Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but after further reflection (and seeing her bungholio on the jumbotron) she decided it didn't reflect her in a positive light - therefore she is now having second thoughts.

(isn't that the definition of hindsight?)

Considering the use of the jumbotron for what it was used for, hindsight has taken on a wholey new meaning for this case.

Perhaps Mom's about to get an eyeful of what her daughter dearest has been saying about her behind her back in super secret. Or maybe someone has already prepared her. :giggle:

MOO

Sandy and Cougarlucious sat down and had "cawffee and tawlked".

Cannot wait to see her non secret testimony. I think she may have wanted a very small audience so that she could have "intimate" time with Travis's family and the Jury. Possibly to create an immense display, all fake of course, of tears and remorse, some grappling for forgiveness, and maybe even (very slight possibility) an around about apology to the Alexanders's so the jurors could feel and see her deep remorse and pain and regret. She has a reason for everything she does in her little world, I do not believe any of the reasons she listed, death threats - etc. had anything to do with wanting to testify alone with the Alexanders and jury. Plus, with an empty courtroom all eyes and attn would be on her so she could try her magic spell on them. This is all my own SPECULATION, but curious to see what transcripts reveal. I think she showed a different Jodi act to them that she would not want Public to see and really needed privacy, maybe. Or,plain and simple, she just wanted to punish media and public.

Only on the day after she herself chose to leave her home and run off with her boyfriend to begin to play house. Jodis own decision to leave home

I always wonder why Bill and Sandy diidn't make her come back home. Or they didn't want her to. Too much confrontation and abuse by her?

Only on the day after she herself chose to leave her home and run off with her boyfriend to begin to play house. Jodis own decision to leave home

I wonder how her grandmother, who JA went to live with after JA had done that(and iirc at least a couple more times after failed relationships), feels about being thrown under the bus...

[video=youtu;inIJqSVLE3I]http://youtu.be/inIJqSVLE3I?t=2m16s[/video]

THANKS for finding that! She is shaking like a Chihuahua but she manages a smirky little snide smile at the end. Her eyes are just weird scary crazy. She actually thinks she is craftier and smarter than Juan....LOL.

The Abuse Wheel is interesting, there is a "Using Male Privilege" section but the "Using Female Privilege" piece of the pie appears to be missing.

In the world of ALV and Dr. Geffner, I guess only males are abusive.:rolleyes:

