Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tweeted that Det. Flores looked very stressed. I bet he did, but am not sure it is all because of the trial. I am sure he is very grief stricken and he probably has many times throughout the day that he shows it on his face. Poor man. :rose:

News Flash from News 20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Just finished my reports for KFYI.

Juror #12 said he didn't believe in death penalty really, only for serial killers. #JodiArias

:great: Glad he's gone !

The Alexander Family and Juan want the DP, so hopefully, the rest of the jurors will vote for the DP !
Well did this juror state that in his questionnaire or when questioned by the attorneys before trial? If so, then why was he picked for a DP trial.
If not, was he keeping this a secret? Did he say that to another juror? How did they find out? Was he posting on a ja support site?

One thing I believe wholeheartedly now, is that the defense knew they wouldn't be calling Fonseca back or Sue. They kept up the pretense and had JSS warn Deanna that she would be subject to recall so she would not be in the courtroom for any of this. That really breaks my heart. Their cruelty and punishment know no limits or boundaries all for the sake of their psychopathic client and their continued paychecks.

I keep seeing people say they think JSS will give stabby LWOP. I thought there was no parole for murder in Az and that if the jury fails to agree, JSS would have to choose between 'life' or letting her go with 'time served.'
Help!?!

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 2m 2 minutes ago
On a random note - this court house is beautiful #jodiarias

After losing two of their own in the morning and then walking into an empty courtroom to see JA on the stand this afternoon...I can't imagine what will be running through the jurors' minds. If it was me, I think I would feel scared and worried about my personal safety, the way you feel when you see a lot of police cars around and you start wondering what is going on. I think the DT is creating a very ominous atmosphere for the jury today.

What's even scarier for jurors than JA on the stand is JA standing near them allocuting ... I hope for their sakes JW's huge folder didn't contain JA's 750 pp. script.

Almost every time a juror was booted we had no idea why until they talked. These things are under seal. It would be very stupid for MK to report it before the jurors spoke. We won't find out what happened until they speak.

Sorry, but I believe MK is stupid. And very biased. And unprofessional. And rude.....at least he was to KCL.....

Looks like we are almost there! I certainly expected JA and her team to pull out all the stops at the end, they have nothing to lose. Hopefully, the jurors hang in there until the end. Not much longer.

Because I'm tired of all the doubters caving in to their worries. I actually think JSS is a good judge who is doing the right thing, and I'm sick of all the criticism she's getting.

Although I don't think JSS deserves the harshest of criticisms leveled at her I personally do not believe she's a very efficient judge. A judge has one major responsibility and that's case and trial management and she has thus far done a piss poor job of accomplishing efficient case management. She has zero control over her Courtroom, any of its witnesses or Court officers. And her judgment behind some of her decisions has me scratching my head most of the time. If it's a pass or fail grade JSS gets a fail from me.

A sample of Jodi Arias Acceptance Speech, ahem <clears throat> I mean allocution: (This is a parody folks) (JOKE)

Jodi Arias's Acceptance Speech for the Best Supporting Actron Oscar:

Thank you! Oh! Thank you! I can hardly conjugate verbs! I feel so horn-y! And this statue - it's so suspiciously phallic! Oh, thank you again! I just want everyone to bow down before me and accept that even in my wildest hallucinations, I never would have frantically prayed that this could ever validate my mediocrity. And to the other second-rate nominees, I want each of you to know how totally vindicated your crushing defeat makes me feel right now!

You know when they first told me I was a Goddess on Earth, I just had to obsess about how freakish my experiences have been.

You know, there are so many obsequious stalkers to thank! First off though, I want to pay off the esteemed idiots of the Academy, JSS and my attorneys, who looked deep within their wallets before giving me this fantastic award! Also, I want to thank my guru, for being such a powerful force. And to the US Supreme Court, who will ultimately overturn my death penalty. And finally, to all the people I have conned - I couldn't have done it without you!

Thank you America, and good night!

Oh hindsight2020, thanks for the laugh!

:laughcry::hilarious::hilarious:

I keep seeing people say they think JSS will give stabby LWOP. I thought there was no parole for murder in Az and that if the jury fails to agree, JSS would have to choose between 'life' or letting her go with 'time served.'
Help!?!

Time served? Hell no. Nope.
It's LWOP (Life without parole) or LWP (Life with parole) but Arizona doesn't really have parole (boards) so it's basically LWOP for Ms. Arias. Unless the AZ system changes.

Time served? Hell no. Nope.
It's LWOP or LWP but Arizona doesn't really have parole (boards) so it's basically LWOP for Ms. Arias. Unless the AZ system changes.

I'm curious-- if they returned from lunch and the State offered JA the sentence of LWOP, do you think she'd take it? I'm curious.

Although I don't think JSS deserves the harshest of criticisms leveled at her I personally do not believe she's a very efficient judge. A judge has one major responsibility and that's case and trial management and she has thus far done a piss poor job of accomplishing efficient case management. She has zero control over her Courtroom, any of its witnesses or Court officers. And her judgment behind some of her decisions has me scratching my head most of the time. If it's a pass or fail grade JSS gets a fail from me.

This is how I feel best summed up. I have tried to keep supporting her because I really believed that she is just making sure that JA's rights are protected so we only do this once, But to be honest, Letting JA allocute privately is going to say something to the jury. And it is not right. She had no problem yacking on the stand for all that time, And this time she wants it in private? Yeah, no.

There is no reason to allow this.

What do you think about the judge allowing affidavits from witnesses who probably never planned to testify? Thank you.

I'm curious-- if they returned from lunch and the State offered JA the sentence of LWOP, do you think she'd take it? I'm curious.

No. I don't. I think she thinks she can win this and I think she wants to talk again.

All we have right now are rumors: No witnesses. Allocution. Closing arguments.
Maybe the defense will bring a couple of people to testify. Or maybe JM will allow one more Alexander family member to give a statement. Then maybe Jodi will give an allocution. Who knows?
I would pay to be up front and personal with Jodi while she gives that allocution. What can she say that wouldn't make someone sneer and snicker and laugh? Uhm, "he made me kill him?". Or, "he looked at *advertiser censored*". Or how about how he deserved what he got. I bet she wears a purple sweater to boot. She doesn't cry well and she doesn't know how to feel remorse. I mean, put it all out there Jodi. So what? It will never help me understand why. That's all I want know is...WHY? She is evil. Period.

Help!?!

Convicted of first degree murder pursuant to section 13-1105, subsection A, paragraph 2, the defendant shall be sentenced to death or imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections for life or natural life as determined and in accordance with the procedures provided in section 13-752. A defendant who is sentenced to natural life is not eligible for commutation, parole, work furlough, work release or release from confinement on any basis. If the defendant is sentenced to life, the defendant shall not be released on any basis until the completion of the service of twenty-five calendar years if the murdered person was fifteen or more years of age and thirty-five years if the murdered person was under fifteen years of age or was an unborn child.

No way. For Jodi this is about the show and trashing Travis she can't do that if she accepts a deal and can't also claim she's innocent. But this is all hypothetical because Juan would never offer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem