Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: Bash me if you'd like..I won't take it personally. .....

It would be human for jurors, maybe especially the men, to listen to what they heard yesterday and wonder why the heck Travis put up with her behavior. (No, I am NOT blaming the victim!)

He's telling a GF that JA has come into his house uninvited, spied on him when he was in his own home with a GF, hacked his emails, read his journals, waited for him outside the bathroom door, taken a ring out of one of his closed drawers, and probably slashed his tires.

He's telling someone that, and warning her that JA will likely take revenge on her just because he's speaking to her. He's also expressing his belief JA has an accomplice who is essentially stalking two of his GF's.

As a juror, it would make me need to understand why he didn't draw an absolute line in the sand with her. DM went a long toward explaining this, by saying he thought she might really commit suicide if he did that.

It helps that they also have the history of other BF's being equally incapable of handling her. If jurors don't have these explanations firmly in mind I can imagine that they might at least consider one of her other mitigators on the list......that she was especially vulnerable to and affected by their tumultuous relationship (defined loosely).

Not because he was being abusive (I think that's been discredited), but because her BPD made her extremely likely to misinterpret ANY intimate contact.

no one is going to bash :) you bring up very valid points….points that any one of these jurors might conclude are valid and mitigating.

i started a long rambling post about all the reasons i think that BPD isn't a mitigating factor, but its all been said before.

for me it wouldn't factor outweigh the crime(s) she's committed.

BPD does not excuse murder, it doesn't preclude a person from understating right and wrong. she doesn't have a compromised IQ, and her age actually plays against her IMO. she wasn't a child, and given how long she lived on her own, she should have been even more mature than some other 27 yo. she knew full well what she did was wrong, or she wouldn't have tried to cover it up. in many instances of a DV victim killing their abuser, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CALL POLICE, and admit what they've done.

What would also really sway me as a juror is the fact that despite mentioning BPD in their opening, the DT has offered zero in the way of how that played into JAs actions. Instead they've spent months and months blaming the victim, while making the most vile accusations against him.

Now Nurmi is going to try and tell the jurors that BPD is the reason she did it????? SMH

ok, I'm starting to rant again…..:blushing:

all MOOOOOOOO

Oh, okay, I get it now. Thanks. But given she's had this disorder all along, why didn't she murder any of the others?

Because none of the others threatened to expose her for what she really is. The others had also continued to allow her to keep using them (unless they had disappeared to the point that she couldn't locate them). JA herself said that no one has to fear her unless they threaten her life (or some such nonsense). What she meant was not physically threaten her life with violence but to expose her to everyone else for the manipulative, lying freak that she really is.

MOO

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 53s53 seconds ago
Morning calendar still going. Trial in State v #jodiarias will start in about 15 minutes.

:seeya: Hi there,

Where are the regular Court Tweeters ? This Hernandez trial is getting the coverage -- oh well, JA ... lol !

Anyway ... I am not finding much -- yet -- but hopefully they will show up !

I'll cover WAT, or whoever else ya need me too, like Kiefer.

Hi ICit,

Do we have a link to this MM FB post? Would love to read it and some how I missed it!

TIA

Go back to post 93 in this section and there is an attachment there. The Time To Vent post is in the bottom left of the page (scroll down). There are also other interesting posts by Witness #1 aka Marc Magee.

Oh, okay, I get it now. Thanks. But given she's had this disorder all along, why didn't she murder any of the others?

Not sure if the jury will get that the difference was she was older, broke, hadn't fully lined up her next prey, and back home in a tiny room...

She and Brewer played house, but she was supposed to be paying half. TA had it all, could have given it all to her, but didn't.

Easy answer, because she still believes, well until yesterday anyway, that they're still in her pocket.

Haven't seen Nali since yesterday, hope to see her jump in soon. Wouldn't seem like trial day without her here.

Because none of the others threatened to expose her for what she really is. The others had also continued to allow her to keep using them (unless they had disappeared to the point that she couldn't locate them). JA herself said that no one has to fear her unless they threaten her life (or some such nonsense). What she meant was not physically threaten her life with violence but to expose her to everyone else for the manipulative, lying freak that she really is.

MOO

Oh, I so agree! It doesn't make Travis look weak at all then, does it? :)

Hi everyone!
I've been out of commission Mon.-Wed. Can someone just tell me...is everything going well? TIA

Morning has gone EXCEEDINGLY well for the state. Yesterday was jaw dropping.

Does anyone know where I can find text (not video) of Steven (Stephen?) Alexander's victim impact statement from the first trial?

He quoted something Travis had written, I think at New Year's 2008, about seeking to be more forgiving. When I heard that I could understand so clearly why Travis didn't cut JA off completely, but now I can't find it.

I think this is what you are looking for. Post # 1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ent-Transcripts-Steven-amp-Samantha-Alexander

Does anyone know where I can find text (not video) of Steven (Stephen?) Alexander's victim impact statement from the first trial?

He quoted something Travis had written, I think at New Year's 2008, about seeking to be more forgiving. When I heard that I could understand so clearly why Travis didn't cut JA off completely, but now I can't find it.

It is #1 post on the Thread: Impact Statement Transcripts - Steven & Samantha Alexander

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ent-Transcripts-Steven-amp-Samantha-Alexander

:cheers:

Meanwhile, the supporters in Jodiland are hoping Willmott cross-examines Dr. D because Willmott did such a great job making Dr. D look stupid last time around.

Who are these people?

Meanwhile, the supporters in Jodiland are hoping Willmott cross-examines Dr. D because Willmott did such a great job making Dr. D look stupid last time around.

Who are these people?

Apparently deaf and blind ....

Just checked and no Tweets yet ...

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: !

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 5s 6 seconds ago
Jodi must be parting her hair or something .....waiting....waiting #jodiarias

Hey everyone, Good morning :-)  yesterday was another good day for Travis and for Travis’ family. YAY!! I’m kinda sorta looking forward to today, only because I know Dr. DeMarte will handle nurmi just fine! She’ll put him in his place just like she did with wilmont. It still makes me laugh when I think of how wilmont questioned Dr. DrMarte’s education. As far as what the outcome is for the murderer, I couldn’t care less. I do hope this jury does right by Travis’ family by giving the murderer the DP, but if not I won’t see it as a loss. Either way the beast will be in a cage for the rest of her life. I really do hope Juan Martinez makes very clear to this jury exactly what is “wrong” with the murderer. All these disorders can be confusing if one does not know anything about them. I mean I think the only thing “wrong” with the murderer is she’s EVIL, she is just EVIL, she is filled with EVIL, so much EVIL in this beast that it’s coming out of her. All you have to do is look at her face, her eyes, her hair, it’s all over her. I’m just waiting for the horns to start showing, just like the one from that Florida trial. The one thing I care about is having Travis’ good name cleared; I believe Juan Martinez accomplished that with Dr. DeMarte. God bless Travis, God bless Travis’ family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth