Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The One existed in the first trial otherwise we wouldn't be here.

The One walked in the One last trial. No convincing was necessary. If there is another like him, nothing the DT says would make a difference, so why wouldn't they present a case that at least tried to avoid antagonizing the 11?

I agree though that their case has been guided by a One-- JA. Who believes she can convince more than one.

William Zervakos believed in the death penalty ... for serial killers like Manson and Bundy, not for a "perfectly normal" young lady like JA who'd lived a "perfectly normal life" prior to meeting Travis Alexander.

I know. He basically felt that TA and the way he treated JA was what turned her into a killer. :facepalm:
He's been a "consultant" for the DT as well, which is why I think they're interested in finding another one like him.

William Zervakos believed in the death penalty ... for serial killers like Manson and Bundy, not for a "perfectly normal" young lady like JA who'd lived a "perfectly normal life" prior to meeting Travis Alexander.

Kind of reminds me of Betty Broderick's hung jury, in which a male juror said something like he was amazed she didn't kill Dan sooner. Some people fall for the "the defendant is the victim" carp.

I know. He basically felt that TA and the way he treated JA was what turned her into a killer. :facepalm:
He's been a "consultant" for the DT as well, which is I think they're interested in finding another one like him.
A unanimous vote for death would so serve them all right.

Done.
By the way, just checked the "virtual candles" for Travis (see my link below). There's only 10 candles lit! Yikes! Let's light up the sky for Travis. Click on the link and light a virtual candle. It doesn't cost anything unless you care/choose to make a donation! We had 255 candles the other day, but they burn out after so many hours and you got to relight them again. While we wait for trial, we can light a candle to support Travis.

I am surprised that any jury ever gives the DP. I find it hard to believe that 12 people can agree on anything.
I am glad that JM has proven me wrong.

I loved her posts earlier, can you lead me to what she posted about yesterday? TIA

There may be a "search by poster name" function, but ziggy's posts appeared throughout yesterday's trial and are on yesterday's JA thread.

A unanimous vote for death would so serve them all right.

Hi BritsKate...Question for you if you don't mind. But first, I wanted to say thank you so much for all of the insight you have provided throughout this case. It really has been so enlightening and so helpful. I am so sorry for what you and your family had to go through to gain much of the insight you have.

Here's my question-is there anything that could have been done, whether it be by family, friends, professionals, really anyone...that could have diluted some of this psychopathy in JA? Made her less dangerous?

I am surprised that any jury ever gives the DP. I find it hard to believe that 12 people can agree on anything.
I am glad that JM has proven me wrong.

AZ hasn't executed a woman in over 80 yrs ... since the last one's head popped off during her hanging. The fact that the sentence is never carried out for females in AZ would make it a much easier decision imo.

Yup. We all go around beating our little brothers with baseball bats, kicking our mothers, abusing animals and stalking ex-boyfriends. NOT.

Not responding is a form of manipulation. Says I'm in control and you're not, and, your anger isn't a concern of mine. She did tell him she wasn't violent (shudder) and that she hadn't slashed his tires.

The reason I don't believe the YouTube idea is that I find it impossible to believe he would have agreed to sex pics on the 4th, even on his own camera, if she had openly threatened him that way.

Points taken, but I don't happen to believe he did agree to sex pics that day. lol

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 8m8 minutes ago
Reminder: #jodiarias late start 1:30 mst. Def interviewing Det. Smith this AM. Bishop Parker arrived in AZ last night. Deanna back today

A speculation. .....

Nurmi is letting JA have her way with what gets presented because it has helped bolster his only chance for a successful appeal: that the anti-DP 9th circuit , always in search of new avenues for overturning DP convictions, will be persuaded by the argument that extensive online coverage of the trials in various ways denied her due process and a "fully actualized mitigation."

That's my best shot at explaining their disastrous approach.

There was talk yesterday of JW complaining that Deanna was a hostile witness.
Did that actually happen, did she word it 'hostile witness'?
Does anyone know?

Does anyone know?

That's unlikely. You declare someone a hostile witness when they are on direct and won't answer your questions so the judge gives you permission to ask leading questions.

Does anyone know?

I believe it was tweeted as a statement outside the jury. Silly JW - all State witnesses are considered 'hostile witnesses' to the defence, and vice versa.

Just checked for Tweets ... nothing new but posting the following:

Reminder from Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3h 3 hours ago

Reminder that #jodiarias doesn't start until 1:30pmMST TODAY!

Not sure if this was posted:

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision · 22h 22 hours ago

The #JodiArias defense has rested it's case.

I've covered a lot of trials, I've never seen a victim disparaged so mercilessly as I have here

https://twitter.com/ericksonvision

That's unlikely. You declare someone a hostile witness when they are on direct and won't answer your questions so the judge gives you permission to ask leading questions.

:) That's why I was asking. I've seen a fair # of references to it and figured that couldn't be what she actually said.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about yesterday and MM's (#1) totally lying affidavit. I'm sure that Nurmi and Willmott knew ahead of time that there was enough evidence to put lie to his tall tales. If they weren't sure before, they sure are now.

I doubt Willmott will try and prove that Deanna was lying in her testimony about the date Travis moved out of the Bishop's house. BTW, that move-out date also crushes the *advertiser censored* garbage he spewed. The Bishop will add to the demolition of MM (#1).

This makes me think that this is only coming from Jodi and her supporters. Jodi is the boss of her attorneys and is forcing them into this horrendous re-trial with far-from-mitigation being supplied. I can't totally blame the lawyers. They are stuck like Super Glue to the last day and the final verdict.

I could write a lot more about Boss JA, but I think you get my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member