Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's their only other witness, so are they trying to keep her on the stand 'till January to be their expert about everything in this case???

The state asked, in a motion, for the defense expert turn over all raw data and scoring sheet by 9/9. I don't think this is that witness. They had a James Aiken that is a former warden and his expert opinions in how convicts do in prison. He said one that had twenty infraction, including attacking a bailiff and spitting on guards, would be on the low end for future violence, and not a predator. It was for a man on death row. He thought he'd do good in general population. I

BBM: Nope ... she has already been convicted of 1st degree pre-meditated murder.

:seeya: But ... you may want to have AZlawyer responds to your question as she is more qualified than I am !

No, you were right as usual. :)

He was giving her ammunition with this sharing, sadly. :( this will hurt the defense though.

On the other hand, the defense was handed a huge gift with a bright, shiny bow on top, in that Travis and some of his friends (Chris and Sky, most prominently) considered philandering, inability to commit, not being married and having children, plus assorted other insignificant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things things to be significant, because they were using an ENTIRELY different scale than Jodi and her defense team are using. Maybe he could be a jerk, maybe he was really conflicted about his religious beliefs, maybe he lost his temper when manipulative psychopaths pushed him over the edge, but his guilty conscience and Sky's wagging finger have nothing whatsoever to do with the kind of "abuse" that Jodi is accusing him of! The only people who are maintaing otherwise are being paid by the defense! (Oh, also the psychopath's psycho sycophants, who obviously have such keen insight into the evil that lurks in the hearts of men especially Travis...)

How many years and how many millions of dollars is Arizona willing to spend arguing semantics with this horrible woman? Who has already been convicted of first degree murder!!

Also, I think one of Jodi's truly special talents is her knack for turning anything and everything into ammunition. Send her flowers? You're provoking an allergy attack. Bake her cookies? Undermining her weight loss efforts. Take her on a date? Toying with her fragile emotions. Helpfully remove unnecessary heavy items from her backpack before a hike? Well, OK, that one is pretty weird.

Facing the death penalty doesn't appear to be causing her any emotional distress. Perhaps that tendency blew away with the fog.

That's because in her mind and outta her mouth was : No jury would EVER convict me.....
Oh my bad...Now I feel so BETRAYED by the jury.
I won't get the death penalty, I will not stand for it. I have supporters, I sell art and I am a famous STAR. And you can mark my words on that.

That's because in her mind and outta her mouth was :

No jury would EVER convict me.....
Oh my bad...Now I feel so BETRAYED by the jury.
I won't get the death penalty, I will not stand for it. I have supporters, I sell art and I am a famous STAR.
And you can mark my words on that.

:hilarious: You "nailed her" !

:seeya:

BBM: Nope ... she has already been convicted of 1st degree pre-meditated murder.

:seeya: But ... you may want to have AZlawyer responds to your question as she is MUCH more qualified than I am !
------------
My thanks wont work now.:tyou:

:seeya: But ... you may want to have AZlawyer responds to your question as she is MUCH more qualified than I am !

Hear, hear! ;). I don't mean literally arguing for 2nd degree. I mean, this sure is the case he would have preferred to put on, and that he is using every last inch of greater leeway during mitigation to essentially make that case, now to save her life.

I am a survivor of DV.
I even had thoughts of killing him.
My response, I gave my dad the gun I had, just so it wasn't around period.
My excuse, I didn't want it around my baby.
Then my mom saw the abuse first hand.
When I remarried, several years after his death ( truck vs car ), I would cower at a raised voice.
Now some 30ish years later, I still have moments.
I didn't slaughter him.

Lyric...sorry that you've been through DV. Thanks for sharing and helping us better understand. :grouphug:

Hopefully Nurmi is almost done.
What parts of this 4 day testimony is Juan gonna focus on.
I almost feel sorry for this expert but she agreed to testify knowing she would be crossed by Juan.
l

On the other hand, the defense was handed a huge gift with a bright, shiny bow on top, in that Travis and some of his friends (Chris and Sky, most prominently) considered philandering, inability to commit, not being married and having children, plus assorted other insignificant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things things to be significant, because they were using an ENTIRELY different scale than Jodi and her defense team are using. Maybe he could be a jerk, maybe he was really conflicted about his religious beliefs, maybe he lost his temper when manipulative psychopaths pushed him over the edge, but his guilty conscience and Sky's wagging finger have nothing whatsoever to do with the kind of "abuse" that Jodi is accusing him of! The only people who are maintaing otherwise are being paid by the defense! (Oh, also the psychopath's psycho sycophants, who obviously have such keen insight into the evil that lurks in the hearts of men especially Travis...)

How many years and how many millions of dollars is Arizona willing to spend arguing semantics with this horrible woman? Who has already been convicted of first degree murder!!

Also, I think one of Jodi's truly special talents is her knack for turning anything and everything into ammunition. Send her flowers? You're provoking an allergy attack. Bake her cookies? Undermining her weight loss efforts. Take her on a date? Toying with her fragile emotions. Helpfully remove unnecessary heavy items from her backpack before a hike? Well, OK, that one is pretty weird.

Yes, exactly. I can hear Nurmi now.. "You don't have to take Dr.F's word for it.. Even his DEAREST CLOSEST friends The Hughes thought he was being abusive to women, especially poor mentally ill simpleminded Jodi Arias."

@monicalindstrom: DrF: #JodiArias blaming herself again, making excuses for TA because he is abusive n the relationship to her, he insults her, she apologizes

FFS. THAT ^^^^ is MANIPULATION. That is how sociopaths work. Her apology was vacuous, shallow, phony. This 'expert' is a joke.

Lyric...sorry that you've been through DV. Thanks for sharing and helping us better understand. :grouphug:

Many Many Many survivors don't resort to killing their abusers. It is rare indeed. I can remember seeing "The Burning Bed" and believe you me, many of us dream of it.

This is why CMJA saying she was abused, either physically or emotionally or both, we are so outraged. She is just a manipulative, cold-blooded killer. I have a feeling tho, when she goes to her mansion there in AZ she will know what to be frightened really is.

@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias Sexpert said Travis considered suicide with a noose

Hopefully Juan can rebut this without making any allusions to what it would be like to be married to Jennifer Willmott...teehee

@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias Sexpert says that love played a part in that murder scene

I feel your disgust. Me too.

And I have to quickly scroll by Monica's tweets. Most of them make me nauseated just about as much as reading MK.

Yes, I'm only highlighting her Tweets when they describe testimony. I am over her opinions, long time ago.

Thank goodness. I was so afraid of that. She can appeal the original verdict. Am I correct on this?

Oh so pleased to see that my feelings about JSS being biased caused such amusement! Just love being made fun of!
I don't believe JSS really even likes KN....but, her irrational fear of appeals makes her tilt more towards the defense.
Hilarious, right?

FFS. THAT ^^^^ is MANIPULATION. That is how sociopaths work. Her apology was vacuous, shallow, phony. This 'expert' is a joke.

EXACTLY!
Katy.. You don't know how many comments I had to edit today before posting. I was abusing and debasing my caps lock key lol.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10m 10 minutes ago

#jodiarias is still here laughing with Willmott and getting one last gulp of tasty court water.

JA tormented and manipulated Travis while he was still among the living; tortured him to death in a most brutal fashion; was found guilty of 1st degree murder; is waiting to find out whether she will get the DP or LWOP, and she's ... laughing.

Jodi Arias, you are going to hell and it's right here on earth. In Arizona. In a cell. Hahaha. Laugh's on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen