Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be JA who is about to give the best performance of her life as a young mentally ill innocent little girl and too embarrassed to do it in front of cameras?

Just my feeling, but I don't think it's JA. I think it's one of the people she claimed they never talked to last time, maybe about the bruises. It could be that would be seen as important mitigation testimony that only one or two can testify to and can only be heard if they close the court because of witness's demands? Not saying court should be closed even for that, I actually think it's outrageous, but just my guess. If it is bruising, I would imagine that someone that slaughtered a 190lb man like JA did would have a few bruises, and JM will take care of that.

As for her family, they are just part of the public - seats are saved for them, but they don't have special rights to hear testimony as the victim's family does. I do think Aunt Sue will testify, probably to abuse, but she's related to JA. None of them seem to shun attention...

I lost many of my old post after the crash of May 2013. but I can still find them by the you've subscribed to this thread.

I'm not sure what you mean here, ILikeToBendPages.

BTW, I just noticed there is a username "Jinkasaurus"! HAHAHAHA! I love it!

I am back but for nothing I see. If this is still going on,it's likely the killer. Bet the media feel stupid standing in the halls. Glad someone is going to appeal.

UBM - Well according to a tweet from Michael Keifer, Nurmi filed a motion to do just that.

Sorry, but a few pages back the tweet said Nurmi specifically ASKED that Jodia family have to leave the courtroom.

Here's the tweet:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 2h 2 hours ago
Alexander's family is still court; Arias' family was ejected. Ironically, the motion came from Nurmi. #JodiArias

Maybe I'm wrong and if so, apologies, but the way I read it was that the motion to have everyone removed, came from Nurmi, and that included JA's family, but TA's family could stay as they have special rights as victims.

UBM - Well according to a tweet from Michael Keifer, Nurmi filed a motion to do just that.

He filed the motion to protect the witness - think that's probably what MK meant. Closing the courtroom to protect the witness would include JA's family. They may have stayed in their seats thinking they could stay, and were told they had to leave, maybe?

Call me cynical but I do believe that the entire family is in on this line of defense. I think the parents are well aware of the strategies (kind of abuse etc.). This is all an act. I think Nurmi has been coached by Baez. Once this trial is over all the family members will come together and sing Kumbaya, abuse allegations be d$amned.

Maybe it *is* Jodi, and she realized that she's doomed (with a capital DOOM), so she wants to 'fess up to her prior lies and beg the jury for mercy. Just not in front of anyone. Including her family.

:)

I think too much emphasis is being placed on her putting on a blazer, maybe because we all remember from before. She could have put it in to look smarter or not insane or more respectable.... any number of reasons.

As to why family kicked out. Still trying to wrap my brain around that one. ;)

WAT has been tweeting how cold the courtroom has been so maybe JW finally remembered to bring her something to wear.

Isn't Aunt Sue knee deep with the supporters raising money? Nurmi may have thought the secret of who the witness is wasn't safe with any of her family.

At this point, I don't care why they did that. I'm more afraid that if she and her defense team doesn't get what they want then it'll be a good reason to overturn her conviction. Let this psycho and her disgusting defense get what they want. My biggest fear is that she will get a successful appeal.

My thoughts, in order:

1. HOLY *advertiser censored**

2. I am sick and tired of Maricopa County judges ignoring the right of the free press and the public to attend trials. I have argued these things myself, and they are oblivious.

3. I am proud of Chris Moeser (associate of David Bodney) for running down there--no doubt because David B couldn't--and taking a stand for the media. He has only been practicing about 10 years but I hear good things about him.

4.The witness is not JA.

5. The witness is not an expert.

6. It could be someone outside the court's jurisdiction who therefore can't be subpoenaed but agreed to testify IF [list of demands] and because this is a DP case the judge OK'd the demands. BUT then I immediately thought...if the witness is here now, he/she is subject to the court's jurisdiction right now and Nurmi could whip up a subpoena on a legal pad and serve it this second. And that's what I'd suggest if I were the judge. And then suppressing the witness's identity doesn't make sense...

7. The witness might be a child testifying about something super-horrible. :thinking: Now that would make sense. But I can't imagine any such witness exists.

He filed the motion to protect the witness - think that's probably what MK meant. Closing the courtroom to protect the witness would include JA's family. They may have stayed in their seats thinking they could stay, and were told they had to leave, maybe?

Exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks! :happydance:

I just saw on the Justice for TA Facebook page about some mystery witness and the expletives are flying from my mouth. Who has the gall to basically BLACKMAIL the court into having them testify privately? JSS should have ordered them to testify or face contempt of court. This is not a mafia case or a child afraid of testifying in front if their abuser. This person should not be allowed to call the shots!! Grrr!!! Hopefully the jury will ask themselves if this was important enough to have cleared the spectators and media for and decide if this person just doesn't want to be associated publically with JA or what the deal is.

I have to totally agree with this. The jury WILL notice. They will especially notice that JA's family is not there and someone is testifying to childhood abuse. I still think it's the aunt and doesn't want her twin sister to hear her lies.

And, I'm not in the least worried that the jury will EVER forget the VIS. They only have to look over to the only spectators in the courtroom and see Tanisha and her brother to remind them. I only saw the VIS on tv and they still haunt me to this day.

Can someone check the motions and see if Cheryl Karp, the psych professional could testify under pseudonym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tc30