Curated Tweets from the morning's testimony and events behind the spoiler cut:
08:07AM
@WildAboutTrialIn the courtal room at the #JodiArias trial. Judge Stephens is hearing other cases as per usual. Should begin at 9:30am Twitter
08:13AM@TrialDiariesJYeah we have a pool camera here this morning! #jodiarias Twitter
08:15AM@WildAboutTrialThe Geffernator and Jennifer are here. #jodiarias Twitter
08:16AM@TrialDiariesJ@SphynxCatsRule we have a news camera recording and court cameras Twitter
08:18AM@TrialDiariesJ@freelancewoman @SphynxCatsRule he hasn't been showing up until afternoon and we've been getting pics late in day Twitter
08:34AM@TrialDiariesJAll attorney's are here and we have a sidebar....#jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
08:39AM@WildAboutTrialOther attorneys still in the courtroom. Juan is reading some papers and signals for Flores to join him outside. #JodiArias Twitter
08:40AM@WildAboutTrialIf you recall, Juan wanted time to review notes and interview other people from Mesa PD. Not sure when trial will resume today. #JodiArias Twitter
08:42AM@WildAboutTrialI see two jurors from the original #JodiArias trial sitting in the row in front of me. Jodi's mom is seated and on her own. Twitter
08:43AM@TrialDiariesJJuan has a piece of paper and all the attorney's went to back to maybe discuss it. We heard something about an order so not sure #jodiarias Twitter
08:44AM@WildAboutTrialLooks like we won't get going until 10:30. Flip on some Wendy Williams and make a cup of tea. Ugh I can't stand Wendy Williams. #JodiArias Twitter
08:45AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias trial starting late at 10:30aAZT today Twitter
08:45AM@TrialDiariesJTrial has been moved to 10:30am so something is up #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
09:04AM@WildAboutTrialJennifer and Nurmi are in the courtroom. #JodiArias Twitter
09:07AM@maryellenabc15Just in: COA ruling on #JodiArias testimony "if Arias began to testify in a closed proceeding, those transcripts shall be unsealed." #abc15 Twitter
09:34AM@monicalindstromBut JSS said it would have been appropriate for the defense to give JM a hard copy even though JM should have received it electronically Twitter
09:35AM@freelancewoman@william_pitts Funny, #JodiArias stated she "doesn't get any negative mail, just positivity" #ConvictedLiar Twitter
09:35AM@WildAboutTrialJuan and Nurmi play the blame game. Juan wants a document Nurmi didn't supply. Nurm wants an image of the EO1 file the state made #JodiArias Twitter
09:37AM@william_pittsWe fully expect this to be appealed to the Arizona Supreme Court. We'll let you know when it does. #jodiarias Twitter
09:38AM@WildAboutTrialJuan wants the defense to have a copy of the eo1 file. The HD doesn't function. Nurmi is hwhining "gross incompetence" #JodiArias Twitter
09:39AM@william_pittsSomething ironic about being afraid of death threats when out old reporters after the verdict that you wanted to die. #jodiarias Twitter
09:42AM@CarolynSungCNN#jodiarias jury being brought it. Counsel at sidebar. Twitter
09:45AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias Dr. Geffner back on direct Twitter
09:47AM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias flips through her paperwork and begins to craft with the golf pencil. Twitter
09:47AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias more personality tests on Jodi. I think the kind you do on Facebook might be just as well. I think her color is "blood red" . Twitter
09:48AM@WildAboutTrialCurious as to why court photographers have to use a noisy clicking style camera still? Very distracting #JodiArias Twitter
09:48AM@TrialDiariesJThemes's- difficulty with family, depression and dispare. Jodi's stories end with no resolution. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
09:49AM@TrialDiariesJGeffner said those were important things they noticed. #jodiarias has guilt, not happy #3tvarias Twitter
09:50AM@william_pittsWe expect to file an emergency order to unseal the transcripts immediately. #JodiaArias @12News Twitter
09:53AM@chriswnewsMy colleague @william_pitts is in the #JodiArias trial today. If you're interested in the case, he's a MUST FOLLOW. #TravisAlexander Twitter
09:54AM@TrialDiariesJGeffner is going over questions regarding the PTSD #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
09:57AM@courtchatter@jeffgoldesq explains the Court of Appeals opinion on the latest Gold Patrol Update! http://t.co/rGlMEsuvmN #Jodiarias Twitter
10:01AM@SKrafftFox10Dr. Geffner talking about a "trauma inventory" test on #jodiarias Twitter
10:05AM@WildAboutTrialMore sizzlebarring as the DAPS profile form for #JodiArias sits up on the monitors in the courtroom. Twitter
10:08AM@TrialDiariesJJodi took a test and had to answer before incarceration. It had to do with trauma #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:08AM@TrialDiariesJOut of all the trauma in her life she picked Travis being the most traumatic #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:11AM@WildAboutTrial"That's pretty good zooming" exclaims Geff as Jennifer zooms into the scale. First drawing on a cpu, now zooming. #TechmologyNo1 #JodiArias Twitter
10:12AM@TrialDiariesJJodi has a lot of anxiety, top of scale when she goes back to 2008 and it's PTSD according to Geffner #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:16AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias DrG Jodi has PTSD and anxiety. He still hasn't got to why. (Because she slaughtered Travis and will never get out of jail.) Twitter
10:19AM@NancyGraceHLN#JodiArias listed a lot of traumas from abuse by her parents. When asked which had the most profound effect, she listed abuse by Traivs Twitter
10:19AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias DrG says she has chronic PTSD from Travis not crime. Twitter
10:21AM@CarolynSungCNNFew jurors are taking notes as Dr. Geffner goes through #jodiarias test results. Twitter
10:21AM@TrialDiariesJJodi still doesn't have clear memories of what happened during the murder in 2008 #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:24AM@WildAboutTrialJen wants to switch gears now and talk about domestic violence and domestic abuse. #JodiArias Twitter
10:26AM@WildAboutTrialAs Geff continues to describe dom. violence Jennifer grabs a stack of photos. #JodiArias Twitter
10:31AM@SKrafftFox10Attorney for media to file motion asking AZ Appeals Court to order unsealing of #jodiarias testimony transcripts in this resentencing trial Twitter
10:33AM@SKrafftFox10Dr. Geffner: most people survive abusive parents but not all: "jodiarias is that person who doesn't survive it, so cd. turn violent. Twitter
10:33AM@TrialDiariesJGeffner is talking about how the odds of being abused and turning out OK without support are low. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:34AM@TrialDiariesJIf u have bad parents or no parents and someone takes you under their wings it can help people change. If you have hope it helps #jodiarias Twitter
10:37AM@dawlschic007@SKrafftFox10 I had suggested this was the reason why JSS agreed to closing court. JA now knows she can manipulate the judge. Twitter
10:37AM@WildAboutTrials@SKrafftFox10 She is going to make sure this killer never leaves prison. I can see more where JSS is coming from now. Twitter
10:38AM@smithrl42@SKrafftFox10 It was actually a good move on JSS part, give it to the COA to decide so she is absolved. Twitter
10:44AM@TrialDiariesJWe have a PowerPoint up now and it's giving distinctions between abuse and aggression. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:47AM@WildAboutTrialJennifer puts up the "power and control" slide that was created a long time ago by someone else. #JodiArias Twitter
10:48AM@TrialDiariesJNow we are looking at a wheel that says Power and Control...It's an explanation of how one controls another..physical and other #jodiarias Twitter
10:49AM@mikewatkiss3tvDr. Geffner talking about "power & control" in terms domestic violence #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:50AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias facsimile of abuse wheel up on screen
B4_4xdoCIAAoUm7.jpg
Twitter
10:53AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias can be from physical down to just putting other down continually. A continuum of abuse Twitter
10:54AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias controlling money. Making person think they are crazy one. You are to blame, isolating them, wearing themvdown until give in Twitter
10:57AM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias just glared back briefly at her mom. Wasn't a nice glare either. Kinda murderousy. Twitter
10:58AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias theats to commit suicide, makeup sex, using kids, asserting male role, using fear of confrontation, all elements of abuse Twitter
10:59AM@WildAboutTrialJudge calls for noon recess. Back at 1:25. Peace ouuuuuuuuut! #JodiArias Twitter
10:59AM@CarolynSungCNNNoon recess, back at 1:25pm MT. #jodiarias Twitter

