Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to stealthily reach for trail mix. You all know how stealthy I am...not!

From Kiefer:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 5s 5 seconds ago

Stephens asks about minor points on #jodiarias jury instructions,
then asks the attorneys to approach to review the verdict forms.

-----I never thought the day would come when they would get to "jury instructions" !

Can she though? The DT has rested. JSS gave her every opportunity before that. I can't see how she legally can just "change her mind" tonight?

Allocution is not considered evidence, so it happens after the defense rests.

And this is what she is totally not realizing. LOL

When she tries to appeal and say she was prevented from giving her allocution, the Appeals court will review the Appeal and throw it out for "No Basis for Appeal".

They Appeals Court wont even consider it. The last laugh will be on JA. Finally.

The most stupidest defense I have ever witnessed.
So many of us have said all along that she would have been way better off by just
admitting she went into a jealous rage, and then just fake remorse (because we know she doesnt have any).

A simple and standard defense strategy like that would have at least gotten her a way better chance to try to ensure life sentence.

What she has done with her crazy strategy is given herself a real serious chance of getting a DP sentence.

Did we really ever expect any less from JA? All of us here know her well, and this is one of the reasons we have stuck it out here.

It could not happen to a better person: DP.

think she means recording with pen and paper.

If my mother in law was alive she could have kept up with everything through short hand....she was extremely fast. I took a course in the 80's that used the words we have now but cut out a lot of the letters. Secretaries were using that because it would let the 'boss' beable to read what was dictated before it was actually typed out, in case the secretary had not typed it out yet....did that make sense? Infact a lot of the texting is done like that now. U for the word YOU, lv would be love or leave depending on the content of the paragraph, mthr is mother, most vowels are cut out. This person could be using a form of shorthand like this or one she made up. Hence she is saying 'recording'.

well, it was a SC decision & ja knew it! NO closed courtroom. Why did she try it anyway? She thought 'testimony' & 'allocution' meant different rules?

Yep! Jodi was stupid enough to try to argue law with a judge!!! Even Casey Anthony didn't try that.

OH OH. I think that is a big no no. The 13th juror, Paul sanders almost caused an issue when they accused him of recording it, and he showed them his pages of shorthand. If she is a reporter, she must know that tape recorders are not allowed.

Tammy is in the media room. There is a one way window and the video recording of the proceedings are happening and can be released for the public to watch after the verdict. She tells me you cannot see the jury from in that room. She is recording for the future - for the record so to speak.

So, once again, it's put on Juans shoulders to deal with what Sherry allows the defense to do. Can't cross exam witnesses.....has to deal with last minute evidence, hearsay.....defend himself in front of a jury on an issue that had nothing to do with mitigation.....but, it's all good. :facepalm:
All good for Jodi....Travis who?

So, once again, it's put on Juans shoulders to deal with what Sherry allows the defense to do. Can't cross exam witnesses.....has to deal with last minute evidence, hearsay.....defend himself in front of a jury on an issue that had nothing to do with mitigation.....but, it's all good. :facepalm:
All good for Jodi....Travis who?

I bet Juan's lack of a reply equals the amount of time the jury will consider this last-minute "evidence" - zero.

Going to re-read her testiphony again and highlight the "remorse" parts. Shouldn't be too much, if any work at all.

There were only snippets IIRC- how much she would give to have that day back again, how she was sorry she hurt "those people" - no sincere remorse for taking Travis' life.

From Kiefer:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 4s 5 seconds ago

That's all folks.

There were only snippets IIRC- how much she would give to have that day back again, how she was sorry she hurt "those people" - no sincere remorse for taking Travis' life.

And: "but ....(the murder represented) only a few minutes out of my whole life!

Everyone left but judge says she wants something else on the record and JM is summoned back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder