Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, good morning :) well at least it's not about *advertiser censored* yet. Will Juan Martinez get to question this witness?

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago
One of the trauma's #JodiArias focused on was day of murder, not that she killed #Travis but what he did to her.

And that's supposed to explain why she spent what looks like up to months planning how to murder him, then driving the 1000 miles to do so.... oh and then covering it up, because she knew self defense wasn't going to fly.

#JodiArias said she was scratching #Travis but stopped because she didn't want to hurt him. This is day of the murder.
----

The day of the murder?

WTF....I thought he "body slammed, and then he charged at her like a linebacker?"

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 51s 51 seconds ago

Willmott asks Geffner about DeMarte's notes and says there is no mention #jodiarias saying she didn't want to hurt Alexander during choking

#JodiArias said she was scratching #Travis but stopped because she didn't want to hurt him. This is day of the murder.
----

The day of the murder?

what???????

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
We have another sidebar #3tvarias #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
Notes from DeMarte didn't have the fact Jodi didn't want to hurt Travis during the choking incident #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4m 4 minutes ago
Jodi told DeMarte she was scratching at Travis's face during the choking but didn't want to hurt him #jodiarias #3tvarias

Has anyone heard the defense wanted Juror #4 dismissed last week?

From MK:

Willmott asks Geffner about DeMarte's notes and says there is no mention #jodiarias saying she didn't want to hurt Alexander during choking

I guess maybe my brain is scrambled, I thought it was through Dr. D's testimony that we heard about JA wanting to scratch his eyes out when he was choking her but she didn't want to hurt him so stopped - was that during Geff's and not Dr. D?

From MK:

Uhm, no.

The choking incident was a different event and DeMarte did bring it up you dope. SMH

One of the trauma's #JodiArias focused on was day of murder, not that she killed #Travis but what he did to her.

Wow that comes across as sounding pretty damn cold to me. So the trauma she (cough-cough) supposedly had was all about HER and nothing about murdering a human being.

Uh huh.... keep talking Geff.

I guess maybe my brain is scrambled, I thought it was through Dr. D's testimony that we heard about JA wanting to scratch his eyes out when he was choking her but she didn't want to hurt him so stopped - was that during Geff's and not Dr. D?

It was Dr. D. She said that response was unrealistic (or some such)

WTF....I thought he "body slammed, and then he charged at her like a linebacker?"

The DT isn't even pretending to be honest anymore. Good grief. Best guess is they're trying to goad JM into impeaching on this point, which would involve bringing in her self-defense lie, giving the jury another shot at residual doubt.

----

The day of the murder?

Well, thank goodness she didn't hurt him by scratching! I'm sure the knife being plunged into his body 20 plus times was less painful. How ignorant do you think the jury is, Willmott? :(

NO!!!

Anyone here have factual information about this? I've tried finding answers but it seems to come down to personal preference rather than these dreaded "ethical violations." Anybody here know for sure?????
ETA: When I was a supervising professor for student teachers, those students were called "preservice" teachers because they had not GRADUATED from the ed program yet. Any resumes or questions about their experience were answered, properly, that they had X number of years as a preservice teacher prior to graduation. While most successful graduates immediately applied for and received their teaching licenses, some waited until they took additional summer courses for more experience, traveled and worked with other teachers throughout the state and far beyond, again to get more experience and ultimately decide if they wanted to pursue a more specific licensure (like special education, ESL, behavioral programs etc.). At that time, PRE LICENSURE, they would often say in response to how much experience they had, the number and amount of experience they had which could include time full time volunteering, and in some cases working in school settings where licensure wasn't required to teach such as some private educational settings, tutoring, teaching out of the country........etc.

After receiving their Bacherlors degrees, a lot of teachers would work toward their masters or specialized programs prior to applying for licensure. Many of those taught with me and other faculty, as teaching assistants at the college, and many would teach in area schools as full time assistants to specific teachers in order to gain more expertise, experience, or merely to get a broader range of experience that comes from teaching with so may different teaching styles and in a broad range of school settings from rural to inner school.

I would consider those as having had a TON of experience prior to being a licensed teacher and it was NOT unethical to say that prior to graduation they had X number of terms as a preservice teacher and post graduation they had X number of years experience. They had graduated the education program, some with masters degrees, so they were teachers in the sense they successfully completed and graduated from the education program, and through our department they had been recommended for licensure. However, they hadn't applied for licensure. Had they answered they had X number of years as a licensed teachers, that would absolutely be wrong. But answering X number of years pre-graduation and post graduation would be answering ethically and honestly.

Am I just floundering in the weeds wondering the differences here, or is there truly an ethical guideline that Geffner is citing, or is it more like Dr. Hayes cleared up during surrebuttal that SOME psychologists would cite their pre-licensure experience and some wouldn't. More as a personal preference. PLEASE.......any body really know, or know someone credible to ask....or where to find the info??
TIA

https://psychboard.az.gov/
This website will give you every bit of information regarding Dr. DeMarte's Licensure--everything from required Academic Coursework, Internship/Practicum, Degree Plans, Code of Ethics, Continuing Education, and every rule and statute that governs a Pychologist's path to and obtainment of licensure in the state of Arizona.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 6m6 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

We have another sidebar #3tvarias #jodiarias

:judge: #3

Bottom line, JA left TA's house with no injuries a couple of band aids wouldn't fix.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 10s 10 seconds ago

DeMarte's typed notes describe Alexander straddling #jodiarias and
choking until she loses consciousness, inconsistent w handwritten notes

WTH?

Does the defense even listen to the prosecutions questions ? They keep screwing up the true testimony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen