawyers because she was "overwhelmed" and their first order of business was withdrawing the letters. That's certainly what the minute entries also seem to show.

These letters are never going to ever make it to trial. If she wants the public to see these letters, she's gonna have to sell them as artwork. No originals. LOL

Due to glitches starting her new site, karasoncrime, Beth is offering free preview through Monday 11:50pm. New members will be activated after that, and refunds will also be available after Monday night. This was from her FB page.

Skimming through some of the tweets on twitter today. I was at work and can't catch everything on breaks.
Does anyone know if this was discussed today.
KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923 6h6 hours ago

#JudgeStephens has denied #jodiarias motion to preclude expert witnesses; namely Dr. Demarte

Woohoooo Dr DeMarte is coming back!

Why do these letters matter? They were not evidence in the criminal phase. This is not an appeal of her GUILT.

Maybe this will motivate the citizens of AZ to legislate a better way. Jodi would be very pleased, wouldn't she, to know it would forever after have her name connected to it. The Jodi Arias Act.

Found on Facebook:
The State filed a list of potential witnesses on September 19, 2014 that includes these names the def. wants to keep off the stand:
Jill Hayes, Zach Billings, Taylor Searle, Janeen DeMarte, Marsha Parker, Alan Kreitel.
UPDATE: Based on tweets from the courtroom, it appears that Nurmi withdrew this motion to preclude the above witnesses. Another hearing is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 20. The judge closed the courtroom to hear argument on additional motions.

~ Beth Karas, Karas on Crime

Alan Kreitel is the Forensic Document Examiner from AZ DPS. Someone mentioned that Bishop Parker is married to a Marsha, but that's a fairly common name, so who knows? The others we know - Taylor Searle should have a lot to say...

Found on Facebook:

Alan Kreitel is the Forensic Document Examiner from AZ DPS. Someone mentioned that Bishop Parker is married to a Marsha, but that's a fairly common name, so who knows? The others we know - Taylor Searle should have a lot to say...

Heavy hitters all...! On what basis could these witnesses possibly be precluded? What did Nurmi dream up to put in the motion?

O/T Good thoughts to Bermuda hunkering down for Hurricane Gonzalo.:scared:

Attachments

• chickenkneu.gif
    chickenkneu.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Chicken_Dance_by_PixelBunny.gif
    Chicken_Dance_by_PixelBunny.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 204
  • th_smiley_chicken.gif
    th_smiley_chicken.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 202
  • chick2.gif
    chick2.gif
    549.1 KB · Views: 16
Found on Facebook:

I was surprised that Searle didn't testify during the guilt phase.

Here's an expanded upwards snip from the minutes. As you can see, just before defense withdraws its objection and the motion is denied, Arias requests to have her counsel reinstated - she no longer wants to represent herself. She'd only been representing herself for a week. My guess would be that she was adamant about getting these letters admitted, thought she could make it happen by representing herself, realized it was a lost cause, and wanted her lawyers back. IT IS ORDERED granting the Defendant’s request to have her advisory counsel reinstated as counsel of record. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing Kirk Nurmi and Victoria Washington to represent the Defendant for all further proceedings. Counsel for the Defense withdraws their objection to the State’s Motion to Preclude. IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion to Preclude the Letters.
BBM - Which is exactly what she was up to this summer, but she also took advantage of her phone privileges this time to manage her 'commercial ventures' normally outside of her reach from behind bars. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I was surprised that Searle didn't testify during the guilt phase.

Just an uneducated guess, which AZlawyer can correct, but most of what he has said would have been hearsay in the other phases. This phase doesn't have the same rules of evidence.

Sleuths have been commenting on this board for weeks & weeks that Arias is pushing with determination to re-litigate this case, even though it is baldly clear we are dealing with punishment only, The Penalty, not whether she is guilty or not. She has to be capable of understanding the distinction. A moron could. Instead, Arias cannot accept the reality in which she now finds herself living, as a convicted murderer. Simply a big mistake caused by those demon cameras, a jury that betrayed her, counsel who despised her and prosecutorial misconduct. Out come the colored pencils and a fresh piece of paper, do this over and make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l