Thank you so much for that! :thumb:

Snipped from Troy Hayden's post conviction interview with CMJA:

Troy: “You have mitigation hearing coming up at penalty phase. You know what your mitigating factors are going to be and how you are going to play that?”

Jodi: “Well I’ve been told I don’t have any mitigating factors

Troy: “By who?”

Jodi: “My attorney

Troy: “So Kirk Nurmi said there are no mitigating factors for you in terms of arguing against the death penalty?”

Jodi: “Um nothing that is what you typically see in a case like this, such as a childhood where there was drugs, alcoholism, molestation, none of those things occurred in my family so I guess we would sort of joke that my mom didn’t beat me hard enough, so I don’t have mitigation.”

Troy: “So what are you going to do?”

Jodi: “They feel that I would be a suitable candidate to behave myself in a correctional facility and just not be a problem. That may be their angle, I don’t know.”

AzLaywer, do you think JM would want to bring her interviews in? If so, would he be able to? Thank you.

That was going to be my question too.

First this was posted:
Will the jury then wonder why her mom and Auntie and others are present in court every day? Seems like she has support.

And then we get this:
From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 13s 13 seconds ago

#JodiArias just glared back briefly at her mom.

Wasn't a nice glare either. Kinda murderousy.

:eek:
OK, which one of you is JA secretly reading here for tips? Or maybe Maria? :whoosh:
(not serious, btw)

I always wonder why Bill and Sandy diidn't make her come back home. Or they didn't want her to. Too much confrontation and abuse by her?

Children like her can be exhausting. I'm sure they welcomed the relief when Bobby and his family took her off their hands for a while. They had two other children and a business to deal with didn't they?

MOO

If everything she said so far was already said in the guilt phase, JM could use portions of his cross from that phase to replace cross in this phase.

If not, JSS should instruct the jury to disregard whatever she said that was new.

Another option is to tell her to get on the stand for cross if she has nothing more to say on direct. And if she refuses to answer questions to tell the jury that they may assume silence means "yes." But that option would take some guts on the part of JSS lol.

Thank you! This is going to be very interesting!!

Why did Jodi glare (murderously per WAT) briefly at her mom in the courtroom?

What did I miss???

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 12m12 minutes ago
Willmott- If someone grows up in an abusive home does it have an effect on them as an adult? Geffner- Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 9m9 minutes ago
Dr. Geffner: most people survive abusive parents but not all: "jodiarias is that person who doesn't survive it, so cd. turn violent.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 8m8 minutes ago
AZ Appeals Court: Judge Stephens was aware #jodiarias was being "manipulative" but fear of reversal if she didn't cave was greater.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. Geffner discussing the distinctions between abuse and aggression in regards to the psychological world. #jodiarias

Yes, yes, YES! She places herself before the law and justice.

We need no longer speculate about her reasoning for the lame decisions she's making. FEAR of successful appeal. That's what drives her and it's this vacillating weakness that the DT shamelessly exploits on every front, 24/7.

Just got home and read COA opinion. Woohoo! And may I just respond to Dr Geffner stating over and over that JA is suicidal? Dr. Geff, she tried to cut herself once while in jail and it hurt! Or so she said......so no worries about suicide. Now please move on!

Yes, yes, YES! She places herself before the law and justice.

We need no longer speculate about her reasoning for the lame decisions she's making. FEAR of successful appeal. That's what drives her and it's this vacillating weakness that the DT shamelessly exploits on every front, 24/7.

Exactly!

I think Jodi's mom told her it would be just fine to throw George Anthony under the bus during sooper seekret testimony, because no one would ever find out but now people ARE going to find out and she's cheesed!

LOL. That's the stupid thing I am choosing to believe.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 5m5 minutes ago
Jodi took a test and had to answer before incarceration. It had to do with trauma #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4m4 minutes ago
Out of all the trauma in her life she picked Travis being the most traumatic #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Jodi has a lot of anxiety, top of scale when she goes back to 2008 and it's PTSD according to Geffner #jodiarias #3tvarias

- Manipulative lying witch.

I'm several pages behind, but how does the jury find any use from this? "Okay, let's pretend you didn't butcher this guy and suffer all the stress and trauma relate to that. Answer these 500 questions about how you felt before you premeditated the murder." It's just a bunch of meaningless nonsense.

Why did Jodi glare (murderously per WAT) briefly at her mom in the courtroom?

What did I miss???

This is why its so hard to have "Trial by Tweet". If we had gotten to see the trial, I am sure we could have figured out what just happened with her devious glare.

It was so interesting during the 1st trial as some people were catching things and even though we all were watching the same trial, different people pick up different things that some of us missed.
Its truly sad we dont get to see it. I kinda wish the Media would file another emergency appeal petition to allow live footage. Still would be nice to get to see the remaining if this continues to drag on for months.

Yes but we all had at least one healthy caring adult in our lives (ie: Aunt, teacher, custodian, neighbor, friend, etc.)
Jodi is saying she didn't - has no support and is completely isolated.

And how many of those are butchers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member